Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lmfao:

So do I... :fisch:

:blink:

And he has a problem with that?

Shiny! Can't wait to see vids of you and Viv on stage!

Part of me hopes that Freddie does get a chance to be a big boy/lollipop boy... but the other part of me is hoping not cause at this stage Australia is the only place that has had lollipop boys :naughty:

I saw 2 lollipop guys at Shepherds Bush in May 2007 and he had drag queens at Scala last year.

:blink:

And he has a problem with that?

Well I don't think he spent months planning and scads of money building that set, making those props, hiring the top lighting guy in the business, etc. so his fans could say they didn't notice and couldn't care less. :teehee:

I mean the truth is I don't even want to see Mika play the piano. I just want to see him singing and interacting with the audience as much as possible.

But obviously it's a very different experience for fans who are not diehards, particularly if they are not in the first few rows. So he should probably keep on doing what he's doing and take what we say with a little pinch of salt. I think the primary focus should always be his music and it doesn't hurt to remind him of that (I thought PDP was very unbalanced and the music suffered too much for the sake of a visual spectacle), but I think he's on the right track and there will be plenty of people impressed with the show and the theatricality of it. It always made for good reviews in the US because it was often a very pleasant surprise for the reviewer who wasn't expecting that kind of thing from a show that size.

Well I don't think he spent months planning and scads of money building that set, making those props, hiring the top lighting guy in the business, etc. so his fans could say they didn't notice and couldn't care less. :teehee:

I mean the truth is I don't even want to see Mika play the piano. I just want to see him singing and interacting with the audience as much as possible.

But obviously it's a very different experience for fans who are not diehards, particularly if they are not in the first few rows. So he should probably keep on doing what he's doing and take what we say with a little pinch of salt. I think the primary focus should always be his music and it doesn't hurt to remind him of that (I thought PDP was very unbalanced and the music suffered too much for the sake of a visual spectacle), but I think he's on the right track and there will be plenty of people impressed with the show and the theatricality of it. It always made for good reviews in the US because it was often a very pleasant surprise for the reviewer who wasn't expecting that kind of thing from a show that size.

Well, that is exactly what I told Andy on cam when he was interviewing me. I mean, the visual show is stunning, and I do appreciate it, I really do. I can see the beauty of it, and the interest that it may hold for many, so I'm not actually dismissing it. It's just that sometimes (and funny you say that, because I actually quoted PDP when I told him that, and said that I dont' watch the DVD because his singing there is not up to his usual standard) it has really gone down the pan just because of moving around too much and focusing on the "show" too much. If he can do both, great. But I think that if it starts impacting his singing, then he needs to cut down on flashy stuff and focus on the actual singing.

I have noticed though that on this tour Mika seems to be striking a good balance. Maybe I've been lucky to see mostly the small set shows and this helped, but I found that he has gotten better at the singing (if that can be :naughty:) and even songs like Toy Boy where he used to rush them, he is focusing on them a lot more and taking his time to sing it properly, so it's stunning :wub2:.

At the end of the day, we may sound harsh to some when we comment on these things, but personally I just want the best for him, and for him to get better and better. If he's doing something like not singing properly because he's focusing on showiness to much, I think that it's definitely in his interest to change that :dunno: Nobody wants him to end up pulling a "Cheryl Cole at the Brits" scenario, right? Looking pretty and doing a nice routine, but not singing cr@p :roftl:.

Mika's way too talented to fall into that trap. But for what I can see, he's doing really well right now and the new show manages to balance both elements out very well.

I do love the new show, but as I said to Andy, if Mika is standing there in front of me all I want is to hear him sing and look at his face when he's doing it. The show and flashy stuff is wasted on me at that time, because I only want to look at him.

When are you getting Mrs. P to let you wear that pink corset on stage freddie????:mf_rosetinted:

OMG I would pay good money to see that :lmfao:

:wub2: :wub2:.... you don't know how I envy you! :biggrin2:

Awwww your turn will come

Small story ... at the end when the balloons came down for lollipop .. as always people are bouncing them around and the big girl next to imma was struggling (were you? .. whoever you are) .. this huge head .. must be hard to balance .. anyways .. I guess Im one of the few staring at imma :naughty: .. most eyes are on Mika so ...

This balloon comes to me , I leaps up and hits it BOOM and it hits the big girl bam on the mask :roftl: ... ohh Im SORRY whoever you were :roftl:

Imma looked at me shaking her head open mouthed .. and you realise

Standing up there with these massive heads and balloons bouncing off you cant be easy :roftl:

Well, that is exactly what I told Andy on cam when he was interviewing me. I mean, the visual show is stunning, and I do appreciate it, I really do. I can see the beauty of it, and the interest that it may hold for many, so I'm not actually dismissing it. It's just that sometimes (and funny you say that, because I actually quoted PDP when I told him that, and said that I dont' watch the DVD because his singing there is not up to his usual standard) it has really gone down the pan just because of moving around too much and focusing on the "show" too much. If he can do both, great. But I think that if it starts impacting his singing, then he needs to cut down on flashy stuff and focus on the actual singing.

I have noticed though that on this tour Mika seems to be striking a good balance. Maybe I've been lucky to see mostly the small set shows and this helped, but I found that he has gotten better at the singing (if that can be :naughty:) and even songs like Toy Boy where he used to rush them, he is focusing on them a lot more and taking his time to sing it properly, so it's stunning :wub2:.

At the end of the day, we may sound harsh to some when we comment on these things, but personally I just want the best for him, and for him to get better and better. If he's doing something like not singing properly because he's focusing on showiness to much, I think that it's definitely in his interest to change that :dunno: Nobody wants him to end up pulling a "Cheryl Cole at the Brits" scenario, right? Looking pretty and doing a nice routine, but not singing cr@p :roftl:.

Mika's way too talented to fall into that trap. But for what I can see, he's doing really well right now and the new show manages to balance both elements out very well.

I do love the new show, but as I said to Andy, if Mika is standing there in front of me all I want is to hear him sing and look at his face when he's doing it. The show and flashy stuff is wasted on me at that time, because I only want to look at him.

OMG I would pay good money to see that :lmfao:

I am in agreement with both of you to a large extent. I found with the big theatrical show that my eyes and brain just cannot take it all in.

I NEED to see Mika right in front of me, that is why I queue early. :wub2:

I NEED to hear him sing, and preferably sing as well as we all know he can, I don't ever want a mechanical performance of a song he has sung 500 times before...:aah:luckily I don't think I have ever had one of those.

I also NEED to see him cut those fancy dance moves :aah:

And like Christine, I am quite happy if he never gets behind the piano.

And so it is only in retrospect, when I go back and look at all my vids and the footage from others, that I can appreciate the sort of effort and planning that has gone into all the imagery, the technical special effects and props for the show. I am sure that somewhere in my subconscious, my live show experience is enriched by having those things happening all around me at the same time Mika is singing. But I have eyes for almost nothing else...except maybe the band. :fangurl:

Edited by Blue Sky

Couldn't agree more. I mean, I really love this new show, and it was wonderful to see it, and I can't wait to see the whole progress (from Belfast to the European tour). He has so many ideas, sometimes he is like a little kid showing all details he has planned :teehee: And it's quite cute...

But what actually matters is his singing and interacting with the audience. That's why I loved the acoustic tour, it was pure luxury :wub2: Yep, that's all I actually want. I hope he is not disappointed hearing that from fans :blink: In Belfast and Dublin he sounded really good though, so far his singing and the show is in a very good balance.

Well what can I say? Leeds was my first Mika gig and Oh My God it couldn't have been any better!

I arrived at about 3.30 and met the wonderful MFC'ers who were so kind and welcoming to me. It was so great to chat to people who were also obsessed with the sexiest man alive :)

I did initially think at 37 I was too old to be going to a Mika gig but yesterday showed me that age is but a number and felt like a bloody teenager again!

I got a bit apprehensive towards the time for going into the venue as it appeared that it didn't matter if you had turned up early to try and get a good spot as anyone with an o2 simcard were let in first but somehow I made it to the front centre stage and when the gorgeous big girls went on stage was right at the barrier, the position couldn't have been better. Right in front of Mika and lots of eye contact.

Words seem inadequate to explain how amazing, gorgeous and talented he was :)

Although I don't have anything to compare the performance to - he was electric. He himself said he was in a "wierd mood" due to "staying up until 4 am the nght before watching the winter olympics and eating 3 packets of spearmint extra strong mints"!!

He seemed very pissed off though at the end of (I think it was We Are Golden) looked like there was some feedback issues in his earpiece and I saw the dreaded death stare!!

I never wanted it to end and his whole performance seemed to last about 10 minutes, it went so fast!

Afterwards we waited backstage and he came out and signed a setlist, I managed to gush something and got a "thank you very much" in return!!

It was an amazing experience and one that I will never forget, not just for Mika but for all you lovely people I met too, thank you for welcoming me and putting up with my manic high afterwards!! And thank you to Sharon who helped me get home safely as the stupid trains stopped at 9 pm.

Filmed the meet and greet and will post a link once I have uploaded it.

Edited by Karimah

Wow :wub2:

Its so nice going to a gig and having older members (in the view of time here) mixing in with the newbies .. love the community .. even in the freezing cold Q I really like chatting along with you lot.

So 12 I got there , we built a snowman .. the first MFC snowman :wub2::roftl:

Several hours of Qing is brutal , John came along 5.45 ish and whisked a few people away to be the big girls and lolly girls.Then shortly after 3 (yes 3) Q's were formed .. one of standing 02 sim cards , one not and one for seating...

Mika came on 9 :wub2: . amazing .. we all know what an incredible artist he is .. but when you see him .. what an amazing amazing talent.

I must say I dont get :blush-anim-cl: Rain at the start as much as Relax .... I missed the keyboard intro .. the darkness then BOOM hes there ..the effect of David there (bless he really is good doing that) didnt work as well for me.With relax it just seemed to build , then BOOM hes there ..you need a song at the start that build and although rain does it just didnt seem to be the same .. my view anyways :blush-anim-cl:

So ..its just amazing , I LOVED imma I must say .. she fits so so well with the whole thing,Jimmy also all posed and composed , Cherisse doing her thang and Martin smiling down .. great stuff.

Touches you was amazing! , we are golden blew me away all in with the new older songs ....

He asked the crowd to close their eyes .. then he said after 3 jump , so he went 1 .. 2 .. 3 and I looked behind :shocked: wow .. people were going NUTS!

He looks great , the man just shows so much stage presence :wub2: ... I feel lucky to see him in such small venues .. maybe the 3rd album it will go bigger huh?

Great show , great people ... getting back in the groove:biggrin2:

Awwww your turn will come

Small story ... at the end when the balloons came down for lollipop .. as always people are bouncing them around and the big girl next to imma was struggling (were you? .. whoever you are) .. this huge head .. must be hard to balance .. anyways .. I guess Im one of the few staring at imma .. most eyes are on Mika so ...

This balloon comes to me , I leaps up and hits it BOOM and it hits the big girl bam on the mask : ... ohh Im SORRY whoever you were

Imma looked at me shaking her head open mouthed .. and you realise

Standing up there with these massive heads and balloons bouncing off you cant be easy

Oh, Freddie, poor girl...

Biekje told me how weird it is to dance with the mask on, to say the least, not even to mention avoiding tripping on things on the floor...

So, next BG's beware, avoid tripping and FD's ballons, too...:roftl:

Well what can I say? Leeds was my first Mika gig and Oh My God it couldn't have been any better!

I arrived at about 3.30 and met the wonderful MFC'ers who were so kind and welcoming to me. It was so great to chat to people who were also obsessed with the sexiest man alive :)

I did initially think at 37 I was too old to be going to a Mika gig but yesterday showed me that age is but a number and felt like a bloody teenager again!

I got a bit apprehensive towards the time for going into the venue as it appeared that it didn't matter if you had turned up early to try and get a good spot as anyone with an o2 simcard were let in first but somehow I made it to the front centre stage and when the gorgeous big girls went on stage was right at the barrier, the position couldn't have been better. Right in front of Mika and lots of eye contact.

Although I don't have anything to compare the performance to - he was electric. He himself said he was in a "wierd mood" due to "staying up until 4 am the nght before watching the winter olympics and eating 3 packets of spearmint extra strong mints"!!

He seemed very pissed off though at the end of (I think it was We Are Golden) looked like there was some feedback issues in his earpiece and I saw the dreaded death stare!!

I never wanted it to end and his whole performance seemed to last about 10 minutes, it went so fast!

Afterwards we waited backstage and he came out and signed a setlist, I managed to gush something and got a "thank you very much" in return!!

It was an amazing experience and one that I will never forget, not just for Mika but for all you lovely people I met too, thank you for welcoming me and putting up with my manic high afterwards!! And thank you to Sharon who helped me get home safely as the stupid trains stopped at 9 pm.

Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for your report, i'm glad new people are going to the gigs and coming here right after...:thumb_yello:

And, no, 37 is NOT old!:sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

Its so nice going to a gig and having older members (in the view of time here) mixing in with the newbies .. love the community .. even in the freezing cold Q I really like chatting along with you lot.

So 12 I got there , we built a snowman .. the first MFC snowman

Several hours of Qing is brutal , John came along 5.45 ish and whisked a few people away to be the big girls and lolly girls.Then shortly after 3 (yes 3) Q's were formed .. one of standing 02 sim cards , one not and one for seating...

Mika came on 9 amazing .. we all know what an incredible artist he is .. but when you see him .. what an amazing amazing talent.

I must say I dont get Rain at the start as much as Relax .... I missed the keyboard intro .. the darkness then BOOM hes there ..the effect of David there (bless he really is good doing that) didnt work as well for me.With relax it just seemed to build , then BOOM hes there ..you need a song at the start that build and although rain does it just didnt seem to be the same .. my view anyways

So ..its just amazing , I LOVED imma I must say .. she fits so so well with the whole thing,Jimmy also all posed and composed , Cherisse doing her thang and Martin smiling down .. great stuff.

Touches you was amazing! , we are golden blew me away all in with the new older songs ....

He asked the crowd to close their eyes .. then he said after 3 jump , so he went 1 .. 2 .. 3 and I looked behind :shocked: wow .. people were going NUTS!

He looks great , the man just shows so much stage presence :wub2: ... I feel lucky to see him in such small venues .. maybe the 3rd album it will go bigger huh?

Great show , great people ... getting back in the groove

Aren't you using the word BOOM too much today?:mf_rosetinted:

Too much coffee, uh?:naughty:

Thanks for the report..

Edited by willywonka

[/color]

Sara will kill me for this but i just have to...*maybe she only sees it after Glasgow...:naughty:

:mf_rosetinted:

she's the meanest hag that has ever been

saying you're ugly

same as punching my chin

showed her the middle finger

Called her a nasty bitch

Next time time i'm betting she'll criticize my high pitch...:roftl:

belfast47.jpg

Edited by willywonka

:yay: Glad to hear it! Thanks for reporting!

Can't wait to see it! :boing:

Aww thanks, FD! :wub2:

So where's everyone else's report? Are they all on their way to Glasgow? :shocked:

37? you are a mere babe-in-arms :roftl: I'm 47 and 50 weeks :roftl: Come and talk to the oldlings sometime, and you will feel young again :thumb_yello:

Oh, Sara..:lmfao:

foxybacon...

Fantastic gig, despite @mikasounds calling me nasty bitch & giving us the finger. Love him.

about 1 hours ago from mobile web

Gets better. Me:"love u despite ur nasty comments". Him:"It's reciprocal"

half a minute ago from mobile web

still donno why???

Sara will kill me for this but i just have to...*maybe she only sees it after Glasgow...:naughty:

:mf_rosetinted:

she's the meanest hag that has ever been

saying you're ugly

same as punching my chin

showed her the middle finger

Called her a nasty bitch

Next time time i'm betting she'll criticize my high pitch...:roftl:

belfast47.jpg

still donno why???

Here's why...:lmao:

hi all im new to this soo i hope this works

i loves it sooooo much lastnight i couldent get to sleep

and it was my first consert ohhh my good i got tuns and tuns of the glitter (im still pulling it out of my hair)loved every second of it

and thank you to all youwho i meat you whare sooo briliant

hope to see you again

luv G

ps keep smiling

Wow :wub2:

So 12 I got there , we built a snowman .. the first MFC snowman :wub2::roftl:

Mika came on 9 :wub2: . amazing .. we all know what an incredible artist he is .. but when you see him .. what an amazing amazing talent.

I must say I dont get :blush-anim-cl: Rain at the start as much as Relax .... I missed the keyboard intro .. the darkness then BOOM hes there ..the effect of David there (bless he really is good doing that) didnt work as well for me.With relax it just seemed to build , then BOOM hes there ..you need a song at the start that build and although rain does it just didnt seem to be the same .. my view anyways :blush-anim-cl:

It's shame you haven't met him after, but I can se you' ve been totally blown away.:wub2:

Oh, Sara..:lmfao:

foxybacon...

Fantastic gig, despite @mikasounds calling me nasty bitch & giving us the finger. Love him.

about 1 hours ago from mobile web

Gets better. Me:"love u despite ur nasty comments". Him:"It's reciprocal"

half a minute ago from mobile web

What finger LOL:roftl: