Mika awarded 'Chevalier dans l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres'

camille*

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to take anything away from him, it's fantastic that he got it, but how did he make this significant contribution to the enrichment of the French cultural inheritance?

Same way as George Clooney I guess!

I don't want to take anything away from him, it's fantastic that he got it, but how did he make this significant contribution to the enrichment of the French cultural inheritance?

Well that's why I wrote 'supposed to' :biggrin2: I don't know really... There's a real big thing about him in France but 'cultural inheritance' is quite a big word. But, see, Kylie Minogue got it and she's got much less to do with France than Mika, so I think it's just to show that France in general rewards such or such artist.

"Decorate", he? Is that how you guys call it now, then? :das::naughty::roftl:

Oops, guess this word sounded too French then? :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you for posting, that's great :yay: isn't a chevalier a knight? :teehee:

A chevalier when he's in France, a knight in the U.K., a flamboyant camp when in the US...

I thought we already were?:naughty:

Bow to him as he enters the building, much more room:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Some already do, yes...

It's a good think to take a bow when he enters somewhere, we can take a good look at those fabby Loubouts...:mf_rosetinted:

Same way as George Clooney I guess!

George Clooney got one? :boxed: What for?

I mean it's possible they are doing some charity works for the arts behind the scenes, but I'd like to know what?

Or are they just giving these to the people the minister fancies?

Who can blame him??:aah:

Well that's why I wrote 'supposed to' :biggrin2: I don't know really... There's a real big thing about him in France but 'cultural inheritance' is quite a big word. But, see, Kylie Minogue got it and she's got much less to do with France than Mika, so I think it's just to show that France in general rewards such or such artist.

Oops, guess this word sounded too French then? :blush-anim-cl:

But at least Kylie has a long career behind her. Mika has only just released his second album. Unless there is more to it that we don't know.

And here in the UK we also use the word decorated for people who get medals or titles. :thumb_yello:

Babs????????????:shocked:

Wot about the 76454495606060 gigs in France?

That cheese he told Rosie about???

Louboutin?

Bois de Bologne???:roftl:

I mean it's possible they are doing some charity works for the arts behind the scenes, but I'd like to know what?

Quite possibly:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Babs????????????:shocked:

Wot about the 76454495606060 gigs in France?

That cheese he told Rosie about???

Louboutin?

Bois de Bologne???:roftl:

Oh yes I forgot about the seven trillion gigs, boosting the economy during the credit crunch!

Yes Willywonka we even have an MFC group for "those who call Mika sire"!:naughty:

You're weird, man...:roftl:

Nespresso, what else???:mf_rosetinted:

The minister liked Mika's cloth a lot...

Good piece of cloth, hey, Sir Mika?

Yeah, Momma made it, ya know...

9~0.jpg

act is an art

So how did he enrich French culture with his acting?

I am not being funny here, I really want to understand what it's all about.

Mostly if actors or singers and so on get decorated in the UK, they have a long successful career behind them and/or are very active in charity work.

You're weird, man...:roftl:

Nespresso, what else???:mf_rosetinted:

The minister liked Mika's cloth a lot...

Good piece of cloth, hey, Sir Mika?

Yeah, Momma made it, ya know...

9~0.jpg

Sheet Wonka, you have all the answers! :lmfao: Next time I will PM you with my questions before I make a fool of myself in the thread! :thumb_yello:

So how did he enrich French culture with his acting?

I am not being funny here, I really want to understand what it's all about.

Mostly if actors or singers and so on get decorated in the UK, they have a long successful career behind them and/or are very active in charity work.

No idea, I don´t like George Clonney as an actor, but I guess he did something special :dunno:

Yes it's the same in Canada. That's why I said earlier that I didn't know what this was about. From its description it sounds similar to the medals awarded here, but it must be different if Mika is receiving one. :dunno:

And if this medal leads to anyone calling him Sire I will rip it off his jacket and beat someone over the head with it. :fisch:

Archived