Want To Dance On Stage With Mika?

dcdeb

That works out well for you! I hope ypu get ot be a big girl at one of them...

Yeah.. I asked a lot of people to be big girls and half wouldn't do it. Whether it's to do with being on stage in front of all those people or the outfit I'm not sure.

I desperatedly want a corset of my own now!

how many tried to be one? :blink:

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hahaha oh dear, they need to come out of their caes and see the sunlight don't they?

I'm thinking about going for Big Girl, though I've got no idea which gig to go for. Conundrum!

Same here :teehee: Well, it all depends on whether they'll still need volunteers in the EU leg. If not I'll probably try for Bristol :teehee: But that would be my first gig, so I'm hoping they'll do it in EU as well :)

No problems! Glad I could clear a few things up!

Generally you have to do your own, but as someone else said (and i mentioned) Yasmine may put some UV paint on your face like Mika has had on his face...

They pick people who will fit into the costumes.

I didn't dance in front of the manager, but Owen, who's Mika's tech (he looks after Mika's keyboard and stuff). He will basically tell you want you need to do on stage. He and John are the ones who tell you when to go on stage.

No probs! I hope you get chosen!

16 is the absolute lowest... I'm a size 16, and Mrs P said I might be too small to fit in the costume! :shocked:

Awww freds, I think you'd look smashing in the pink corset! :teehee:

I'll tell you wnat I was told by Owen... shake your arse and tits!

Seriously, as long as you keep moving and dancing around, it looks good!

I'm not a professional dancer at all... I'd had 2 strokes about 5 months before I went on stage to dance and I thought I did a pretty good job!

Okay, here's a picture of the four Sydney big girls last year. I'm in the green corset:

17868_440959545437_895020437_10729222_4698019_n.jpg

And here's two videos of Big Girl in Sydney... note that none of us are great at dancing, but we had an absolute blast!

Thanks for posting your story!

I like the orange corset btw :naughty:

Yeah, I've read that the whole credit score thing works against sensible people like Caz who try to avoid spending a lot and don't have a credit card, as they actually prefer someone who buys stuff on credit, then pays

Tegan- that sounds very encouraging, though I notice you're all pretty young

I'm 35 - and well my Mum still goes on at me about the stuff I'm doing .... she's not that happy about my roadtrip next week ... but it is my money ... and I don't really have to ask her permission about what I want to do or where I want to go ....

I'll be 35 next Sunday (gasp!) and although I have my own life and am very independent, my mum often looks at me like 'aaah, you're crazy' when I go on about what I'd like to do or will be doing. But that's what makes my life so exciting. :naughty:

When I mentioned I'd like to be a Lollipop Girl last weekend, she really looked very oddly at me. :biggrin2:

Question: I want to be a big girl, but, the dates list in the first post ends at march 4th, do they need big gilrs for the other dates too? I do hope so.

Probably... I mean, Big Girl and Lollipop will certainly be in the setlist, so they'll need dancers... :wink2:

A debit card...as in a card you can use in shops so you don't have to get money out or cards you can use to get things online, but using your own money from your own account.

A debit card spends only the money in your current account, and no more, unless you have an overdraft and that's a limit of about £150 most of the time. You can't get into debt with it, and you can use it online just like a credit card, except a credit card kind of works on the basis that you are loaned the money by mastercard or whoever and then you pay them back at the end of the month, whereas the money you spend with a debit card is an instant transaction from your bank account.

I've probably made a pig's ear of explaining it but hopefully you understand.

Ooooh, righto then... That makes sense now.

I was confused cause a debit card is only used in ATMs and for EFTPOS, and a Visa Debit (or Mastercard debit) is like a credit card except you use your own money...

I can't use my debit card online...:dunno: my mum has a visa debit card that she can use online though...

Yeah, that's cause yours isn't a Visa debit or Mastercard debit...

Huh, it might be to do with the type of card you have. If you're between the 16-18 bracket you might have one that is limited in the places you can use it, that's what I had. I've got a Visa Debit now though and it's geat cos if I need to get something from the states, I can 'cause they take Visa, but I had a Solo card before.

I looooooooove my Visa debit card.. it's fabulous!!! And when I use credit at an EFTPOS machine, I don't get charged fees! :fangurl:

I'm thinking of trying for Big Girl in Leeds :teehee:

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!

I'm thinking about going for Big Girl, though I've got no idea which gig to go for. Conundrum!

Yaes!!! Just try for each gig and once you get to be big girl you're all set!

But now I do :aah: I asked if I could get the card updated or whatever but they told me to get some credit score :dunno:

I don't understand why you'd need credit score if it's not a true credit card :blink:

how many tried to be one? :blink:

I managed to get 5 (incl. me)... One of the girls pulled out cause Mrs P didn't want two sisters on stage at the same time...

Same here :teehee: Well, it all depends on whether they'll still need volunteers in the EU leg. If not I'll probably try for Bristol :teehee: But that would be my first gig, so I'm hoping they'll do it in EU as well :)

Thanks for posting your story!

I like the orange corset btw :naughty:

I think they will... it would be stupid of them to not ask for big girls elsewhere...

No probs!

Tegan- that sounds very encouraging, though I notice you're all pretty young

I guess we are... Kylie and I are the oldest (she was 27, I was 26)... though they have been known to take older big girls... I believe Holly D was a big girl in the US...

Question: I want to be a big girl, but, the dates list in the first post ends at march 4th, do they need big gilrs for the other dates too? I do hope so.

Nothing's been said, but I assume so... they may announce something later on.

I thought so too....otherwise I'm just gonna invade the stage :roftl:

Hehehe, if you do, I hope someone videos it!

who is going to Newcastle and wants to be BG and Lollipops? How many of each are there?

I wanna be a BG someone do it with me!!

xx

In Ireland, there were 2 Big Girls and 2 Lollipop Girls.

Have you already been a Lollipop girl? If your avatar is right, please make a report here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22009&highlight=experience+Big+girl

Thanks and good luck, Daisylou!

I think we should have a list of who's applying to be BG's or LG's at each gig as I'm also not sure where to try for as I don't want to be disapointed but don't want the stress of leaving the queue etc if loads of peeps are going for it at each show.:blink:

I wish they'd pick them in advance!!! :mf_rosetinted:

In Ireland, there were 2 Big Girls and 2 Lollipop Girls.

Have you already been a Lollipop girl? If your avatar is right, please make a report here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22009&highlight=experience+Big+girl

Thanks and good luck, Daisylou!

No I haven't been on stage as a Lollipopgirl. I am too big for MIKA's costume! :sneaky2:

My Mum made me a lollipopgirl dress ..she is sooo clever as didn't even have a pattern..even John thought was one of theirs! so I wore it at a couple of shows..at first it was not fluffed out as thought i would get squished but then she altered it as i had lost weight and she made the petticoat stick out too..it is now in the attic all alone.

Lollipopgirl, cowgirl, pussycat, gothic fairy all done ..now I am just going as me as nobodyelse bothers to get dress up to the degree they did in the beginning...i think its a shame as love getting dressed up.

I am kinda wacky so never just look 'normal' for Manchester.. I have had my hair made into an afro and have pink and black nails..gotta be done! :roftl:

Archived