AUSSIE FANS: "Wanna Meet Mika?"

Kodes100

OH it's my real name....:wink2:

the name 'Yuna' is girl's name in Korea... and I heard Japanese have that name also .. but Korean use that name much more.

and THANK you for your greets all !!

I managed to get a ticket finally! SEE him in real world finallly!!!!! not in DVD..!!!

You're so lucky. I think Yuna is a really pretty name.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Aussie tickets at $90 AUD works out to about the same as the Oslo tickets at € 55.20... so both Oslo and Sydney work out to around £50. I was a bit :sneaky2: when I saw those prices, I admit.

My Vancouver tix though were just $46 CDN each, which works out to around £27. It varies wildly. :dunno:

Good luck to any Aussies who enter!

You're going to the Aussie gig too?

You're going to the Aussie gig too?

No... I wish! I would love to visit the land of wombats. :wub2:

Nah, I'm only eyeing up the Scandinavian gigs right now. I was just comparing the Aussie ticket prices to Oslo, since I thought that gig was surprisingly expensive. :bleh:

Well, I haven't bought plane tickets yet. I've got my fingers crossed that I can find reasonable flight prices, otherwise I'll also be waiting for him to come back to North America. :naughty:

I'm trying to talk my parents into taking me to a gig somewhere for my birthday... they just go "THATS A LONG TIME AWAY." Pish posh. :shun:

But my daddy said that if Mika came back to Canada but went to Vancouver or Montreal and not Toronto, I could go to one of those. :kachinga: (let's hope he comes to Toronto though...:blink:)

But my daddy said that if Mika came back to Canada but went to Vancouver or Montreal and not Toronto, I could go to one of those. :kachinga: (let's hope he comes to Toronto though...:blink:)

Vancouver is a thousand times better than Montréal for a Mika gig. :thumb_yello:

OH it's my real name....:wink2:

the name 'Yuna' is girl's name in Korea... and I heard Japanese have that name also .. but Korean use that name much more.

and THANK you for your greets all !!

I managed to get a ticket finally! SEE him in real world finallly!!!!! not in DVD..!!!

awww my dogs name was yuna, it was also a girl :roftl:

I don't think it's about the cost of him getting to Oz, etc. I think the prices are based on the costs involved with the venue, promotion and basically what the market will bear. Mika's gig in Montréal, for example, was more expensive than Toronto even though their travel and shipping costs shouldn't have differed between cities. It was a performance arts theatre instead of a club and Mika is more popular in Montréal than Toronto so it was to be expected.

I can't remember who exactly but someone on Mika's team mentioned during the NA tour how concert tickets have gone up generally in the industry because people aren't buying albums in the same quantity they used to so the artist has to recoup somewhere else.

Well, he should recoup by playing more shows at lower prices, rather than less shows at higher prices. If he did two shows in Sydney, at $50 each, I'm pretty sure they would have both sold out a long time ago. Did he notice we're in a recession?

Well, he should recoup by playing more shows at lower prices, rather than less shows at higher prices. If he did two shows in Sydney, at $50 each, I'm pretty sure they would have both sold out a long time ago. Did he notice we're in a recession?

I really don't think Mika is setting the price point for his shows. I think someone gives Mika a copy of his schedule a few days ahead of time and he shows up (if his handlers are lucky that is :naughty:).

Are other shows at the Enmore expensive too? I find in Toronto the cost of the tickets is inversely proportionate to the talent of the artist. The best shows I've been to are all under $40, many even under $25. If it's $100+ at an arena, pretty much guaranteed to be crap!

I'm trying to talk my parents into taking me to a gig somewhere for my birthday... they just go "THATS A LONG TIME AWAY." Pish posh. :shun:

Vancouver, you know you want to...:naughty:

He doesn't have any fans in Vancouver. :lmfao:

I think OhMyMika was the only person from Vancouver there before 6 pm. :naughty:

True dat. :lmfao:

I really don't think Mika is setting the price point for his shows. I think someone gives Mika a copy of his schedule a few days ahead of time and he shows up (if his handlers are lucky that is :naughty:).

Are other shows at the Enmore expensive too? I find in Toronto the cost of the tickets is inversely proportionate to the talent of the artist. The best shows I've been to are all under $40, many even under $25. If it's $100+ at an arena, pretty much guaranteed to be crap!

By Mika I mean "the people who decide what Mika does" :naughty: Hmm, I don't know, it's hard to say. But Kate Miller-Heidke is playing at the Enmore like 2 days before Mika and tickets are $50, which is FREAKING expensive too, her tickets in Perth are like $20 :blink: Maybe Sydney just thinks they are cool enough to charge so much.

That's because lesser known artists/artists who charge less and do more shows are better :fisch: Which is also why I'm now off to buy a ticket to see British India for two days before Mika, even though my bank account is at .. hmm - $0.85, because they a freaking good (the last time they came to Perth they did SEVEN shows here :fangurl:)

Wanna Meet Mika?

