• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She's backkkk!:roftl::roftl:

She can count.:roftl::roftl:

Sorry Caz - I just woke up recently.

:roftl: Dude, you're getting lazy with your bolding!

No airplay (except for R2) - what do you expect?

The record company could at least advertise it.

Same ol' sh*t, eh? There are no posters anywhere. No adverts on TV. I don't watch music channels often but I haven't seen Kick Ass on there...I know it has been played...but not very often I don't think...in 2007 I could flick through the channels at whatever time of day and see Grace Kelly or Big Girl randomly, heck, even WAG, but not the past 3 singles.

Honestly, what the heck is wrong with some people?!

I've tried to get the song put on the playlist at work so customers can hear it, I *think* it might be on there soon. Will it make a difference? Probably not at all, but at least I'm trying and probably doing a lot more than the promoters...:aah:

Though to be fair, Mika hasn't promoted it either, but he's been on a freakin' tour. Honestly, singles come first, tour comes later. (though understandably the Kick Ass thing came at bad timing, but Mika was touring before the album even came out...I think singles should come before this, music should promote the tour and not the other way round. IMO)

Edited by CazGirl

Like I've said before though, it's not simply a woeful lack of promotion and airplay that's contributed to this situation. It's also the ridiculous timing of the whole thing.

There was a real buzz about the single on the internet...about five or six weeks ago :dunno: That's when there should have been a push to promote it, that's when the EP should have been released. It's way way too late now, the buzz has gone, the moment has passed. :boxed:

I know singles are not considered as important as touring and album sales these days and I for one accept that and realise that it's the way the industry is heading, but I still can't help but feel really let down by the way KA's potential as a big chart single has been mishandled.

Hey all,

I decided to cover Kick Ass, in order to celebrate it's release today.

(The video quality is terrible, since I used my sister's old camera to record. My younger sister killed mine. Luckily, I recorded the audio separate, and so that came through okay. =])

:roftl: Dude, you're getting lazy with your bolding!

Same ol' sh*t, eh? There are no posters anywhere. No adverts on TV. I don't watch music channels often but I haven't seen Kick Ass on there...I know it has been played...but not very often I don't think...in 2007 I could flick through the channels at whatever time of day and see Grace Kelly or Big Girl randomly, heck, even WAG, but not the past 3 singles.

Honestly, what the heck is wrong with some people?!

I've tried to get the song put on the playlist at work so customers can hear it, I *think* it might be on there soon. Will it make a difference? Probably not at all, but at least I'm trying and probably doing a lot more than the promoters...:aah:

Though to be fair, Mika hasn't promoted it either, but he's been on a freakin' tour. Honestly, singles come first, tour comes later. (though understandably the Kick Ass thing came at bad timing, but Mika was touring before the album even came out...I think singles should come before this, music should promote the tour and not the other way round. IMO)

Yes ... he's on tour isn't he ... and it's a song he's not even bothering to play live yet ... yes I know they stick it on at the end of the concert ... but can you blame people for not knowing about it ... At the gigs ... does every single person stay in place and listen to it ... I'm sure alot of people leave the minute the house lights go up ... I know I normally do ... I know it's gonna be played though ... so I won't be doing that In Amsterdam - it's just such a shame - cos' it's an amazing song :aah:

Virgin music-on-demand have it as a featured vid- so at least someone's got taste. It's also in the "most played" list (last time I looked) Drop in the ocean though

I really don't get it- and I'm sorry, but I think the journo who called this second album a fiasco had a point- these chartings are ridiculous compared to the first album.

I only half agree about the promotion- if people wanted to see or hear it, the "younger" radio and the music channels would play it. Radio 2 listeners probably don't buy singles often- I never do, except to support an artist or a charity. I have absolutely no idea why he's not singng it at gigs

Virgin music-on-demand have it as a featured vid- so at least someone's got taste. It's also in the "most played" list (last time I looked) Drop in the ocean though

I really don't get it- and I'm sorry, but I think the journo who called this second album a fiasco had a point- these chartings are ridiculous compared to the first album.

I only half agree about the promotion- if people wanted to see or hear it, the "younger" radio and the music channels would play it. Radio 2 listeners probably don't buy singles often- I never do, except to support an artist or a charity. I have absolutely no idea why he's not singng it at gigs

I agree that the whole thing is suspect.

The single should actually have been titled Half-Assed. That would sum it up (not the quality of the record, but everything else surrounding it).

Like I've said before though, it's not simply a woeful lack of promotion and airplay that's contributed to this situation. It's also the ridiculous timing of the whole thing.

There was a real buzz about the single on the internet...about five or six weeks ago :dunno: That's when there should have been a push to promote it, that's when the EP should have been released. It's way way too late now, the buzz has gone, the moment has passed. :boxed:

I know singles are not considered as important as touring and album sales these days and I for one accept that and realise that it's the way the industry is heading, but I still can't help but feel really let down by the way KA's potential as a big chart single has been mishandled.

Yes, agree: The timing is just way too late. As for promotion though, there is certainly a lack of it, I remember when Spiderman came out and Nickelback's song Hero or whatever it's called was played everywhere. Everywhere.

That's why it needed to be on Radio One. The people who listen to R2 probably don't download singles.

But I agree, it's rediculous. It's the theme from a blockbuster movie and should have been played everywhere. Even the video has been removed from YT, and at least the vid was promoting the song.

Why oh why isn't Mika singing it? It's not as if he can't get the notes! It's much easier to sing than Rain and would have the crowd so excited with the "We AAAAARE Free" bit. I really don't understand what's going on here. The fans are the only ones promoting the single, while the record company sit on their Asses. their Asses are the ones that need kicking imo.

That's why it needed to be on Radio One. The people who listen to R2 probably don't download singles.

But I agree, it's rediculous. It's the theme from a blockbuster movie and should have been played everywhere. Even the video has been removed from YT, and at least the vid was promoting the song.

Why oh why isn't Mika singing it? It's not as if he can't get the notes! It's much easier to sing than Rain and would have the crowd so excited with the "We AAAAARE Free" bit. I really don't understand what's going on here. The fans are the only ones promoting the single, while the record company sit on their Asses. their Asses are the ones that need kicking imo.

It's about the music as well, though, isn't it. The music in the song is quite electronic so they'd probably need to re-arrange or get the band members to learn it, which would be fine, but it's about finding the time to rehearse it, which is a bit hard when you're on tour lol

It's about the music as well, though, isn't it. The music in the song is quite electronic so they'd probably need to re-arrange or get the band members to learn it, which would be fine, but it's about finding the time to rehearse it, which is a bit hard when you're on tour lol

He could sing an acustic version of it, couldn't he?

Sorry if he has time to learn La Solitude they have time to bloody do Kick-Ass :aah:

I wouldn't even care if it wasn't perfect (and I'm sure most MFC'ers would be the same) - just as long as he did it ... I want to hear it live ... I thought hopefully as he was doing the arena shows it might crop up and we'd have a chance of hearing it in Amsterdam ... but ... nope :aah:

can anyone tell me is this a download only singel because ive been to three diffreent HMV shops/stors and theres no sine of it (its not even on there computers)

Download only I'm afraid ... no physical single that you can buy ... which sucks ... cos' I love my CD's :(

Did anyone post the Mika VEVO link for the video?

I am sure this must be why they were removing it from the other links.

So we can tweet that video link to various people too.:thumb_yello:

I'm still trying to find out what you did .... :biggrin2:

as i sead ive been to three HMV shops

where i was told that there was no such CD...(i got extreamly err...lets say upset) so i demanded to see the shop maniger and was told the same thing (i soo didnt meen to) but i blew up at all three mangers (made shuch a huge sceen)*goes red*

Hey all,

(The video quality is terrible, since I used my sister's old camera to record. My younger sister killed mine. Luckily, I recorded the audio separate, and so that came through okay. =])

Bravo Bonzaboy!

Beautiful.

Hey all,

wow realy good

Hey all,

You did a brilliant job, well done!!