The fans Mika deserves

mouselle

I definitely have to write a section on the attraction of the music. I am not sure how to describe what sort of fans that makes us. 'Music lovers' is a bit too general.

To be honest, I don't think a lot of fans who have settled down here are of the sort 'I love him solely for his music'. I like the music of many bands and singers but that doesn't make me want to join a fan forum. I think it's hard to grasp or put down in words but I guess it takes more than 'just the music' to make people sign up to a fanclub. Or to make them stay.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mika's Music - belatedly, it occurs to me that I need a section on the attraction of Mika's music. A lot of fans say they are here for the music. 'Music lover' is a bit general - there's an awful lot of it out there that we won't like. I've talked about the musicianship and skill level in another category, so this is probably about how his music makes us feel and how we relate to it.

So, I'll call us the fans who want the emotions Mika's music gives us. Are we realting to the happiness of the music or the sadness of the lyrics, or more complexly to the combination?

To be honest, I don't think a lot of fans who have settled down here are of the sort 'I love him solely for his music'. I like the music of many bands and singers but that doesn't make me want to join a fan forum. I think it's hard to grasp or put down in words but I guess it takes more than 'just the music' to make people sign up to a fanclub. Or to make them stay.

Yeah! If mika created amazing music like he does, but was a total d*ckhead and was rude to people, I wouldn't join a fanclub...

Looove Michael buble's music.

Don't looove Michael buble. :naughty:

I agree! Pinning it down for evaluation is difficult! We are all individual in our reasons, and I am trying to see if there are a few blankets we can throw over groups of us, when we are all running in different directions!

Yeah! If mika created amazing music like he does, but was a total d*ckhead and was rude to people, I wouldn't join a fanclub...

Looove Michael buble's music.

Don't looove Michael buble. :naughty:

Yeah, I have to agree. Time was when I could avidly follow a group (Bon Jovi!! :roftl:) and not care anything about how they thought, or what sort of people they are!

Now, I've got a very few that I want to know more about, and only this one that I really want to know more about!:blush-anim-cl:

I agree! Pinning it down for evaluation is difficult! We are all individual in our reasons, and I am trying to see if there are a few blankets we can throw over groups of us, when we are all running in different directions!

I really like that image! :original:

Yeah, I have to agree. Time was when I could avidly follow a group (Bon Jovi!! :roftl:) and not care anything about how they thought, or what sort of people they are!

Now, I've got a very few that I want to know more about, and only this one that I really want to know more about!:blush-anim-cl:

Exactly! I remember wanting to know more about Mika because he just seems so unique and genuine, so i figured MFC would get me there.

I have never felt this way before! I always had a hard time having something I reeeeally liked, Like when i was little I love spice girls, but I never owned a CD or commited to a fanship-relationship with them... I went through my phases of loving different groups, But farthest I went with those is maybe a CD , but never merchandise like I own with Mika, or a fanclub. It is just crazy to me!

There's something about this guy, and he's special! :wub2:

I don't feel as a "category"; I'm like Mika; I don't like labels! I am just myself! Concidreing my MFC name and if I have to be in one category though; I'll be a deep hardcore fan I guess...his songs really brighten up my life everyday...that's why I love Mika! His music makes me happy and his lyrics always remind me of how I've felt in such or such moment of my life...or remind me of my feelings for such or such person...his songs are like lullabies for me....he made me feel alive, after so many years "sleeping through a dull life"...obviously Mika is cute and lovable too! The more I listen to his interviews, the more I like his personality...he's so genuine and real! I like his outlook on life! I hope I'll get to attend one of his concerts some day and hopefully exchange a few words with him (I might not be able to talk though!) and hopefully get a pic with him and an autograph on one of his CDs. I think no singer is as sweet as Mika with his fans, taking time for m&g and offering ice creams or hot chocolate!

Mika's songs and MFCers here make my life happier! What else can I say? I'd love to know what gift he got; maybe a to fu doll?

This thread is so serious but interesting! I do hope Mika's got the fans he deserves! He's the best so he deserves the best fans!

Remember the whole MFC vs. Mikasounds deal? :lmfao:

I find that quite amusing now. :teehee:

Oh gosh, yes, that was quite the drama too :lmfao:

I totally second that. I have also liked many bands or singers in my life, and I never actually signed up to a fanclub before this, and I would have never seen myself posting in a forum, never mind doing it for over 2 years :roftl:. In fact, no matter how much I like other artists post Mika, I haven't done that for them either.

IMO, the reason why Mika attracts all these loyal fans who travel the world to see him and feel this strong allegiance is explained by his incredible charisma, and the fact that he has this really strong and sweet personality that shines through. Everyone who has ever been a part of his entourage or worked with him has so many good things to say about him, and everyone who has met him if even very briefly, seems touched by his charm. He just posesses "something" and people fall under his net. As simple as that. Is it a cult??? :mf_lustslow:

Exactly! I remember wanting to know more about Mika because he just seems so unique and genuine, so i figured MFC would get me there.

I have never felt this way before! I always had a hard time having something I reeeeally liked, Like when i was little I love spice girls, but I never owned a CD or commited to a fanship-relationship with them... I went through my phases of loving different groups, But farthest I went with those is maybe a CD , but never merchandise like I own with Mika, or a fanclub. It is just crazy to me!

There's something about this guy, and he's special! :wub2:

exactly the same! i did have one CD and a tiny purse though....

i wanted to join MFC cos when i left the gig in 2007 i felt like i had finally found my kind of music... i couldn't join until this year though cos we didn't have the internet... :sneaky2::aah:

I totally second that. I have also liked many bands or singers in my life, and I never actually signed up to a fanclub before this, and I would have never seen myself posting in a forum, never mind doing it for over 2 years :roftl:. In fact, no matter how much I like other artists post Mika, I haven't done that for them either.

IMO, the reason why Mika attracts all these loyal fans who travel the world to see him and feel this strong allegiance is explained by his incredible charisma, and the fact that he has this really strong and sweet personality that shines through. Everyone who has ever been a part of his entourage or worked with him has so many good things to say about him, and everyone who has met him if even very briefly, seems touched by his charm. He just posesses "something" and people fall under his net. As simple as that. Is it a cult??? :mf_lustslow:

You and I both did different versions of one HELL of a fangurly post !! :lmfao::wub2:

:roftl:So we're talking about a cult of personality now!!:shocked:

I love it! :roftl:

The music gives us an official reason to be here, and is the hook he casts into the world, but really, we are just followers overwhelmed by his charisma and charm!!!! :teehee:

You and I both did different versions of one HELL of a fangurly post !! :lmfao::wub2:

We're fangurl twins :mf_lustslow:

You are so not kidding:mf_rosetinted:

She's not :thumb_yello:. She was talking about eating fingers at Mika's request in another thread a minute ago.

Remind me never to go to a gig in Toronto again :lmfao:Although that would suck; Of the 3 times he's played there, I've been at 2 of them and they were totally :wub2:

I'm off to bed. You scary woman:mf_rosetinted:

Sleep with one eye open *brandishes ketchup bottle*

We're fangurl twins :mf_lustslow:

She's not :thumb_yello:. She was talking about eating fingers at Mika's request in another thread a minute ago.

Remind me never to go to a gig in Toronto again :lmfao:Although that would suck; Of the 3 times he's played there, I've been at 2 of them and they were totally :wub2:

I WAS KIDDING!! :lmfao:

I'm not some weird cannibal fan. :shun:

A "fannibal." :lmfao:

Isn't it scary that the whole hype can be put down to just being charismatic? :aah: It sounds almost technical and at the same time it hits the nail on the head.

I bet that for the majority of regulars on this forum this is the reason that brought them here and made them stay. And I'm sure that everyone would give it a different name. I, for instance would use 'unjaded', 'real', 'genuine', 'credible' and 'warm' a lot. :wub2:

As with everything, you have the nice, patient fans who will get rewarded in the end but not on short term and the rude, impolite fans who will go over dead bodies to reach Mika.:mf_rosetinted:

Also as nice polite people who have Mika's interests at heart, we know that when he has time, he much prefers not be mobbed. However, when time is limited, he is forced to deal with those who are right in front of him. Once we know both those things, we can then tailor our actions to give us the result we want.

Do we want feel good about how polite we are, and assure ourselves that we will win in the long term? Or do we accept that as his popularity grows, and the crowds increase in size, we may have to either abandon our principles and act rudely to achieve our other goal of meeting him, or accept that we never will? Or hunt for alternatives, such as lobbying for fanclub privileges,or increasing our waiting time when others are not around?

As a nice polite person, I will still go to extreme lengths to meet Mika politely, like starting to wait for his arrival many hours before he is due. If I go above and beyond the ordinary, then my experiences are not ordinary. I see it as being all about what is important to me. My priorities dictate my actions. I want to meet Mika face to face, and that will always be more important to me than being first in line in the queue.

The rude, impolite, dead body fans tend to be there when the waiting is easy and obvious, after the show.

Isn't it scary that the whole hype can be put down to just being charismatic? :aah: It sounds almost technical and at the same time it hits the nail on the head.

I bet that for the majority of regulars on this forum this is the reason that brought them here and made them stay. And I'm sure that everyone would give it a different name. I, for instance would use 'unjaded', 'real', 'genuine', 'credible' and 'warm' a lot. :wub2:

Me too, but that charisma just sucks us all in!!

I like you being here! :thumb_yello: And I'll try to deserve you! :wub2:

If you read my categories, do you think you fit into any of them? If not, would you care to suggest another category that you think does fit? Maybe you are not as alone as you think you are! You could be our only chance to find the most important Mika group of all! :mf_rosetinted:

So, what attracts you to Mika? Which aspect is the most important to you?

Well I do love his music, he's undoubtably good looking and very charming and charismatic.

It was his music that knocked me sideways before I had ever seen what he looked like or heard him speak, having said that, I think now it's the whole package so I don't know that I fit into any of those categories.

I don't like to analyse too much though, just enjoy.

Archived