MIKA @ Olympia, Dublin, Ireland

dcdeb

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

neeve272

I know, I know, I'm not supposed to RSVP if I'm not going but puhleease understand... this is what I campaigned for and now I'm half way across the world! Have an amazing time guys!

That's just terrible! I thought you'd be there for sure!

awh thanks hun....I wiiiish I could...especially seeing veryone who'll be there! Oh man ye have to get Meeks to make a video for me or something :roftl:

I might have a job persuading Mr Mika Mad to do that, he's coming to the gig with me!

ohhh. I'd love to come to dublin and see you both.. :wub2: say hi also to mr mika mad from me and mr avoca. I wish I could persuade mr avoca to go to another gig, but it's hard after the BC fiasco..:teehee:

will you be in london? speaking of which, I HAVE to get tick to that, as I've booked my flights too.. :aah: it was either that or nothing, since prices go up SO fast.. :boxed:

ohhh. I'd love to come to dublin and see you both.. :wub2: say hi also to mr mika mad from me and mr avoca. I wish I could persuade mr avoca to go to another gig, but it's hard after the BC fiasco..:teehee:

Mr Ruth is having none of it!!!

I don't know how to get there or where to stay or anything....but I hope it will work out in the end...it always use to.:blush-anim-cl:

Can someone please give me little tips of what is To-do or To-see things in Dublin, I'm interested in literature and history!:wink2:

blue, you have to come! :biggrin2:

and would also love to get sightseeing tips, still have to decide on how long to stay in dublin after the gig, can choose any date between the 16th and 19th to go back. are there any sightseeing day trips from dublin to interesting points within ireland (castles and stuff like that)? would love to see a bit of the countryside, though it's probably not the best time in february... :blink:

oh, and do you celebrate carnival in ireland? in germany this monday/tuesday are party days! :bleh:

Edited by mellody

I dunno where I'm gonna stay. Somewhere cheap that doesn't require a credit card when booking in, as I don't have one. I usually get places for nothing in Dublin.

Either that, or I'm jumping in with other people so one of them has the relevant technicalities.

I don't know what that is, so I guess we don't. :bleh:

damn. :naughty: mardi gras? pancake day? does that ring a bell? wikipedia says that's what the tuesday is called in other countries. :naughty:

but there'll probably be no special parties anyway, if you don't know of it. this is what it looks like in munich:

marktfr9_DW_Bayern__502246g.jpg

2258283219_fb2bb8664e.jpg

359099799-fasching_475px.9.jpg

but well, we'll just have a mika party instead then! :bleh:

oh well. i'll just wear a costume for the mika gig then, bring some streamers+confetti to the gig, and eat some pancakes on tuesday. :bleh: though in germany we eat those for carnival (could be compared to filled donuts i think):

200_008_122083_krapfen.jpg

Edited by mellody

oh well. i'll just wear a costume for the mika gig then, bring some streamers+confetti to the gig, and eat some pancakes on tuesday. :bleh: though in germany we eat those for carnival (could be compared to filled donuts i think):

Sounds good to me! :roftl:

Nice! :drool: What's that in the middle? :bleh:

Sounds good to me! :roftl:

Nice! :drool: What's that in the middle? :bleh:

in this case i think apricot jam, that's the standard one. but you get them with all sorts of sweet fillings, different sorts of jam, nutella, vanilla cream,... :biggrin2: very delicious! :drool:

There was this little voice in the back of my mind whispering 'Dublin, Dublin, Dublin'. So annoying. :naughty:

So I suited the action to the word. Ticket & flight have been booked, hostel close to the venue... Ireland here I come! :thumb_yello:

BTW is it really a 1300 ppl venue?

oh, can I have a chocolate krapfen, pls..? even if I don't come to dublin.. :naughty::teehee:

john, set up some also for hammersmith and munich, pretty pls. :mf_rosetinted:

Hmm... Dublin sounds even better than Brighton or Glasgow...

Ryanair is the magic word... Will think about this one. :wink2:

Come ! Come!

I don't know how to get there or where to stay or anything....but I hope it will work out in the end...it always use to.:blush-anim-cl:

Can someone please give me little tips of what is To-do or To-see things in Dublin, I'm interested in literature and history!:wink2:

You're right (without being reckless) it does always seem to work out.

You have to see the tart with the cart for one thing. (It's a statue of Molly Malone ....'In Dublin's fair City....'

It's a nice little city where you mostly go for the ----can't spell it ---- craic

The conversation, the ambiance and the beer. But there are plenty of high cultural sights too.

oh, and do you celebrate carnival in ireland? in germany this monday/tuesday are party days! :bleh:

No, although it's a Catholic country, it doesn't.

damn. :naughty: mardi gras? pancake day?

this is what it looks like in munich:

marktfr9_DW_Bayern__502246g.jpg

2258283219_fb2bb8664e.jpg

359099799-fasching_475px.9.jpg

but well, we'll just have a mika party instead then! :bleh:

I went to mardi gras in Maastricht. It looked just like ^^^^^^^^these.

There was this little voice in the back of my mind whispering 'Dublin, Dublin, Dublin'. So annoying. :naughty:

So I suited the action to the word. Ticket & flight have been booked, hostel close to the venue... Ireland here I come! :thumb_yello:

BTW is it really a 1300 ppl venue?

Excellent. I hope your tickets were affordable, mine that I booked last night were £5 each way. Today they're £38!!!!!!

And I do believe it is a small venue. Yummy!

Well I tried to book a flight from Weeze but there was no schedule for Feb (yet). So I tried Eindhoven, which I usually avoid because of the high tax rates. Now it turned out the Dublin-Ehv leg was even a taxless flight for 15 euros so I got a return ticket for less than 50 euros - which is not bad. You are even luckier than me! :thumb_yello:

Ha! I'm looking forward to seeing you again! :biggrin2:

Oh and you have been to Maastricht? During carnaval? Poor you! :naughty:

Well I tried to book a flight from Weeze but there was no schedule for Feb (yet). So I tried Eindhoven, which I usually avoid because of the high tax rates. Now it turned out the Dublin-Ehv leg was even a taxless flight for 15 euros so I got a return ticket for less than 50 euros - which is not bad. You are even luckier than me! :thumb_yello:

Ha! I'm looking forward to seeing you again! :biggrin2:

Oh and you have been to Maastricht? During carnaval? Poor you! :naughty:

I wouldn't be surprised if I win the cheapest air fare of the tour competition :wink2:

I'm looking forward to seeing you too. Fancy a cheap hostel?

Maastricht was great. I'd been sending a Christmas card to friend there for 20 years and when we finally went it was that time :thumb_yello: