Dermot O'Leary - Radio 2 - Jan 30, 2010

Abbyyy

Listening to the Dermot show now... I'm sure Dermot is a nice guy but his interest/enthusiasm for his guest always sounds rather fake to me. Maybe it's just me!

I don't think how he sounds to me is unique to when he's talking to Mika, I hasten to add, I think he's like that whoever he's talking to or even when he's presenting on TV shows like X Factor!

I love hearing Mika's speaking voice - never tire of hearing it! :wub2:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to the show last night and it was soooo funny! :lmfao:

But, is this show with the book, the one starting on the 13th of February? and going on until may?

That means that there will be no more stripping astronauts? :teehee:

If it weren't for the fact it's to do with the Haiti single, I'd be mightily hacked off!

Not entirely happy, but it's an important cause, so I can understand why he's going.

...I thought they were still unsure as to whether the single would be performed live by the artists, or just the video played as it would be hard to organise everyone? :boxed:

You're welcome :biggrin2: I'm Kathy btw :teehee:

Thank you for the download link, Kathy...:thumb_yello:

Others weren't working for me, either...:(

:lmao:

That's just mean, Laurita...:teehee:

Listening to the Dermot show now... I'm sure Dermot is a nice guy but his interest/enthusiasm for his guest always sounds rather fake to me. Maybe it's just me!

I don't think how he sounds to me is unique to when he's talking to Mika, I hasten to add, I think he's like that whoever he's talking to or even when he's presenting on TV shows like X Factor!

Now that you mention it, i felt the same thing, but as i didn't know the guy thought it was just me...:dunno:

Aaaw I love Dermot. Obiously he has to pretend to like every guest that comes on his show (if he doesn't actually) but I really get the impression that he's a genuine Mika fan. He's certainly a Martin fan, both times Mika's been on his show in the last few months he's hada little fanboy fit over Martin. I think he's just a generally lovely guy who tries to get on with everyone, regardless of whether he's into their music or not.

Still, can't deny it makes for great listening. :naughty:

I listened to the show last night and it was soooo funny! :lmfao:

But, is this show with the book, the one starting on the 13th of February? and going on until may?

D'you know, that was my first thought? :roftl: I think we'll have to get him naked some other way.

I'd missed this ... so thanks for uploading everything ... I like how when BIOTG was about to be started ... Dermot said it was his second single from the album ... does he not even know Rain was released :lmfao: See ... that's why no DJ's played it ... they didn't even know it was out :aah:

yeah that's clear... but i'd consider for example the venues in london and munich as rather large - but not 4-storey-large. :blink: i mean, if that's true, he can't use his full stage set until, idk, paris? :blink: no idea how big the venues in spain/italy/rest of france are. :dunno:

The venues in Spain are both large ones :thumb_yello:

D'you know, that was my first thought? :roftl: I think we'll have to get him naked some other way.

OMG!!! NOOO!!!! Maybe he has a story in that book about a stripping astronaut. :huh:

Let's just hope that if not, he;ll get extremely hot and feel like taking his shirt off... :roftl:

If not, maybe it's not meant to be (for me) to see a semi-naked Mika before I turn 18. :lmfao::aah: I guess a fully dressed performance of "Touches you" will do. :lol3:

Let's develop a plan, Jazzy! :mf_rosetinted: I have an idea. mwahahahahahahaha! :devil::lmao:

EDIT: No, I don't. :roftl:

Thank you for the download link, Kathy...:thumb_yello:

Others weren't working for me, either...:(

welcome, I'm glad to help :wink2:

I'd missed this ... so thanks for uploading everything ... I like how when BIOTG was about to be started ... Dermot said it was his second single from the album ... does he not even know Rain was released :lmfao: See ... that's why no DJ's played it ... they didn't even know it was out :aah:

right, I noticed too :aah: he might have got it messed up though :aah: but you're right, it kinda drowned, got few notice :aah:

OMG!!! NOOO!!!! Maybe he has a story in that book about a stripping astronaut. :huh:

:lmfao:

Despite all his protests to the contrary Mika has managed to find an excuse to take his shirt off for almost 3 years now. I'm sure this time will be no different. :naughty:

It is a shame about the astronaut thing because it was so much fun. I loved shouting in mock horror at the demise of Mika "Oh. My. God!!" :roftl:

And the buildup with the 2001 theme to him getting his kit off. Fabulous! :biggrin2:

I'm sure he's got something even bigger and better planned for this show so I doubt you'll be disappointed when he hits the stage.

I'd missed this ... so thanks for uploading everything ... I like how when BIOTG was about to be started ... Dermot said it was his second single from the album ... does he not even know Rain was released :lmfao : See ... that's why no DJ's played it ... they didn't even know it was out :aah :

Mika agreed though! HE didn't know it was out! What hope have the DJs got? :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Let's just hope that if not, he;ll get extremely hot and feel like taking his shirt off... :roftl :

If not, maybe it's not meant to be (for me) to see a semi-naked Mika before I turn 18. :lmfao::aah: I guess a fully dressed performance of "Touches you" will do. :lol3:

Let's develop a plan, Jazzy! :mf_rosetinted: I have an idea. mwahahahahahahaha! :devil: : lmao:

EDIT: No, I don't. :roftl:

We'll get him naked in Vienna, don't you worry about that my dear. I ain't going all the way to Austria to see him fully clothed. That just ain't how I roll. :naughty:

Omg if he took his shirt of during Touches You I think I'd die. Literally die. Let's cross our fingers, I'm willing to go for a good cause. :roftl:

It is a shame about the astronaut thing because it was so much fun. I loved shouting in mock horror at the demise of Mika "Oh. My. God!!" :roftl

:lmfao:

That was awesome. "Oh noes! Mika's lost in space! What a tragedy for man (fangurl?) kind! Will we ever see him again?!!!" :roftl:

Omg if he took his shirt of during Touches You I think I'd die. Literally die. Let's cross our fingers, I'm willing to go for a good cause. :roftl:

:stretcher:

Good idea. Petition time? :das:

A reminder, in case anyone forgot what he's capable of during that song. :mf_rosetinted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDD6aJCfaRc

:stretcher:

Good idea. Petition time? :das:

A reminder, in case anyone forgot what he's capable of during that song. :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, I think that's a good idea. Let's get going.

We, the undersigned, to hereby request, nay, demand that one Mika Penniman removes all clothing from his upper body during any performance of the song 'Touches You.' Any further clothing removal is at the artist's descretion but would nevertheless be welcomed by the panel.

:biggrin2:

basement, ground floor, first floor, second floor....:biggrin2:

It might not that tall, after all ..:naughty:

ah so that's a 2-storey-building to me then. well ok, that he could fit in. :bleh:

i remember 2 infos from the last 2 months, which were

1. outer space will be the theme for the next 12 months (which i think he tweeted in august or so)

2. that suitcase he had on the us tour will be his space traveller kit for the next year or so - something along those lines.

so unless that has changed, or he was lying :teehee:, i have a feeling we'll still get a space theme and maybe a stripping astronaut at least at some point of the show. after all, it's a book - there can be anything in it, really. :biggrin2:

i wonder whether it has to do with his album booklet... he talked about the mubbins thing as a children's book - and i'd be surprised if we never got to see anything of those mubbins again, except for in the album booklet... :fisch:

...I thought they were still unsure as to whether the single would be performed live by the artists, or just the video played as it would be hard to organise everyone? :boxed:

i thought i understood it the way that they'll definitely perform it live, but they might add some of the artists only as a video clip if they can't be there in person. :wink2:

i thought i understood it the way that they'll definitely perform it live, but they might add some of the artists only as a video clip if they can't be there in person. :wink2:

ahh okay. that makes more sense :biggrin2:

:

Despite all his protests to the contrary Mika has managed to find an excuse to take his shirt off for almost 3 years now. I'm sure this time will be no different. :

It is a shame about the astronaut thing because it was so much fun. I loved shouting in mock horror at the demise of Mika "Oh. My. God!!"

And the buildup with the 2001 theme to him getting his kit off. Fabulous! :

I'm sure he's got something even bigger and better planned for this show so I doubt you'll be disappointed when he hits the stage.

I'm pretty sure I won't! I was just joking about that thing (with the stripping astronaut)! :wink2: I don't really care. It was just a Bonus.

It's the music we love, don't we? :naughty:

We'll get him naked in Vienna, don't you worry about that my dear. I ain't going all the way to Austria to see him fully clothed. That just ain't how I roll. :

Omg if he took his shirt of during Touches You I think I'd die. Literally die. Let's cross our fingers, I'm willing to go for a good cause. :l:

:lol3: You gotta tell him that!!!

No! you can't die! You have to live to see it again on youtube! :aah:

::

Good idea. Petition time? :

A reminder, in case anyone forgot what he's capable of during that song. :

That's traumatic, Mana! Nobody can ever forget that! :shocked::roftl:

Yes, I think that's a good idea. Let's get going.

We, the undersigned, to hereby request, nay, demand that one Mika Penniman removes all clothing from his upper body during any performance of the song 'Touches You.' Any further clothing removal is at the artist's descretion but would nevertheless be welcomed by the panel.

:

:lmao: OMG! I can't stop laughing!!!!

i remember 2 infos from the last 2 months, which were

1. outer space will be the theme for the next 12 months (which i think he tweeted in august or so)

2. that suitcase he had on the us tour will be his space traveller kit for the next year or so - something along those lines.

so unless that has changed, or he was lying :teehee:, i have a feeling we'll still get a space theme and maybe a stripping astronaut at least at some point of the show. after all, it's a book - there can be anything in it, really. :biggrin2:

i wonder whether it has to do with his album booklet... he talked about the mubbins thing as a children's book - and i'd be surprised if we never got to see anything of those mubbins again, except for in the album booklet... :fisch:

:

Ok, first, MIKA is the bigger liar of all time and I think he should get a medal for that too! It's fantastic to be able to lie to a bunch of fans and not have them angry over you! :naughty:

yeah, I was thinking about the mubbins too, because you know with LICM he had more characters whom he got on stage. Now, there are some Big Girls every now and then. He should SOO get some Mubbins costumes! I'd like to be a Mubbin! :biggrin2:

:lol3: You gotta tell him that!!!

No! you can't die! You have to live to see it again on youtube! :aah:

:lmao: OMG! I can't stop laughing!!!!

Haha I'll be hanging on the barrier camera in hand, and with my last breath: "Take my camera Bianka, share this with the world...I can't go on." *dies*

You can't laugh! DIS R SRS BIZNIZ!!!

Haha I'll be hanging on the barrier camera in hand, and with my last breath: "Take my camera Bianka, share this with the world...I can't go on." *dies*

You can't laugh! DIS R SRS BIZNIZ!!!

Honestly! I just can't stop laughing!! :roftl::floor::roll1:

I can so picture that! :roftl:

Honestly! I just can't stop laughing!! :roftl::floor::roll1:

I can so picture that! :roftl:

Let's just say I'll be very disappointed if I survive the night.

And I will tell him so. Then he'll do the decent thing and strip off.

And THEN I'll die. After committing the memory to the mind of my eternal soul, so even in the afterlife I can go 'oh yeah, that was enjoyable'.

Let's just say I'll be very disappointed if I survive the night.

And I will tell him so. Then he'll do the decent thing and strip off.

And THEN I'll die. After committing the memory to the mind of my eternal soul, so even in the afterlife I can go 'oh yeah, that was enjoyable'.

*Bianca puts in her bag a portable oxygen mask*

*Starts humming "I will survive"*

You will NOT die! :lol3:

Think about the 3rd album. :das:

Going to see a movie! I'll be back later! :huglove: