The fans Mika deserves

mouselle

Me and my captions...

No one deserves a fan like me...

Poor Mika...:naughty:

I think that an artist who loves cartoons and animations as much as Mika is going to be rather fond of a fan who thinks and has a sense of humor, and can produce pictures like you!:wub2:

I hope you would think he deserves you - it's a compliment to him!

not sure if I explained that right -

IMO a fan who is creative is a higher class of fan for an artist to have, than the fan who is not creative. (And please understand, I'm calling myself low-class, not the readers of this thread!)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't it scary that the whole hype can be put down to just being charismatic? :aah: It sounds almost technical and at the same time it hits the nail on the head.

I bet that for the majority of regulars on this forum this is the reason that brought them here and made them stay. And I'm sure that everyone would give it a different name. I, for instance would use 'unjaded', 'real', 'genuine', 'credible' and 'warm' a lot. :wub2:

First thing my mom said to me after our gig, "He really puts on a good show isn't he? He has a lot of energy."

He is just so infectious :wub2:

Charisma is a perfect word for him, he has a great attitude towards life and I just adore him !! :wub2:

Oh gawd, it's 2007 allllover again. :aah:

Well I do love his music, he's undoubtably good looking and very charming and charismatic.

It was his music that knocked me sideways before I had ever seen what he looked like or heard him speak, having said that, I think now it's the whole package so I don't know that I fit into any of those categories.

I don't like to analyse too much though, just enjoy.

But this is an anaylsis thread!!!:roftl: What else would I be doing in here?:naughty:

Haha, I might loose sleep over this!:naughty:

Why do I like Mika?

Why am I a member in his fan club?

Why have I travelled to so many concerts?

In what category am I?:shocked:

I could really need some help here!:biggrin2:

Why do I like Mika?

I forget why exactly I joined...

I just remember having to BEG my parents to join :roftl:

I've added sections to the second post on the front page, so it includes Music, Voice and Charisma.

I've added to the end of that post too, because we do seem to be fairly sure that charisma is a mjaor component of the attraction!

Do we agree that Mika deserves:

A horde of fans who chose him as cult leader and who indoctrinate others in the cult of Mika until they have taken over the world?

Why do I like Mika?

When you find out, let me know :naughty:

I think that an artist who loves cartoons and animations as much as Mika is going to be rather fond of a fan who thinks and has a sense of humor, and can produce pictures like you!:wub2:

I hope you would think he deserves you - it's a compliment to him!

not sure if I explained that right -

IMO a fan who is creative is a higher class of fan for an artist to have, than the fan who is not creative. (And please understand, I'm calling myself low-class, not the readers of this thread!)

Oh, now you're embarrassing me...:teehee::wink2::wub2:

I've added sections to the second post on the front page, so it includes Music, Voice and Charisma.

I've added to the end of that post too, because we do seem to be fairly sure that charisma is a mjaor component of the attraction!

You're forgetting the Butt section, quite as important as charisma...:biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

I forget why exactly I joined...

I just remember having to BEG my parents to join :roftl:

I just did it:roftl:

I have no idea in which category I'd be - actually really the whole package. I first got attracted by his music, but that alone really wouldn't make me want to join a forum. Yes, it's the charisma:naughty: He's such a great person:wub2: And I also love the art:wub2:

It certainly carries some of the common traits. - neglect your real life, spend aaall your money on the Mika circus :hypo: ....

Yeah I can see the cultish traits :roftl:

The music gives us an official reason to be here, and is the hook he casts into the world, but really, we are just followers overwhelmed by his charisma and charm!!!! :teehee:

That is a massive part of it, for sure

I'm not some weird cannibal fan.

A "fannibal." :lmfao:

:lmfao:Love it- and I also love your custom title, I just noticed it, hahaha!

Isn't it scary that the whole hype can be put down to just being charismatic? :aah: It sounds almost technical and at the same time it hits the nail on the head.

I bet that for the majority of regulars on this forum this is the reason that brought them here and made them stay. And I'm sure that everyone would give it a different name. I, for instance would use 'unjaded', 'real', 'genuine', 'credible' and 'warm' a lot. :wub2:

IT was certainly what made me come and have a look. I fell hook, line and syncher when I saw him at the Graham Norton show doing that Dustin Hoffman interview in April 2007 and singing Love Today :wub2:

Also as nice polite people who have Mika's interests at heart, we know that when he has time, he much prefers not be mobbed. However, when time is limited, he is forced to deal with those who are right in front of him. Once we know both those things, we can then tailor our actions to give us the result we want.

Do we want feel good about how polite we are, and assure ourselves that we will win in the long term? Or do we accept that as his popularity grows, and the crowds increase in size, we may have to either abandon our principles and act rudely to achieve our other goal of meeting him, or accept that we never will? Or hunt for alternatives, such as lobbying for fanclub privileges,or increasing our waiting time when others are not around?

As a nice polite person, I will still go to extreme lengths to meet Mika politely, like starting to wait for his arrival many hours before he is due. If I go above and beyond the ordinary, then my experiences are not ordinary. I see it as being all about what is important to me. My priorities dictate my actions. I want to meet Mika face to face, and that will always be more important to me than being first in line in the queue.

The rude, impolite, dead body fans tend to be there when the waiting is easy and obvious, after the show.

So, I ask this totally genuinely and with no hint of sarcasm, but I really want to know.

Which other opportunities are there, if not before/after a show (which is when he gets mobbed), that would not constitute harassing or stalking him?

:roftl:So we're talking about a cult of personality now!!:shocked:

I love it! :roftl:

The music gives us an official reason to be here, and is the hook he casts into the world, but really, we are just followers overwhelmed by his charisma and charm!!!! :teehee:

Charisma and charm. Yes. And musical and artistic talent and good looks. But for me: sense of humour and wit. The laughing and the grace. He's got a personality which lifts me up. Adorable, with that vulnerable side.

Well I do love his music, he's undoubtably good looking and very charming and charismatic.

It was his music that knocked me sideways before I had ever seen what he looked like or heard him speak, having said that, I think now it's the whole package so I don't know that I fit into any of those categories.

I don't like to analyse too much though, just enjoy.

No, bab, me neither :roftl:

You're forgetting the Butt section, quite as important as charisma...:biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

Ummm - the Butt section is fully covered under Pretty Boy, thank you very much! I know that section has a lot to cover, from Butt to curls to neck, nose, toes, whatever, but that's why so many fans fit into that group!

We charisma followers have a lot of competition, not the least of which is our own baser nature!

It certainly carries some of the common traits. - neglect your real life, spend aaall your money on the Mika circus :hypo: ....

A cult...but why not? Maybe it's a good thing to be in a cult once in a lifetime? I don't mind.:teehee:

I like him because of his music, his lyrics and very much his voice!

There is something about the rhythm in some of his melodies that just goes straight to my soul!:wub2:

Being a member of his fan club has not so much to do with Mika himself, although I get to know a lot of news on his whereabouts.

It's the exciting deal of the friendship with people all over the world, and for me the excellent opportunity to practise the English language :biggrin2: both reading and writing and in real life. To me it's a big deal and I get the computer and internet skills in the deal too!

The travelling has been a lot of fun, again practising English and got to see several exciting cities in Europe!:thumb_yello:

Still don't know what category I fit in to though!:blush-anim-cl:

As for the face to face encounters and an increasing fanbase, I must say that, looking back I'm very very very glad I went for that in spite of myself when it was still sort of easy. I'm happy I had those moments, however brief they were and I am aware that I might not get another opportunity without going for it aggressively. Which I won't do. The bigger the crowds the further I'd step back from everything. I might still hang around after gigs, though :biggrin2: - but maybe not too near to the battlefield. Maybe it sounds banal or exaggerated for a situation like this but it's true what they say: In the end it's the things you didn't do that are regretted the most.

Still don't know what category I fit in to though!:blush-anim-cl:

You're an outlier (in terms of statistics) :biggrin2:

We'll include an explaining footer for your case in the report. :roftl:

(Sorry, I guess this doesn't make sense outside the context of my head :roftl:)

But, yes, you certainly deserve your own category! :thumb_yello:

As for the face to face encounters and an increasing fanbase, I must say that, looking back I'm very very very glad I went for that in spite of myself when it was still sort of easy. I'm happy I had those moments, however brief they were and I am aware that I might not get another opportunity without going for it aggressively. Which I won't do. The bigger the crowds the further I'd step back from everything. I might still hang around after gigs, though :biggrin2: - but maybe not too near to the battlefield. Maybe it sounds banal or exaggerated for a situation like this but it's true what they say: In the end it's the things you didn't do that are regretted the most.

That "ooooh, you're the famous violet_sky!" moment was just too sweet for words :wub2:. I'm SO glad that I have it in film :aah:

So, I ask this totally genuinely and with no hint of sarcasm, but I really want to know.

Which other opportunities are there, if not before/after a show (which is when he gets mobbed), that would not constitute harassing or stalking him?

Without your encouragement in the fall of 2007 I would never have stayed and waited for him after the concert, but I did and I don't regret it!:blush-anim-cl:

Little did I know there was so much more to come in that department!:teehee:

Without your encouragement in the fall of 2007 I would never have stayed and waited for him after the concert, but I did and I don't regret it!:blush-anim-cl:

Little did I know there was so much more to come in that department!:teehee:

Yes! You got that hug! :sneaky2:

:huglove:

I just did it:roftl:

I have no idea in which category I'd be - actually really the whole package. I first got attracted by his music, but that alone really wouldn't make me want to join a forum. Yes, it's the charisma:naughty: He's such a great person:wub2: And I also love the art:wub2:

Wow you're bold, I have to "ask permission." :roftl:

I've never been a fan of his art *regrets saying that*

:lmfao:Love it- and I also love your custom title, I just noticed it, hahaha!

Have you seen mana's signature?:lmfao::wub2::teehee:

Mika has said that he is happy to be waited for at any of his public appearances. That includes radio and tv as well as concerts.

It may be that your experience is different than mine, so I can only speak for what I know. From various concert reports, MFCers willingly line up for hours before a show to show their devotion, get hot chocolate, and of course, get a prime positon in front of the stage.

I don't hear reports from people who don't line up, but do hang around watching the gear being unloaded, chatting to the roadies and technicians, and catching Mika as he goes in for the soundcheck.

I've done that both times, and am still unhappy that I was late (1pm, not 11.30 am) getting to the Enmore Theatre, because I potentially could have spent a few happy hours painting circles with the Penniman family.

However, I did have about 5 chats with Mrs Penniman over the course of 3 days, and probably that many with John. I got to be "hot chocolate girl". I did still get to be at the front of stage due to good friend being kind, but that was far less important to me than the personal interaction.

So, my opportunites were:

an Idol performance, when I had no tickets and spent 11 hours at the venue.

A morning tv show - only 4 hours, and it should have been 7, so I missed Mika

a concert - only 11 hours, when 1.5 more would have been the stuff dreams!

So, my experience is that waiting earlier is better, as few do it and the opportunity to chat with lovely people is not that hard to find.

I can't say what I would do if I lived in London, for example, but I do know that if I intend to meet Mika, I am responsible for making it happen.

You're an outlier (in terms of statistics) :biggrin2:

We'll include an explaining footer for your case in the report. :roftl:

(Sorry, I guess this doesn't make sense outside the context of my head :roftl:)

But, yes, you certainly deserve your own category! :thumb_yello:

I can go with that, it makes perfect sense in my head too, feels nice and comfy!:roftl:

That "ooooh, you're the famous violet_sky!" moment was just too sweet for words :wub2:. I'm SO glad that I have it in film :aah:

Oh yes, that was the sweetest thing.:wub2: And every time I think about it I believe it was because of the wonderful design of the T-shirt!

Yes! You got that hug! :sneaky2:

:huglove:

You remember!?:teehee::wub2:

Archived