Dermot O'Leary - Radio 2 - Jan 30, 2010

Abbyyy

Ok, first, MIKA is the bigger liar of all time and I think he should get a medal for that too! It's fantastic to be able to lie to a bunch of fans and not have them angry over you! :naughty:

Yes he has got some kind of extraordinary skill there. It used to drive me mad but now I find it endearing and amusing. He's brainwashed all of us :freak:

I don't know about a shirtless Touches You. I think people will be passing out in the aisles. :teehee:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Bianca puts in her bag a portable oxygen mask*

*Starts humming "I will survive"*

You will NOT die! :lol3:

Think about the 3rd album. :das:

Going to see a movie! I'll be back later! :huglove:

Hahaha I hope I'm made of stronger stuff than to die at the sight of him being moderately naked, but who knows, if he's looking particularly yummy then I may succumb. Speak to you later!!! :bye:

Yes he has got some kind of extraordinary skill there. It used to drive me mad but now I find it endearing and amusing. He's brainwashed all of us :freak:

I don't know about a shirtless Touches You. I think people will be passing out in the aisles. :teehee:

People losing consciousness is ALWAYS the sign of a good night. :naughty:

I'm pretty sure I won't! I was just joking about that thing (with the stripping astronaut)! :wink2: I don't really care. It was just a Bonus.

It's the music we love, don't we? :naughty:

:lol3: You gotta tell him that!!!

No! you can't die! You have to live to see it again on youtube! :aah:

That's traumatic, Mana! Nobody can ever forget that! :shocked::roftl:

:lmao: OMG! I can't stop laughing!!!!

Ok, first, MIKA is the bigger liar of all time and I think he should get a medal for that too! It's fantastic to be able to lie to a bunch of fans and not have them angry over you! :naughty:

yeah, I was thinking about the mubbins too, because you know with LICM he had more characters whom he got on stage. Now, there are some Big Girls every now and then. He should SOO get some Mubbins costumes! I'd like to be a Mubbin! :biggrin2:

I was thinking about The Mubbins when he mentioned the big story book. I think we may see some Mubbins on the stage.

I'd missed this ... so thanks for uploading everything ... I like how when BIOTG was about to be started ... Dermot said it was his second single from the album ... does he not even know Rain was released :lmfao: See ... that's why no DJ's played it ... they didn't even know it was out :aah:

And Mika didn't correct him, did he? Perhaps Mika thinks by denying that Rain was released as a single no one will recall that it didn't do as well as they had hoped. In the UK at least :wink2:

:hypo: :hypo: :hypo:

This has to be the Quote of the Week! :roftl:

Ah, his Lordship will have to pass the baton on to me - "I don't like singing high."

Honestly.

Well, the thing about that quote is that we didn't see his face when (if) he said it. I would imagine it was said (if he said it at all) with a :wink2: very tongue-in-cheek. :naughty:

Well, the thing about that quote is that we didn't see his face when (if) he said it. I would imagine it was said (if he said it at all) with a :wink2: very tongue-in-cheek. :naughty:

Hahah I know, I LOVE his sense of humour, especially when it gets reported as being fact, rather than a sarky little remark. He is a bit of a wind-up merchant isn't he? I love it.

Yes, I think that's a good idea. Let's get going.

We, the undersigned, to hereby request, nay, demand that one Mika Penniman removes all clothing from his upper body during any performance of the song 'Touches You.' Any further clothing removal is at the artist's descretion but would nevertheless be welcomed by the panel.

:biggrin2:

the more off, the better.... :wink2:

i hate lies. :sneaky2: but it's probaby the fact that mika never lied to me personally (anyway not that i'm aware... :roftl:) that makes me forgive him. :naughty: he's lying to journalists and indirectly to the general public, but us who don't miss any of his interviews, we often find out sooner or later if something was a lie (or don't believe him in the first place, because we know him too well :roftl:), like with gertrude or the house, and giggle at it. :naughty: or maybe we only think that we know, and in fact he bought a house in alaska and is breeding huskies there... :lmfao:

you could make a whole philosophy out of that, lol! :lmfao:

one must make sacrifices. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

And Mika didn't correct him, did he? Perhaps Mika thinks by denying that Rain was released as a single no one will recall that it didn't do as well as they had hoped. In the UK at least :wink2:

:hypo: :hypo: :hypo:

This has to be the Quote of the Week! :roftl:

Good set up for a re-release:thumb_yello:

OMG!!! nooo!!! :yikes:

that's kinda true tho! :naughty:

How come we are aware of only one girl who passed out? The one mentioned in the Q magazine! :roftl:

I was thinking about The Mubbins when he mentioned the big story book. I think we may see some Mubbins on the stage.

Shall WE brainwash him, then?

How come we are aware of only one girl who passed out? The one mentioned in the Q magazine! :roftl:

Well maybe she's a crazy party animal and had a much better time than the rest of them.

Or maybe she's just a softie and couldn't handle the heat.

didn't they mention in one article that at one of the asian gigs many passed out? :blink: or was that the one you mean?

and the reason why we're not aware of more is simply that we're so busy fangurling when we're at gigs that we just don't notice! :lmfao:

nah, i think the passing out is more due to heat+dehydration, and/or lack of oxygen due to getting squashed, and mika fans are just too sensible for these things to happen. :teehee: well, mostly. :mf_rosetinted: or we're just tough. :naughty:

According to the radio 2 adverts, Mika's on Dermot's show starting at 3 o clock.

There will be other artists doing live music sessions, so I don't know whether Mika will too :biggrin2:

Thank you so much Abbyyy!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

The whole interview & two songs are superb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/dermot-oleary/

I am getting really excited about the new tour with the Storybook Set!

It sounds amazing.:thumb_yello:

The vids will be brilliant!

You guys talking about a petition to get Mika to "slightly" strip or be shirtless - when has Mika needed prodding to take his clothes off?? :roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

This is Mika The Underwear Boy we are talking about.:roftl::roftl:

I love the Journey Cover with all the laughing.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

The whole thing is marvelous!

Thank you so much Abbyyy!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

The whole interview & two songs are superb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/dermot-oleary/

I am getting really excited about the new tour with the Storybook Set!

It sounds amazing.:thumb_yello:

The vids will be brilliant!

You guys talking about a petition to get Mika to "slightly" strip or be shirtless - when has Mika needed prodding to take his clothes off?? :roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

This is Mika The Underwear Boy we are talking about.:roftl::roftl:

I love the Journey Cover with all the laughing.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

The whole thing is marvelous!

Aaaah I love how you can summarise an entire thread in one parapgraph Kodes, it makes me LOL.

A reminder, in case anyone forgot what he's capable of during that song. :mf_rosetinted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDD6aJCfaRc

Oh wow!:mf_lustslow:

It's been too long... I've nearly forgot why I choose go to all this Mika gigs and that was a hearty reminder, thank you!:wub2:

Not only that he has a fantastic voice like no one else but the reason why it's so important to see him on stage is that he radiates such comfort in himself, he just loves what he's doing and it's noticeable!

Wouldn't it be worth it though?:teehee::blush-anim-cl:

Oh wow!:mf_lustslow:

It's been too long... I've nearly forgot why I choose go to all this Mika gigs and that was a hearty reminder, thank you!:wub2:

Not only that he has a fantastic voice like no one else but the reason why it's so important to see him on stage is that he radiates such comfort in himself, he just loves what he's doing and it's noticeable!

Same here! Watching that video made me go ":doh: Yes, of course!" :wub2:

Omg if he took his shirt of during Touches You I think I'd die. Literally die. Let's cross our fingers, I'm willing to go for a good cause. :roftl:

Me too, especially if he does that touching thing he did when he sang it in LA - Touches You followed swiftly by Pick Up Off The Floor - and I don't mean the song....I mean literally!! :swoon: