REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

Thank you for final chapter mouselle, enjoyed reading your report :thumb_yello: Selfless of chickadee to point at you.... that is really sweet :wub2:

Tegan, it's so great that you got to thank him personally for the flowers!! A good night all around despite Mika being exhausted..:thumb_yello:

Thank you all for reports & pics!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Umm... yes...?

I was originally inspired by your words to write what I did, even if it ended up being unrelated....

I'm not sure how what I said was relevant to what you wrote but maybe we should discuss this over PM instead.

Part 3 The concert. (Overview) probably to be skipped unless you reallly do like detail!

I thought today about how I had been speaking with everyone before the concert and I had total confidence as I assured them that this concert would be one of the very best of their life. Oh wow, was that ever true!!!!!

The couch arrived on stage, and I enjoyed listening to the speculation about how Mika must be curled up in it ready to spring out at any moment. But he didn’t spring! There were mutters about how long it was taking him to leap out – but he didn’t. .. Soon the band gathered, and I enjoyed the interplay on the couch. The people behind me were so puzzled – they had no clue what it was all about. They were not MFCers, and it was fun listening to them being so confused.

Then the spaceman arrived, and wearily took off his suit. He plodded offstage (from my POV) – the raised platform at the back extended off the side of the stage.

Then he exploded onto the stage and dashed to the front and just went for it! The audience went wild, and it never stopped after that!

Overview – Every now and then Mika kind of turned and looked and listened and blazed with joy as he took a moment to realize how much the audience was involved in the music. I also took a moment around then (but not at that precise time, so as not to miss his reactions) to turn and see the audience and see what he was seeing. It was incredible.

(IMO, Aussie audiences generally make tough crowds. The front few rows get involved, but as you move back, even in the standing zone, the cool folk and non-dancers are just standing there and absorbing. And in the balconies, in the seated areas, there is no hope of much audience interaction. People in seats feel really constrained to sit still and behave themselves. An artist who can get any of the seated folk moving for longer than a few bars is extremely rare. Sometimes they manage a whole hit single of activity, but then the seats attract, and the folks sit down. )

At first, it was the standard result, but as the evening progressed, it very quickly became clear how contagious Mika is, and for the last few songs and the end it seemed ot me that the whole crowd was ecstatically on its feet and waving arms.

And singing.

I’ve never heard anything like it. From the beginning, every song, every word was being sung by enough of the audience to make it very clear to Mika and the band how well the entire crowd knew it all. I think it was Dr John that clinched it for me. It’s not being touted as a single, but it was the first song he played from the new album, and there was no lessening in the crowd volume at all!!! Same for Pick Up Off The Floor. If any two were going to be unknowns, I would have picked them. But everyone obviously loves them all.

So we had the songs, where Mika and the band were louder than the audience singing, but if you really wanted to concentrate fully and totally on hearing Mika, a little bit of effort was required. (That includes the effort to escape the draw of the voices and the need to join in again and be involved in the joy.) And then he would finish a song and the applause would start, and it did not stop until he started speaking or the first bars of the next song began, and we waited for the right moment to begin the singing. And it was singing, except for where Mika deliberately raised our volume, and we had to be louder. He was using us as a strong backing voice for his harmonies and we did it! That seems rare to me, and it usually seems that when he starts to try the harmony, the audience tries to go with him, rather than supporting him. But we did it! He was braver with that more towards the end, as you would understand, but wow!

And it’s not that the speaker volume was low. I was singing and screaming, and could only hear myself as a thin thread of sound. It was just the number of us involved that made us so loud. Have I said wow enough times yet?

I usually spend the entirety of a concert being a silent, listening, engrossed person. I stand further back and listen. I don’t sing as my voice is appalling, and the more effort I put into singing, the less I seem to be able to pay real attention to the singer. This time, I lost all that. I just had this massive compulsion to show Mika every time he glanced my way that I knew every word, and was having the best time of my life. I screamed so much I have a sore throat and husky voice. And I still feel as though I lived every song with him and paid full attention to every word. The only song I managed to be mostly still for was I See You, and that was hard to do, but I needed to be able to remember that I had appreciated the song as much as I possibly could.

I’m feeling overwhelmed at the memory again, and I’m not sure where to begin next, so I’ll post this and think some more.

