Whats your weird fear or phobia??

pianogirlsammy

Do you have an irrational fear or phobia?

Share it! Maybe we can help eachother out.

Now, my fear probablly tops many weird fears out that in terms of being OUT-THERE.

I have an irrational fear of John Malkovich.

:shocked:

Ill share my story:

I get really bad vibes that hes near me sometimes. Honestly....I feel like hes coming to get me. Ill jsut think about him and cringe.:blink:

I cant look at pictures of him, watch movies with him.... he just gets me so upset.

I have no idea why.:aah:

But someone was talking about "Of Mice and Men" today, and I went into this Malkovich fit. And needed to share this somewhere. Where are the weirdest people I know? MFC, son :):wub2:

Hopefully we can have a few laughs, laugh at eachother, and get to know eachother a bit more :)

peace,love,music...

-sammy ;)

john_malkovich_1.jpg

You dont know how much strength it took me to post that picture. Yeesh......

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bees. Well, not just bees, the whole kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species, whatever of bees. I am ridiculously, irrationally afraid of them to the point of running away or holding still until they go away.

When I was nine, a wasp landed on my shirt when I was riding my bike, and I stopped in the middle of the street, just frozen. A neighbor had to go get my dad to brush it off of me before I could move. I was there for a good twenty minutes. I'm not that bad now, I'll just brush them off if they overstay their welcome on my clothes, but then I'll run or hide immediately.

I once locked myself in a car on a really hot day when my friends were hanging outside because a swarm...well not really a swarm...a gaggle, a gaggle of bees came over to our picnic table and I couldn't deal with it.

:aah::aah::aah:

My weird phobia.. is of mannequins.

I hate to admit it to people but they kind of figure it out when i see a mannequin and scream and almost fall over from shock and freaking out. I can't stand the things. I think they're real and then I realise they're not and I have to stop myself from screaming.

Its really pathetic, i know..

I suspect what I am about to say will end up in the quotes out of context thread.. however.. ya ready for it?

My irrational fear is balls as in bouncy.. errr or of the basket and base variety. :teehee: I used to not be able to go into gyms... slightly better now.. slightly. As long as someone holds my hand.

Okay, my biggest phobia is definitely crying. COULD it get any lamer.

It's not me, but other people. I get really tense whenever someone is upset, and whenever someone is crying I just unconsciously try to distract myself or get away. It's so stupid, and it's also really bad. I suck at comforting people, because I just don't know how to handle it. Yeahhhhh. :aah:

Bees. Well, not just bees, the whole kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species, whatever of bees. I am ridiculously, irrationally afraid of them to the point of running away or holding still until they go away.

When I was nine, a wasp landed on my shirt when I was riding my bike, and I stopped in the middle of the street, just frozen. A neighbor had to go get my dad to brush it off of me before I could move. I was there for a good twenty minutes. I'm not that bad now, I'll just brush them off if they overstay their welcome on my clothes, but then I'll run or hide immediately.

I once locked myself in a car on a really hot day when my friends were hanging outside because a swarm...well not really a swarm...a gaggle, a gaggle of bees came over to our picnic table and I couldn't deal with it.

:aah::aah::aah:

Oh, my god I am just like this. Whenever there is a bee near me, I get really paranoid and freaked out. I feel bees landing on me, even if it's just a hair or something. And I run like a fool without even thinking if one is near me.

Here's an anecdote about that ...

Last year, I was eating lunch outside at school with my friends. There were a lot of bees around our lunch area, and we actually ended up moving because of it. But there was this one time, where my one friend gets up and whispers something to my other friend. And they're both like "Kira, come on, we have to go."

And I was really confused because they just made me walk around with them, and they were whispering to eachother. :blink: Finally, they stopped and I was like "WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT??" And my friend was like "there was a bee on you, and we knew we couldn't tell you because you'd freak out."

I have the best friends in the world. :wub2:

It's not me, but other people. I get really tense whenever someone is upset, and whenever someone is crying I just unconsciously try to distract myself or get away. It's so stupid, and it's also really bad. I suck at comforting people, because I just don't know how to handle it. Yeahhhhh. :aah:

I cry all the time. so often my work mates are completely used to it. Crying = anger = annoyed = sad = stressed. SO I understand.

Crying is defintaly not as pathetic as having a fear of bouncy balls thoguh! (and I know I kid about it but I'm not joking at all. I actually had to be taken out of PE as a kid because of it!)

I cry all the time. so often my work mates are completely used to it. Crying = anger = annoyed = sad = stressed. SO I understand.

Crying is defintaly not as pathetic as having a fear of bouncy balls thoguh! (and I know I kid about it but I'm not joking at all. I actually had to be taken out of PE as a kid because of it!)

As long as you don't cry at our date this Sunday, we are golden. :teehee:

Same here :lol3:

I'm just like "....:boxed: What's wrong...?" Then they don't answer and I just shun them. :naughty:

Same here :lol3:

I'm just like "....:boxed: What's wrong...?" Then they don't answer and I just shun them. :naughty:

hahah I'm a major cryer. but on the bright side I talk as I cry cuz I multi task like that. Just don't throw your balls at me and we'll be safe!

I'm jealous :shun:

You are always invited! You just have futher distance than us awesomesaucetastic Austinites! I am sure we will tweet while the festivities are going on XD.

I have acrophobia~

so when i first fly overseas trip, took the drugs in the plane....:sweatdrop:

elevators made glass, I do not watch out.

oOOOH I hate glass elevatorrs. I'm not fraid' of hieights but I dun like glass elevators so I feel your pain there!

CROWS

As a child had a nightmare where I woke up and there was a crow on the shelf, he looked at me and went flying out the door, I always hid under the covers very very hard. So, over the years, in winter I cover completely with the dovet and you can guess I'm in bed because my curls poke through the pillow :naughty:

I have a fear of answering and having to call people on the phone. I absolutely hate it. :aah:

I always beg my mom to do it.

I hate answering and making phone calls too...it makes me sooooo nervous :aah:

I also have a major fear of spiders even small ones...I practically feel sick whenever I see one in my apartment :shocked: The first summer that I lived here there were so many spiders and crickets in the apartment (I was so glad that this past summer wasn't like that). I was constantly looking for them because I was so freaked out and much too often I would see one. I'm too scared to kill them with a tissue, I don't want to get that close so I use what I call my "killer baton" which is one of those batons that you twirl and do routines with. It works rather well except when the spiders are too quick and I have to chase them around (and then I'm a wreck if they get away and then I can't find them :blush-anim-cl: ).

Really I hate all bugs, like when flies get in the apartment...they are so annoying. It happens a lot in the fall when the weather starts getting cold, the flies all find their way in :mad3: If I see one in another room, I'll close myself in my room to try and keep them out.

I also have a major fear of spiders even small ones...I practically feel sick whenever I see one in my apartment :shocked

Me too. I HATE spiders. It's a terrible catch 22 for me because I feel guilty if I kill them, but I'm too terrified of them to get close enough to catch them and move them outside. :freak:

I also hate elevators (lifts). I can deal with them if I absolutely must, but given the choice I'd much rather take the stairs.