REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ KB Hallen in Copenhagen, Denmark March 15 2010

Fmbm

Hey :biggrin2:

It' been a while since I've been posting anything, but I just wanted to say that it really was an amazing koncert!

I'll post some pictures (and maybe videos) later, now I really need some rest :aah:

See ya all again in June :biggrin2:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heheheh I love google translate xD can make so little sense sometimes.. but it's great with such good reviews! especially the gaffa one. Being the forgetful git I am I forgot to check metro and urban.. have you seen if they did a review? since metro had an interview with him yesterday I figured they might write about the gig too..

Nope havent checked yet... havent been outside yet but i will check later :thumb_yello:

wonder where he did the 2 interview to.... Boogie and some magz?

I dont think anyone translated the Berlingske interview which Dark Angel posted yet so here it is! Im embarrased with my English tonight I must say... sorry for the bad translations!!!!! hope you enjoy all the same :)

A figure sits leaning over a desk. He’s manically drawing on a piece of paper, and every line gets projected up on the screen behind him where a face slowly appears from the black and white.

Innocent eyes, wild curls and a kind of childish twist to the lips. That is 26 year old Michael Holbrook Penniman, better known as Mika, who moments later steps out below the drawing of himself, while girls shriek and boys applaud him.

An elegant and playful beginning which says quite a bit about the Lebanese-American fellow who through two super – selling releases has produced a (okay this paragraph is badly translated but to be honest Im not quite sure what ‘trakteret’ means in this context… DANES HELP!) vital (?), hyper-melodic pop, which will make any life-fearing protestant nervous, and shows where glitter and fun theatrics run in and out of the songs.

And Monday night at KB hallen is no exception. After the opening track Rain, which Mika performs in white shirt and (dunno the English word for this, but the journalist refers to Mika’s short jacket with the long backside.) – which makes him look like a young David Copperfield – then a huge woman’s leg gets inflated on the side of the stage.

Later the band begins on ‘Big girls you are beautiful’ – which the young fans have already guessed as soon as the giant leg appaears, and the obviously love Mika, who then gets on top of his piano and performs a solo on trumpet –blowing into his hands.

Pop, rock and club tricks

Yes, the impressions are numerous, and are too in the rest of the an hour and a half long set, which music-wise works best when Mika puts a lot of energy into it.

When he tries with the earnest and quiet songs, though, he doesn’t quite deliver and seems boring and untrustworthy. (I DISAGREE!!!)

No, he’s definitely best when playing his up beat tracks which are perfect for his boyish energy and falsetto, which has made him such a recognizable brand across the media of the world.

Strongest is the three-steps-fireball (weirdly translated.. stupid Danish language..) towards the end where the hits “Relax, take it easy”, “Love today” and “We are golden” make the entire venue sing and dance, and also points to just how much his mix of pop, rock and club tricks are like Scissor Sisters’. (this to me seems sorta misplaced and like a weird point to make…)

Mika’s music has, however, no sexiness unlike them (the scissor sisters), (WHAT THE HELL!?NO SEX? I BEG TO DIFFER!) and he is more like the postmodern music’s peter pan. Forever child, forever legend.

He underlines that with a bold colored crayon line in Kb Hallen, where the evening comes to an end with golden confetti, giant balloons and fairytale-like costumes.

Of course.

A few vids:

Happy Ending:

We Are Golden:

Blue Eyes:

I See You:

Dr John:

Relax:

Big Girl:

Edit: Lollipop:

If they are still processing, just give them time :wink2:

And, I tried to to upload Love Today (with Mika and Jimmy dancing) to Vimeo, but I guess I didn't manage :aah: It's a huge file, I don't know what to do with it. I don't have movie maker, and I don't know how to half the vid...It keeps saying that video uploaded, but when I go to my vimeo profile it doesn't show anything?? Help :aah:

Amzing vids you got there hope you had lots of fun :thumb_yello:

I dont think anyone translated the Berlingske interview which Dark Angel posted yet so here it is! Im embarrased with my English tonight I must say... sorry for the bad translations!!!!! hope you enjoy all the same :)

A figure sits leaning over a desk. He’s manically drawing on a piece of paper, and every line gets projected up on the screen behind him where a face slowly appears from the black and white.

Innocent eyes, wild curls and a kind of childish twist to the lips. That is 26 year old Michael Holbrook Penniman, better known as Mika, who moments later steps out below the drawing of himself, while girls shriek and boys applaud him.

