REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mouselle, i remember saving your report in 2007 as i loved it so much..i guess i'll do the same in 2009! :naughty:

thank you! and thanks to all the others who have reported so far :thumb_yello:

Robertina, you are so kind to say that.

I love writing detailed reports so I can hold all the precious details and not lose them as they fade over time. Sometimes it all seems dream-like, and so good it could never have happened. Then I come across my report, and go "wow, it really was that good!"

I've got the next part written, so I'll put it up, and than go back to writing.

Part 2 (sound check and supporting act)

Soon there were the tell-tale sounds of the sound-check, so I went hunting for the best possible sound. To my amazement, it was possible to see inside through the clear lettering on the opaque doors. And to see Mika! At first, the band was onstage and Mika was at the sound desk. The band was playing live, but Mika’s voice was obviously a track. They ran through most of the songs, with Mika also watching the light show on the screens behind the stage. (And yes, I have no pride and no shame. Others came and went, but I was stuck like a moth to that peephole for a very long time!) Luckily the lettering covered four doors, so others could also see without me feeling too greedy!

Passers-by stopped to see and listen to what was fascinating me, and most either recognized the name or remembered Grace Kelly, and all were nice. I met various MFCers and chatted with them too. It was so funny. A person would come up, and gasp OMG! It’s Mika! Then they would gasp OMG! He stood up! (or sat down, or is on stage, or whatever!) I enjoyed it immensely, and started discussing with people how he was just like a real boy, who moved and everything! I think they all got the joke – I hope so! And I understand, because I share it, that he seems so much like a remote dream, that the actuality is just amazing. He does exist in real life, not just on our computers! (maybe it’s an Aussie thing – it’s been a loooong time between drinks!)

Then Mika moved to the stage and ran through the concert, miming taking off the space suit. The order of songs seemed random to me, as the space suit mime occurred after he had ‘performed’ half a dozen songs. So I got a lot of Mika concert time, and my day was so fabulous already that I was about to bust! And I still had the real concert and the M&G to come.

Thank you so much to the mods who organised the M&G – the prospect of it meant so much to so many of us! We already knew we were going to have one before we left for the concert, and that was just magic.

I still had two spare tickets and asked at the ticket window if they wanted them back. They said no, but that the front of stage standing area had sold out, and I was welcome to loiter nearby and approach people who might want them. Soon I had them sold, and just in time as ten minutes later the doors were about to open. Just then people called my name down the line, and some-one wanted my tickets, but I was glad I was not still hanging on to them that late!

Then we were in, and I got a spot along the barrier in front of the piano and Imma, the back-up singer. I was so glad to have the barrier to hang on to. I had had so many days of walking and standing for hours, and the time I spent watching the sound-check instead of sensibly sitting and resting, and my legs were letting me know! I diagnosed the problem as a temporary lack of sufficient adrenaline that would be cured soon!

The people against the barrier had a ledge/platform to stand on, which was just wide enough for me to sit on and doze until the support act came on. (No sleep the night before means I can sleep anywhere!) Annie spotted Owen on stage doing his last minute checks, and called out to him about a nearly invisible coil of plastic wire on the stage where Mika might trip, so Owen brushed it away.

Orianthi came on. The guitars and drums were very loud, and her voice was not loud enough, which is a common problem with support acts. I couldn’t understand any words of her songs, but her guitar playing and fingering was magic. Wow! Annie and I were laughing, because there were photographers scrambling in front of our barrier to get the best shot, and she gave great smolder! At one point she laughed privately with her band with glee at how the crowd was beginning to clap more after each song as we came to realize her artistry. Then she turned quickly to the front again and smoldered for the camera, holding classic guitar poses, and obviously deeply into the music. A little later she moved to the other side of the mic to give the rest of the crowd a good look! She was great, but I am so used to Mika’s exuberant freedom that she seemed so studied and restricted in her movement that I was just so amused!

