Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

Guys, i don't know if this is the appropriate thread to discuss this, but i read somewhere that there is a new kick ass movie soon to be realesed. Is mika going to participate in the soundtrack again ?? :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HERE's the trailer . . .

[YOUTUBE]y6SSzRIZQJI[/YOUTUBE]

And posters for the primary characters . . .

I really liked the song MIKA did for the first film. Beyond me how they used it.

I asked MIKA 'bout doing a song for the 2ND film on Twitter, but you know how that goes.

Edited by A. Clay

It was actually very curious to me that he mentioned having a new song "for an american film" and then maybe a day later the Kick Ass 2 trailer came out. It sure is awfully coincidental.

Well, I guess time will tell.

If he has done another song for them, I sure hope they put it to better use.

Well, I guess time will tell.

If he has done another song for them, I sure hope they put it to better use.

I never saw the movie because my friends told me not to bother :blush-anim-cl: but I hope he can write another song. I love "kick - ass" (the song) :wub2:

It was actually very curious to me that he mentioned having a new song "for an american film" and then maybe a day later the Kick Ass 2 trailer came out. It sure is awfully coincidental.

I hope it's a coincidence, but if it is true we'll all have to go onto the site and tell them, in no uncertain terms, what we think of how badly they treated the song and Mika, in the first film, and tell them we want the song IN the movie, not at the bum-end of the credits, and that the video needs to be part of the bonus features on the DVD, and that the whole thing with Mika needs better advertising and publicity this time around.

But I'm hoping it's a different movie he's written a song for and that he'll get treated right by whoever it is.

I hope it's a coincidence, but if it is true we'll all have to go onto the site and tell them, in no uncertain terms, what we think of how badly they treated the song and Mika, in the first film, and tell them we want the song IN the movie, not at the bum-end of the credits, and that the video needs to be part of the bonus features on the DVD, and that the whole thing with Mika needs better advertising and publicity this time around.

But I'm hoping it's a different movie he's written a song for and that he'll get treated right by whoever it is.

Agreed :thumb_yello:

But lots of movies are coming out! We are approaching a very good time for blockbusters, so it could be anything!

But lots of movies are coming out! We are approaching a very good time for blockbusters, so it could be anything!

Well I've commented anyway. I said there was a rumour and I know it might not be true, but it gave me a chance to say how badly Mika and his song were treated last time. It might make people listen to We Are Young if they didn't realise it was there.

I'm hoping it is a different film though.

I never saw the movie because my friends told me not to bother :blush-anim-cl: but I hope he can write another song. I love "kick - ass" (the song) :wub2:

I went to the movie just because of MIKA's song.

It's a great song, I think and it sounded great in the theater,

BUT very few heard it.

It was only played at the very last of the end credits.

So that was a big disappointment.

PS: My son loved the movie and can't wait for KA-II.

Edited by A. Clay

I went to the movie just because of MIKA's song.

It's a great song, I think and it sounded great in the theater,

BUT very few heard it.

It was only played at the very last of the end credits.

So that was a big disappointment.

PS: My son loved the movie and can't wait for KA-II.

yeah, so I've heard. My friends saw the movie and they knew about the MIKA song and then when I spoke to them and I asked about the song they told me that it was not on the movie and they only saw a bit of the credits to see if the song was there, but nothing. So, I understand the problem.

It's a real shame how "Kick-Ass" was treated :sneaky2:- Such a fantastic song, which could have been a huge hit!! :doh: But what happened?! Only MIKAs fans got to know it - it should not be possible ...

I'm really excited about this new song - but I do hope it's for another movie :fisch:

Love,love

me

Well I've commented anyway. I said there was a rumour and I know it might not be true, but it gave me a chance to say how badly Mika and his song were treated last time. It might make people listen to We Are Young if they didn't realise it was there.

I'm hoping it is a different film though.

Based upon my experiences, unfortunately movie makers only collaborate with singers to advertise the movie with the song and its video on music televisions. They rarely put the song into the movie, they keep it for the credits... I don't understand it but it seems like that's how it works. For example, Adam Lambert recorded a song for 2012 and Leona Lewis for Avatar but neither of the songs were played during the movies. If Mika's making a song for a new movie, then I really hope that it's gonna be for something bigger than Kick-Ass II so he can get more spotlight this time.

Based upon my experiences, unfortunately movie makers only collaborate with singers to advertise the movie with the song and its video on music televisions. They rarely put the song into the movie, they keep it for the credits... I don't understand it but it seems like that's how it works. For example, Adam Lambert recorded a song for 2012 and Leona Lewis for Avatar but neither of the songs were played during the movies. If Mika's making a song for a new movie, then I really hope that it's gonna be for something bigger than Kick-Ass II so he can get more spotlight this time.

Indeed, I think the only time songs get any major spotlight at all in films, is if it's in a Quentin Tarantino film,or if it's the theme to a Bond movie. Otherwise it's quick clips of songs between/during scenes or at the end when the credits are rolling.

Indeed, I think the only time songs get any major spotlight at all in films, is if it's in a Quentin Tarantino film,or if it's the theme to a Bond movie. Otherwise it's quick clips of songs between/during scenes or at the end when the credits are rolling.

Yeah, something like that, unfortunately :doh:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm from Boston -- I made a 'Love Video' for the people of Boston and put some images

from the past several days to the song Kick Ass (We Are Young).

The heart of this song really resonated in my heart and mind during this time...

c6e5000d-982c-4017-9d61-6ccdb82122b9_zps9debc973.jpg[/center]

Edited by omdeliom
will get the hang of posting a link one day...!

[YOUTUBE]ESw3KFyWX2g[/YOUTUBE]

I'm from Boston -- I made a 'Love Video' for the people of Boston and put some images

The heart of this song really resonated in my heart and mind during this time...

c6e5000d-982c-4017-9d61-6ccdb82122b9_zps9debc973.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

c6e5000d-982c-4017-9d61-6ccdb82122b9_zps9debc973.jpg[/center]

That's a lovely thing you did. It was so upsetting for all in the world when the Boston Marathon was bombed.

It's a shame no one can comment on your vid, and Mika's Kick-Ass song goes really well with it. Well done!

Thanks so much for posting the video itself on the forum A. Clay! And Marilyn -- so happy that you enjoyed it!

As I was watching all the footage they were showing here on tv, and getting emails and phone calls from well-meaning friends in who knew I lived in Boston, I realized there was so much focus on the terror and tragedy...

And in fact there were SO many extraordinary beings who ran TO the explosion to help in any way they could... doctors and nurses who completed the marathon, THEN immediately ran to help the victims and went on to care for them in the hospitals... runners who also completed the marathon, then ran another 2 miles to donate blood... and the AMAZING positive, grateful, hate-free attitudes of those who were injured - even losing limbs... What a beautiful teaching that is! I also thought our mayor and governor handled everything beautifully... Angels were everywhere!!!

There was SO much positive and supportive energy in the air -- and I love putting images to Mika's songs... And to me, Kick Ass was absolutely perfect for conveying the 'Boston Strong!' heart and message that I wanted to celebrate...

Big Boston Love to the both of you!!!

1335ff35-f3fe-4137-953a-89c335095dd7_zps6819518c.jpg

Thanks so much for posting the video itself on the forum A. Clay! And Marilyn -- so happy that you enjoyed it!

As I was watching all the footage they were showing here on tv, and getting emails and phone calls from well-meaning friends in who knew I lived in Boston, I realized there was so much focus on the terror and tragedy...

And in fact there were SO many extraordinary beings who ran TO the explosion to help in any way they could... doctors and nurses who completed the marathon, THEN immediately ran to help the victims and went on to care for them in the hospitals... runners who also completed the marathon, then ran another 2 miles to donate blood... and the AMAZING positive, grateful, hate-free attitudes of those who were injured - even losing limbs... What a beautiful teaching that is! I also thought our mayor and governor handled everything beautifully... Angels were everywhere!!!

There was SO much positive and supportive energy in the air -- and I love putting images to Mika's songs... And to me, Kick Ass was absolutely perfect for conveying the 'Boston Strong!' heart and message that I wanted to celebrate...

Amazing how the song fits! Beautiful work;-) being from Montreal, Boston is really close to me. I love the city! Thanks for sharing!

BostonMagCover_0.jpg

'We Will Finish the Race' :

Boston Magazine's May Cover

Published: April 25, 2013

http://adage.com/article/creativity-pick-of-the-day/finish-race-boston-magazine-s-cover/241110/

Edited by A. Clay

Hi Catherine -- so happy you liked the video.

I really love Montreal -- I'm a vegan now, but I used to love Schwartz's Delicatessen (OMG - their Smoked Meat?!!! THE BEST!!!!)...

Good food is certainly one of Montreal's highlights:thumb_yello:

A.Clay -- Bless You for that beautiful Boston Magazine cover! I subscribe to that magazine, and didn't receive this issue yet... and didn't see that cover until I saw your post just now! Wow -- that's really quite beautiful... THANK YOU!!!!!

197c6c06-bb18-4728-9c0b-9cc98c4a07d8_zps6536424a.jpg