Hardly anything...

mf22392

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the paragraph that goes with the video though:

"In the video for the lead single off the Kick-Ass soundtrack, British pop star Mika lurks in an alley over a montage of movie scenes — until the 2:20 mark, when the shark is jumped, hilariously."

Huh? :dunno:

"In the video for the lead single off the Kick-Ass soundtrack, British pop star Mika lurks in an alley over a montage of movie scenes — until the 2:20 mark, when the shark is jumped, hilariously."

Unfortunately it is not complimnetary.

"Jump the shark" means the moment a previously successful enterprise ( the vid) has a downturn.

I don't agree!

It isn't nice!

You've not heard that saying before, jumping the shark?

It came from the episode of Happy Days, when Fonzie actually did just that on waterskies, to get over his only fear, sharks.

It means to face and overcome the thing you fear most.:thumb_yello:

You've not heard that saying before, jumping the shark?

It came from the episode of Happy Days, when Fonzie actually did just that on waterskies, to get over his only fear, sharks.

It means to face and overcome the thing you fear most.:thumb_yello:

You're right about the origins, Rose -- but Kodes is more on target with

the phrase's meaning. When something "jumps the shark" that means it's gone

from good to bad... The moment a TV show "jumps the shark" is the moment

that it goes from credible to unbelievable, due to stupid plot changes (e.g.

Fonzie waterskiing with sharks while still wearing his leather jacket :wink2:)

Why they use that phrase with this video, though, I don't know -- I don't

think it jumps the shark at all!

now that I watch it again..*since I don't like the song ya know*..:teehee:

16kickassspan-1-articleLarge.jpg

..yep the 2nd part when Mika is "singing" is a bit WTF :lmfao:

edit: I find the superhero guy strangely attractive..blame it on my curse of waking up early for no apparent reason :aah:

NEVER heard of that expression....too many years in an non-English speaking country:aah:

I've never heard of it either :roftl:

And to be honest, I think the ending of the video could have been better. The beginning is definitely better than the end...

So what happens around 2:20? He runs up the stairs and gets bad hair and feathers?

Bad hair?? :sneaky2: He looks gorgeous!! Yep, the vid turns to be more like a Mika vid, just like it should be. No sharks, imo.

Bad hair?? :sneaky2: He looks gorgeous!! Yep, the vid turns to be more like a Mika vid, just like it should be. No sharks, imo.

Agreed with you. The concept of video follows the lyrics and the whole movie story as well his transformation to someone else at the top of the building. And I think they are just mean and jealous.:sneaky2:

The whole vid is brilliant imo. It tells a story and the end bit is where the character Mika plays has overcome everything that happened to him and become a hero.

Right on!

For some strange reason "they" think the overcoming bit is not good.

Go figure!

Yeah, it goes from less 'movie trailer' to more 'Mika video', which in my opinion is a good thing! Also, if you think about it, how could they have made the whole video follow the story of the movie without giving something away? Okay, i guess it could be possible, but I like how it refocuses on Mika, and though it may be a little *too* Mika for those who aren't used to it (:biggrin2:) at least we appreciate it! :thumb_yello:

Yeah, it goes from less 'movie trailer' to more 'Mika video', which in my opinion is a good thing! Also, if you think about it, how could they have made the whole video follow the story of the movie without giving something away? Okay, i guess it could be possible, but I like how it refocuses on Mika, and though it may be a little *too* Mika for those who aren't used to it (:biggrin2:) at least we appreciate it! :thumb_yello:

Isn't just that the point of making "Mika video":blink::roftl:?

But is that what happens at 2:20? That look he has there and in the Rain vid turns me right off.

On a (mildly) positive note, Virgin music-on-demand have KA as a featured video this week. But they only show the end bit

At 2:20 he turns into the Mika we know & love - I am thinking the reviewer doesn't really like Mika but loves the movie.

Archived