She soon finished, having been a far better supporting act than I had expected. I sat down again to rest for Mika, and dozed some more.

Oh! What a night!

I wasn't even meant to be going, but then at the LAST minute, as in, 3.30pm on the 24th (yesterday), my mum sped to my school and picked me up, telling me to hurry because she needed to get the other kids. She drove past their school and it wasn't until we were on the freeway that I realised where we were going. I started crying and saying thank you so much!

Flight left at 5.30, and from there we hurridly booked into our hotel and raced to Enmore.

I didn't get any photos as my mum forgot to pack the camera :sneaky2:, but that didnt matter

THE SHOW WAS AMAZING! Seriously, the best day of my life. He was so fun, so much energy. It was such an amazingly brilliant night. When he sung Happy Ending, I cried.

I was in such a good position too, floor! I didn't know but my mum had booked the tickets the day they were for sale! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

My favourite song was Happy Ending and Lollipop.

However, that was not the best bit!

I went back to the hotel and attempted to sleep, but I was on such a high!

Then, today, I was walking around Sydney, the city, as I have only ever been there once before, 5 years ago. I decided to take the ferrie to Manly (LOVELY!), and as I was getting off, back into Syndey, I decided, for no reason, to go for a walk down the not so known areas. I was walking for hours and my mum called telling me that I needed to meet her at the Opera House in 30min. So I was in a VERY big hurry. I walked so fast down all these streets and roads and as I was running, I accidentally bumped into a man coming out of a radio station building.

The conversation went as follows:

Me: Oh, ****, I'm sorry

Man: Hehehehe, it's okay.

Me: *Look up as I recognised the voice* OH MY!

MIKA: :blink: what?

Me: You're Mika

Mika: Am I?

Me: I think so

Mika: You're right

Me: :biggrin2: I saw you last night

Mika: Really? Did you like it?

Me: YES! You're like...my idol and rolemodel.

Mika: You want to be a skinny male, or do you sing?

Me: Both! Nah, I joke. I sing badly

Mika: Sing!

Me: okkayyy, *sings a few lines of like a virgin by madonna (first thing that came into my head*

Mika: Oh nice. You're quite good. Do you play instruments?

Me: Umm, violen, piano and trumpet

Mika: Amazing.

Me: Sorry, you're probably very busy. I shall leave you to it

Mika: I best be off, see you again sometime? Maybe at you're own show?

Me: Oh, I don't know about that. But I hope I see you live again, maybe when I move to London?

Mika: When?

Me: 2012

Mika: Just in time for the Olympics. Yes, you definatly will. And if I ever need a violen player, I'll give you a call

Me: You don't have my number

Mika: True, I'll ask you for it at the next gig. Make sure you come round and annoy me after the next show

Me: I will :biggrin2:

Mika: See you later.

As he ran off heaps of other people started going after him, and his bodyguardy people (who were standing next to him during our entire conversation) were trying to get people away

I may not of met him at the show, but I still got my 2min convo with him:biggrin2:

Oh! What a night!

I wasn't even meant to be going, but then at the LAST minute, as in, 3.30pm on the 24th (yesterday), my mum sped to my school and picked me up, telling me to hurry because she needed to get the other kids. She drove past their school and it wasn't until we were on the freeway that I realised where we were going. I started crying and saying thank you so much!

Flight left at 5.30, and from there we hurridly booked into our hotel and raced to Enmore.

I didn't get any photos as my mum forgot to pack the camera :sneaky2:, but that didnt matter

THE SHOW WAS AMAZING! Seriously, the best day of my life. He was so fun, so much energy. It was such an amazingly brilliant night. When he sung Happy Ending, I cried.

