REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA in Seattle the Moore 26-10-2009

dcdeb

Fantastic reports!!! Thanks everyone, I love reading other people's experiences. Da Mango, Lilmot, Wildsong, so pleased for you all :wub2:

I was really angry when I read the front row fiasco, so I'm glad that it didn't totally ruin things for you guys. I can imagine how mad I would have been in that situation, and to be honest I don't know if I would have managed to forget it all and enjoy myself too much, so I admire that you could do so.

It sounds like it was a memorable night!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know, here's how a little recent exchange w/@stgpresents went--

ACLAYsuper

@stgpresents PLEASE & thank you.

from web in reply to stgpresents

@ACLAYsuper

we are tightening our processes to mitigate the effect on fans next time.

We are truly sorry!

from web in reply to ACLAYsuper

@ACLAYsuper

The artist might need speaker boxes on the floor,

or they might need fans in seats...

@ACLAYsuper

Unfortunately sometimes the production needs of the show

are not known before the public onsale...

@stgpresents

NOT NICE wot U did: U NO WOT I MEAN!

in reply to stgpresents

ACLAYsuper

MIKA set times for tonight at The Moore:

Gary Go on at 7:30pm;

MIKA on at 8:30. Have fun :)

from web

Others who registered "displeasure" received similar responses.

Edited by A. Clay

Just so you know, here's how a little recent exchange w/@stgpresents went--

ACLAYsuper

@stgpresents PLEASE & thank you.

from web in reply to stgpresents

@ACLAYsuper

we are tightening our processes to mitigate the effect on fans next time.

We are truly sorry!

@ACLAYsuper

The artist might need speaker boxes on the floor,

or they might need fans in seats...

@ACLAYsuper

Unfortunately sometimes the production needs of the show

are not known before the public onsale...

@stgpresents

NOT NICE wot U did: U NO WOT I MEAN!

in reply to stgpresents

ACLAYsuper

MIKA set times for tonight at The Moore:

Gary Go on at 7:30pm;

MIKA on at 8:30. Have fun :)

from web

Others who registered "displeasure" received similar responses.

They must have "copied" and "pasted" their responses to us.

I got the same ones. :naughty:

WOW! What an amazing night! I'm a little late with this post but I keep randomly falling asleep all day lol. I was hanging out with WildSong and RiversTwilight all day, as well as our friend Todd. We got to the venue around 1, and then just kind of bummed around town, got dinner etc.

I'm so excited WildSong got to be a Big Girl!! What a dream come true! And us getting backstage passes was pretty awesome as well :) Mika was so sweet, and said he loved my golden hair. (I spray painted about a metric ton of gold glitter all over it...that'll be fun to wash out) and took a pic with me. I shook his hand and he's so gentle!

It took me a few minutes to try and forget about the seating debacle (SO LAME!!!!) but I didn't let it ruin my night. One of the best times I have ever had. EVER. Thank you Mika for being so freakin awesome.

Board hates me right now, so here's a link to my MySpace, my pic is my main pic of course!

http://www.myspace.com/arachnidkid

Believe it or not, my friend and I are back home in Montana after driving for 14 hours after the concert. (We both have to work tomorrow!) But we were so wired and happy and excited and joyful that the miles just flew by. We spent most of the ride home listening to Mika's music over and over and singing along (with what little voice I had left!) and talking about the great time we had in Seattle. It was really nice to get to meet a few of the other MFCers and I know we will meet up again soon!

I couldn't help but notice how gracious Mika was to his fans after the concert. He had just finished giving us the greatest gift imaginable and on one foot, no less. You could see he was hurting....he looked tired...but yet he kept on giving. He could have pushed past everyone and hopped on the bus without looking back and who would have blamed him. Heck, most other artists would have simply cancelled the concert if they had one foot in a brace. But not our Mika. Even though he needed to get on the bus and he was obviously having discomfort, he still treated his fans with kindness and gentleness.

I am off to wash glitter out of my hair...yes, we drove all the way home with our glitter on! And then off to bed! :sleep_1:

Believe it or not, my friend and I are back home in Montana after driving for 14 hours after the concert. (We both have to work tomorrow!) But we were so wired and happy and excited and joyful that the miles just flew by. We spent most of the ride home listening to Mika's music over and over and singing along (with what little voice I had left!) and talking about the great time we had in Seattle. It was really nice to get to meet a few of the other MFCers and I know we will meet up again soon!

