The fans Mika deserves

mouselle

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can go with that, it makes perfect sense in my head too, feels nice and comfy!:roftl:

Now that's very comforting. I haven't gone entirely mad, then. :original:

Oh yes, that was the sweetest thing.:wub2: And every time I think about it I believe it was because of the wonderful design of the T-shirt!

I hope it was the T-shirt :teehee:

You remember!?:teehee::wub2:

Of course!! :wub2:

Without your encouragement in the fall of 2007 I would never have stayed and waited for him after the concert, but I did and I don't regret it!:blush-anim-cl:

Little did I know there was so much more to come in that department!:teehee:

I know, little did you imagine everything that was to happen, he? :lmfao:

I'd say like bobspanky that I'd rather enjoy what's going on than analysing it! But one thing came back to my mind and I just had to add that Mika has kept his inner child alive and that's what I love about him!

thanks for reminding me!:doh: I like to say it's like he's kept the best of it and mixed it with his grown up self:naughty:

See, he did it again - without even being here :aah:

I'm thinking without this place -- I would've had PMD so bad. I'm very sensitive and I just thought, wow I am going to be miserable when I have finally had my mika experience.

But I didn't ! Just reliving it and thinking about it, it helps! :wub2: MFC is good for many things.

so i'll say here what has just been said to me in another thread... and i thought I was analyzing too much! :roftl:

well, but i DO love analyzing. :naughty: so, why did i first join? music and pretty boy and charisma, and a category that's missing imo: gig addiction. :roftl: seriously, if i had to choose between watching his gig or meeting him, i'd choose the gig in most cases. except of course if "meeting him" meant sth like spending several hours in his company while painting planets. :naughty: maybe because the gigs are such a fab mixture of many of those categories. you get the whole package there. :wub2:

anyway, later, when i found out more about mika, the "outsider, but still mainstream" bit was added. and definitely also the "intellectual and thoughtful" bit. i couldn't break it down to one category for me - it's like, one of them makes me buy his cd's, one of them makes me spend hours on the forum, one of them makes me want to meet him, one of them makes me want to support him in any way i can, one of them makes me want to watch his gig, maybe another one makes me want to watch dozens of his gigs. etc. etc. - one reason wouldn't be enough for all those things i'm doing. :bleh:

No, absolutely not. That's not a public appearance!

I was just curious :wink2: There seems to be quite a large range of approaches when it comes to the wish of meeting Mika.

I'm thinking without this place -- I would've had PMD so bad. I'm very sensitive and I just thought, wow I am going to be miserable when I have finally had my mika experience.

But I didn't ! Just reliving it and thinking about it, it helps! :wub2: MFC is good for many things.

I keep getting it in spite of MFC. It never hit me like right after the last gig, though. :blink:

I was just curious :wink2: There seems to be quite a large range of approaches when it comes to the wish of meeting Mika.

I keep getting it in spite of MFC. It never hit me like right after the last gig, though. :blink:

That sucks! :sad:

I get like depression after vacations, you think something I have wanted for so long would depress me afterwards... but I kept telling myself, You have no idea how lucky you are. You got to see mika, ACTUAL mika. Like. M I K A . MIKA. Like oh my god !!!!

That sucks! :sad:

I get like depression after vacations, you think something I have wanted for so long would depress me afterwards... but I kept telling myself, You have no idea how lucky you are. You got to see mika, ACTUAL mika. Like. M I K A . MIKA. Like oh my god !!!!

Funny you mention vacations. I fell into a really big hole after having spent a week in Disneyland a few years ago. This is ridiculous but I swear it happened. :biggrin2:

I don't hear reports from people who don't line up, but do hang around watching the gear being unloaded, chatting to the roadies and technicians, and catching Mika as he goes in for the soundcheck.

that's because he often doesn't stop for long (if at all) before the gigs, it's not his time for meeting fans, he wants to rest his voice... so there's just not much to report about seeing him walk out of the car and into the venue. :bleh: you can find some reports about ppl seeing/meeting him before the show though, this year it happened for example in berlin, milan, and oakland. :wink2:

:roftl:

I love that some things seem to fascinate him that much - in a way that reminds me of a child:biggrin2:

yeah i'm just like him when it comes to that, probably even worse - show me something fluffy and you'll know what i mean. :naughty::roftl:

Funny you mention vacations. I fell into a really big hole after having spent a week in Disneyland a few years ago. This is ridiculous but I swear it happened. :biggrin2:

:shocked: It was the Disney cruise that did it to me!!

Twinz. :pinkbow::pinkbow:

Happiest place on earth...

until you leave. :roftl:

There are indeed a large number of approaches to everything Mika.

I like to stick with my theme of staying nice, and polite, and within what Mika wants, while still getting what I want!:thumb_yello:

I am undecided about airports. I think they are private, but if he keeps tweeting about his flights I may change my mind one day!

It's probably a question for John or Mrs Penniman next opportunity I get, which may take a while coming.

I'll try to comment on the bolded bits or otherwise this will get way too long...

Mika has said that he is happy to be waited for at any of his public appearances. That includes radio and tv as well as concerts.

It may be that your experience is different than mine, so I can only speak for what I know. From various concert reports, MFCers willingly line up for hours before a show to show their devotion, get hot chocolate, and of course, get a prime positon in front of the stage.

I have honestly never, ever heard him say that. If you have, please point me towards the interview or video where he said it. Also, he is always polite and friendly, and he may well be happy to meet us on these occasions sometimes, but I have it in good authority that he would not be very happy with large, organised "welcome commitees" on these instances.

Mika is always nice and polite to us fans, because he is a genuinely nice guy who is also smart and savy, but what he is REALLY thinking may be a totally different thing.

Quite frankly, if everyone would now take this cue and go wait for him at any scheduled public appearance, I can guarantee that he wouldn't take long to totally hide away on those occasions. The mobbing after gigs is more than enough :teehee:.

I don't hear reports from people who don't line up, but do hang around watching the gear being unloaded, chatting to the roadies and technicians, and catching Mika as he goes in for the soundcheck.

I've done that both times, and am still unhappy that I was late (1pm, not 11.30 am) getting to the Enmore Theatre, because I potentially could have spent a few happy hours painting circles with the Penniman family.

The fact that you don't hear reports about it doesn't mean that it's not happening.

At every gig that I have been, there have been people constantly hanging around the back/side entrances, waiting for Mika and chatting to everyone who surrounds the 'operation. It's happening all the time. Have you not seen the manhy videos that people have even posted? In some cases there are as many people waiting for him at these times as there are after the gig, and in any case it's always a substantial enough number of fans to make it impossible to cross more than a word or two (when lucky!) with him.

For the record, these are the same people who are simultaneously "queuing" at the front fo the venue. And this goes on from the early hours of the morning on gig day.

So, my experience is that waiting earlier is better, as few do it and the opportunity to chat with lovely people is not that hard to find.

I can't say what I would do if I lived in London, for example, but I do know that if I intend to meet Mika, I am responsible for making it happen.

This may be the case in Australia, but certainly not in Europe (or in North America judging by the few gigs that I did there). Situations are very different here, so these tactics don't work. Most MFC'ers going to gigs and events are there the whole day and speak to everyone, and yet the Mika moments are virtually zilch :wink2:.

very_fluffy_bunny1.jpg

ok that rather made me LOL a lot! :lmao: :lmao: but: awww, how cuuute, fluff, puschel!!! w00t.pngw00t.pngw00t.png

:naughty:

ok, doesn't come across that well in the forum. but believe me, my face really would look like w00t.png if you brought one of those to the next mika gig - and the poor thing wouldn't know what hit it, from me fluffing its fur all the time! :roftl:

that's because he often doesn't stop for long (if at all) before the gigs, it's not his time for meeting fans, he wants to rest his voice... so there's just not much to report about seeing him walk out of the car and into the venue. :bleh: you can find some reports about ppl seeing/meeting him before the show though, this year it happened for example in berlin, milan, and oakland. :wink2:

What that means to me, is that it's always going to be worth the wait, just in case. I don't have any rights, and I don't deserve anything from him. But if I keep putting myself in the right position to take advantage of opportunities, then I am there to take them when they happen. If I give up before-hand and stay home, then I am guaranteed to miss out.

Archived