FastForward Magazin

Lee-Ann

The Fastforward Magazin has an article about Mika's gig in London at it's technical problems.

It's written in german, I have no time now for an translation, sorry.

Anyone wants to translate it?

Maybe I'll do it in the next days

http://fastforward-magazine.de/?p=3791

EDIT:

Well, a translation from an internet translator. I didn't check it for any grammar mistakes. Feel free to correct mistakes :)

This month MIKA comes within the scope of his European tour to Germany. We have played in London already once little mouse.

1 o'clock at night. In the meantime, in the Hammersmith Apollo, a concert hall in the west of London, the hall lights have went out again. In home go is not to be thought at this night, however, yet, at least not for the light engineers who accompany MIKA on his topical European tour. They are still occupied to repair the technical problems of the evening. The atmosphere in an empty space in which four hours ago another 5,000 eager spectators have raved ecstatically around the bet is indescribable. The floor is still covered with a layer Glitter. It was sometimes again a very golden evening.

Then, nevertheless, at that time we still experience the light show which should have taken place few hours before, actually. Unfortunately, MIKA had no luck in that evening with his technology. More than fifty percent of the equipment left him during the show and let the footlights accustomed popstar increasingly desperate work. In the end, in a very emotional version of "Happy Ending" he fanned himself and asked his audience further to take part, in spite of a show which he would have had to break off according to own information, actually. It was like a small, even brought on showbiz miracle: At the moment at which the cosong choirs reached her climax the lights began again. And, finally, MIKA could return to old form and demand of his audience to numbers like „ We ares Golden “ and "Grace Kelly" once again everything. Concerts in London are home matches for MIKA, above all if they take place in the Hammersmith Apollo, in immediate nearness of the area in which he has spent a large part of his youth and lives even today. There it clear of course that he especially pins up his claims in himself and his show. The average Konzertgänger might at most have noted, that the stage, almost diminishedly on white light and a pursuer, looked a little bit scanty. This did to the enthusiasm in Mika's performance, nevertheless, no demolition. If we call it with the name: While the general public here in Germany can force itself not yet so surely to see in MIKA more than one One-Hit-Wonder ("Grace Kelly" booked in 2007 place 4 of the German single charts), he is in England and France for example an absolute superstar. To be allowed to enjoy the privilege, his show in the sold off Hammersmith Apollo from the first row without having to queue for it, I appreciate in the holiest way. At least, the first followers occupied the place before the theatre already in the early morning hours. Seldom I have heard so many "I Love You" calls from the audience. And the blaugerüschte underpants which flew on the right along me on the stage were something to be proud of also. A male friend of me finds impertinent how one can make by the dozen women like men weak with knock-knees in tube Jeans. I do not become tired to explain it over and over again: MIKA is definitively one of the best Live-Performer of our time. For his European tour he produces the best songs of his both albums before a LED-Screen in form of a colossal diary. The borders between big show and intimate musical experience become blurred with him still with the same ease like with his first big tour which has led him last in 2007 to Germany. I am sure, we will also come to the pleasure of the complete light show. Whom interest there already knock-knees.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know the ones who wrote this article, they're 2 nice ladies from berlin who run this online magazine and are huge mika fans. :naughty: fab to have someone who's making sure that mika gets some good press/promotion in germany. :biggrin2:

i know the ones who wrote this article, they're 2 nice ladies from berlin who run this online magazine and are huge mika fans. :naughty: fab to have someone who's making sure that mika gets some good press/promotion in germany. :biggrin2:

Yes it is! T4P

Is the magazine well-known in Germany? Does it have many readers?

i don't know... from what i know, it's only an online magazine, not a printed one. they should have some readers though, they're always writing interesting music news & reviews and advertise their magazine on twitter, facebook etc. :wink2:

The Fastforward Magazin has an article about Mika's gig in London at it's technical problems.

It's written in german, I have no time now for an translation, sorry.

Anyone wants to translate it?

Maybe I'll do it in the next days

http://fastforward-magazine.de/?p=3791

EDIT:

Well, a translation from an internet translator. I didn't check it for any grammar mistakes. Feel free to correct mistakes :)

This month MIKA comes within the scope of his European tour to Germany. We have played in London already once little mouse.

1 o'clock at night. In the meantime, in the Hammersmith Apollo, a concert hall in the west of London, the hall lights have went out again. In home go is not to be thought at this night, however, yet, at least not for the light engineers who accompany MIKA on his topical European tour. They are still occupied to repair the technical problems of the evening. The atmosphere in an empty space in which four hours ago another 5,000 eager spectators have raved ecstatically around the bet is indescribable. The floor is still covered with a layer Glitter. It was sometimes again a very golden evening.

Then, nevertheless, at that time we still experience the light show which should have taken place few hours before, actually. Unfortunately, MIKA had no luck in that evening with his technology. More than fifty percent of the equipment left him during the show and let the footlights accustomed popstar increasingly desperate work. In the end, in a very emotional version of "Happy Ending" he fanned himself and asked his audience further to take part, in spite of a show which he would have had to break off according to own information, actually. It was like a small, even brought on showbiz miracle: At the moment at which the cosong choirs reached her climax the lights began again. And, finally, MIKA could return to old form and demand of his audience to numbers like „ We ares Golden “ and "Grace Kelly" once again everything. Concerts in London are home matches for MIKA, above all if they take place in the Hammersmith Apollo, in immediate nearness of the area in which he has spent a large part of his youth and lives even today. There it clear of course that he especially pins up his claims in himself and his show. The average Konzertgänger might at most have noted, that the stage, almost diminishedly on white light and a pursuer, looked a little bit scanty. This did to the enthusiasm in Mika's performance, nevertheless, no demolition. If we call it with the name: While the general public here in Germany can force itself not yet so surely to see in MIKA more than one One-Hit-Wonder ("Grace Kelly" booked in 2007 place 4 of the German single charts), he is in England and France for example an absolute superstar. To be allowed to enjoy the privilege, his show in the sold off Hammersmith Apollo from the first row without having to queue for it, I appreciate in the holiest way. At least, the first followers occupied the place before the theatre already in the early morning hours. Seldom I have heard so many "I Love You" calls from the audience. And the blaugerüschte underpants which flew on the right along me on the stage were something to be proud of also. A male friend of me finds impertinent how one can make by the dozen women like men weak with knock-knees in tube Jeans. I do not become tired to explain it over and over again: MIKA is definitively one of the best Live-Performer of our time. For his European tour he produces the best songs of his both albums before a LED-Screen in form of a colossal diary. The borders between big show and intimate musical experience become blurred with him still with the same ease like with his first big tour which has led him last in 2007 to Germany. I am sure, we will also come to the pleasure of the complete light show. Whom interest there already knock-knees.

Well it's great to read these lines. They give him all the credit which he deserves. T4P Lee Ann:thumb_yello:

I found the article cause I subsribed the FastForward Magazine on Facebook, as mellody already said, they promote it on Twitter and Facebook.

Feels good to read sth positive about Mika with enthusiasm:thumb_yello::mf_rosetinted:

Love this review, and it was great how he didn't let the technical problems stop him from carrying on, I know he said at one point he was told to stop, but he wouldn't.

T4P:thumb_yello:

This is great reading :wub2:

A male friend of me finds impertinent how one can make by the dozen women like men weak with knock-knees in tube Jeans.

Ive never seen as such a good line :mf_lustslow:

I had to laugh when I read this line :lmfao:

Knock-knees in tube Jeans

Brillant a nice read too :biggrin2:

Drain pipe jeans , actually I think they are thinner than that even , his legs looked mighty thin

Are drain pipe jeans even smaller than tube jeans?

You as a fashion god have to know about that!

Archived