Local News, By Christian Taylor, 11th November, 2009

Global pop phenomenon Mika is heading to Sydney later this month to promote his new album The Boy Who Knew Too Much and thanks to the folk at Frontier Touring we have a double pass to Mika’s show to give away, as well as the opportunity to meet the man himself.

The new album follows up his debut, Life In Cartoon Motion which sold nearly 6 million copies around the world and went 5 x platinum in the UK for sales of over 1.5 million, as well as winning him BRIT, Ivor Novello and MTV Awards. The album’s stirring ballads and candy-coated choruses have a more grown up feel this time around, but are still distinctively ‘Mika’.

Fans would remember Mika’s colourful, effervescent performance in 2007 that lifted the roof off of the Forum at Entertainment Quarter. Now Mika’s set to do it all again at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre on November 24. There are still tickets available. Click here to buy yours.

For a chance to win a double pass to meet Mika and see his show in Sydney, click here and tell us in 25 words or less why we should pick you. Competition closes midnight November 19. Winners will be notified Friday November 20

Here is the link.

Good Luck!

http://www.samesame.com.au/news/local/4772/Wanna-Meet-Mika.htm

Hmmmmm... I may enter, even though I bought two tickets...

Thanks for finding this anyways...

Tickets stillllllllll available? Here in Korea the tickets are all sold out in 10 minutes... many people failed to buy tickets..

If it was someone I liked but wasn't mad about, I wouldn't bother...

It's pretty ridiculous. I guess it makes sense if he's paying so much to ship the set over and everything, but maybe if he did a few more shows they could be a bit cheaper each :dunno:

I don't know if I'll enter this one, you actually do have to sign up to samesame.com :naughty: But since this is the second competiton to meet Mika, lets hope he's sticking around for a M&G after the gig, and that we'll be allowed in, or that this private M&G doesn't go for so long that he neglects meeting us :shocked:

I thought he'd do one in Melbourne, I reckon he'd be able to get a decent crowd... I do think the price might put a few people off though...

I don't think it's about the cost of him getting to Oz, etc. I think the prices are based on the costs involved with the venue, promotion and basically what the market will bear. Mika's gig in Montréal, for example, was more expensive than Toronto even though their travel and shipping costs shouldn't have differed between cities. It was a performance arts theatre instead of a club and Mika is more popular in Montréal than Toronto so it was to be expected.

Yes he seems to have these M&G obligations after every show. Any kind of MFC meet and greet is usually arranged at the last minute so you'll just have to hope for the best at this point. Hopefully he is able to take time outside to talk to fans in any case.

I wonder how much promotion they've done for the concert?

There was a hug line of people waiting for their M&Gs last time (maybe 50 including us), so no doubt it'll be the same... Either way, I asked Freddie if he could hook us up with a meet and greet so hopefully we can get one... If Jerry is there again I might have to talk to him about getting one...

The Aussie tickets at $90 AUD works out to about the same as the Oslo tickets at € 55.20... so both Oslo and Sydney work out to around £50. I was a bit :sneaky2: when I saw those prices, I admit.

So was I... but it's either buy the tickets and get over it, or miss out on seeing Mika..

I'm just so surprised that the tickets almost doubled in price in 2 years! The Enmore must be expensive... it is in a fashionable part of town after all :naughty:

Well, I haven't bought plane tickets yet. I've got my fingers crossed that I can find reasonable flight prices, otherwise I'll also be waiting for him to come back to North America. :naughty:

OMG REALLY?!

I hope you get a ticket! You need to be here!

I just looked at the Enmore site... tickets to concerts seem to range from about $50 to $140... Kate Miller-Heidke and Short Stack (:blink:) are on the cheaper end, and some guy that was apparently from the band Supertramp are the most expensive... most seem to be between $60-$80...

It is a theatre so maybe that's why it's so pricey...

Just saw this thread now...

"To meet Mika I would sign up to a gay website and enter their competiton that is clearly meant for gay people"

Is that under 25 words? :naughty:

:roftl: So... Did you enter that? :teehee:

pfff, you aussies get all the luck! P:

seems like hong kong is the only place that doesn't give out M&G's :P

good luck everyone! ^-^

:lmfao: You should probably read back over the last 2 and a half years of Aussie & Mika bad luck before you say things like that. :naughty:

:lmfao: You should probably read back over the last 2 and a half years of Aussie & Mika bad luck before you say things like that. :naughty:

We're not that lucky...

We're only just getting a visit from Mika, same as you guys!

And unfortunately not every country gets meet and greets...

Hey Kelzy & nico_collard I just heard Mika on a radio interview say that there are going to be more shows throughout Australia.

The Mika Drought in Australia is coming to an end.:thumb_yello:

I am happy for you.

You have waited so long for a proper Mika Tour!