An elegant and playful beginning which says quite a bit about the Lebanese-American fellow who through two super – selling releases has produced a (okay this paragraph is badly translated but to be honest Im not quite sure what ‘trakteret’ means in this context… DANES HELP!) vital (?), hyper-melodic pop, which will make any life-fearing protestant nervous, and shows where glitter and fun theatrics run in and out of the songs.

And Monday night at KB hallen is no exception. After the opening track Rain, which Mika performs in white shirt and (dunno the English word for this, but the journalist refers to Mika’s short jacket with the long backside.) – which makes him look like a young David Copperfield – then a huge woman’s leg gets inflated on the side of the stage.

Later the band begins on ‘Big girls you are beautiful’ – which the young fans have already guessed as soon as the giant leg appaears, and the obviously love Mika, who then gets on top of his piano and performs a solo on trumpet –blowing into his hands.

Yes, the impressions are numerous, and are too in the rest of the an hour and a half long set, which music-wise works best when Mika puts a lot of energy into it.

When he tries with the earnest and quiet songs, though, he doesn’t quite deliver and seems boring and untrustworthy. (I DISAGREE!!!)

No, he’s definitely best when playing his up beat tracks which are perfect for his boyish energy and falsetto, which has made him such a recognizable brand across the media of the world.

Strongest is the three-steps-fireball (weirdly translated.. stupid Danish language..) towards the end where the hits “Relax, take it easy”, “Love today” and “We are golden” make the entire venue sing and dance, and also points to just how much his mix of pop, rock and club tricks are like Scissor Sisters’. (this to me seems sorta misplaced and like a weird point to make…)

Mika’s music has, however, no sexiness unlike them (the scissor sisters), (WHAT THE HELL!?NO SEX? I BEG TO DIFFER!) and he is more like the postmodern music’s peter pan. Forever child, forever legend.

He underlines that with a bold colored crayon line in Kb Hallen, where the evening comes to an end with golden confetti, giant balloons and fairytale-like costumes.

Of course.

ops. I kinda forgot that. been busy w. a few asking about yesterday. especially about the M&G :lmfao:

And Monday night at KB hallen is no exception. After the opening track Rain, which Mika performs in white shirt and (dunno the English word for this, but the journalist refers to Mika’s short jacket with the long backside.) – which makes him look like a young David Copperfield – then a huge woman’s leg gets inflated on the side of the stage.Later the band begins on ‘Big girls you are beautiful’ – which the young fans have already guessed as soon as the giant leg appaears, and the obviously love Mika, who then gets on top of his piano and performs a solo on trumpet –blowing into his hands.

Mika’s music has, however, no sexiness unlike them (the scissor sisters), (WHAT THE HELL!?NO SEX? I BEG TO DIFFER!) and he is more like the postmodern music’s peter pan. Forever child, forever legend. He underlines that with a bold colored crayon line in Kb Hallen, where the evening comes to an end with golden confetti, giant balloons and fairytale-like costumes.

Of course.

Thanks for translating:thumb_yello:

Well the bolded parts are important and interesting whether I agree or disagree with their point. I love how Danish reporter sees him as a hero from a fairytail (postmodern Peter Pan:wub2:) or a novel (Copefield), but totally disagree with the statement about "unsexiness" of his music (or appearence I didn't get it:blink:), and especially with the part where he says his ballads are boring and somehow weak. But it's some kind of a clishe and stereotype even in my country where people and critics respect mainly his upbeated songs whereas the "earnest" songs treat like rubbish. Totally unfair and wrong IMO.

Just a quick post to give you the links to the videos I took. I didn't have a lot of battery and I saw that Mana was recording a good few songs next to me, so I only recorded a few (no Love Today with the march, unfortunately):

Any Other World

Good Gone Girl

Happy Ending

Relax

They are still processing, so the HD quality won't be there quite yet :thumb_yello:

Just a quick post to give you the links to the videos I took. I didn't have a lot of battery and I saw that Mana was recording a good few songs next to me, so I only recorded a few (no Love Today with the march, unfortunately):

Any Other World

Good Gone Girl

Happy Ending

Relax

They are still processing, so the HD quality won't be there quite yet :thumb_yello:

watching them right now!! thank you!!!

Any Other World

Good Gone Girl

Happy Ending

Relax

T4P, Sara!:thumb_yello:

just found this... Love Today w. the march

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vba-ObwYhRE

:blush-anim-cl:

Which color were you?:mf_rosetinted: