The fans Mika deserves

mouselle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i guess this fulfills all your fixations: carrots, tomatoes, chicken...

i3b9jo.jpg

This picture is still making me LMFAO :lmfao:

You're a genius, Wonka, a genius :naughty:. I think that you should make a book for Mika which gathers all these crazy screencaps that you make of him and his things, and give it to him as a present. If he has any sense of humour he'd love it :roftl:

Slooooowly reading through this thread..

That sucks! :sad:

I get like depression after vacations, you think something I have wanted for so long would depress me afterwards... but I kept telling myself, You have no idea how lucky you are. You got to see mika, ACTUAL mika. Like. M I K A . MIKA. Like oh my god !!!!

I'm exactly the same!! I'd heard alot about PMGD but i'm just like - well, the same as you!

very_fluffy_bunny1.jpg

*gigglesnort*

...was amusing myself wondering if MFCers would agree that Mika deserves us in all our variety and glory. I also wonder - are we the fans he expected?...

Yeah I think so (that Mika deserves us in all our variety and glory), not sure what he expected though, I am pretty impressed with a lot of the things I see and hear from Mika fans though, and whatever he expected, how could he not be happy.

It's to soon to tell, but I like to ponder. Major artists in their early unfashionable years often have an eclectic crowd who examine the new attraction dispassionately and are quite intellectual and objective in their discussions. As the artist's popularity grows, these fans often wander off, unwilling to take part in the extreme and unthinking fandom which follows increased popularity.

Or maybe they don’t wander off, they just get lost in the crowd, and when there are such a large number of people, you can no longer appreciate each one for their individual merits, and grouping them is the only way to get your head around the whole phenomenon. The infinite ideas and personalities are still there overlapping and hidden within the general groups.

There are a lot of extremely talented, intellegent and interesting people who have become Mika’s fans. And he not only deserves them, but I think he would want them, even hand pick them for himself. There are also a lot of fans that he may not be so keen on having. And probably does not deserve as a reflection of him, but he is still entitled to have them, and deserves them as much as any artist deserves a large devoted following, and success.

A lot of people claim to be misfits, but when it comes down to it, their talent and charm earns them friends/fans and respect. There are ‘cool’ misfits, that are interesting and people make the effort for, and they find similar misfits to relate to, but this means hey are no longer misfits, they are popular and adored, and I think they lose touch with the misfit they once were.

And then there are true misfits that no one wants to know about, things never fall into place for them, they may not be charming or creative, or smart or friendly, or have anything to offer anyone. But they still deserve to be interested in Mika and his music and I think that anyone who has found something special enough in Mika to call themself a fan, is a fan Mika deserves.

Yeah I think so (that Mika deserves us in all our variety and glory), not sure what he expected though, I am pretty impressed with a lot of the things I see and hear from Mika fans though, and whatever he expected, how could he not be happy.

Or maybe they don’t wander off, they just get lost in the crowd, and when there are such a large number of people, you can no longer appreciate each one for their individual merits, and grouping them is the only way to get your head around the whole phenomenon. The infinite ideas and personalities are still there overlapping and hidden within the general groups.

There are a lot of extremely talented, intellegent and interesting people who have become Mika’s fans. And he not only deserves them, but I think he would want them, even hand pick them for himself. There are also a lot of fans that he may not be so keen on having. And probably does not deserve as a reflection of him, but he is still entitled to have them, and deserves them as much as any artist deserves a large devoted following, and success.

A lot of people claim to be misfits, but when it comes down to it, their talent and charm earns them friends/fans and respect. There are ‘cool’ misfits, that are interesting and people make the effort for, and they find similar misfits to relate to, but this means hey are no longer misfits, they are popular and adored, and I think they lose touch with the misfit they once were.

And then there are true misfits that no one wants to know about, things never fall into place for them, they may not be charming or creative, or smart or friendly, or have anything to offer anyone. But they still deserve to be interested in Mika and his music and I think that anyone who has found something special enough in Mika to call themself a fan, is a fan Mika deserves.

Do you know, I think this is the longest post I've ever seen from you?

Anyway, I like your theories. I agree that there are misfits and then there are misfits, and the two aren't necessarily the same thing. I've often felt like a misfit, but I realise I'm fairly mainstream after all. We do have a few "true" misfits around here, who don't seem to gel with the broader MFC community. A lot of the time they seem to end up banned, or they go away of their own accord.

Haha, maybe that should be the definition of misfit. Whether you are "out there" enough to get banned from the MFC:aah::roftl:

(I'm joking mods, just joking:mf_rosetinted:)

You know, that is funny cause I always type heaps, then delete most of it.

That is actually only half what I wrote - people take things the wrong way, and get upset - more easily on forums than IRL, so its easier to leave a lot of stuff out.

Leave it in next time!! For one thing, I'm curious to see what you write that you delete. And, yes, people do take things the wrong way, but that's the forum all over. I've disagreed with people or taken things the wrong way, and generally been able to sort it out. There's only one person that I know of who has refused to try and sort something out with me and who has blocked me. And I can't change how she sees things, so I decided it wasn't worth worrying about. Most other people are fairly reasonable most of the time:biggrin2:

Besides, I'll fight in your corner if I need to :boxing:

:pinkbow:

:mf_rosetinted:

:biggrin2:

I couldn't agree more. Especially with the wandering off vs. getting lost in the crowd thought.

Generally, when it comes to the question which fans are worthy or not, I think the quality thought is rather counterproductive. And a bit presumptuous, too. What does it take to be a 'good' fan as in being 'deserved' by Mika, anyway? IMHO, noone has the right to decide upon that, because we are all individuals with different mindsets and experiences and opinions that are built from those. I bet for each of the members reading and posting more or less regularly, there's at least one other MFCer they find obnoxious/seriously deluded/painfully attention seeking/patronizing/selfish/pathetic etc...

Others may see those people in a very different way. There's a lot of gray in between black and white.

So my personal answer to the question what fans Mika deserves would be 'all of them'. I think success is pretty much about quantity in this business. So, yes, he deserves everyone who buys his music and tickets to his shows. No matter if I or anyone else think they are special in one or another way.

You know, that is funny cause I always type heaps, then delete most of it.

That is actually only half what I wrote - people take things the wrong way, and get upset - more easily on forums than IRL, so its easier to leave a lot of stuff out.

Again, I think the same. I deleted quite a few essays over the time before hitting submit. Some teacup storms can be avoided and some things are better left unsaid. Not everything I read needs my extended comment. Doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about it.

I've disagreed with people or taken things the wrong way, and generally been able to sort it out.

I just can’t be bothered with all the angst. I would rather keep this place :mf_rosetinted:

So anyone who wants to belong to the MFC as a ‘misfit’ you don’t have to be banned, you just have to be considered unworthy of being here, its only then that you are actually worthy of being here. :blink:

Generally, when it comes to the question which fans are worthy or not, I think the quality thought is rather counterproductive. And a bit presumptuous, too. What does it take to be a 'good' fan as in being 'deserved' by Mika, anyway? IMHO, noone has the right to decide upon that, because we are all individuals with different mindsets and experiences and opinions that are built from those.

Very true.

I think I went off on a tangent a little though, I think the original post was wondering more, what sort of reflection of Mika can you see in his fans, and is it a reflection that is recognisable as him, what does it say about him? Rather than are we good enough. (it still feels a little like ‘are we good enough’ though, I think that is why so many responded with ‘no one deserves me’ comments, a ‘how dare you’ in a friendly way)

It doesn’t feel great to be bundled into a big mass and labelled, but at the same time, I want to be in that group because I do share the fundamental quality required to be in it, loving what Mika does.

Do you know, I think this is the longest post I've ever seen from you?

Anyway, I like your theories. I agree that there are misfits and then there are misfits, and the two aren't necessarily the same thing. I've often felt like a misfit, but I realise I'm fairly mainstream after all. We do have a few "true" misfits around here, who don't seem to gel with the broader MFC community. A lot of the time they seem to end up banned, or they go away of their own accord.

Haha, maybe that should be the definition of misfit. Whether you are "out there" enough to get banned from the MFC:aah::roftl:

(I'm joking mods, just joking:mf_rosetinted:)

:sneaky2: good thing you are joking! :roftl:

the thing is, nobody gets banned for being misfits, they are banned for not following the forum's guidelines. they are quite simple and easy to follow.

we all have 2 choices:

1) respect them

2) ignore them.... and that's when the banning happens :wink2:

I couldn't agree more. Especially with the wandering off vs. getting lost in the crowd thought.

Generally, when it comes to the question which fans are worthy or not, I think the quality thought is rather counterproductive. And a bit presumptuous, too. What does it take to be a 'good' fan as in being 'deserved' by Mika, anyway? IMHO, noone has the right to decide upon that, because we are all individuals with different mindsets and experiences and opinions that are built from those. I bet for each of the members reading and posting more or less regularly, there's at least one other MFCer they find obnoxious/seriously deluded/painfully attention seeking/patronizing/selfish/pathetic etc...

Others may see those people in a very different way. There's a lot of gray in between black and white.

So my personal answer to the question what fans Mika deserves would be 'all of them'. I think success is pretty much about quantity in this business. So, yes, he deserves everyone who buys his music and tickets to his shows. No matter if I or anyone else think they are special in one or another way.

Again, I think the same. I deleted quite a few essays over the time before hitting submit. Some teacup storms can be avoided and some things are better left unsaid. Not everything I read needs my extended comment. Doesn't mean I don't have an opinion about it.

Very wise words.

Maybe my life is just too boring and I feel the need to have storms in teacups.... You know, just for a little excitement:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

I just can’t be bothered with all the angst. I would rather keep this place :mf_rosetinted:

So anyone who wants to belong to the MFC as a ‘misfit’ you don’t have to be banned, you just have to be considered unworthy of being here, its only then that you are actually worthy of being here. :blink:

Very true.

I think I went off on a tangent a little though, I think the original post was wondering more, what sort of reflection of Mika can you see in his fans, and is it a reflection that is recognisable as him, what does it say about him? Rather than are we good enough. (it still feels a little like ‘are we good enough’ though, I think that is why so many responded with ‘no one deserves me’ comments, a ‘how dare you’ in a friendly way)

It doesn’t feel great to be bundled into a big mass and labelled, but at the same time, I want to be in that group because I do share the fundamental quality required to be in it, loving what Mika does.

Exactly. Who wants to be just a faceless number in a crowd? But as you say, that becomes a whole different topic.

:sneaky2: good thing you are joking! :roftl:

the thing is, nobody gets banned for being misfits, they are banned for not following the forum's guidelines. they are quite simple and easy to follow.

we all have 2 choices:

1) respect them

2) ignore them.... and that's when the banning happens :wink2:

I knew I'd get in trouble for that eventually:aah: :teehee:

And I'm glad that you all know that I'm not advocating being an obnoxious git who can't be bothered following the guidelines, in some misguided attempt to prove how much of a misfit you are and therefore how much you actually "belong" here or are a worthy Mika fan.:naughty:

I knew I'd get in trouble for that eventually:aah: :teehee:

And I'm glad that you all know that I'm not advocating being an obnoxious git who can't be bothered following the guidelines, in some misguided attempt to prove how much of a misfit you are and therefore how much you actually "belong" here or are a worthy Mika fan.:naughty:

:lmfao: you knew it??? then the naughty corner for you missy moo!

hmm what's a git? :teehee:

Goodness! I got sent to the naughty corner?? Wow, there's a first:teehee: And I didn't even know until today.

OK, spose I'd better put in an appearance.

:lmfao: better late then never! :naughty:

willywonka will let you in and show you where everything is in there! :thumb_yello:

Archived