Is mika on new simon cowell haiti single??

Kodes100

The only trouble with charity records is that most of them are pretty dire (with one or two honourable exceptions).

I'd make a donation if Simon Cowell promised not to make a record.:mf_rosetinted:

Seriously, if you want to donate money to the Haiti appeal, just do it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But one line of this one will be perfect :thumb_yello: I spect Simon will be glad that one of the singers can actually sing :naughty:

As to charity singles generally, I only half agree with Silver- they're usually pretty dire and it's probably better to give direct- but I imagine they make a lot of people- like me- give again.

Incidentally, I was in the famine area when the band aid money was given out- sometimes people would sing the song to me in gratitude, which puts you off it rather. I even got to eat some of the aid flown in, as I was eating Sudanese school meals at the time

The only trouble with charity records is that most of them are pretty dire (with one or two honourable exceptions).

I'd make a donation if Simon Cowell promised not to make a record.:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

That's just what I was thinking, too..:teehee:

It's not that Mika would lose too much if he didn't appear on the record. He would miss the chance of singing with Paul McCartney, for example, and also miss this publicity opportunity.

I am glad it is not all reality stars. I'd absolutely hate if Mika was singing with C-list celebs.

You might be surprised Silver but I agree with you.

There are better ways to raise awareness & money for horrific catastrophies such as Haiti.

They are historic though for other reasons & if they are going to produce one I want Mika on it - purely for my own selfish musical history reasons.

The new update: the live concert from USA Aid for Haiti, hosted by George Clooney with Madonna, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Shakira etc.

Suppose Mika will not be there :roftl: Sorry guys:crybaby:

That's ok... :wink2:

I don't think it will be worth staying up late for that. .. I will probably watch some bits on YT tomorrow

That's ok... :wink2:

I don't think it will be worth staying up late for that. .. I will probably watch some bits on YT tomorrow

You're right. I'm pretty fed up with them all even in this dramatic situation.

It's produced by MTV so it'll be aired there too.:wink2:

The new update: the live concert from USA Aid for Haiti, hosted by George Clooney with Madonna, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Shakira etc.

Did I miss something?:roftl::roftl:

Who said Mika was going to be appearing on the U.S. telethon tonight??

My dad has just seen this on Sky News:thumb_yello: Mika, Rod Stewart, Leona lewis, James Morrison and some more people in studio/on rehearsals.

I'm sorry I didn't see it myself, when I switched to SkyNews it had already finished :sad:

Yeah, it's life. But it's going on London too.

He isn't in London now?

No I think he's in Cannes for the NRJ awards.

He is doing the charity single though apparently.

As far as I can make out he didn't do the telethon, but is definitely taking part in the single which is being done over the next couple of days. It says so in today's Sun, so it MUST be right!!!! :teehee:

True, often charity singles are not the best, as they are recorded quickly, with little rehearsal, with artists who all have different vocal ranges, and in different studios all over the place. In the case of REM's Everybody Hurts, it would be hard to improve in the original anyway. People might think it would be better if rich artists just made a quiet donation. But the main purpose of a charity single is really to keep the appeal in the news, keep people discussing it, and raise awareness.

Hopefully it will do well because god knows, those people in Haiti need all the help they can get.

Oh WOW!

Seriously Rose????????

That is so kewl!!:thumb_yello:

Okay Babs & AnnaMariaPetra you can shower, wash your hair & brush your teeth 'til the cows come home.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::roftl::roftl:

Cows?:roftl:For giving us Besos de Vaca?:wink2:

(btw: just call me AMP, a lot less to typ!)

Haha. I said smt similar during the dutch fundraising show. There were politicians for answering the phone, amongst them Geert Wilders, an extreme rightwing one. I said: how much do I have to pay NOT to get him on the phone??

I just donated without calling to the tv-show. And my kids voluntarely are doing home chores for money (normally they don't get money for that) which I have to send to Haiti.

I've just heard it'd be aired here on Studio B in Serbia about 2 AM CET:biggrin2:

They actually said it'll be live gig. :blink:

aha...There are a lot of these things going on these days, so it's easy to make such mistakes.

already posted? from the Sun today

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2821127/Susan-Boyle-and-Take-That-to-sing-on-Sun-Haiti-charity-single.html

He (S.C.) has used his world-class contacts to put together a line-up which is growing by the day. Confirmed acts include Rod Stewart, Mika, Michael Buble, Cheryl Cole, Leona Lewis, JLS and Westlife.

Archived