AUSSIE FANS: "Wanna Meet Mika?"

Kodes100

Wanna Meet Mika?

Local News, By Christian Taylor, 11th November, 2009

Global pop phenomenon Mika is heading to Sydney later this month to promote his new album The Boy Who Knew Too Much and thanks to the folk at Frontier Touring we have a double pass to Mika’s show to give away, as well as the opportunity to meet the man himself.

The new album follows up his debut, Life In Cartoon Motion which sold nearly 6 million copies around the world and went 5 x platinum in the UK for sales of over 1.5 million, as well as winning him BRIT, Ivor Novello and MTV Awards. The album’s stirring ballads and candy-coated choruses have a more grown up feel this time around, but are still distinctively ‘Mika’.

Fans would remember Mika’s colourful, effervescent performance in 2007 that lifted the roof off of the Forum at Entertainment Quarter. Now Mika’s set to do it all again at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre on November 24. There are still tickets available. Click here to buy yours.

For a chance to win a double pass to meet Mika and see his show in Sydney, click here and tell us in 25 words or less why we should pick you. Competition closes midnight November 19. Winners will be notified Friday November 20

Here is the link.

Good Luck!

http://www.samesame.com.au/news/local/4772/Wanna-Meet-Mika.htm

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets stillllllllll available? Here in Korea the tickets are all sold out in 10 minutes... many people failed to buy tickets..

AND NO M&G ......... sad....

===============================================

Wanna Meet Mika?

Local News, By Christian Taylor, 11th November, 2009

Global pop phenomenon Mika is heading to Sydney later this month to promote his new album The Boy Who Knew Too Much and thanks to the folk at Frontier Touring we have a double pass to Mika’s show to give away, as well as the opportunity to meet the man himself.

The new album follows up his debut, Life In Cartoon Motion which sold nearly 6 million copies around the world and went 5 x platinum in the UK for sales of over 1.5 million, as well as winning him BRIT, Ivor Novello and MTV Awards. The album’s stirring ballads and candy-coated choruses have a more grown up feel this time around, but are still distinctively ‘Mika’.

Fans would remember Mika’s colourful, effervescent performance in 2007 that lifted the roof off of the Forum at Entertainment Quarter. Now Mika’s set to do it all again at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre on November 24. There are still tickets available. Click here to buy yours.

For a chance to win a double pass to meet Mika and see his show in Sydney, click here and tell us in 25 words or less why we should pick you. Competition closes midnight November 19. Winners will be notified Friday November 20

Here is the link.

Good Luck!

http://www.samesame.com.au/news/local/4772/Wanna-Meet-Mika.htm

Tickets stillllllllll available? Here in Korea the tickets are all sold out in 10 minutes... many people failed to buy tickets..

Welcome to the MFC Yuna!

Maybe since the venue sold out so fast Mika might add another show??

I hope so for the many Korean Mika Fans & yourself.

:yay: Good luck aussies!!

===============================================

Hi Yuna! Welcome to MFC.

I hope we have M&G in Seoul and Tokyo as well.:original:

Final Fantasy X! It's a Japanese game and the main character is a woman called Yuna lol. I wasn't sure if it was your real name or if you took the name from the game.

OH it's my real name....:wink2:

the name 'Yuna' is girl's name in Korea... and I heard Japanese have that name also .. but Korean use that name much more.

and THANK you for your greets all !!

I managed to get a ticket finally! SEE him in real world finallly!!!!! not in DVD..!!!

How much were Mika tickets in Korea, Yuna?

Our's were 90 freaking dollars, which is probably why they are still far from being sold out. :naughty:

10,0000 korean WON = 51 GBP ...

I heard Hong Kong also 51 GBP ...

Jason mraz' gig in Korea costs almost same price. Greenday also.

is it more expensive than UK or Europe gig?

People are selling their own MIKA tickets (some good seats) over 60 GBP

or more.....

I got 'survived' from that "TICKET WAR"... with a good seat... (first low)

or more.....

Oh ours are about 51 pounds too, people must just be crazy for Mika in Korea!

I think it's much cheaper in the UK/Europe, anyone?

I paid €45 for Dublin with all the fees and delivery and shizz. I think some of the UK dates were a bit cheaper though. About £25 before the extra fees.

Good luck with the contest. I hope you all get to meet Mika in any case. :thumb_yello:

Have fun at the gig Yuna!

or more.....

The Euro tickets are slightly cheaper, between £40-£50, but the UK tickets are much cheaper at £25.

or more.....

I found it sold at the auction site for 160,000krw.:shocked:

In Japan it was 6,800yen (about 45 pound)

I paid €45 for Dublin with all the fees and delivery and shizz. I think some of the UK dates were a bit cheaper though. About £25 before the extra fees.

Good luck with the contest. I hope you all get to meet Mika in any case. :thumb_yello:

Have fun at the gig Yuna!

It's pretty ridiculous. I guess it makes sense if he's paying so much to ship the set over and everything, but maybe if he did a few more shows they could be a bit cheaper each :dunno:

I don't know if I'll enter this one, you actually do have to sign up to samesame.com :naughty: But since this is the second competiton to meet Mika, lets hope he's sticking around for a M&G after the gig, and that we'll be allowed in, or that this private M&G doesn't go for so long that he neglects meeting us :shocked:

It's pretty ridiculous. I guess it makes sense if he's paying so much to ship the set over and everything, but maybe if he did a few more shows they could be a bit cheaper each :dunno:

I don't think it's about the cost of him getting to Oz, etc. I think the prices are based on the costs involved with the venue, promotion and basically what the market will bear. Mika's gig in Montréal, for example, was more expensive than Toronto even though their travel and shipping costs shouldn't have differed between cities. It was a performance arts theatre instead of a club and Mika is more popular in Montréal than Toronto so it was to be expected.

I can't remember who exactly but someone on Mika's team mentioned during the NA tour how concert tickets have gone up generally in the industry because people aren't buying albums in the same quantity they used to so the artist has to recoup somewhere else.

I don't know if I'll enter this one, you actually do have to sign up to samesame.com :naughty: But since this is the second competiton to meet Mika, lets hope he's sticking around for a M&G after the gig, and that we'll be allowed in, or that this private M&G doesn't go for so long that he neglects meeting us :shocked:

Yes he seems to have these M&G obligations after every show. Any kind of MFC meet and greet is usually arranged at the last minute so you'll just have to hope for the best at this point. Hopefully he is able to take time outside to talk to fans in any case.

The Aussie tickets at $90 AUD works out to about the same as the Oslo tickets at € 55.20... so both Oslo and Sydney work out to around £50. I was a bit :sneaky2: when I saw those prices, I admit.

My Vancouver tix though were just $46 CDN each, which works out to around £27. It varies wildly. :dunno:

Good luck to any Aussies who enter!