Whats your weird fear or phobia??

pianogirlsammy

+1

@Fmbm: also +1 :teehee: Luckily we've got a little camera installed at the door now... Not that it helps... If I don't recognize the person, I don't open the door either :teehee:

Boy, are we paranoid or what? :roftl:

Ooh I want one of those cameras. Every time I watch Beauty And The Beast I want one of those contraptions that Belle has on her door. :roftl:

Hah, I never answer the door unless I know exactly who it is. Even if it's a delivery person, I'll wait a couple minutes and then go get the package. :aah:

Haha, paranoid yes, but I like to tell myself it's just being cautious :naughty:

Another huge fear of mine is home invasion and all the terrible things that can come with that and yeah. Do not want.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In summer there are always a lot of mosquitoes here. Whenever I hear one in the dark, at night, I have to curl up with my sheet over my head, and I can't sleep. I'm so afraid they're going to bite me.. Even though I don't really mind when it isn't dark.

That's exactly what I do when I hear a mosquito at night :naughty:

I've lost too many persons due to Cancer, and quite frankly, I'm absolutely terrified of getting that disease.

I have a fear of death - simply because I've seen so much of it and I think too much of it. (Going to five funerals - within four months, of the people whom you love most in the world - is definitely enough to give me this Necrophobia.)

Other than that, I have a fear of hospitals, dirt and germs, speaking in public, confined spaces, open spaces and crowds, gaining weight, imperfection, childbirth, limits, teenagers (though I am a teenager myself :naughty:)

Edited by alice.loves.mika

Feet touching me and spiders. Spiders aren't exactly a weird fear but they terrify me to a point that when I see one I run a far away as possible.

And drinking out of other people's cups or having them drink out of mine. One time someone stole my water bottle and drank most of it and I didn't touch it for a month.

Ooh I want one of those cameras. Every time I watch Beauty And The Beast I want one of those contraptions that Belle has on her door. :roftl:

Hah, I never answer the door unless I know exactly who it is. Even if it's a delivery person, I'll wait a couple minutes and then go get the package. :aah:

Haha, paranoid yes, but I like to tell myself it's just being cautious :naughty:

Another huge fear of mine is home invasion and all the terrible things that can come with that and yeah. Do not want.

Me too, burglary (when I'm at home) is my biggest fear ever. I guess all those things like not wanting to answer the door etc come with that. I've seen a lot of horrible movies on the subject as well, which doesn't help :fisch: It's also the reason I'll always have a guard dog. I felt so safe with my previous dog. He was huge and would bark/growl whenever someone was at the door. I'm sure he would attack intruders. I'm not so sure with my current dog... She's a doberman but she's the cutest and sweetest lapdog ever :roftl:

If somebody drinks out of something that is mine, it becomes theirs. I won't touch it again. I lost all of my favorite plastic bottles to a guy who drank out of them just because he knew that I wouldn't be able to touch them again if he did. Seriously, I could have washed them in the hottest water possible and rinsed them with bleach and they would never feel like mine again.

But I have this whole thing about needing to have my own set of dishes that is equal parts not wanting other people's germs on my stuff and not trusting other people to take care of my stuff the way I do. I keep my stuff in pristine condition.

So, if I let somebody else use my pen, I go crazy when they tap it on the corner of a book or counter top and put little dents in it. When I am in school, I carry my good pens in one pocket and have a collection of cheap pens to give away because other people seem to feel no need to ever carry pens.

I don't fear people ruining my stuff anymore because I just don't let them touch my stuff.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm probably not going to be getting married ever :naughty:

But...if you go to a restaurant?:wink2:

If somebody drinks out of something that is mine, it becomes theirs. I won't touch it again. I lost all of my favorite plastic bottles to a guy who drank out of them just because he knew that I wouldn't be able to touch them again if he did. Seriously, I could have washed them in the hottest water possible and rinsed them with bleach and they would never feel like mine again.

But I have this whole thing about needing to have my own set of dishes that is equal parts not wanting other people's germs on my stuff and not trusting other people to take care of my stuff the way I do. I keep my stuff in pristine condition.

So, if I let somebody else use my pen, I go crazy when they tap it on the corner of a book or counter top and put little dents in it. When I am in school, I carry my good pens in one pocket and have a collection of cheap pens to give away because other people seem to feel no need to ever carry pens.

I don't fear people ruining my stuff anymore because I just don't let them touch my stuff.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm probably not going to be getting married ever :naughty:

Oh! That reminds me of another pet peeve of mine! I hate it when people chew on their pen! :shocked: I find it disgusting! Even worse, they borrow your pen, and then they chew on it! Och disgusting! I don't need that pen back, no siree. :shun:

Me too, burglary (when I'm at home) is my biggest fear ever. I guess all those things like not wanting to answer the door etc come with that. I've seen a lot of horrible movies on the subject as well, which doesn't help :fisch: It's also the reason I'll always have a guard dog. I felt so safe with my previous dog. He was huge and would bark/growl whenever someone was at the door. I'm sure he would attack intruders. I'm not so sure with my current dog... She's a doberman but she's the cutest and sweetest lapdog ever :roftl:

Same here, I've watched way too many of those kinds of movies, thinking "maybe it won't be thaaat bad." :aah:

I wish I had a dog, but I always love the little ones, so I don't think a chihuahua would do me much good in the guard dog capacity :naughty: But, I've got baseball bats and gold clubs placed strategically around my house, just in case, and I pack a mean swing. :roftl:

Same here, I've watched way too many of those kinds of movies, thinking "maybe it won't be thaaat bad." :aah:

I wish I had a dog, but I always love the little ones, so I don't think a chihuahua would do me much good in the guard dog capacity :naughty: But, I've got baseball bats and gold clubs placed strategically around my house, just in case, and I pack a mean swing. :roftl:

Haha, well, you won't believe it, but chihuahua's are actually good watchdogs... But yes, there's a big difference between guard dogs and watchdogs :teehee:

I don't really have things I could use as weapons lying around, but I do have an escape route :roftl:

It's not really a fear, but I hate to change somewhere public, like the dressing room for PE. Even in a clothing shop, in those little dressing rooms, so it's got nothing to do with people seeing me in my underwear. (Not that I like that so much either..) But I just hate to undress, and I don't feel safe until I have got my clothes on again. I do change for PE and in shops.. But I don't feel comfortable. It makes me feel vulnerable and shaky.

*Edit: I don't mind undressing in my own room.

I also hate to wear someone else's clothes. That includes clothes I try on in shops. As soon a I've bought them, I don't mind wearing them though. :blink:

Edited by Shikutukumimika

It's not really a fear, but I hate to change somewhere public, like the dressing room for PE. Even in a clothing shop, in those little dressing rooms, so it's got nothing to do with people seeing me in my underwear. (Not that I like that so much either..) But I just hate to undress, and I don't feel safe until I have got my clothes on again. I do change for PE and in shops.. But I don't feel comfortable. It makes me feel vulnerable and shaky.

I also hate to wear someone elses clothes. That includes clothes I try on in shops. As soon a I've bought them, I don't mind wearing them though. :blink:

I get what you mean about it making you feel vulnerable, I feel the same way!

Hmm, I do have a bit of an abnormal phobia for earwigs... I don't like spiders e.g. but I'm really scared to death by earwigs... When I see one I really start screaming and run away or throw something on it :blink: