No ***ing accident: MIKA SINGS HIS HEART OUT EVERY SHOW

Blue Sky

I don't care if some people do not enjoy the concert.

What bothers me is that a guy calls himself a 'music analyst' yet he clearly cannot differentiate a live performance from a recorded one..That is revolting..:sneaky2:

:bow::clap:HURRAH!!! well said. what also annoyed me is that he put a stop to comments abd left only the negative ones that agreed with HIM there for all to see, how VERY up your own ar*se can one untalented uncredible moron get!

Edited by sparkly1

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was baffled by how he would sing the "my oh my" during One foot boy, :roftl:

I don't understand why we ignore this guy, if he knew a shred of what he was talking about he'd be pretty knowledgable to the fact that Mika doesn't lip synch and is an obvious non-lip syncher (he changes the words...doesn't sing certain lines in grace kelly..etc.) :thumb_yello:

Or ****s up verses fairly regularly. :naughty: I love it when he does that, mind you. Also when he ****s up at the start of a song and starts again, so funny. :lmfao:

Hmm, a toupe, you say? Might come in handy later. :naughty:

Naaaah, he's got a lovely thick head of hair.

Oh no you've put images in my head. Oh dear.

Does this guy write for a site or does he just have his own little self indulgent corner of cyberspace?

Really hard stuff to prove. Here are good definitions:

Definition of libel 2: use of print or pictures to harm someone's reputation. Until 1964, a person could prove that they had been libeled simply by showing that the statements in question were incorrect. In 1964, the Supreme Court decided that public officials had to prove that the statements in question were made with "actual malice"-for the purpose of harming the person's reputation. As a result of the Supreme Court case, Time, Inc. v. Firestone (1976); private individuals only have to prove negligence, rather than "actual malice," on the part of the press.

Definition of libel 3: Defamation of an individual or individuals in a published work, with malice aforethought. In litigation, the falsity of the libelous statements or representations, as well the intention of malice, has to be proved for there to be libel. In addition, financial damages to the parties so libeled must be incurred as a result of the material in question for there to be an assessment of the amount of damages to be awarded to a claimant. This is contrasted to slander, which is defamation through the spoken word.

This is ridiculous!

This bald guy is obviously stupid. We all know that.

We all seem to be arguing with eachother over this when what we should be doing is supporting Mika. Here most of us are friends and were are all part of a community. Lets not all fall out because someone is so stupid and can't tell the difference between a live and recorded performance!

Yeah I was baffled by how he would sing the "my oh my" during One foot boy, :roftl:

I don't understand why we ignore this guy, if he knew a shred of what he was talking about he'd be pretty knowledgable to the fact that Mika doesn't lip synch and is an obvious non-lip syncher (he changes the words...doesn't sing certain lines in grace kelly..etc.) :thumb_yello:

not to mention singing new songs so fast we can't make out the words, OH and on Jooles Holland at Xmas.. remember the famous CHICKET? I am sure he didn't lip sync on that tv performance since he doesnt say CHICKET on the cd!! :tongue2:

This is ridiculous!

We all seem to be arguing with eachother over this when what we should be doing is supporting Mika. Here most of us are friends and were are all part of a community. Lets not all fall out because someone is so stupid and can't tell the difference between a live and recorded performance!

I see the opposite here, I think we have all rallied round and are supporting each other in our support for Mika :aah:

Thanks BS for clearing this up. I knew something had happened, but not the extent of it. It doesn't help being in a different time zone.

I am sure that Mika and his management know how to deal with this.

It's great to see Mika's friends and admirers supporting him.

Anyone who has seen Mika live will know that this is the biggest pile of bull**** ever written.

I know I am biaised, but I have also met many people at the gigs I have been to for whom it was their first gig, or they had attended with someone else and weren't a fan themselves, only to leave the theatre raving about Mika and his talent.

This guys's comments are unjustified and uncalled for and probably contravening a law or two.

So easy to criticise. I wonder how good he is at his job? If his comments are anything to go by, pretty bad I'd say.

Ok I am just going to lapse into profanties. What a ****ing no hope ****er this tosser is. If I ever meet him I will ****ing knock him into next week, the ignorant ****er.

I'm not particulary effusive about all things Mika, not my style but I just love him and his music. I didn't think I could feel like I did in 2007 again, but with the new album and gigs I do.

He is just exceptional.

I hope he sues this guy.

Bab, loving your post there, and of course, I totally agree :thumb_yello:

Thanks for this explanation thread!

I have yet to read the whole thing, I didn't come further than page 2 at the moment.

I'm a bit scared that this idiot-blog will come through to the real press, and that they will make a big thing about it. I can already see/ hear people telling me that Mika mimes at his concerts.....And then I have to start defending him. And I sure will!!!

I will be back on this issue for sure.

Yes, that is what bothers me about the incident.And then how the morons who don't know sheit will start jumping on the bandwagon. ****ers :sneaky2:.

great minds think alike Sari

Well, it was just really well timed, wasn't it? And the posting style :lmfao:

A bit like some other incident we had in the distant past...trollie...Ok, I will stop here before I land myself in trouble :teehee:

Yeah, One Foot Boy and Touches You would both have been very tricky to work out. I thought One Foot Boy could have worked well in the way that Happy Ending did earlier on, where they had the 'this is the way you left me' bit twice, so he sang the 'Oh I........' bit on what would have been the first run of that, and then actually sang the 'this is the way you left me' bit on the second run if that makes sense? So for One Foot Boy it would have been the high bit, and then the 'one foot boy, one foot booooy' bit on the repeat.

I'm explaining it in a very roundabout kind of way, but he repeats a lot in his choruses so he can sing both bits but one after the other.

I like it when songs sound radically different live - Any Other World is possibly one of my favourite songs to see live, but I rarely listen to it on CD. It's the piano that does it for me, as opposed to that low, electric piano/organ thing he has on the CD. Just doesn't cut it.

However, having said that, there will be a lot of people who go to see him who expect things to sound the same (and therefore as 'good') as the record, and if he left sections out, they'd probably end up walking away with the opinion that he's a bit rubbish because they know nothing of the practicalities of music.

There's no shame in him using backing tracks, at all. I don't mind. I would probably prefer it without, but it probably helps to fill the venue more, especially if it's a large one. Sometimes a single vocal can sound a bit thin without any backing.

I guess that you have a point there, and I'm probably totally biased because I love his voice so much that I don't think it could ever sound thin, no matter how he sung it.

Does this guy write for a site or does he just have his own little self indulgent corner of cyberspace?

I just had to quote this piece of genius :lmfao:

This is ridiculous!

:blink: Who's arguing against eachother? What did I miss? If anything, this has brought on a sense of unity as Ingie just said, with everyone getting together to support Mika and defend his name against these false claims :boxed:

If anything, this has brought on a sense of unity as Ingie just said, with everyone getting together to support Mika and defend his name against these false claims :boxed:

Yes, I think it has, but allow me to put my moderator hat on a

minute. :wink2:

While I think it's admirable and understandable that we all want to

defend Mika and his integrity, I ALSO think we should take the high

road and stop bashing this writer -- really, the personal attacks on

his appearance and the threats to harm him or even kill him are totally

unnecessary and somewhat appalling. Obviously, I know no one actually

MEANS that they would hurt or kill the guy, but even reading it is

a bit unsettling, and I think it reflects poorly on the MFC.

I'm just saying... you can say you disagree with the guy. WE ALL KNOW

HE'S WRONG, and we certainly won't visit his site again, beefing up his

stats or inflating his opinion of himself in any way. But I really think

we ought to stop short of crossing that really nasty line of wishing

the guy harm, or even making silly, unnecessary threats.

I guess that you have a point there, and I'm probably totally biased because I love his voice so much that I don't think it could ever sound thin, no matter how he sung it.

:blink: Who's arguing against eachother? What did I miss? If anything, this has brought on a sense of unity as Ingie just said, with everyone getting together to support Mika and defend his name against these false claims :boxed:

I feel the same about Mika's voice, it's just beautiful, (it's so pure on the cd verson of TB :wub2:) and also...it was meeee who commented bout the supporting each other n Mika :teehee::roftl:

I can only second that.

I don't think this was the very last verbal attack on Mika. Both, he and his career will survive it. And why give those guys aaalll the attention they don't deserve?

If being accused of miming (again,ridiculous) is the worst thing that ever occured to him, he must have had a pretty happy life so far.

I would have thought he can deal with worse.

And I think he knows better, and so do we.

not to mention singing new songs so fast we can't make out the words, OH and on Jooles Holland at Xmas.. remember the famous CHICKET? I am sure he didn't lip sync on that tv performance since he doesnt say CHICKET on the cd!! :tongue2:

which cd?

(Sorry, ignorant Oldling-fan...:wink2:)

Yes, Deb, you're totally right:thumb_yello:. No threat or nasty comment of that nature is acceptable and we shouldn't stoop down to that level.

Now just to whine a little :naughty:, why do I always get my posts quoted and then feel like a schoolgirl being taken into the principal room to get a telling off? :lmfao:

Knuckles well and truly rapped. :naughty:

But I am stotting mad.

hear hear!

I just had to quote this piece of genius :lmfao:

I think no matter how good a singer you are, you have to have a MASSIVELY powerful and rich voice to be able to fill somewhere massive without it sounding too treble-y. And where Mika goes so high, he loses the bass, which adds to the density of his voice and it could go a bit haywire due to sound/acoustics issues. I think it's probably just a bit of a safety net, in case there are some sound problems, cos you can soundcheck and it can sound brilliant, but when you add a few thousand people the acoustics of the venue change and so does the sound.

I was just wondering whether he works for other people or whether it's just his little hobby he does when he's not selling big issues with his page of music 'reviews' stapled in. Cos if he has a boss, then obviously, it may have been an idea (before all the comments etc kicked off) for someone to have sent an email to said boss and explain how he was actually lying in an article and it could be considered libelus. Then that would have probably gotten it down pretty sharpish.

Still, I don't think anyone should be too concerned about it affecting people's opinions of Mika, the only people who would probably read his articles and appreciate his opinion are probably cursed with a similar brain capacity and inability to see any truth. It really doesn't matter.