Oh Mouselle! I think you are putting our exact feelings into words:thumb_yello: My face is tired from smiling all the time:wub2: I think I owe Mika :teehee:a stress therapy

Dr John – Mika wore the orange feathered hat put it on and off, and at one point (not sure if it was this song or later) I was wondering if he was being tempted to throw it into the crowd, and had an idle thought wondering how hard he would find it to replace it! He was swinging it back and forth with a considering look on his face. ..

I know, I thought he was going to throw it at 2 different occasions but then he put it away:roftl:

Thanks again mouselle for keeping with your so detailed report. I really enjoyed it, although took me 2 hours to catch up the thread :teehee:

But I never get tired of details :thumb_yello:

Also thanks everybody, you Aussies are such a bunch of enthusiastic people that no wonder he enjoyed the show as much as he did :wub2:

I would quote so many things it would be a never-ending message so I better spare you the details :teehee:

No way?!?!?! Wow that is so soon!!! Im sooo hopeing it happens!!!! Getting time off work again would be near impossible.....hopefully theyd come on the weekend!!!

i knowww its so exciting but i dont think ill be allowed to go :(

it makes me really sad but its so expensive and im a bit young to be going out to places like that...at least my family think so :(:(

Oh! Was I really?:teehee:Sorry Mici:blush-anim-cl:

NO NO NO!!! That wasn't directed at you!!!! :roftl:

I have video of Dr John which I promise I will EVENTUALLY persuade my computer to upload for me, and the crowd singing is hilariously out of tune.

Mireille, we had a great time bouncing around with you! I dont even think I heard your singing....

Woah Tegan, it's so cool to read about your time backstage!! It would have been so awesome to hear Mika warming up and stuff (not to mention the experience of just being there while everything was getting ready!). Did you guys get to see Orianthi before she went on?

Otherwise, personally, I have to say thank you again for organising everything! You did so much to make the night so much better for so many of us!:biggrin2:

I walked past her a few times and didn't realise it was her at first till I'd walked past jer... and she is so short! She is seriously fun sized!

I'm quite a lot taller than her and she was wearing boots...

Awwwww Tegan ... you got to thank him for your flowers, lovely :wub2:

Everyones reports are absolutely wonderful - loving reading them - so full of love, excitement and unforgettable moments, sigh...

Thanks for sharing your experiences all :biggrin2:

Tegan, it's so great that you got to thank him personally for the flowers!! A good night all around despite Mika being exhausted..:thumb_yello:

Thank you all for reports & pics!

My aim was to talk to Mika and thank him for the flowers... I achieved that and I felt really good about it (especially since I was able to hold eye contact with him for most of it! :naughty:)

we asked her and she said its at the big day out thing next february

Really? Wow!

I couldn't find anything about it though...

I walked past her a few times and didn't realise it was her at first till I'd walked past jer... and she is so short! She is seriously fun sized!

I'm quite a lot taller than her and she was wearing boots...

My aim was to talk to Mika and thank him for the flowers... I achieved that and I felt really good about it (especially since I was able to hold eye contact with him for most of it! :naughty:)

Really? Wow!

I couldn't find anything about it though...

yeah me neither but it came from Cherisse so it must be true lol :wub2:

At the end of Doctor John, Mika took a little trip...

M4H003778.jpg

M4H0037720.jpg

Felt like a bit of a duffa...

M4H003779.jpg

Then realised he hadn't maimed himself. For once....

M4H003857.jpg

M4H003858.jpg

M4H003853.jpg

I have to tell someone, he thought....

M4H0037713.jpg

M4H0037714.jpg

Hey Poster Pal. Sleepy?....