I couldn't help but notice how gracious Mika was to his fans after the concert. He had just finished giving us the greatest gift imaginable and on one foot, no less. You could see he was hurting....he looked tired...but yet he kept on giving. He could have pushed past everyone and hopped on the bus without looking back and who would have blamed him. Heck, most other artists would have simply cancelled the concert if they had one foot in a brace. But not our Mika. Even though he needed to get on the bus and he was obviously having discomfort, he still treated his fans with kindness and gentleness.

I am off to wash glitter out of my hair...yes, we drove all the way home with our glitter on! And then off to bed! :sleep_1:

That sounds like our Mika. Awww Mika, he's so sweet.:naughty::wub2:

Glad you had an amazing time!:biggrin2:

Here I am! Well, first off it was amazing! There wasn't a point during the concert where I was bored. Gary Go was pretty neat and I liked how he used his iPhone during one of the songs but I couldn't really focus on his music because I was just so anxious for Mika but from what I heard, it sounded good.

Now for Mika, oh dear, he was just so, so amazing! I really liked how they started the show with the band watching the T.V. and I liked the smoke that came out right before Mika came out in is space suit. Anyways, when Mika came out I was just amazed. I couldn't believe I was acyually there watching him in real life. It felt so surreal and crazy! I was in the second row up at the top right in the middle of the room but it felt pretty close to the stage and I was able to see everything very well.

Being the forgetful person that I am, I don't remember the first song they played but nevertheless I clapped and danced and sang along. I felt a bit awkward because I was the only one standing in my row. The two guys to my left just kind of sat there and my mom didn't know what to do so she half stood and half sat for most of the concert. Speaking of my mom, she really enjoyed the concert and she was amazed at his voice. She also thought Cherisse was awesome and she thought the back-up singer whose name I can't recall at the moment was adorable. She loved her dress and the way she danced.

I don't have a song I really liked more than others because they were all just so great but I liked his performance for One Foot Boy, Rain, BIOTG, and Grace Kelly. He was just so energetic but I was worried about his leg and I could tell he was hurting but being the amazing performer that he is, I thought he did fantastic. Even with an injury. I was very pleased because I got some pretty good photos and videos. I'll try to upload them but I can't find the cord that connects to the computer so I may not be able to.

All in all, I had a fantastic time and I would also like to say that the bathroom at the Moore theater was very pretty and clean. Sorry, I just had to say that.:aah:

Oh, one more thing. I noticed once I got home that the group of people I was standing behind for a while was Wildsong, riverstwilight, and their friends. Sorry I didn't say hi. I would have but my head was far up in the clouds to realize it was you guys. I don't know if you guys saw me but I was the girl in the greenish black jeans, an off white sweat shirt and a grey,pink, blue, and brown knit hat.

Kiwi, wish I had known it was you, you should have said something!

Anyone that had a camera...I'm still seeking any and all pictures or video of Big girl...Please! Ask your friends and friends of friends!!!! The only one I can find on You tube has my end of the stage cut out!!!!!!

Aww Rivers! Your pic came out great! It was great spending the day with you. Funny how the "strangerness" completely goes away and you forget that you really just met someone.

I didn't realize you were in pain, I would have gladly let you go rest in my car.

I have a pic of you and the pass, it came out really good. Would you like me to post it? If not, PM me and I can get your email to send it to you.

Edited by wildsong

My Mika day started at 12:30p, when I caught a cab to the Moore in order to meet up with wildsong, arachnikid, and their friend. I was taking pictures of buildings when their friend showed up. He stood in one spot in front of the theatre while I paced around because I couldn't decide what to do with myself. When I finally stood still for more than 3 seconds, he asked if I had a cellphone he could borrow and we discovered that we were waiting for the same people.

We chatted and got up to harmless shenanigans until wildsong and arachnikid showed up. We wandered down to Pike Place Market and had a snack before wandering up to the Westin and having dinner at a nice restaurant in the mall. I think it was a mall, it was full of stores and escalators. The food was good, the waiter was sweet, and the company was unbeatable.

I have never had so much fun with people I've just met for the first time. We wandered back to the Moore in time to stand around in the alley listening to the soundcheck. At some point PandoraZ and her friend showed up. We were all standing around near the stage door when a guy with a modified water cooler jug walked up and serenaded us with a rather amazing little song. He made that old jug sound like a real drum and his voice was clear and strong. He also treated us to a poem.

At some point, we finally wandered to the front of the theatre to wait for the show. By that time, my knees and my back were hurting so badly that I was choking back tears and desperately trying not to succumb to the temptation to sit on the filthy pavement because I knew I wouldn't be able to get back up if I did.

When one of Mika's people came around asking a couple of girls to be Big Girls, I got asked and didn't hesitate to say yes. She went away for awhile and came back to let me know that I couldn't be a Big Girl afterall. She offered me a backstage pass to soothe my disappointment. As soon as I had it in my hand, all awarness of pain vanished. I believe that's the point in the evening where I went completely non-verbal. At least two people have pictures of me holding that pass. (If those people could hook me up with those pictures, I would be eternally grateful :wub2: )

My friend showed up a few minutes after the doors opened. I got her in with my spare ticket without any problem, even though I'd already gotten in and been standing around awhile. I'm kind of bummed that I didn't get a chance to buy any merchandise, but that's my only regret besides completely forgetting to ask him to sign my copy of the EP.

I met an MFCer whose name I kept half-hearing, but not quite getting. I'm sorry I didn't have more words and time for you. Please say hi, so I can get your name. You are lovely and I wish I'd had more time for you :wub2:

Gary Go was a lot of fun, but I merely sat quietly transfixed, as I tend to do when I'm watching a play or attending a symphony. That's kind of how I expected to be while Mika was on. I was terrified that I was going to be the person sucking the energy out of the room because I just don't know how to lose myself in a moment.

Well, I didn't lose myself in the moment.

When Mika came on, I found myself in the moment. I saw his eyes and there was nothing else in the world but the energy he was giving and the energy I was giving back. And I gave it all. I never had any clue that I had anything like that to give.

I screamed. I cheered. I bounced. I sang so loudly, I heard myself over the din of the crowd around me and then I sang just a little louder just because I could.

I felt the pain in my knees and back, but couldn't stop giving my all. I missed everything that happened on stage during Toy Boy because my knees buckled and I fell back into my chair. I couldn't get my knees to work again until the song was over. I stood up just in time to catch a glimpse of a puppet.

When it was all over, I didn't have any words. People kept asking me how it was and it was all I could do to give whatever response I gave. I have no idea what that was. I was completely empty and full at the same time. I still can't explain the state I was in because it was completely foreign to me and entirely the very best thing I have ever experienced in my entire life.

And that's the state I was in when I met Mika. It was all I could do to hand him my little book and say, "I wrote this for you." I wanted to ask if he was ok. I wanted to show concern because I was concerned. I wanted to say thank you for a million things, but especially for giving us that show with a sprained ankle. I wanted to ask him to sign my EP. I'm just happy that I could hand him my book and stand still long enough for a picture before scampering away like a frightened bunny.

No sooner had the picture been snapped than I was rushing away and shouting, "You're welcome," over my shoulder because he was still thanking me for the book. I literally tripped over a chair as I was scampering.

I wasn't frightened. I've honestly never been more comfortable with somebody. He's the kind of person I could talk to all night. I just wanted so badly for him to be able to rest that I didn't want to take any more time than necessary. I hate it when people I care about are in pain and he'd already given so much.

My picture is classic me. He's got that amazing smile on his face and I've got this look like a frightened bunny because my purse was hanging down on my left side and I had tried to move it so that it wouldn't dig into his hip, but the strap was stuck to the sweat on my neck, so when I moved it out of the way, I had yanked my head into an awkward position and was pressed up against him and that's the moment the picture was snapped. Not the prettiest look I've ever had on my face, but that smile of his couldn't be more perfect. :wub2:

I am such a spaz. :blush-anim-cl:

Spaz or not, it changed my life. I discovered some stuff about myself that I didn't know, the kind of stuff that makes all the difference. I haven't been able to find the words for it, but the closest I've been able to get is that it's likely I found out what can happen when I pour everything I have into something without reserve or self-consciousness or apology. It's amazing.

And I'm still a spaz. But that isn't a terrible thing because I tend to be a spaz when I'm thinking of the other person rather than because of self-consciousness.

I am completely spent now. I didn't sleep last night because of the pain in my back and knees and the ringing in my ears. I have been riding a cloud of endorphins all day. I'm starting to come down off of that and feel like I could sleep for a good long while. Still, I am deeply happy in ways I didn't know existed. My jacket smells like clean boy. :wub2:

P.S. I didn't get to be part of the MFC group shot because I had to pee like nobody's business and my ride needed to get me to my hotel so that they could get home to far distant places in time for work in the morning.

And I shouted "THANK YOU, MIKA!" when we passed him signing stuff for the crowd outside the theatre. I was assured that there is no way he heard me over the roar of the bus engine, but I shouted loudly enough for it to echo off of the wall of the building across the street, so maybe he did. I mentioned that I'm a spaz, right? :naughty:

MIKAandUNA.jpg

Awwwww, Rivers, i enjoyed so much reading your report...:wub2:

Not a spaz, you are genuine...:thumb_yello:

Pic's great, Mika couldn't look better....

:huglove:

My Mika day started at 12:30p, when I caught a cab to the Moore in order to meet up with wildsong, arachnikid, and their friend. I was taking pictures of buildings when their friend showed up. He stood in one spot in front of the theatre while I paced around because I couldn't decide what to do with myself. When I finally stood still for more than 3 seconds, he asked if I had a cellphone he could borrow and we discovered that we were waiting for the same people.

We chatted and got up to harmless shenanigans until wildsong and arachnikid showed up. We wandered down to Pike Place Market and had a snack before wandering up to the Westin and having dinner at a nice restaurant in the mall. I think it was a mall, it was full of stores and escalators. The food was good, the waiter was sweet, and the company was unbeatable.

I have never had so much fun with people I've just met for the first time. We wandered back to the Moore in time to stand around in the alley listening to the soundcheck. At some point PandoraZ and her friend showed up. We were all standing around near the stage door when a guy with a modified water cooler jug walked up and serenaded us with a rather amazing little song. He made that old jug sound like a real drum and his voice was clear and strong. He also treated us to a poem.

At some point, we finally wandered to the front of the theatre to wait for the show. By that time, my knees and my back were hurting so badly that I was choking back tears and desperately trying not to succumb to the temptation to sit on the filthy pavement because I knew I wouldn't be able to get back up if I did.

When one of Mika's people came around asking a couple of girls to be Big Girls, I got asked and didn't hesitate to say yes. She went away for awhile and came back to let me know that I couldn't be a Big Girl afterall. She offered me a backstage pass to soothe my disappointment. As soon as I had it in my hand, all awarness of pain vanished. I believe that's the point in the evening where I went completely non-verbal. At least two people have pictures of me holding that pass. (If those people could hook me up with those pictures, I would be eternally grateful :wub2: )

My friend showed up a few minutes after the doors opened. I got her in with my spare ticket without any problem, even though I'd already gotten in and been standing around awhile. I'm kind of bummed that I didn't get a chance to buy any merchandise, but that's my only regret besides completely forgetting to ask him to sign my copy of the EP.

I met an MFCer whose name I kept half-hearing, but not quite getting. I'm sorry I didn't have more words and time for you. Please say hi, so I can get your name. You are lovely and I wish I'd had more time for you :wub2:

Gary Go was a lot of fun, but I merely sat quietly transfixed, as I tend to do when I'm watching a play or attending a symphony. That's kind of how I expected to be while Mika was on. I was terrified that I was going to be the person sucking the energy out of the room because I just don't know how to lose myself in a moment.

Well, I didn't lose myself in the moment.

When Mika came on, I found myself in the moment. I saw his eyes and there was nothing else in the world but the energy he was giving and the energy I was giving back. And I gave it all. I never had any clue that I had anything like that to give.

I screamed. I cheered. I bounced. I sang so loudly, I heard myself over the din of the crowd around me and then I sang just a little louder just because I could.

I felt the pain in my knees and back, but couldn't stop giving my all. I missed everything that happened on stage during Toy Boy because my knees buckled and I fell back into my chair. I couldn't get my knees to work again until the song was over. I stood up just in time to catch a glimpse of a puppet.

When it was all over, I didn't have any words. People kept asking me how it was and it was all I could do to give whatever response I gave. I have no idea what that was. I was completely empty and full at the same time. I still can't explain the state I was in because it was completely foreign to me and entirely the very best thing I have ever experienced in my entire life.

And that's the state I was in when I met Mika. It was all I could do to hand him my little book and say, "I wrote this for you." I wanted to ask if he was ok. I wanted to show concern because I was concerned. I wanted to say thank you for a million things, but especially for giving us that show with a sprained ankle. I wanted to ask him to sign my EP. I'm just happy that I could hand him my book and stand still long enough for a picture before scampering away like a frightened bunny.

No sooner had the picture been snapped than I was rushing away and shouting, "You're welcome," over my shoulder because he was still thanking me for the book. I literally tripped over a chair as I was scampering.

I wasn't frightened. I've honestly never been more comfortable with somebody. He's the kind of person I could talk to all night. I just wanted so badly for him to be able to rest that I didn't want to take any more time than necessary. I hate it when people I care about are in pain and he'd already given so much.

My picture is classic me. He's got that amazing smile on his face and I've got this look like a frightened bunny because my purse was hanging down on my left side and I had tried to move it so that it wouldn't dig into his hip, but the strap was stuck to the sweat on my neck, so when I moved it out of the way, I had yanked my head into an awkward position and was pressed up against him and that's the moment the picture was snapped. Not the prettiest look I've ever had on my face, but that smile of his couldn't be more perfect. :wub2:

I am such a spaz. :blush-anim-cl:

Spaz or not, it changed my life. I discovered some stuff about myself that I didn't know, the kind of stuff that makes all the difference. I haven't been able to find the words for it, but the closest I've been able to get is that it's likely I found out what can happen when I pour everything I have into something without reserve or self-consciousness or apology. It's amazing.

And I'm still a spaz. But that isn't a terrible thing because I tend to be a spaz when I'm thinking of the other person rather than because of self-consciousness.

I am completely spent now. I didn't sleep last night because of the pain in my back and knees and the ringing in my ears. I have been riding a cloud of endorphins all day. I'm starting to come down off of that and feel like I could sleep for a good long while. Still, I am deeply happy in ways I didn't know existed. My jacket smells like clean boy. :wub2:

P.S. I didn't get to be part of the MFC group shot because I had to pee like nobody's business and my ride needed to get me to my hotel so that they could get home to far distant places in time for work in the morning.

And I shouted "THANK YOU, MIKA!" when we passed him signing stuff for the crowd outside the theatre. I was assured that there is no way he heard me over the roar of the bus engine, but I shouted loudly enough for it to echo off of the wall of the building across the street, so maybe he did. I mentioned that I'm a spaz, right? :naughty:

MIKAandUNA.jpg

:wub2: I've been waiting to read this .... and you haven't disappointed ... glad you had such an amazing night ... :huglove:

Anyways, when Mika came out I was just amazed. I couldn't believe I was acyually there watching him in real life.

It was the same for me, I was asking myself "Am I really here ? Or am I dreaming ? :naughty:

I felt a bit awkward because I was the only one standing in my row.

It happened to me too in Paris but I didn't care, I was the last on the row and there was nobody behind me so I kept on standing

Thanks for the report Kiwipop15, we can feel you've enjoyed it a lot :thumb_yello:

Hope you'll have another chance to see MIKA !

Rivers.................we have been desperate to read your report and as Laurel said, it certainly DOESN'T disappoint.

It is a lovely report.....and it is a lovely picture. I am sure that you will treasure it always.

I am so pleased that you got to give your book to Mika.

All in all it sounds like you had an amazing experience....I couldn't be happier for you:wub2:

Here I am! Well, first off it was amazing! There wasn't a point during the concert where I was bored. Gary Go was pretty neat and I liked how he used his iPhone during one of the songs but I couldn't really focus on his music because I was just so anxious for Mika but from what I heard, it sounded good.

Now for Mika, oh dear, he was just so, so amazing! I really liked how they started the show with the band watching the T.V. and I liked the smoke that came out right before Mika came out in is space suit. Anyways, when Mika came out I was just amazed. I couldn't believe I was acyually there watching him in real life. It felt so surreal and crazy! I was in the second row up at the top right in the middle of the room but it felt pretty close to the stage and I was able to see everything very well.

Being the forgetful person that I am, I don't remember the first song they played but nevertheless I clapped and danced and sang along. I felt a bit awkward because I was the only one standing in my row. The two guys to my left just kind of sat there and my mom didn't know what to do so she half stood and half sat for most of the concert. Speaking of my mom, she really enjoyed the concert and she was amazed at his voice. She also thought Cherisse was awesome and she thought the back-up singer whose name I can't recall at the moment was adorable. She loved her dress and the way she danced.

I don't have a song I really liked more than others because they were all just so great but I liked his performance for One Foot Boy, Rain, BIOTG, and Grace Kelly. He was just so energetic but I was worried about his leg and I could tell he was hurting but being the amazing performer that he is, I thought he did fantastic. Even with an injury. I was very pleased because I got some pretty good photos and videos. I'll try to upload them but I can't find the cord that connects to the computer so I may not be able to.

All in all, I had a fantastic time and I would also like to say that the bathroom at the Moore theater was very pretty and clean. Sorry, I just had to say that.:aah:

Oh, one more thing. I noticed once I got home that the group of people I was standing behind for a while was Wildsong, riverstwilight, and their friends. Sorry I didn't say hi. I would have but my head was far up in the clouds to realize it was you guys. I don't know if you guys saw me but I was the girl in the greenish black jeans, an off white sweat shirt and a grey,pink, blue, and brown knit hat.

Thank you for your report too Kiwi......sounds like you had a great time too!

Now that I'm not half asleep and struggling for words, I need to add a few things I forgot to put in my report.

I was "front row" center. I mean dead CENTER. The theatre did add three rows in front of me, but I didn't even care because my line of sight was PERFECT: any closer and I would have had to crane my neck up to see anything and would have been in even more pain (holy CRAP my knees HURT right now,) any farther away and it wouldn't have felt like I was the only person in the room when I saw his eyes.

I don't know if he saw me, but every time he was standing in the center of the stage, it felt like he was looking right at me and I was looking right into his eyes every single time, except that one time when I was near tears during Happy Ending. I could feel my chin quivering like I was going to lose it, but I was singing, so there were no tears, but WOW. My chin quivered even harder during I See You and I would have lost it if he'd looked out at us for even a second. I didn't have to use my handkerchief for tears, but I was so glad I had it to pat the sweat off of my forehead before it ran into my eyes.

I was wearing my camisole and my red flowered skirt, like in my video, and I was sweating like nobody's business from the heat and the bouncing. I didn't have a thought for how I looked. I have a feeling that if Mika DID see me, all he saw was love and energy and more fun than most people will ever have. It didn't even cross my mind to wonder if he saw anything unattractive. But then, I didn't really wonder that about anybody during my time in Seattle and discovered that I am shameless in my affection for people when they are kind to me. Poor Mika is the only one who had any reason to wonder with the way I scampered off, but I think the gift made my feelings clear despite my spaz attack :blush-anim-cl:

Mika's people are as lovely as he is. His mom is as pretty as he is (and OMG he is SO PRETTY!!!) I am so glad that I was there when wildsong ran into her. I don't think I said a single word the entire time, but I was glad to listen to them talk. Allison, who gave me the pass and took the picture was kind and lovely and also organized and firm without being mean. His backup singer came out and chatted with the fan club (and I was too far into my daze to even say hi to her, but I did notice her.)

The show was amazing. Mika had me the moment he walked out on stage in that space suit. He knew the energy he wanted to create and he put that energy into every bit of his body language and owned that theatre...or at least owned me. Once I felt it there was nothing else in the world I could do but give it back along with every last thing golden thing I have to give....and holy kittens do I ever have so much more to give than I ever conceived.

If I had a playlist, I could go through every song and write a report on each one, but I think I've already written so much. He was just amazing. He was giving his all with a sprained ankle and there was no way I was letting screaming knees and a throbbing back stop me from doing the same. I had no choice during Toy Boy, but I still made my knees last just a little bit longer after that because he got up on that foot again and I'm the kind of person who goes through things with people.

When arachnikid took off her jacket for a picture in front of the theatre, I took off mine too because I wasn't going to let her be cold alone. I wasn't going to let Mika be up on an aching limb and giving his all without being up on my aching limbs and giving my all too. Not that even thought about it. He just had me and I just did it.

I've had many exchanges with the Goldlings about how concerned I was that I wouldn't have anything to give if I made it to a gig. I was afraid I'd have to sit because of my knees, afraid that I wouldn't be able to give as much energy as I would want to because I'm so reserved, afraid of a million things that I didn't even have to think of because Mika is made of magic and nothing else in the world existed but that magic while he was on stage.

:woot_jump: thanks RT - eloquent as ever :thumb_yello:

Now that I'm not half asleep and struggling for words, I need to add a few things I forgot to put in my report.

I was "front row" center. I mean dead CENTER. The theatre did add three rows in front of me, but I didn't even care because my line of sight was PERFECT: any closer and I would have had to crane my neck up to see anything and would have been in even more pain (holy CRAP my knees HURT right now,) any farther away and it wouldn't have felt like I was the only person in the room when I saw his eyes.

I don't know if he saw me, but every time he was standing in the center of the stage, it felt like he was looking right at me and I was looking right into his eyes every single time, except that one time when I was near tears during Happy Ending. I could feel my chin quivering like I was going to lose it, but I was singing, so there were no tears, but WOW. My chin quivered even harder during I See You and I would have lost it if he'd looked out at us for even a second. I didn't have to use my handkerchief for tears, but I was so glad I had it to pat the sweat off of my forehead before it ran into my eyes.

I was wearing my camisole and my red flowered skirt, like in my video, and I was sweating like nobody's business from the heat and the bouncing. I didn't have a thought for how I looked. I have a feeling that if Mika DID see me, all he saw was love and energy and more fun than most people will ever have. It didn't even cross my mind to wonder if he saw anything unattractive. But then, I didn't really wonder that about anybody during my time in Seattle and discovered that I am shameless in my affection for people when they are kind to me. Poor Mika is the only one who had any reason to wonder with the way I scampered off, but I think the gift made my feelings clear despite my spaz attack :blush-anim-cl:

Mika's people are as lovely as he is. His mom is as pretty as he is (and OMG he is SO PRETTY!!!) I am so glad that I was there when wildsong ran into her. I don't think I said a single word the entire time, but I was glad to listen to them talk. Allison, who gave me the pass and took the picture was kind and lovely and also organized and firm without being mean. His backup singer came out and chatted with the fan club (and I was too far into my daze to even say hi to her, but I did notice her.)

The show was amazing. Mika had me the moment he walked out on stage in that space suit. He knew the energy he wanted to create and he put that energy into every bit of his body language and owned that theatre...or at least owned me. Once I felt it there was nothing else in the world I could do but give it back along with every last thing golden thing I have to give....and holy kittens do I ever have so much more to give than I ever conceived.

If I had a playlist, I could go through every song and write a report on each one, but I think I've already written so much. He was just amazing. He was giving his all with a sprained ankle and there was no way I was letting screaming knees and a throbbing back stop me from doing the same. I had no choice during Toy Boy, but I still made my knees last just a little bit longer after that because he got up on that foot again and I'm the kind of person who goes through things with people.

When arachnikid took off her jacket for a picture in front of the theatre, I took off mine too because I wasn't going to let her be cold alone. I wasn't going to let Mika be up on an aching limb and giving his all without being up on my aching limbs and giving my all too. Not that even thought about it. He just had me and I just did it.

I've had many exchanges with the Goldlings about how concerned I was that I wouldn't have anything to give if I made it to a gig. I was afraid I'd have to sit because of my knees, afraid that I wouldn't be able to give as much energy as I would want to because I'm so reserved, afraid of a million things that I didn't even have to think of because Mika is made of magic and nothing else in the world existed but that magic while he was on stage.

Rivers, your posts are so inspiring to read.

I'm really happy that you got your moment with Mika, although it probably left him a little bewildered, when you ran away. But I'm sure next time, it'll be fine:thumb_yello:

It sounds like you had SUCH an amazing time Rivers. You obviously REALLY enjoyed the concert....it is actually almost impossible to describe how it feels to hear Mika sing live for the first time isn't it....although you certainly do an excellent job.

Truly the best night of my life...except for the part where I ran away :blush-anim-cl:

I think you did very well for your first time. You didn't know if you were going to be able to manage it at all..................and you did...............and you have a pic to prove it:thumb_yello: