dcdeb

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 2.

MEET AND GREET!

This guy was the first to meet and greet Mika, and he also took the longest. :mf_rosetinted:

DSCN1595.jpg

You know, it's one thing to take pics of him when he's on stage, but I feel a bit stalkerish taking photos of him while sitting just a few feet away like this. Am I the only one who feels this way? Oh well, I couldn't resist. What a face.

DSCN1596.jpg

Alrighty, here are the group photos, which I am NOT in. *sigh* In the second one, you'll notice a bit of black sweatshirt next to Christine. Yeah, that's me. I noticed that some other people's faces were covered up, so I'm not alone. Such is the magic of group photos.

DSCN1599.jpg

Mika's so excited.

DSCN1600.jpg

We were told to make a silly face. Mika was the only one listening, apparently.

DSCN1601.jpg

Margsy, I do believe that's you and your friend, right?

DSCN1602.jpg

Sweet Mr. M, signing a few last second autographs before hopping (literally) onto the tour bus.

DSCN1603.jpg

At least he's still smiling!

DSCN1606.jpg

Ok, so right before he got up from the group photo, he asked lilmot if she wanted an autograph. He signed her CD, and I took the opportunity to shove my Dodgy Holiday EP at him. (Politely, of course. LOL!) When he took it from me, he looked at it for a moment, then said, "Oh, wow..." like he'd never seen it before. :roftl: I made the mistake of not taking it out of the plastic cover, so he ended up signing the plastic. :teehee: Oh well, my bad. It's still cool, and I have a good memory of it.

DSCN1716.jpg

Good friends, good show, good times. Thanks for tuning in.

Mika just sent out a newsletter e-mail saying new merchandise was available on his website, and they included the red "we are golden" t-shirt you wanted...

http://mikastore.sandbag.uk.com/Store/DisplayItems-7-0-0.html

I'm glad the merch is for sale online! At the concert, I bought a t shirt (the white one with "the face") and a pack of buttons. I paid for both, but I only grabbed the shirt off the counter, and left the buttons. :sneaky2: Doh! I just consider it a donation to the Mika fund. Not that he needs any more of my money, but whatever.

Thanks soooo much Demango. My friend and I were in the pink and yellow shirts and HE WAS SOOOOO NICE. That was the first time that we ever met him and it was sooo memorable! What a night! I'm still in a statae of euphoria!

I love this picture because I can almost see my face in the distance. The woman in the red shirt is my friend and that's my face poking out between her chin and her shirt. I cannot get over how my nose and my chin stick out in a way that makes me look like a crescent moon.

Thank you so much for all of the pictures. They brought back so many memories! The actual events are hazy because all I really remember are his eyes. Every single time he was in the center of the stage, my eyes were locked on his. I seriously had the most perfect line of sight in the entire building. :wub2:

I knew I saw you in there, RT! I'm happy that I was able to get you into one of my photos. Especially since you were having such a good time. :biggrin2:

EEEEE!!! YAY!

And OMG the horror movie elevator! Did you get the picture from the elevator? It's awesome! It reminded me of every bit of fun we had. You are awesome and it was a total pleasure to meet and hang out with you. SO MUCH FUN! :wub2:

You too! I had so much fun, and I'm so glad to have met you. Now I have 2 MFC buddies!!

Here are my videos from the concert! Video was not allowed at the concert (a security guard even chastised me once), so that meant I had to be sneaky. :naughty: I covered up the back of my camera, so that security wouldn't notice the light. I couldn't always see what I was filming, which meant Mika wasn't always in the shot. Sorry!

Here's part 1 of the Intro. It includes the band's entrance on stage, and the beginning of Ian McKellan's TV announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UCantHavaDaMango#p/u/3/OTUJQGFfILQ

I stopped filming for a second, because I thought security had spotted me again. When the coast was clear, I got the second half of the intro. Rockets, explosions, and topless Mika, ahoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/UCantHavaDaMango#p/u/2/10dXWXqvy8g

Stuck in the Middle!!! My favorite! Love the "trumpet solo." Hee hee...

http://www.youtube.com/user/UCantHavaDaMango#p/u/1/-rcz-JPBL_M

Here's most of the gorgeous Pick Up Off the Floor. I just missed the first few bars, but the rest is lovely. :wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/user/UCantHavaDaMango#p/u/0/Ptq0viZtYlE

Blame it On the Girls.

Rain. Love the jacket!!

Mika tries to make a tea kettle dance. Not sure why.

Oh boy, this is my favorite video of the night! This was almost the end of the show, and you could tell Mika was in pain. He was dancing like crazy on his injured ankle, and he had even hurt his other knee. He couldn't seem to get into the beginning of Love Today, so he took a second to reach out to the audience. Part comedian, part motivational speaker, Mika asks, "What's your problem?" :roftl:

http://www.youtube.com/user/UCantHavaDaMango#p/u/4/Fe3C9mrSw-E

Grace Kelly, it's a classic.

I feel kind of bad posting this, but I was in awe of Mika's neon crutches. Seriously, most fabulous crutches ever. This is just a tiny clip, so I shouldn't feel too bad, right?

Haunting and beautiful, here's Toy Boy.

Here's the tiniest clip of Lollipop, but it captures the spirit of the finale. Balloons, hooray!

Enjoy!

Edited by DaMango

Here are my videos from the concert! Video was not allowed at the concert (a security guard even chastised me once), so that meant I had to be sneaky. :naughty: I covered up the back of my camera, so that security wouldn't notice the light. I couldn't always see what I was filming, which meant Mika wasn't always in the shot. Sorry!

Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing. Awesome to watch it all over again. It was like I was there again.

You didn't happen to get just the tiniest bit of "Big Girl" did ya??? Hoping....hoping...

:wink2:

You guys are totally welcome. :biggrin2: I sort of took it upon myself to be the Seattle concert "videographer". (Although, if anyone else has videos, please share.) I wish I could have gotten more, but like I said, I was constantly on the lookout for security. Not to mention, there were a few times when I just wanted to put down the camera, and enjoy the performance.

Wildsong, I hate to disappoint you, but all I have of Big Girl is a 20 second, very blurry clip. My camera chose that exact moment to stop focusing correctly. :thumbdown: I was so mad! I quickly switched out of video mode, and tried to take pics, but they didn't turn out well either. The only images I got were of the girls on my side of the stage, the ones in orange and yellow I do believe. The video does show a microsecond of you in your pink corset, but it's so blurry, I'd hate to disappoint you with it. If you still want to see it, I'll upload it for you.

Edited by DaMango

Here's a snippet of Love Today. It came out pretty good. I always forget to try recording and then get home and kick myself. It's the only video I got and I think it was on video mode by accident! LOL

God these boring people! :aah:

It took them over an hour to work up to this level of enthusiasm. :naughty:

DSCN1599.jpg

Mika's so excited.

DSCN1600.jpg

We were told to make a silly face. Mika was the only one listening, apparently.

DSCN1601.jpg

Lovely pics!! It feels like they're taken at the last day at school or something :wub2: And the last one is totally hilarious :roftl:

BTW, it was nice to see you from a distance even though I didn't really get a chance to say hi!

I did say hi to you. Maybe you were in a Mika-induced daze? :wink2:

I also saw you rush off after Mika thanked you for the book. I thought maybe that was due to being starstruck but I read your explanation which makes more sense. :roftl:

I'm glad you got a chance to speak to him. The pic is great! Fortunately you got that pass because of the Big Girl thing because MFC had individual time with Mika in Oakland which is why we were only allowed a group shot in Seattle. In fact I'm amazed we had a meet and greet at all after Mika injured his foot. Mika and his team were really good to us. :wub2:

I couldn't remember if I'd actually gotten to say hi because there was such a flurry of activity. When I used to hang out with large groups of people every week, I had no problem remembering everybody, but I'm so out of practice that Mika is lucky I remember him :wink2:

You can imagine how crazy it is in London when there are 100+ MFCers there! :freak:

It's a bit easier when it's general admission because you have all day to see people.

Did he look sad?

Well I can't really say. I wasn't watching closely because DaMango was cracking some hilarious jokes and I generally try not to spy/eavesdrop too much on Mika's interaction with other fans because I think it's rude.

I just noticed at the end when you were walking away and heard him say thank you.

I wouldn't worry too much about what he thought because you were far more slick than Andrew the night before. He shook Mika's hand, said hi, and walked straight off. Mika looked after him, probably expecting Andrew to stop or come back or something and when he didn't Mika said "Uh, bye!" :blink:

It was hilarious. :lmfao:

Here's part 1 of the Intro. It includes the band's entrance on stage, and the beginning of Ian McKellan's TV announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UCantHavaDaMango#p/u/3/OTUJQGFfILQ

I stopped filming for a second, because I thought security had spotted me again. When the coast was clear, I got the second half of the intro. Rockets, explosions, and topless Mika, ahoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/UCantHavaDaMango#p/u/2/10dXWXqvy8g

Stuck in the Middle!!! My favorite! Love the "trumpet solo." Hee hee...

http://www.youtube.com/user/UCantHavaDaMango#p/u/1/-rcz-JPBL_M

Here's most of the gorgeous Pick Up Off the Floor. I just missed the first few bars, but the rest is lovely. :wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/user/UCantHavaDaMango#p/u/0/Ptq0viZtYlE

Blame it On the Girls.

Rain. Love the jacket!!

Mika tries to make a tea kettle dance. Not sure why.

Oh boy, this is my favorite video of the night! This was almost the end of the show, and you could tell Mika was in pain. He was dancing like crazy on his injured ankle, and he had even hurt his other knee. He couldn't seem to get into the beginning of Love Today, so he took a second to reach out to the audience. Part comedian, part motivational speaker, Mika asks, "What's your problem?" :roftl:

http://www.youtube.com/user/UCantHavaDaMango#p/u/4/Fe3C9mrSw-E

Grace Kelly, it's a classic.

I feel kind of bad posting this, but I was in awe of Mika's neon crutches. Seriously, most fabulous crutches ever. This is just a tiny clip, so I shouldn't feel too bad, right?

Haunting and beautiful, here's Toy Boy.

Here's the tiniest clip of Lollipop, but it captures the spirit of the finale. Balloons, hooray!

Enjoy!

thank you :flowers2:

the "whats your problem" one is hilarious :roftl:

Edited by Louiza