I was in such a good position too, floor! I didn't know but my mum had booked the tickets the day they were for sale! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Then, today, I was walking around Sydney, the city, as I have only ever been there once before, 5 years ago. I decided to take the ferrie to Manly (LOVELY!), and as I was getting off, back into Syndey, I decided, for no reason, to go for a walk down the not so known areas. I was walking for hours and my mum called telling me that I needed to meet her at the Opera House in 30min. So I was in a VERY big hurry. I walked so fast down all these streets and roads and as I was running, I accidentally bumped into a man coming out of a radio station building.

Me: okkayyy, *sings a few lines of like a virgin by madonna (first thing that came into my head*

Me: Oh, I don't know about that. But I hope I see you live again, maybe when I move to London?

Mika: Just in time for the Olympics. Yes, you definatly will. And if I ever need a violen player, I'll give you a call

Mika: True, I'll ask you for it at the next gig. Make sure you come round and annoy me after the next show

As he ran off heaps of other people started going after him, and his bodyguardy people (who were standing next to him during our entire conversation) were trying to get people away

I may not of met him at the show, but I still got my 2min convo with him:biggrin2:

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!:wub2::wub2::wub2:

Oh! What a night!

Awwww that is ace !! :biggrin2:

Loving how different peeps around the world are meeting him :wub2:

Loving all the reports and CHANCE meetings:shocked:...isn't that enough to make you believe in fate or something:naughty:

Mouselle, is there more of yours on its way??...I am holding my breath here:wub2:

Edited by Blue Sky

It's been so interesting to read you reports everyone! Can totally feel your excitment and I'm so happy you all had such a fantastic time!

Report:

Before starting, please ignore any typing mistakes as I Have my pupils dilated with drops and can barely see the letters:teehee:

Thank you so much for everyone who made this experience possible. I have this silly smile on my face and even my son's tantrums can not get it off:wub2:

I've never seen Mika as happy as he was yesterday.I think we really surprised him especially when everybody was singing the songs of TBWKTM. I think he waswn't expecting to see an audience on fire. And we were:teehee:

We were in the front row, right there. A lot of eye contact. It was heaven I do apologise from Mici ,Flossy and Kezc if I had annoyed them with my constant jumping :teehee:.Others might have gone thru the details in other posts so I'm not going to repeat them. But I'll talk abt the meet and greet. Again thank you soooo much for everyone who made it possible.:thumb_yello:

I gave Mika a present wrapped in christmas paper and I said Merry christmas! He said Oh a present. I had written on the paper to Mika from Mireille Geha thinking that I might not be able to give it to him in person. So he read the name out loud and he said have we met before? I should have said yes in another life: you were romeo and I was Juliette:teehee:, but I just said no. He said I know the name. And I said I tweet to you a lot:teehee:. Then he opened it. It's a willow tree sculpture called Happiness. I engraved on a base under it: Happiness is what you put in our hearts. Thanks Mika, your biggest fan Mireille Geha. He asked me if it was clay, I said I don't know I didn't make it I only bought it:teehee:. Then he thanked me and I asked for a hug, he said sure:blush-anim-cl:. I asked him if MFC could have their own gig next year, he said we will see, I don't know yet.After that he went on to speak to other fans. I stayed a couple of meters away and kept staring at him. I just couldn't get enough of him. I also said hello to Mrs Penniman and spoke to her in arabic. She offered some Lebanese sweets (Beklawa) to Kezc and myself. On the way leaving I said to Cherisse Bye she said see you next year.

Thank you Mika for putting a smile on our dial:wub2:

One of the sweetest reports ever:wub2:

Oh! What a night!

This made me smile:roftl:

Oh! What a night!

so incredible!!!:biggrin2:

Loving all the reports and CHANCE meetings:shocked:...isn't that enough to make you believe in fate or something:naughty:

Mouselle, is there more of yours on its way??...I am holding my breath here:wub2:

Ellenify, that is so amazing. I'm impressed with your being able to think coherently and make the most of your 2 minutes so unexpectedly. Well done for thinking!

Blue Sky, I'm sorry. Real life got in the way. I've barely started writing the concert part, so it might take me another half an hour or so. I'm going to start straight away, so hang around if you can!

And - I missed you. i was so hoping you would be able to make it to the concert...

Going now...

Edited by Blue Sky

It was heaven I do apologise from Mici ,Flossy and Kezc if I had annoyed them with my constant jumping

:naughty: I always feel apologetic too with my constant jumping.

we were then taken by owen (not really sure what he does) to the stage to practice and show him our dancing .

Omigod - where's babspanky - she needs to read this part! :roftl:

we were split in pairs and went on from either side , i was with tegan . he told us we had to shake our bums and just do massive exaggerated moves. jimmy spotted me and spoke to me again. he said i was really good and asked whether i had done something like that before , i told him i hadnt and he said that i should go on stage more often (which is actually my biggest dream). he gave me a hug and kiss and i went spoke to other people then mika came out and he signed my t-shirt and cds and i got a hug

You got hugs and kisses! *Wonders if Mana has read your report* :naughty:

The planets they had in the US had not made the trip, and they were painting flat circles to take their place. Annie casually asked if they would like any help, as we would happily help, as would the other MFCers idly sitting in line. Owen said that since they had had a posse of MFCers helping to paint in the states, it was worth asking, and he’d let us know. Unfortunately the answer came back that if we had offered at 11am our help would have been welcomed, but they only had 3 more to paint and were nearly finished. (You can guess how early I might arrive at the next gig!!!!) As the answer was negative, and queue was buzzing with Big Girl excitement, we did not share the (sadly extinct) possibility with the others.

Your detailed reports are FAB!

So the planets we painted never made it.:sad: Ah well...thanks for the confirmation about their fate and that the planets this time around are flat.

Oh! What a night!

I may not of met him at the show, but I still got my 2min convo with him

Wow. That's quite a story! :shocked:

Loving all these reports. Such detail too!

Edited by Suzy

Oh! What a night!

This post really made my day. What a cute, chance meeting. Lovely :wub2:.

Part 3 The concert. (Overview) probably to be skipped unless you reallly do like detail!

I thought today about how I had been speaking with everyone before the concert and I had total confidence as I assured them that this concert would be one of the very best of their life. Oh wow, was that ever true!!!!!

The couch arrived on stage, and I enjoyed listening to the speculation about how Mika must be curled up in it ready to spring out at any moment. But he didn’t spring! There were mutters about how long it was taking him to leap out – but he didn’t. .. Soon the band gathered, and I enjoyed the interplay on the couch. The people behind me were so puzzled – they had no clue what it was all about. They were not MFCers, and it was fun listening to them being so confused.

Then the spaceman arrived, and wearily took off his suit. He plodded offstage (from my POV) – the raised platform at the back extended off the side of the stage.

Then he exploded onto the stage and dashed to the front and just went for it! The audience went wild, and it never stopped after that!

Overview – Every now and then Mika kind of turned and looked and listened and blazed with joy as he took a moment to realize how much the audience was involved in the music. I also took a moment around then (but not at that precise time, so as not to miss his reactions) to turn and see the audience and see what he was seeing. It was incredible.

(IMO, Aussie audiences generally make tough crowds. The front few rows get involved, but as you move back, even in the standing zone, the cool folk and non-dancers are just standing there and absorbing. And in the balconies, in the seated areas, there is no hope of much audience interaction. People in seats feel really constrained to sit still and behave themselves. An artist who can get any of the seated folk moving for longer than a few bars is extremely rare. Sometimes they manage a whole hit single of activity, but then the seats attract, and the folks sit down. )

At first, it was the standard result, but as the evening progressed, it very quickly became clear how contagious Mika is, and for the last few songs and the end it seemed ot me that the whole crowd was ecstatically on its feet and waving arms.

And singing.

I’ve never heard anything like it. From the beginning, every song, every word was being sung by enough of the audience to make it very clear to Mika and the band how well the entire crowd knew it all. I think it was Dr John that clinched it for me. It’s not being touted as a single, but it was the first song he played from the new album, and there was no lessening in the crowd volume at all!!! Same for Pick Up Off The Floor. If any two were going to be unknowns, I would have picked them. But everyone obviously loves them all.

So we had the songs, where Mika and the band were louder than the audience singing, but if you really wanted to concentrate fully and totally on hearing Mika, a little bit of effort was required. (That includes the effort to escape the draw of the voices and the need to join in again and be involved in the joy.) And then he would finish a song and the applause would start, and it did not stop until he started speaking or the first bars of the next song began, and we waited for the right moment to begin the singing. And it was singing, except for where Mika deliberately raised our volume, and we had to be louder. He was using us as a strong backing voice for his harmonies and we did it! That seems rare to me, and it usually seems that when he starts to try the harmony, the audience tries to go with him, rather than supporting him. But we did it! He was braver with that more towards the end, as you would understand, but wow!

And it’s not that the speaker volume was low. I was singing and screaming, and could only hear myself as a thin thread of sound. It was just the number of us involved that made us so loud. Have I said wow enough times yet?

I usually spend the entirety of a concert being a silent, listening, engrossed person. I stand further back and listen. I don’t sing as my voice is appalling, and the more effort I put into singing, the less I seem to be able to pay real attention to the singer. This time, I lost all that. I just had this massive compulsion to show Mika every time he glanced my way that I knew every word, and was having the best time of my life. I screamed so much I have a sore throat and husky voice. And I still feel as though I lived every song with him and paid full attention to every word. The only song I managed to be mostly still for was I See You, and that was hard to do, but I needed to be able to remember that I had appreciated the song as much as I possibly could.

I’m feeling overwhelmed at the memory again, and I’m not sure where to begin next, so I’ll post this and think some more.

Hey my name is Kylie. I am new to the fan club. I was a Big Girl last night and had the best time ever. All the members of the club are beautiful people and made me feel so welcome. We were sitting out the front of the waiting for the concert to start. Would have to say sitting out the front with the fan club was the best thing I have ever done. As I was sitting out the front Tegan asked me if I would like to try out to be a Big Girl. We went back stage where I met Mika's mum. She is such a wonderful lady. Sitting Back stage waiting to go on is when the nerves really set in. I would have to say it wasn't for the other 3 beautiful girls that were dancing with me on stage I don't think I would have been able to do it. We were sitting out the back and I saw Mika walk past OMG. It came to the time when we had to actually get changed the feeling is unreal. We heard the music start my heart started racing then it came time to dance. I went out there nice and scared lol only to find out that I had a ball. :biggrin2:

Once again I would like to thank the Fan Club for making me feel so welcome and will enjoy reading all the reports. Hope to catch to you all again soon .

Hey my name is Kylie. I am new to the fan club. I was a Big Girl last night and had the best time ever. All the members of the club are beautiful people and made me feel so welcome. We were sitting out the front of the waiting for the concert to start. Would have to say sitting out the front with the fan club was the best thing I have ever done. As I was sitting out the front Tegan asked me if I would like to try out to be a Big Girl. We went back stage where I met Mika's mum. She is such a wonderful lady. Sitting Back stage waiting to go on is when the nerves really set in. I would have to say it wasn't for the other 3 beautiful girls that were dancing with me on stage I don't think I would have been able to do it. We were sitting out the back and I saw Mika walk past OMG. It came to the time when we had to actually get changed the feeling is unreal. We heard the music start my heart started racing then it came time to dance. I went out there nice and scared lol only to find out that I had a ball. :biggrin2:

Once again I would like to thank the Fan Club for making me feel so welcome and will enjoy reading all the reports. Hope to catch to you all again soon .

hey there what colour were you? makes it easier to seee you

<pleased you had fun>:biggrin2:

oh great lord! i thought you were a new italian fan!:teehee:

welcome! :thumb_yello:

have you introduced yourself already? here?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3