Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

I absolutely love this song. The video is great too. Simple, but effective. Mika looks soo hot with those nerd glasses. :wub2: (and the mud and blood on his face:naughty:).

I usually don't like it when he pulls his hair back, but now I see that the glasses were the thing that was missing.

He looks so sophisticated and intellectual, but sexy at the same time.:teehee:

His voice sounds so powerful and different, I think the combination between the low notes and the high ones in the chorus is brilliant. And yes, the theme of the song reminds me of We Are Golden, but this song is whole lot better than WAG IMO. :bleh:

I think Mika should definitely have RedOne as a producer of his 3rd album. The collaboration of the two is obviously very productive and successful. I hope this makes a huge hit. :wub2:

Agreed.:thumb_yello:

*agrees* :thumb_yello:

it is the 'theme' that we are comparing, not the melody, and perhaps also about how best to convey the same message in an upbeat song without trying it too hard.

I agree only with the second sentence and only concerning up tempo Euro beat songs. However, Mika has more to offer than that. I wouldn't mind him experiencing with different producers on different songs but we should not forget about Greg's merits. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses - it is the right balance that needs to be found.

After all, Mika's best songs have all been co-produced by Greg. Let's not forget about that. I like Greg :wub2:

But with this kind of production Mika has definitely brought something new not only in his interpretation and style but also his voice got an amazing intensity and powerness. :wink2:

I can't belive how catchy this song is...I woke up this morning, and unconsciously, the song started to be played in my mind....:lol3: ...or maybe it's because I listened to it so many times, that it's hard now to forget it!!! :wub2:

Yes, it's addicted in a good way. Like some of his old songs.:wub2:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is nice to see some MFCers are still enjoying Kick-Ass & not criticizing every phrase, line & look - when the movie isn't out yet - which the song represents.

I am sorry but twenty four hours ago most of us were getting great enjoyment out of a new Mika song.

Now more than a few are putting their individual spin on every part of the disection wothout having the whole picture.

No wonder Mika refers to us as the Mad F**kers Club!

I am glad Mika reads the topics & not the threads.:thumb_yello:

Mika's Kick-Ass rocks!!

Bravo & Congrats Mika & RedOne!

:sad:

we're just being fans :mf_rosetinted:

smiley.gif

:thumb_yello:

WTF is that? I'm sure that kind of editorial comment violates Wiki standards.

I know, right? :aah:

It is nice to see some MFCers are still enjoying Kick-Ass & not criticizing every phrase, line & look - when the movie isn't out yet - which the song represents.

I am sorry but twenty four hours ago most of us were getting great enjoyment out of a new Mika song.

Now more than a few are putting their individual spin on every part of the disection wothout having the whole picture.

Mika's Kick-Ass rocks!!

Ah Kodes we're not ripping it apart. We're just comparing and contrasting. We all like the song as far as I know, no-one is saying it's a pile of sh*t. I think what we're doing is fine.

And when did Mika refer us as the Mad F*ckers Club? :blink:

New blog post by the way in my signature...:wink2:

LOL I adore the man, 100% of his songs (even the ones in this album I didn't like at first.. :blush-anim-cl:), I still think he cannot dance or act and I don't like several of his videos :naughty:

but I still adore the man to bits. :wub2::mf_rosetinted:

Thats such a nice post :biggrin2:

Its hard not to adhore him:wub2:

That's what I'm calling REAL love.:wub2:

Well, for now I love him just virtually but it will change pretty soon. Hope so.:naughty:

I'm pretty sure Mika and his crew have other reasons for calling us that. :teehee:

Mika's Kick-Ass rocks!!

I couldn't agree more and I told Mika that yesterday on Twitter. This site is for his fans to discuss his work amongst themselves, it's not Mika's inbox. :wink2:

:blink:

I can't remember anyone criticising this song (for a change:teehee:). As far as that is concerned, everyone has the right to tell their opinion. I personally think that it is constructive criticism that builds an artist and not blind adoration. Mika himself referred to something similar at one of his UK gigs:wink2:

Of course, we could post

:wub2:s and

:clap:s and

:bow:s and

:groupwave:s and

be :fangurl:ing each and every time Mika opens his mouth, but that would be the end of MFC , I suppose.

I really enjoy discussions even (or mainly) with people who have a different opinion from me.

As far as I am aware, it was the band calling the regular concert goers "Mad F**kers Club" - so no reason you should take it personally :wink2:

I am glad you like the new song - so do I :thumb_yello: but I also enjoy reading other people's opinion who see the song in a different light.

I wouldn't quite bet on that :teehee:

I wouldn't either.

But you know if he wants to eavesdrop on us he does so at his own risk. He's heard it all before anyway. Nothing new and shocking has happened since last summer that's for sure. :naughty:

I wouldn't either.

But you know if he wants to eavesdrop on us he does so at his own risk. He's heard it all before anyway. Nothing new and shocking has happened since last summer that's for sure. :naughty:

Yeah, with WAG over and done with now I think the worst has happened lol :naughty::teehee:

Hi Mika :bye:

I am glad you like the new song - so do I :thumb_yello: but I also enjoy reading other people's opinion who see the song in a different light.

So do I because if people (including Mika) did not discuss them I would not "get" half his works.

Yeah, with WAG over and done with now I think the worst has happened lol :naughty::teehee:

Hi Mika :bye:

I hold Mika entirely responsible for any new and shocking aspects of the WAG video discussions. It's not MFC's fault he was dancing around 3/4 nekkid with his hands down his pants and a giant penis hat on his head. :roftl:

I am certainly not criticising Kick Ass- I have said repeatedly that I love it (I'm a bit confused, as Kodes quotes me as someone who still loves KA but I was also the one doing the llne by line stuff) It's not as if we were comparing it to a song by another artist! I mean, if this is a distinct new sound- great we all love the fact that his songs don't all sound the same. And if a movie maker loved WAG enough to say "that's just what we need for a potential hit movie- can you do another?" that's great.

I'm not in a position to judge how much the sound of the song is down to RedOne. I think the video will get a lot of airtime if people are looking forward to the movie. But there's a little warning bell in the back of my mind pointing out that a lot of the posts in the KAn threads are very much like the posts in the "why Rain will be a huge hit threads"- which I strongly supported- but which were dead wrong.

LMFAO....I was looking through the 2009 yearbook...got to the "favourite song" section and started reading my own message...

I wrote: "I love WAG...it’s uplifting and inspirational.

Makes you believe in yourself and want to kick ass."

LOLLLLLZ.

IT WAS A PREMONITION, GUYZ.

That's brilliant :roll1:

But the fact that the guy in the movie also goes from bespectacled to not, doesn't change the fact that it's a lazy bit of characterisation IMO. (Why doesn't he wear his contacts to school? Or don't you need good eyesight to clean up the streets)

I'm very hazy on superman, but I thought it was the complete opposite scenario- Clark Kent was a real superhero disguised as a stereotypical geek, while Kick Ass is an ordinary guy disguised as a stereotypical superhero? (if you look at the book on amazon, one pic says something like "I'm neither a jock nor a geek") :dunno:

But there's a little warning bell in the back of my mind pointing out that a lot of the posts in the KAn threads are very much like the posts in the "why Rain will be a huge hit threads"- which I strongly supported- but which were dead wrong.

I think the major difference is that Rain is not the title track on a soundtrack that has serious potential to be a blockbuster in western English speaking countries.

I don't necessarily think this song is going to break open the American market for Mika (anything is possible,...) but it certainly has the potential to expose his name and at least one song to a lot of people who were never going to be aware of TBWKTM.

I'm very hazy on superman, but I thought it was the complete opposite scenario- Clark Kent was a real superhero disguised as a stereotypical geek, while Kick Ass is an ordinary guy disguised as a stereotypical superhero? (if you look at the book on amazon, one pic says something like "I'm neither a jock nor a geek") :dunno:

Okay so we're back to the original hypothesis. An average looking guy who discovers he's hot when he takes off his glasses and puts on a tight pair of trousers and a dead parrot cumberbund. :naughty:

I think the major difference is that Rain is not the title track on a soundtrack that has serious potential to be a blockbuster in western English speaking countries.

I don't necessarily think this song is going to break open the American market for Mika (anything is possible,...) but it certainly has the potential to expose his name and at least one song to a lot of people who were never going to be aware of TBWKTM.

Okay so we're back to the original hypothesis. An average looking guy who discovers he's hot when he takes off his glasses and puts on a tight pair of trousers and a dead parrot cumberbund. :naughty:

Yeah- I'm sure the dead parrot cummerbund was in the original video storyboard! :roftl: Maybe the actor wears one in the superhero scenes? I'm not saying KA is all stereotypes by a long way- I'd hope Mika wouldn't have agreed if it was- but it's not as imaginative as some vids. I like the feathers- but I do wish he'd left his fringe down.

I think the movie's a huge boost for Mika- though I think it's more important that it's a hyped film than that people like it when they see it- because by then they'll have seen geeky Meeks about a million times by way of watching the trailers. But there was a lot of talk of producers and up to date sounds in the Rain threads- which I was QUITE CERTAIN was gonna put Mika on the map

It's available for download!??? :shocked:

If it is then where can I find it?!?!?!! I videoed it on my phone last night so now I have the vid as my ring tone and alarm :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

But I really want to download it!!!!!!!

Just a friendly reminder concerning the guidelines:

5. Any Mika-related material that can be purchased through regular channels

cannot be posted.

So keep that in mind :pinkbow: I'm sure it will appear on itunes soon :)

yeah! The BETTER part and WE AAAAAAARE FREE.

love love LOVE them!!!

aaah. :mf_lustslow:

*agrees* I love all of it tho...I still wouldn't want all of Mika's music to sound like that. So I'm not too happy about the idea of RedOne producing Mika's whole third album ... I like Greg too :wub2: