Whats your weird fear or phobia??

pianogirlsammy

I live near a graveyard :naughty:

It used to scare me when I was younger, but now it doesn't at all anymore.

So does my friend! And she's got the view to the graveyard from her room window. She always complains about it and find it so scary, but I love it :roftl:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that movie!! It's so scary, but that's why I love it! Actually it's my 2nd favourite horror movie of all time (behind the one and only Psycho on the 1st place); I named my rabbit after that girl... Samara :teehee: Because my bunny's all black too...

I love graveyards, I find it so interesting walking through a graveyard and seeing all those memorials and names on them...Also those walks make me feel so peaceful.

...and you like the ceremony of the death... so you are comfortable with your death...

you have so much in common with Mika (if this interview was true) :teehee:

Ooh, I just remembered one of my fears. I'm always paranoid that a plane is going to crash into my house. Whenever I hear a plane, I have a little panic attack. :aah:

I had several nightmares about it, but in the light of the day it doesn't bother me.

...and you like the ceremony of the death... so you are comfortable with your death...

you have so much in common with Mika (if this interview was true) :teehee:

Oh no, I'm not comfortable with my death. I'm actually more obsessed about it :shocked: Because I always think I am going to die. No matter on which way. :roftl:

But I'm rather scared of deaths of my family members and I always think about it. I just can't help myself. :boxed: But I'm very scared of death. Not as much of my own, but more of other people's.

And I do find certain death ceremonies very interesting and unusual :thumb_yello:

Oh, do I?:teehee: We do actually agree on some things, but some points of view of his and mine are completely different. But that doesn't matter. Because we'd have so many topics to discuss about.:wub2:

Oh no, I'm not comfortable with my death. I'm actually more obsessed about it :shocked: Because I always think I am going to die. No matter on which way. :roftl:

But I'm rather scared of deaths of my family members and I always think about it. I just can't help myself. :boxed: But I'm very scared of death. Not as much of my own, but more of other people's.

You put in words my darkest fears. I was afraid to do it, and you've told it instead of me. In fact, it is a serious thing. But the understanding that the other people think the same and are afraid of the same things makes me feel better, 'cos I'm not alone being such a coward, and far-fetched fears are just fears, and nothing will happen.

You put in words my darkest fears. I was afraid to do it, and you've told it instead of me. In fact, it is a serious thing. But the understanding that the other people think the same and are afraid of the same things makes me feel better, 'cos I'm not alone being such a coward, and far-fetched fears are just fears, and nothing will happen.

Yes, it is good to hear it from other people's mouth too. I had been having this fear since I was 10 when I had a very unpleasant experience with death (I found my granny dead), and since then I've had this obsession that something bad would happen to my family members. I get totally freaky when I'm calling them on phone and they're not answering it,the darkest thoughts get into my head then. For a couple of times I was SO sure that they had died. It's a dreadful thing, feeling like that most of the time and having an urge to control your parents and your other grandma via mobile phone when they're away,just to make sure they're fine.

Yes, it is good to hear it from other people's mouth too. I had been having this fear since I was 10 when I had a very unpleasant experience with death (I found my granny dead), and since then I've had this obsession that something bad would happen to my family members. I get totally freaky when I'm calling them on phone and they're not answering it,the darkest thoughts get into my head then. For a couple of times I was SO sure that they had died. It's a dreadful thing, feeling like that most of the time and having an urge to control your parents and your other grandma via mobile phone when they're away,just to make sure they're fine.

O my God, absolutely the same. But my fears began after my marriage and growth of my family. I try not to think about it, but that is the reason I can't enjoy my life fully.

O my God, absolutely the same. But my fears began after my marriage and growth of my family. I try not to think about it, but that is the reason I can't enjoy my life fully.

Exactly the same here....:boxed:

I'm scared of marionettes

:aah: me too, i hate them! We have some old ones from mexico and when i was little my mom hung them in my cloest and, ahhh, they scared me to death.

Other than that...masks and wigs gross me out like crazy.

I cant eat like for hours after i go into a Halloween shop...eeew. Because just imagining the feeling of having a wig or mask on...i wanna throw up. :boxed:

I agree, a death of someone I love is one of my biggest fears

Peepholes. I hate looking out of them so much, because I have this fear that someone will put a gun up to the peephole and knock, and I'll look out and then...the end. :sad:

Same here! My door doesn't have one, though, which leads me to my next fear: people knocking on the door. I never open it. :teehee:

people knocking on the door. I never open it. :teehee:

ah yes! When i lived alone and i wasnt expecting anyone and i'd hear a knock i'd hide in my bathroom. One time i found out it was just a dad wanting to get a toy plane that his son flew into my balcony...i felt a bit bad i didnt answer, but whatever. :naughty:

ah yes! When i lived alone and i wasnt expecting anyone and i'd hear a knock i'd hide in my bathroom. One time i found out it was just a dad wanting to get a toy plane that his son flew into my balcony...i felt a bit bad i didnt answer, but whatever. :naughty:

One time I was alone and it sounded like some guy was outside saying "help!" and there's was no f*cking way I was going to answer that :no:

Peepholes. I hate looking out of them so much, because I have this fear that someone will put a gun up to the peephole and knock, and I'll look out and then...the end. :sad:

Same here! My door doesn't have one, though, which leads me to my next fear: people knocking on the door. I never open it. :teehee:

+1

@Fmbm: also +1 :teehee: Luckily we've got a little camera installed at the door now... Not that it helps... If I don't recognize the person, I don't open the door either :teehee:

Boy, are we paranoid or what? :roftl:

When I was a child, I developed an irrational fear of...

Big Ben. :boxed:

I have no idea why I developed this fear, especially since I had been obsessed with Big Ben beforehand, but it came about after my parents took me to London to see it when I was about 4 or 5. Maybe I had some kind of traumatic experience there...? *LOL*

Whatever happened, although the fear has lessened a lot over time, it never entirely went away. :blink: Kinda funny, considering I live in London now (and love it here too!) :aah:

this is emabarrasing...:blush-anim-cl:

pregnancy/ Childbirth.

i get super uncomfortable when im in the same room as someone who is pregnant, and i cant watch television when someone is pregnant. i have no idea why. It just makes me uncomfortable. :winksmiley02:

and vomiting.

cant watch television with sick people, if people cough and it sounds like theyre being sick, cant stand it!

Well those are my weird fears. To be honest only my closest friends know about them.

LOL. now the whole world can see!!!! XD

this is emabarrasing...:blush-anim-cl:

pregnancy/ Childbirth.

i get super uncomfortable when im in the same room as someone who is pregnant, and i cant watch television when someone is pregnant. i have no idea why. It just makes me uncomfortable. :winksmiley02:

and vomiting.

cant watch television with sick people, if people cough and it sounds like theyre being sick, cant stand it!

Well those are my weird fears. To be honest only my closest friends know about them.

LOL. now the whole world can see!!!! XD

Me too!

When I got to visit my oldest friend for the first time in ten years, she was telling me about how she had been pregnant several years ago and it actually made my stomach lurch like I was on a roller coaster because it freaked me out so badly. She thought it was some kind of happy womb female bonding moment and I didn't correct her because it's something I'm supposed to want, not be afraid of. It utterly terrifies me.

Girls, girls, girls....It's a myth...:biggrin2:

Been there 3 times, seen it all from every perspective...

It's not so bad as they say...:naughty:

Well, it is for some of the things, but in the end you end up with the most wonderful thing you can have in life in your arms, and from then on you forget all the dreadful parts of it...

Trust me...it's so worthy i repeated it 3 times...:naughty:

Reading the bolded part made my stomach lurch with terror.

I can handle pain. I can handle feeling like crap for nine months. I can handle hormones and lack of sleep and diaper changing and feedings and all of that stuff. I've done far more of it than most people ever do before they get their own. I've been told more times than I can count that, "It's different when it's your own," as if it's the bad stuff that I fear.

I am not afraid of any inconvenience, discomfort, or pain. Bring it on.

I am terrified of making another human being.

I am scared out of my senses by miraculous and wonderful and joy and responsibility. I am not afraid of what I do not know. I am afraid of what I do know. I am afraid of how deeply connected it is possible to be with another human being. I am afraid of how deep those feelings can run and what they can do. I've only had a taste of it and it was more than I could bear. The thought of plunging in head first to explore the depth of those feelings fills me with blinding terror.

People always think they are being reassuring when they talk about how awesome it is, but they are simply reinforcing my fear. Not that they are doing me any favors by talking about how awful it is.

The best thing in the world for me is my friends who talk about it like it's just another part of life, like going to class or seeing a movie. Their relationships are not their entire identity and universe. It's just one more piece of who they are, like the movies they quote and the books they reference frequently. They have kids, but they haven't lost themselves.

I guess what I really fear is losing myself. I've fought so hard to free myself from a world in which I was nothing and invisible and unimportant that I would never willing do anything that would jeopardize my autonomy. I don't want to get lost in emotion or become invisible because I happen be in the company of a child.

I am terrified of romance for similar reasons, but it's easier to maintain my autonomy in the company of another adult. That dynamic is more conducive to taking care of myself first so that I can share what I have with others.

You're a Scorpio, Rivers, so am i, so i can perfectly see where you're coming from...

When you become a mother, you lose part of you, indeed, your independence is gone, your emotions get all ****ed up, not to speak about you body, your autonomy has to be parted in two, and you suddenly feel like it's so much more important to take care of another human being first and leave yourself behind...

And you know what, dearest?

You'll fell good about it...:naughty:

You'll feel wanted, needed, idolized, and even on rough days a drooling kiss on your cheek brings sunshine into what looks like deep chaos...

You are not you anymore, you are someone's mom, and you'll like it, and the diapers and the poop and the late breastfeeding all night long will keep a smile on your face...

And the best part, when you completely lose it from exhaustion and start to think you'd feel like smacking that bad bad child after he destroyed all you house, refused to eat, spread green soup all over your new dress, and painted your new white peep toes with noddy characters, he'll say i love you mummy, sorry for what i did and hugs you, you won't care about the mess anymore...

:naughty:

I'll just take your word for all of that cuz I am also 35 and running out of years that I'll even need to worry about it at all :naughty:

Best thing about getting older is that men are starting to look at me for what I have to offer as a person and potential partner rather than how many babies they'll be able to get out of me :thumb_yello:

Strange but true, there are a LOT of guys in this world who have their hearts set on having tons of kids (and talk about babies more than most women I've met) and for some reason they are drawn to me like cats are drawn to people who are allergic to them. :sneaky2:

:lmfao:

You're right about getting older and guys changing their perspectives on what to expect from us...:naughty:

And our perspectives change, too: how to make them understand that it's us who rule after 40, not them...though i always had that idea all my life, my poor husband, i have a lot to answer for...:naughty:

Flying to bed, wish you a good rest too when it is the case, Riv...:huglove:

I'm not sure if this is a fear, but it's certainly something along the lines of a phobia of some sort.

I really cannot stand the first hour of a school dance or dance event, especially if the music is unfamiliar and I'm clothes I'm not normal in.

I am relectant to go to them, and am wary of concerts because of this. (Although, I asume since I would be familiar with the music, it would be okay.)

I literally have a little freak, and am constantly leaving the direct area for 'air' or going to the bathroom for no bodily function reasons or touching up on make up.