REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ KB Hallen in Copenhagen, Denmark March 15 2010

Fmbm

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

seems like Mika doesn't speak on M&G 2-8.png hmmmm wow the yearbook looks greatttttt!!

Love all reports and pics and vids!! thanks everyone :wub2:

ohhh wonder if he changed the setlist again or not....?

ohhh wonder if he changed the setlist again or not....?

We were told earlier that he would change the set after the UK tour but nobody ever said he would change the setlist. It was only MFC making suggestions on another thread about any possible changes to the setlist. But it seems to have stayed the same in the end. He simply skipped Touches You - perhaps he had problems with his throat and wanted to spare his voice a bit. :dunno:

PS: I am really pleased to see how everyone seems to have had such a great time:thumb_yello:

Edited by suzie

Why exactly isn't he talking in the yearbook vid? Is it because the not wanting to damage his voice outside of gigs? I thought he only did that before a show.. or was it before the show?:boxed:

He didn't talk at all after the gig, had problems with his throat/voice. But he was really sweet when he received the year book :wub2: Thanks for the vid!!

windows movie maker, and cut it in 2 halves. :wink2:

so you said on twitter that mika talked a lot more than usually? what did he say? hehe, maybe he read our thread about the tour suggestions. :teehee:

My son has Movie Maker on his computer, I ask some help. I will upload it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Yes, he talked a lot between and during the songs. It was so much fun, I was wondering if he read our thread, too, lol! He talked some very random things before Toy Boy, I hope Sara or Mana recorded it (Sara usually records everything...?). What he would look like if he suddenly lost his mind during Toy Boy... :roftl: And the dancing with Jimmy was funny, they just did it, I don't think they had ANY plans, Jimmy looked really confused, it was sweet and funny :biggrin2: He also talked Danish many times. He was very relaxed, it was a pity he couldn't talk after the gig, because he is lovely when he relaxed like that... :wub2:

My son has Movie Maker on his computer, I ask some help. I will upload it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Yes, he talked a lot between and during the songs. It was so much fun, I was wondering if he read our thread, too, lol! He talked some very random things before Toy Boy, I hope Sara or Mana recorded it (Sara usually records everything...?). What he would look like if he suddenly lost his mind during Toy Boy... :roftl: And the dancing with Jimmy was funny, they just did it, I don't think they had ANY plans, Jimmy looked really confused, it was sweet and funny :biggrin2: He also talked Danish many times. He was very relaxed, it was a pity he couldn't talk after the gig, because he is lovely when he relaxed like that... :wub2:

Thanks for all the info and for the vids as well, they were fantastic as always:wub2:

Hope someone has recorded toy boy too.

I always have to repeat myself, Tiibet I love your vids so so much. Thank you for sharing!!!!

And Dark Angel thank you for your wonderful pics.

You are welcome :blush-anim-cl: And thanks everyone for your nice comments!

I just watched Lollipop. Has he always done those dance movements during the drumming (0:35->) and I didn't notice earlier...? :shocked: Or is it something new?

I love his drumming. He looks a bit mad, love it :naughty:

You are welcome :blush-anim-cl: And thanks everyone for your nice comments!

I just watched Lollipop. Has he always done those dance movements during the drumming (0:35->) and I didn't notice earlier...? :shocked: Or is it something new?

I love his drumming. He looks a bit mad, love it :naughty:

niiiiice moves he does there :das:

Review from gaffa.dk about the show... did the translation fast (google translator) :naughty:

Feel popdevelopment in a Tim Burton theatrical universe

Pop sometimes gloss polished radio Basques invoke often elaborate, sometimes pompous, executions when raised alive. What than to impress, to hit his audience or perhaps just because the artist can not fail.

To see Mika performs a show like this in KB Hallen suggest that more of those reasons are presented to him - perhaps most clearly, that he can not help it.

Throne as the king of pop is vacant since Michael Jackson too soon abdicated from it, but Mika is definitely a lovers princeestimate on a character who one day take over. With entertainer show in pang colors with added continuous cycle of theatrical inputs, it was predominantly young and largely female audience pulled around in circus circus ring for a bit of a show. Carnival Shapes by Japanese model, repeated waves of confetti rain and the colorful balloons in the end the track "Lollipop" were just some of the gimmicks, he stuffed them into a universe with strong Tim Burton-reminiscence. Furthermore, it is impressive that his excellent vocals with the tremendous range can maintain a high level despite repeated expressions of energy by running over the scene that would make most breathless.

The setlist did not have much extra to be desired. At one hour and 35 minutes he got some good balance between tonnes of heavy bass drum bottom, disco-rave, vocal ballads and light popsymphony stripped of fillings. Upstairs debut "Live In Cartoon Motion" from 2007 has certainly missed a larger span. When he to live concerts ran out of material he drew traditionally not new numbers up, but resorted to cover versions of "Everybody's Talking" (Harry Nilsson) or "Missionary Man" (Eurythmics), but the time where required, is over and the growing pains, with debut set in motion, has now - through the follow up "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" from 2009 - customize stately grandeur to stand an excellent range.

In his sphere of action and vocal range that draws on Freddie Mercury, Scissor Sisters and Rufus Wainwright. In his piano performances and costumes urge a la Elton John. In his playful, straight out of a children's theater world and its easy disputable sing along tones. In the world he is excellent ambassador and would recommend anyone who plays with popsmede-art view this 26-year-old entertainer fold his creations out.

5 stars out of 6

:mf_rosetinted:

We have been harassing Mika to talk more during his set for years. In fact there was a rather huge drama on MFC about it once. :teehee:

Whatever prompted it, I hope he keeps it up. :biggrin2:

I'm pretty happy with the setlist. No Touches You, but the concert was more than I could ever ask for.

Hi EnFa! :bye: Nice to see you, especially so close to April Fool's Day. :fisch:

Glad you had a good time.

Full setlist

1. Intro

2. Rain

3. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

4. Stuck In The Middle

5. Blame It On The Girls

6. Billy Brown

7. Any Other World

8. Blue Eyes

9. Touches You (Left out)

10. I See You

11. Dr. John

12. Good Gone Girl

13. Happy Ending

14. Love Today

15. Relax (Take It Easy)

16. We Are Golden

Ekstra:

17. Toy Boy

18. Grace Kelly

Ekstra ekstra:

19. Lollipop

I'm pretty happy with the setlist. No Touches You, but the concert was more than I could ever ask for.

ENFA:shocked: Long time no see! Thanks for the set list...sorry he left out Touches you...I wonder did he just forget?:teehee:

From TV2 (used google translator again)

Magic Mika over picturesque Copenhagen

LIVE: The Lebanon-born Englishman, Mika made an expected colorful celebration when he gave a concert Monday evening in front of an ecstatic audience in the KB Hallen.

There was thus sentenced streamers, confetti, gold and Mika, a wealth of costumes and funny spots in a row, then play the baby Mika at 21 o'clock took over the scene from Danish RebekkaMaria that the band had delivered an excellent warm-up for tonight's headlining act.

Mika, there is much more than a dash in the air, went from startup hyper-energetic approach and ran through the concert from one side of the stage to the other - always smiling and very crowded with surplus emphasized by the man's peculiar, but very lively dance and lively gestures.

One of the greatest pop voices

Combined with the wonderfully enthusiastic and also enormously extroverted backing band and the many animated sequences on the stage backdrop there was a colored visual and overall experience, but fortunately Mika a conjuror, not without a heart or without talent, for that matter.

Singer and songwriter also holds for one of the modern pops greatest voices, and also this Monday evening appeared Mikas vocals quite luxurious - with a record that embraces octaves that most reached the artist widely in tone-landscape, so it was a delight.

That he also managed to entertain when to whip around on stage, encouraging sing-talking and impressive good Danish show through, put the already overwhelming vote glaring potential in relief - one could only surrender to the man's otherwise often naive comic universe.

The quiet ballads pulled down

With just two albums on his conscience Mikas repertoire is obviously a rather limited size, and when far from all of his songs contain the same level, it is inevitable that his concerts sometimes fall a little in quality musically.

So it was this Monday evening, where especially the quieter ballads pulled down, but Mika however slick show had taken care to weave ensure hits into track list, each time the air could be done to move the balloon. "Blame It On The Girls" and "We Are Golden" fared best of the new numbers, but it was debut album gems such as "Love Today" and "Relax, Take It Easy", who really pulled loaded.

It is impressive to Mika who is just 26 years, possesses so great a confidence and resilience in a scene that he at the same time cunning power both to lead his band and to have the audience in his very hands. And it was well known what he performed Monday evening at the KB Hallen.

Haha, oh yeah. April Fools day :naughty: He doesn't speak much, does he? Does he have too anyways? Can't his show and songs stand on their own. Yadda yadda yadda.

I don't get it either. And people kept shouting for One Foot Boy, so it wasn't like the Danes didn't know the songs! :boxed: Anyways, he did it wonderfully. At least he even came back to us ! :biggrin2:

And back again in June :yay: Im deffo going!!!!!!

It looked and sounded amazing from the seats. Was amazed how much we could see Mika :aah:

From TV2 (used google translator again)

Magic Mika over picturesque Copenhagen

LIVE: The Lebanon-born Englishman, Mika made an expected colorful celebration when he gave a concert Monday evening in front of an ecstatic audience in the KB Hallen.

There was thus sentenced streamers, confetti, gold and Mika, a wealth of costumes and funny spots in a row, then play the baby Mika at 21 o'clock took over the scene from Danish RebekkaMaria that the band had delivered an excellent warm-up for tonight's headlining act.

Mika, there is much more than a dash in the air, went from startup hyper-energetic approach and ran through the concert from one side of the stage to the other - always smiling and very crowded with surplus emphasized by the man's peculiar, but very lively dance and lively gestures.

One of the greatest pop voices

Combined with the wonderfully enthusiastic and also enormously extroverted backing band and the many animated sequences on the stage backdrop there was a colored visual and overall experience, but fortunately Mika a conjuror, not without a heart or without talent, for that matter.

Singer and songwriter also holds for one of the modern pops greatest voices, and also this Monday evening appeared Mikas vocals quite luxurious - with a record that embraces octaves that most reached the artist widely in tone-landscape, so it was a delight.

That he also managed to entertain when to whip around on stage, encouraging sing-talking and impressive good Danish show through, put the already overwhelming vote glaring potential in relief - one could only surrender to the man's otherwise often naive comic universe.

The quiet ballads pulled down

With just two albums on his conscience Mikas repertoire is obviously a rather limited size, and when far from all of his songs contain the same level, it is inevitable that his concerts sometimes fall a little in quality musically.

So it was this Monday evening, where especially the quieter ballads pulled down, but Mika however slick show had taken care to weave ensure hits into track list, each time the air could be done to move the balloon. "Blame It On The Girls" and "We Are Golden" fared best of the new numbers, but it was debut album gems such as "Love Today" and "Relax, Take It Easy", who really pulled loaded.

It is impressive to Mika who is just 26 years, possesses so great a confidence and resilience in a scene that he at the same time cunning power both to lead his band and to have the audience in his very hands. And it was well known what he performed Monday evening at the KB Hallen.

heheheh I love google translate xD can make so little sense sometimes.. but it's great with such good reviews! especially the gaffa one. Being the forgetful git I am I forgot to check metro and urban.. have you seen if they did a review? since metro had an interview with him yesterday I figured they might write about the gig too..