R.I.P. Stephen Gately (Boyzone)

RAK1

Totally shocking news this!

Stephen Gately, from the band Boyzone, was found dead, while on holiday in Majorca.

No details as yet, but it doesn't seem suspicious at the moment.

He was only 33.

Prayers go out to his family.

I was always a fan of Stephens, he always came across as a lovely person, and this was before I found out that his family only lived around the corner from my cousin in Dublin. They loved him round there, no one ever had a bad word to say about him.

It's so sad, I find myself pretty speechless!

R.I.P. Stephen.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTH??? What is it with all the deaths this year!! This is not normal anymore :blink:

I can't believe it really, he was so young!! :shocked:

Indeed, far too many lovely people leaving us. It's not right!

So sad, I woke up this morning and my sister said "Have you heard about Stephen Gately?" I said "No, I've only just woken up" "He's dead." "SHUT UP."

I grew up with Boyzone, like I did with Take That as they were out at the same time. Stephen did seem like a lovely young man - not that I ever met him - and it's such a shame he died at such a young age. It really makes you think, sometimes. Death can happen at any point.

Savour every moment with your family...and with Mika too!

So sad, I woke up this morning and my sister said "Have you heard about Stephen Gately?" I said "No, I've only just woken up" "He's dead." "SHUT UP."

I grew up with Boyzone, like I did with Take That as they were out at the same time. Stephen did seem like a lovely young man - not that I ever met him - and it's such a shame he died at such a young age. It really makes you think, sometimes. Death can happen at any point.

let's pray hard to God so that He won't take mika away from us too soon.let him die old,100 years from now if possible.

oh good gracious! :no::tears: too many deaths of wonderful people this year.Michael Jackson,Les Paul and now stephen gately??i even lost my dad this year.what is wrong with this year anyway?it's just extremely abnormal for such death chain to occur.

RIP Stephen.thank you for the music,although i was never a big fan of it.

let's pray hard to God so that He won't take mika away from us too soon.let him die old,100 years from now if possible.

oh good gracious! :no::tears: too many deaths of wonderful people this year.Michael Jackson,Les Paul and now stephen gately??i even lost my dad this year.what is wrong with this year anyway?it's just extremely abnormal for such death chain to occur.

RIP Stephen.thank you for the music,although i was never a big fan of it.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, :huglove:

MJ, Stephen, Farrah Fawcett, Les Paul, that Ed guy whose surname escapes me (McMahon? Or someone?) plus the guy from Dirty Dancing...what's going on, 2009?!

This is so sad! He was so young! He was certainly the best singer in Boyzone and seemed like a truly lovely person.

My prayers go out to his civil partner and his family, also to his friends in the band.

May God bless them and take care of them at this sad time.

RIP Stephen.

This is what it says on Wikipedia:

"Gately's body was discovered on 10 October 2009 while on holiday in Majorca. The cause of death has yet to be determined, although it was reported that he had "gone out for drinks, returned to his accommodation and fallen asleep, but never woke up." Boyzone manager Louis Walsh is quoted as saying: "We're all absolutely devastated. I'm in complete shock. I was only with him on Monday at an awards ceremony. We don't know much about what's happened yet. I only heard after The X Factor and we will rally around each other this week. He was a great man."

Gately's bandmates and Louis Walsh are expected to fly out to Majorca on 11 October 2009."

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, :huglove:

MJ, Stephen, Farrah Fawcett, Les Paul, that Ed guy whose surname escapes me (McMahon? Or someone?) plus the guy from Dirty Dancing...what's going on, 2009?!

thanks carol :huglove:

i know! there's been too much loss this year.ed mcmahon?? seriously?? omgg..i didn't know! although i've heard of him.

there's an article stating that he died in his room after some drinking.it makes me wonder,was it the alcohol drinks that killed him or was there something in his drinks? :boxed: makes u wonder doesnt it?

thanks carol :huglove:

i know! there's been too much loss this year.ed mcmahon?? seriously?? omgg..i didn't know! although i've heard of him.

there's an article stating that he died in his room after some drinking.it makes me wonder,was it the alcohol drinks that killed him or was there something in his drinks? :boxed: makes u wonder doesnt it?

lol, please don't call me Carol :blush-anim-cl: Caz or Caroline will do fine :roftl:

Yeah I heard he went out for drinks whilst on holiday in Majorca, but went back home, went to sleep and never woke up :dunno: no-one knows the exact cause of death yet. But at least he died peacefully and not in pain.

lol, please don't call me Carol :blush-anim-cl: Caz or Caroline will do fine :roftl:

Yeah I heard he went out for drinks whilst on holiday in Majorca, but went back home, went to sleep and never woke up :dunno: no-one knows the exact cause of death yet. But at least he died peacefully and not in pain.

sorry bout that :naughty: caroline it is.

god knows what happened.i hope they'll do an autopsy on him soon.it's rather suspicious though.i have been notified of certain drugs/pills that can dissolve quickly in drinks and may be a silent killer.hmm...

Hmm, makes me wonder if anyone slipped anything into his drink, cos that's very odd...

But as you said Caz, at least it was a peaceful way to go, even if it was way too soon.

exactly what i think too! isnt it weird? i'm glad he wasnt in pain though.

WTH??? What is it with all the deaths this year!! This is not normal anymore :blink:

I can't believe it really, he was so young!! :shocked:

I know rediculous isn't it :shocked:

yeah I woke up & about 5 minutes later I heard mum in the other room chatting to dad & saying "my favourite member of boyzone has just been found dead" I thought wtf when I heard her say that

I was certainly not a massive fan but I thought he was the cutest & sweetest of them all I'll certainly miss him, It's rather sad :(:boxed:

yes indeed lets all pray Mika will stay with us 'til old age I wanna see him become an old codger on a zimmer frame shouting we are not what you think we are we are olden we are olden

sorry mad joke alert hehe

Edited by DarkLight

Yet another person who has affected my childhood passes away !!!,although i was very young during the 90's i do remember Boyzone at the peak of their success !!!. I remember their songs repeated over and over again on T.V and Radio !!! and seeing them perfoming and alway's being interviewed !!! and having loads of fans.

I can't get my head around this tragic event, it wasn't long ago when i saw them playing golf at the golf club where my mother works !!!, and they were all having so much fun !!!, we've lost a amazing gifted singer at such a tender age !!! my heart goes out to his family,his friends,his fans at this tragic time

RIP Stephen Patrick David Gately

:rip_1: