TV: Mika on ELLEN (Ellen Degeneres Show) (22 Oct 2009)

dcdeb

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol3: I love how you say that so casually haha.

I would be " I LOVE BEING ON TV SHOWS!!! GAAAHHHHHHHH! "

:aah:

ahahaha!

Jools Holland was my absolute favourite though, even if my feet WERE aching! To be honest I think I choose TV shows over gigs, it's much more civilised :teehee:

ahahaha!

Jools Holland was my absolute favourite though, even if my feet WERE aching! To be honest I think I choose TV shows over gigs, it's much more civilised :teehee:

:lol3:

Oh wow! Thats interesting haha. Civilised can be nice... but its also nice to not be civilised :teehee::das:

I'm sure they both have their fair share of pros and cons.

For example, on a TV show it might be kind of cool to be the only crazy fans who stand out! Where as at a gig, its all fans, but its also a better experience because of the fans haha.

Which Jools Holland show were you at? The recent one?

Oh wow! Thats interesting haha. Civilised can be nice... but its also nice to not be civilised :teehee::das:

For example, on a TV show it might be kind of cool to be the only crazy fans who stand out! Where as at a gig, its all fans, but its also a better experience because of the fans haha.

TV shows are good, as long as your told in advance any special instructions!:sneaky2:

sivan14: @mikasounds thank u mika team for the vip tix for ellen!! X

1 minute ago from txt

MidwestClare: The mods are the greatest!!! Thank you!! We have four vip seats! #mika

4 minutes ago from txt

So I gather they will get in??:thumb_yello:

:yay:

I can't wait to see it tomorrow!!

Great job mods:wink2:

Oh wow! Thats interesting haha. Civilised can be nice... but its also nice to not be civilised

What was nice about Jools Holland was that it was a small group of us, we had a brilliant view with brilliant contact from Mika and his team. It was a lot more personal and very...well, stripped. It wasn't a sort of "popstar + fans" thing. It was more mutual than that. I don't know if I'm making any sense here but it felt more like as though I was supporting someone I was acquainted with, rather than a popstar. Even though I'm not really, obviously :aah: But he came over to us on his own accord a couple of times and just talked to us. And it was really nice.

Being on TV is good too :teehee:

You can see me in the audience on Jools Holland! Did you not see? I'm wearing the white top and pink scarf.

jools6-Copy.jpg

jools3-Copy.jpg

jools10.jpg

jools1-Copy.jpg

OUR VIEW: jools11.jpg

MIKA LOOKING AT US :wub2:

jools4-Copy.jpg

The good thing about gigs is that you get the atmosphere, energy and emotion. WAG is incredible live: "WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GAWLDEN! WE ARE GAWLDEN!" Plus you *might* get picked out and be on stage, or have stuff thrown over you, eye contact...the one thing I don't like about gigs is how squished you get. Scala was a brilliant gig but having a guys crotch rub up and down you isn't as pleasant as it sounds. Just thank God he didn't get *that* excited over seeing Mika shirtless :doh:

What's so precious about Mika is that he always makes contact with his fans whilst performing. It's like...he isn't JUST putting on a show. It's like he's doing it just for you :teehee: And also sometimes, as a fan, you can feel so invisible because the superstar is known worldwide and they don't even know who you are. It's not like that with Mika. He makes time for his fans. He genuinely likes us. And it shouldn't, really, but it gives me a sense of value. The man I admire incredibly, the one I really look up to, the one person that matters so much to me *probably* recognises my face by now. I don't why, but it's always been important to me. Maybe not "important"...but for some reason it makes everything a bit more worthwhile.

I think I just fangurled in this entire post.

TV shows are good, as long as your told in advance any special instructions!:sneaky2:

That is very true! :sneaky2:

What was nice about Jools Holland was that it was a small group of us, we had a brilliant view with brilliant contact from Mika and his team. It was a lot more personal and very...well, stripped. It wasn't a sort of "popstar + fans" thing. It was more mutual than that. I don't know if I'm making any sense here but it felt more like as though I was supporting someone I was acquainted with, rather than a popstar. Even though I'm not really, obviously :aah: But he came over to us on his own accord a couple of times and just talked to us. And it was really nice.

Being on TV is good too :teehee:

You can see me in the audience on Jools Holland! Did you not see? I'm wearing the white top and pink scarf.

The good thing about gigs is that you get the atmosphere, energy and emotion. WAG is incredible live: "WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GAWLDEN! WE ARE GAWLDEN!" Plus you *might* get picked out and be on stage, or have stuff thrown over you, eye contact...the one thing I don't like about gigs is how squished you get. Scala was a brilliant gig but having a guys crotch rub up and down you isn't as pleasant as it sounds. Just thank God he didn't get *that* excited over seeing Mika shirtless :doh:

What's so precious about Mika is that he always makes contact with his fans whilst performing. It's like...he isn't JUST putting on a show. It's like he's doing it just for you :teehee: And also sometimes, as a fan, you can feel so invisible because the superstar is known worldwide and they don't even know who you are. It's not like that with Mika. He makes time for his fans. He genuinely likes us. And it shouldn't, really, but it gives me a sense of value. The man I admire incredibly, the one I really look up to, the one person that matters so much to me *probably* recognises my face by now. I don't why, but it's always been important to me. Maybe not "important"...but for some reason it makes everything a bit more worthwhile.

I think I just fangurled in this entire post.

Oh gosh! I did see that haha. Yay! That's so fantastic!

I completely completely get what you mean about him :wink2: I think many people here get what you mean haha.

I have also had lucky experiences with him, but its not just luck. He makes it all happen, we feel lucky because he has the heart to do all of that. I don't know if he recognizes my face yet haha. But I'm hopin'!

Its kind of like with Mika, its not on the surface at all. There's always something more. :wub2:

And about your fangurly-ness: WOOHOO! Every thread needs some kind of fangurlyness, no matter what form.

NonoFmbm @mikasounds Thank you :D

1 minute ago from txt

sivan14 Mika was great! Had a little chat after. I think we decided on space theme or 50s? Lol

3 minutes ago from txt

MidwestClare #mika asked us to choose either space or 1950s themed. We said 1950s i think lol

4 minutes ago from txt

NonoFmbm @mikasounds Thank you :D

1 minute ago from txt

sivan14 Mika was great! Had a little chat after. I think we decided on space theme or 50s? Lol

3 minutes ago from txt

MidwestClare #mika asked us to choose either space or 1950s themed. We said 1950s i think lol

4 minutes ago from txt

Really glad things worked out for you guys . . .

sivan14: @mikasounds thank u mika team for the vip tix for ellen!! X

1 minute ago from txt

MidwestClare: The mods are the greatest!!! Thank you!! We have four vip seats! #mika

4 minutes ago from txt

So I gather they will get in??:thumb_yello:

Yes, four of them were able to get in! It was looking like only 2 would

get in for a while there, but the Ticket Fairy came through and got

all 4 in ! :thumb_yello:

Really glad things worked out for you guys . . .

Me too! Can't wait to hear about it... and can't wait to see the show

tomorrow! :boing:

Firstly, I would like to give a huge thank you to Deb and team Mika (and anyone else who may have been involved) for getting us in. You guys are amazing :wub2:

So Sivan got me out of school and we arrived at the studio at around 1:20pm. It was very confusing to find!

Then we basically just waited around because we still didn't know whether we would get in or not. Then a girl who worked on team Ellen came over to us and asked us what we were waiting for so she said she'd call Allison (I assume that's who she called) and voila -- we all got in! And not only did we get in, but we got VIP tickets too! We asked the girl if we could be seated by the performance area and she said yes, so we were seated three rows from the front. Not bad.

The reason I was most afraid to be part of the Ellen audience is because they make everyone dace, and I can't dance to save my life :aah:

So please don't laugh if you see my failed attempt at dancing tomorrow on TV.

It got annoying after a while because during every commercial break they would make us stand up and dance, but I guess it helped me learn some new skills :teehee:

The guests were pretty funny, so it wasn't totally boring.

Then she announced Mika, and they made the whole audience stand (:pinkbow:) and he sang BIOTG. The crowd seemed to like it, and MFC were trying to stand out so Mika would know he had some supporters in the audience, but I'm not sure if he saw. Sadly, Ellen did not interview him afterward.

As we were leaving, we were handed goodie bags with a necklace (i think) in them and everyone got Mika's new album too :punk:

During the show, they filmed David Spade leaving and we noticed where it was, so on the way out we waited in that area in hopes of seeing Mika, but they made us move across the driveway for some reason. :rolls_eyes:

After 15-30 minutes, we saw someone from the Mika team walking by, but we were too shy to ask anything, so we just continued waiting. When I received Mika's tweet I figured he had left, but then we saw a black SUV pull up, and in the backseat were Mika, Yasmine, and Mama P. They rolled down the window and talked to us for a little, but we could barely make out what they were saying because they were some feet away. Anyways, we thanked them for the tickets and asked them if there was a dress code for Friday, but Mika was just like "I don't know....it can be either spacey or something from the 1950s" and I think we chose spacey. Mellody asked about there being a twitter party on Thursday but he said he was busy. Then they left.

After that we went to an Italian restaurant and that was pretty much it :lol3:

side note: For the performance, he wore white pants, and a blue, military-inspired jacket...I don't think I'd seen him where it before.

If you have any questions, let me know :naughty:

And again, thank you very much Deb! :huglove::bow::flowers2:

Mellody asked about there being a twitter party on Thursday but he said he was busy.

:naughty: I don't know why that makes me laugh. Like he's turning down your invitation or something. At least I can sleep tomorrow because I'm going to be up all night tonight. :aah:

Thanks for your report. So glad you got in!