The rain video!

Droopsy

Well I suppose I could, but I first thought of the "Thriller" video when I saw it.

So did I, and I really don't know why :biggrin2:. In any case, I LOVE this video. I'm so happy and relieved, after seeing the Blame It On The Girls one which I found horrible, that he's managed to do a good video again :blush-anim-cl:.

I just like everything about it. The atmosphere, the camera work, his clothes, the way he moves, the "acting", the funny creatures, the tent, the fireworks......And it goes to show that you don't need a huge production and budget to make a nice video.

This feels like a sort of "normal" or simple vid to a degree, but it's great. Blame It On The Girls was just badly done and that is a massive difference. I love :wub2: Rain.

I really think that he needs to launch this as a single here instead of Blame It.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! the video is amazing!:aah: I cannot believe that it's been out already..I saw it and I loved it! <3 Mika jumping around and the fireworks at the end...just perfect! and obviously Rain is one of the best songs from the new album!

so thanks sooooo much for posting the vid! I hope he will make a vid for Good Gone Girl in the future as well!

I always thought GGG would be the one starring david walliams, I can totally see that :teehee:

I don't think it should have been fireworks. Bring on torrential Rain and Lightning!

Oh yes HUGE thunderstorm would have added so much more to this vid, I loved the fireworks (but only cos they are pretty and sparkly like I do in R/L) but your right, it NEEDS a thunderstorm to add atmosphere, I know the dangley twisted mirrors are an arty form of rain, but theres not enough of them to make the impact for me, so the real thing would have been the cherry on the top, but I can imagine he didnt want to do what everyone expected.

Either that or it would be waaay over budget lol, he should have made it in the lakes, it ALWAYS p*sses down there lol.

Very dark, moody and brooding.

Like that very much, definitely suits the mood of the song.

Like the use of fireworks and the light at the end, gives it a positive ending , being in the dark forest is the negativeness of the relationship, and the light at the end is the light at the end of the tunnel as it were, getting out of it and going forward to happier times.

Isn't it funny how we all interpret things differently cos I saw it as a sad ending, cos it seemed like he was either loosing his mind or being left behind alone with his demons.

Oh yes HUGE thunderstorm would have added so much more to this vid, I loved the fireworks (but only cos they are pretty and sparkly like I do in R/L) but your right, it NEEDS a thunderstorm to add atmosphere, I know the dangley twisted mirrors are an arty form of rain, but theres not enough of them to make the impact for me, so the real thing would have been the cherry on the top, but I can imagine he didnt want to do what everyone expected.

Either that or it would be waaay over budget lol, he should have made it in the lakes, it ALWAYS p*sses down there lol.

Good point :naughty:

I love this. I don't know why. Colourful tent in dingy, dark, horrible forest. Mika peeking out. It's got some sort of twisted-ness to it.

Rain1.jpg

I F*CKING LOVE THE KICK HE DOES. Very angry. Suits the song well. I don't know...Mika just got the character SPOT ON.

Rain2.jpg

I loved thoe too, the first one to me is a reference to one foot boy, cos it's crazy colours and triangular and he is inside it (inside his head) and is coming outside to face his fears.

2nd one I love that kick (wish he had kicked into a pile of leaves sending them scattering all over), but other than that it draws me right into his emotions of anger at that point...excellent. :thumb_yello:

Mika's jump:

Rain13.jpg

Rain14.jpg

EPIC SHOT.

Rain12.jpg

"I HATE DAYS LIKE THIS"

I love how his expression changes, from mental, insane expression to fear and shock. Though the screen caps don't really capture it lol :naughty:

Rain10.jpg

Rain11.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE the low angle tilt and Mika crawling backwards on the floor. Gives a real sense of vulnerablity and panic.

Rain15.jpg

LOVE this piece of acting as well, the act of desperation...though there should have been more shots of it to make it look more chaotic and make it seem Mika's lost his mind a bit more lol, cos that's clearly what this video is about.

Rain16.jpg

THE END.

Rain17.jpg

Love the jumps sooo much awesome, love the close up of his expressions and his body language cos it draws you into his fears, love the backwards crawling on the floor, it shows the vulnerability.

I also noticed the coloured triangles reference again on the forrest floor etc.

Last pic....is very atmospheric and sad for me.

Oh yes HUGE thunderstorm would have added so much more to this vid.

I think that would have been far too obvious!

The "Very dark, brooding & moody" ( compliments of RAK1 ) is so much more intense!

I am really looking forward to Mika speaking about this vid.

No offense to those who loved it but this video is ridiculous, dismal, poorly conceived and executed. At least with Blame It on the Girls it looked as if someone went to the trouble to do the costumes and a little choreography.

This one - oh man, where do I begin?

I'm confused about the Gypsy-thing he's doing, on the one hand I liked his outfit and how it all looked like a Romany campground. Perhaps the creatures have something to do with magick of some kind, not sure, someone else posted about symbolism and that's fine but since this was a song supposedly taken from a break-up letter, I was expecting it to be a bit more literal.

And yes, I get that Mika wants to be artistic and unique and do the unexpected and it would just be so BORING right to have a song called Rain that had a video with actual rain so lets do fireworks instead?

Sometimes an artist reaches and fails and Mika has done that here. No one should sit there watching a video actually WAITING for it to rain and then NOT have rain. Sometimes to do the expected IS the best artistic statement after all.

Overall I have not been impressed with the last two videos. Blame It on the Girls looked like it was done on the cheap in some empty warehouse in Encino. Rain looks like it was done in a field on the edge of some airstrip or something. Just a wretched location. Ugly, terrible lighting, absurd costumes which you never even get a good look at.

Mika's videos have never been his strong suit but We Are Golden really raised the bar. That is a stunning video that I never get sick of watching because it is electrified and the best part is the eye candy which is Mika himself.

Also I think Rain was a weak pick for a single since it is patently my least favorite song on the record. I don't see it getting a lot of airplay in the US but then none of his songs do, which really bites.

If you think I'm full of crap go ahead and say so just tell me WHY you think the video is good.( or the song for that fact).

To each to their own, everyone's allowed to have their own intake.

Though...I feel robbed that's there's no David Walliams :blink:

It would have been hilarious if he was in one of those outfits and caught Mika and the video would've transformed into a creepy serious comedy routine.

But yeah, maybe they have something else planned...fingers crossed