M4H0037712-1.jpg

M4H003778.jpg

M4H0037720.jpg

M4H003779.jpg

M4H003857.jpg

M4H003858.jpg

M4H003853.jpg

M4H0037713.jpg

M4H0037714.jpg

M4H0037712-1.jpg

hehe yeh i filmed that trip :teehee: it was cute though i couldnt help but giggle! :teehee: and i love the pics thanks!! :)

M4H003778.jpg

M4H0037720.jpg

M4H003779.jpg

M4H003857.jpg

M4H003858.jpg

M4H003853.jpg

M4H0037713.jpg

M4H0037714.jpg

M4H0037712-1.jpg

'great piccies. Love em.... especially the last one :naughty:

thx for posting :flowers2:

P.S. I'm in the hostel now and the computer has no javascript or something and it deletes all formatting when you post.Before I was all "yeah I'm gonna post tonight because blah blah I'll forget the details blah blah somethign something" but now it's 4.30 nd I just wanna go to beeeeeeed.Buuuuuut, I guess I'll start anyway. Hey, I think if I type the codes in it will format, let's give that a go, or this is about to become one veeeerrryyyy big paragraph.

I love it :naughty:

(...)

Turns out the music store as an indie record store that definitely did not sell Mika, though they had some interesting music about vaginas.

Did they sell The Kooks?

Me and Tanya went to look at the vagina store and then I went to A REALLY AMAZING BUTTON STORE (they even had a cat).

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Back outside the button store Tanya was sitting on a bench again and I gave 30 cents to a homeless woman.

You two are such good people :pinkbow:

Then we walked past some houses, where I will live, one day.

Invite meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Um, it's 5.30.... Let's talk about Mika tomorrow. Basically - he was really good- all of his band were really nice at the afterpartyuh, yeah, that sums it up.

:naughty:

Oh, and they were AWESOME big girls by the way!!

:boing:!

The security guards were heaps lame and all "no videos! no flash! You get one warning and then we kick you out!" :sneaky2:But anyway, I filmed like 80% of big girl before I got told off :naughty: But some silly man kept gettign in the way :sneaky2:GOING TO BED NOW

Send it to me. Including SWN.

And then I had MQed another post (not from OD :fisch:) but I apparently lost it. I just wanted to say that someone should much rather give Mika food to eat than just presents. Anyway :dunno:

When we were all dressed including shoes, we stood around and waited for John and Owain to get us. In the meantime we saw one of the catering staff start to pack up and we saw Martin walk past and Jimmy came past as well and left the UV paint with us. He ended up coming back and taking a picture of us and posting to Twitter! We also considered putting some on but decided against it because we thought we might get in trouble. Yasmine came up to us with the UV paint and painted two stripes of paint on either side of our faces. iMMa also came and got changed and went looking for someone to do up her corset and we could hear Mika warming up his voice and singing a bit of Relax.

Eventually, we heard the crowd start clapping and cheering as the band came on stage to do their thing, and Mrs P came back to find us still waiting! She sent Kylie and Rosina to one side of the stage, and Maria and I followed Mrs P to our side of the stage. We started to watch the video of Sr Ian McKellen, and John walked past and closed the door to the stage while Mika came off and got changed. We were then let up to watch the song from the sid of the stage and we jumped around and sang along, and I believe Maria got a grin from Jimmy. When Big Girl started, We sang along and jumped around, and when it was our turn to go up, Owain yelled out to us and we raced up the stairs! As soon as people saw us go up on the stage, the crowd, especially the first two rows went wild and cheered really loudly! I rmember spotting Annie, Mici and flossie. Towards the end of the song my arm was getting very sore and tired, so I half stopped waving it around (and you can notice it). Once the song finished, Owain helped me down the stairs as I almost tripped down the stairs, and we raced down the stairs and started getting changed. We ended up missing the third song (I think it was Stuck In The Middle).

Once we were done, we went out into the crowd. The others decided to try and get in to the front, and I stayed with happikali and Kelzy. I tried to record Blue Eyes on my phone, but my shoulder was so sore I couldn't hold up the camera to take pictures or video so I stopped. I really enjoyed the show even though I was more than 10 rows back and had people in front of me spilling drinks and talking through all the songs. During Love Today he told us to jump so I yelled out "Don't hurt yourself!" and smiled when I heard the Aussies yell out "We are not what you think we are" and saw his very cheeky grin. I thought it was very funny when he forgot what key Pick Up Off The Floor was. I think he also mentioned about how usually the band finishes the song after he does, but during the song he finished before them (or something along those lines). I really enjoyed the songs, and even Toy Boy was okay (I'm not a fan), and love how he does Lollipop with the drums as well.

After the show we stood to the side and waited for people to get out so we could have the meet and greet. At one stage I heard someone say my name and I turned around and it was Nick! I hugged him and asked what happened and he said that he managed to get there by himself and that the others must've missed him. I also saw Matthew and he said how much he enjoeyed it, and eventually we went upstairs into the foyer for the meet and greet. I ended up finding Zoe and gave her her pass, and gave one to Nick and also to mika_me and to Mika Cherry (I had to get the spare one from Jodi!) As we were wandering around I realised that I had nothing for anyone to sign so I grabbed my little retro book out for people to sign. Oh, and a retro book is a small art book with blank pages and you add songs, quotes, pictures, lists, and anything you like. Once you finish it you put it away and don't read it for 5 years. Anyways, I grabbed it out and some markers so people could get stuff signed. First up I went to iMMa and she signed my book, then I went to Cherisse and I got her to sign as well. Zoe and I got a picture with her. Then After a while, we were told that Mika would be coming out and that we had to put our cameras away. When he came out, I waited back until he came ti me, and he tried to make his way around the room. When it looked like he was heading off I decided that I better step forward and talk to him, so I got his attention. I said that about 6 months ago I had 2 strokes and that people from MFC had tweeted him about it and he ended up sending me flowers. He replied with "Oh, so you were teh one I sent flowers to!" He asked how I was doing, and Zoe nentioned how I had right sided weakness and that when she walked in the room with them my face lit up. I said thank you so much fro the flowers and he said that's okay and he also asked how my right side was. I said it was okay and demonstrated by lifting my arm right into the air (even though it was tired and my arm had dropped a bit by then). I also asked for a hug and he said okay, so I got to hug him! :fangurl: I forgot to mention the petition and forgot to ask for an autograph, but that's okay cause I managed to speak reasonably well to him!

After he left, we stood around and chatted amongst ourselves while I had a bit of a look for Martin, and we weren't sure if David and Jimmy were sitting in a corner chatting so we asked iMMa and she said yes. I asked if she'd seen Martin and she said no, and then somehow the conversation got around to accents and she said David had a great Scottish accent, to which I moaned and said I love Scottish accents! She laughed and we waited for either Jimmy or David to stop talking. We managed to get Jimmy's attention and he came over and started chatting to us, and we also saw Martin as well! Jimmy went over to talk to people who were waiting at the door and so we started chatting to Martin about all sorts of stuff. I asked if he'd explored Sydney much, and he said he'd been a lot, including a few times with Lily Allen. He also said that he was thinking of moving to Sydney in 2-3 years, and said that he didn't think Melbourne was a great place to raise kids, but Sydney was cause it was so cultural. I also mentioned that he should come out west and have a look out here. Jimmy came back and told Martin that hte people at the door wanted to talk to him, so he went over and we chatted to Jimmy. We had to wait for Martin to return the marker so Jimmy could sign, so Jimmy asked what he go was with the book. I explained to him what was in it and started flicking through it until I realised that there was a start of a fan fic in it and i got past that pretty quickly! I started to explain about the petition, and when he got the marker back he signed my book and I got a pciture with him.

I went back to Martin and got a picture with him and he was giving a thumbs up so we asked why (I can't remember what he said). I checked the picture was okay, and when Martin asked if it was okay I gave him a thumbs up. He laughed about that and I said we did it cause we worship the ground he walks on. Zoe and I started to bow down to him and he laughed and walked off. I got a picture with iMMa, and she said that Zoe told her that I'd had 2 strokes and was a big girl, and she said it was really inspirational that I got up and danced soon after having 2 strokes. She was so sweet. We waited for David, and when he was walking around we caught him and he recognised some of hte girls from the front row, and I said that I was a big girl and he high fived me! We asked for an autograph and he told us that he had a really bad signature, and I said I didn't care. He signed it and said "See?" I got a pic with him, and then the others got a signature and a pic.

Just before we walked out, I told Zoe that we should've gotten Cherisse a t shirt that said "I'm not short, I'm fun sized!", so we told her that we'd get her a t shirt and asked her where to send it. She loved the idea of the t shirt.

All up, it was the best concert I have ever been to! Admittedly that's not saying much cause I've only been to 4 but still... I had the best night, and I can't stop smiling!

YAY!!!:thumb_yello:

I was really pleased to see that, nice one Teegs:wink2: