Mika at the France 2 - 13h Television News - Nov 4 2009

French Deb

yeah well, i didnt understand every single word, but more than enough to understand what they meant so :thumb_yello:

I'm sure your French would be way better than mine if you're in Belgium. The Brits, you will know, are particularly bad at languages!

Mika is my inspiration....

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure your French would be way better than mine if you're in Belgium. The Brits, you will know, are particularly bad at languages!

Mika is my inspiration....

yeah well, mine is not bad, but compared to my english...

not that my english is perfect but still

after almost 8years of french education it should be way better

oh well, at least i try :)

mika is pretty good in languages tho, how many different languages does he actually speak?

mika is pretty good in languages tho, how many different languages does he actually speak?

Goodness knows. He has a natural aptitude for languages which I don't. And a willingness to have a go. I was taught very formally to read and write it but I can't speak it so I feel I can't catch up. It's harder when you're old!

Goodness knows. He has a natural aptitude for languages which I don't. And a willingness to have a go. I was taught very formally to read and write it but I can't speak it so I feel I can't catch up. It's harder when you're old!

I've dropped French after 3 years being awful at it (I think it was also a motivation problem:teehee:) and I've forgotten almost everything I was ever taught.:naughty: Can't imagine how hard it must be to learn it when I'm older.

However, I can understand what he's saying in the interview but I couldn't translate it literally if I wanted to.

For those who can't see it from the France 2 website :

Rain : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAdch2wbzpc&feature=channel

Questions : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ZnV9Pp1V4&feature=channel

:wink2:

I'll edit my first post with the links and the trad when it'll be made !

Thanks Deb! I couldn't watch them on the France 2 site. :wub2:

OMG it makes me feel queasy. Good lord. :boxed:

yeah same here. if i'd known that, i'd personally have dragged him off stage in LA, i mean, WTF, he even did the encores, why does he think he has to behave like he's superman to please his fans?! :aah: since i read this, i'm feeling a strange mixture between anger, sadness, compassion and awe, and i feel kinda sick myself when i watch videos now of the last 3 songs. this is just horrible. :boxed:

OMG it makes me feel queasy. Good lord. :boxed:

I just can't believe it. I would've never guessed.:blink: He carried on SO well after that. I just want to give him the biggest hug possible and tell him how much his LA/California gig fans appreciate all that he did for us that weekend.:huglove::wub2: First he came out rigth after hurting himself to finish the show, then he still made it to Oakland and gave an amazing show, and then did an individual meet and greet afterwards. He seems invincible.:biggrin2:

yeah same here. if i'd known that, i'd personally have dragged him off stage in LA, i mean, WTF, he even did the encores, why does he think he has to behave like he's superman to please his fans?! :aah: since i read this, i'm feeling a strange mixture between anger, sadness, compassion and awe, and i feel kinda sick myself when i watch videos now of the last 3 songs. this is just horrible. :boxed:

I know! I feel almost guilty now:blink:...like we expected too much of him and he felt obligated to come back out...though I think he did it for himself too.

i'm feeling a strange mixture between anger, sadness, compassion and awe, and i feel kinda sick myself when i watch videos now of the last 3 songs. this is just horrible. :boxed:

I'm feeling pains in my feet and my knees are weak. Gawd! :aah:

I just can't believe it. I would've never guessed.:blink: He carried on SO well after that.

Yes I can't help thinking it couldn't be as bad as it sounds, especially since he's laughing in the interview. Also during the encore he came over and started pointing in front of me. I couldn't figure out what he wanted until I realized the woman beside me who'd come in on crutches had left one on the other side of the barrier where he could see it. He was laughing and was gesturing for me to give it to him, but I didn't dare give him this poor woman's crutch because I had no idea what he might do with it. :naughty:

But ugh still, it just sounds absolutely horrible and he was obviously in a lot of pain afterwards while we were waiting upstairs.

I know! I feel almost guilty now:blink:...like we expected too much of him and he felt obligated to come back out...though I think he did it for himself too.

I got the sense that he was out to prove something in Oakland, especially after that jackass claimed he was lip synching. :sneaky2:

Yes I can't help thinking it couldn't be as bad as it sounds, especially since he's laughing in the interview. Also during the encore he came over and started pointing in front of me. I couldn't figure out what he wanted until I realized the woman beside me who'd come in on crutches had left one on the other side of the barrier where he could see it. He was laughing and was gesturing for me to give it to him, but I didn't dare give him this poor woman's crutch because I had no idea what he might do with it. :naughty:

But ugh still, it just sounds absolutely horrible and he was obviously in a lot of pain afterwards while we were waiting upstairs.

Haha, awww...he wanted her crutches.:naughty: Yeah, he was in good spirits during the encore. He's so amazing...:wub2:

I got the sense that he was out to prove something in Oakland, especially after that jackass claimed he was lip synching. :sneaky2:

Yeah. For sure. And he so proved himself and more.:mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

well, i guess (hope!) no one would have expected him to go on if they'd known in what pain he was! but he just didn't show it in the first place, others would've just fallen down on the floor, clutching their foot, screaming, or anything like that. just think of the football (soccer) pro's how they behave when they get hurt during a match, it's almost funny to realize what wimps those athletic guys are compared to our mika!

i don't think we have to feel guilty, though i know what you mean... but it was his own decision. though i'm wondering why he thought it was necessary to do this. because he doesn't want ppl to think he's a wimp? because of the critics? because he thinks his fans would be disappointed? because he's so happy that he can play in such big venues in the US that he fears he might spoil it by not finishing the show?

well, in oakland he had the brace and the painkillers, like at all the other shows since then. though i don't want to imagine what it feels like for him without the painkillers, the way he goes on about needing them for the shows. :boxed:

but i'm wondering what he wanted to prove by finishing the LA show, i think he didn't know about the lip synching discussion by then.

well, in oakland he had the brace and the painkillers, like at all the other shows since then. though i don't want to imagine what it feels like for him without the painkillers, the way he goes on about needing them for the shows. :boxed:

but i'm wondering what he wanted to prove by finishing the LA show, i think he didn't know about the lip synching discussion by then.

I think he was just trying to be a professional about it. I'm sure he doesn't like leaving gigs unfinished....perfectionist :no:

I think he was just trying to be a professional about it. I'm sure he doesn't like leaving gigs unfinished....perfectionist :no:

but then, he left out toy boy in baden-baden because he was tired... but he still played it in LA! well maybe he took some painkillers before coming out for the encore, so it didn't feel that bad anymore, or it was the adrenaline from the show that kept him going, whatever, i think it wasn't just the perfectionism.