REPORTS / VIDEOS / PICTURES: Mika in Lyon, France at Halle Tony Garnier Apr 24, 2010

Christine

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PART 3 Some details

-First of all, I must say opening acts are nowadays so much better than earlier :shocked: I have liked many of them this year. I really hope this girl/band will be in Paris too, she was so entertaining and a bit weird, in a good way (I obviously like weird things and people :teehee:). She had a lovely voice.

IMG_0147.jpg

-Opening/beginning from the NA tour is back, and I love it. It's better now, because you can actually see the whole band, the stage is partly higher. I still love that 1950s atmosphere, it's really charming :wub2: Also, the news are really exciting, I felt like I was watching real news :teehee: And Mika walking in the air? I'm sure he loves that part. You know he is like a little boy...

The band:

IMG_0152.jpg

-Relax is back and I LOVE it. It's definitely more powerful in the beginning than Rain. So there is a double adrenaline shock in the beginning, first those news and then Relax. Yay!!! :biggrin2: Thank you Mika!! AND it's getting better, he is doing Relax as an extra encore after Kick Ass dancing (why he is not singing it?? He is not allowed yet? He doesn't want yet, he is not ready yet?). Mika in a white t-shirt singing Relax one more time. Yes, please!! He is back to basics, I love it. I'm a bit old-fashioned that way.

IMG_0250.jpg

A few words about BGs/LGs. It's a bit new version, I'm sure you have seen vids if not the new show. There is also a bride in a white dress, and boys carrying a statue (??) and also boys carrying huge Toy Boy. I guess he does this only to let fans to be on stage? It is so kind of him, really. I saw in Marseille how much work this means to his mother and sister and a couple of other people. Lot of extra work. And I guess he wants to do it because it gives special moments to his fans. It's so sweet I can't find words :wub2:

Some new details in the next part...

Beautiful pics as always:biggrin2: Quite agreed about Relax as intro,it's much more powerful than Rain.:wub2:

Hey!!!

This gig was really AMAZING!!! And I feel like I HAVE TO share this with everybody!!!!

I don't even know where to start :teehee:

The queuing was really fun and friendly!! I've been totally charmed by the security guys who were so nice and came to us in the morning to explain that they really care about "first come, first served" for their gigs! They told us they would open both main doors at the same time and advised us to queue both side therefore. They've listened carefully when I explained them how we usually make a list, etc, and told them they'll have to see with John to organize smthg. And They did talk to John and organise a really effective queuing system!!! It was great seeing security guys CAN be nice and helpfull!!! (because, according to the few gigs I've done so far... it is obviously not always the case....:aah:).

We spent a really fun day in sunny Lyon (but I found myself looking like a giant tomato after having so much sun on my poor skin... I'll probably glow in the dark tomorrow at Paris gig :roftl:).

The supporting act was really fun! I like them very much!! They are fresh and really help the audience getting into the mood, which is really good according to me! Only one negative remark to say: PLEASE don't pretend to play an instrument when you have no idea how it works and only press on 2 buttons... this was kind of insulting.... Anyway, I've liked them definitely and am happy to see them again soon!

About the gig itself...well... WOW!!! BRILLIANT!!!! this is all I can say atm! I've never been to such a big venue before and it was the first time I saw the new generation of the gig!! but it's really amazing!!! I loved every single parts of it!! (except one maybe...I'll come to that later). There are so many things happening in such a short time, so colorful stuffs, and such a great energy coming from everybody!! it's simply brilliant! I can't tell more about it, i'm speechless!!!

As he did at Parc des Princes, Mika broke his zipper once more and this was hilarious because he came to the stage without noticing it at first and suddenly realised the "PDP nightmare" was back :roftl: and he said "My zipper is broken again" in such a childish voice and half in french, half in english (he obviously don't know how to say zipper in french :naughty:) the hole scene was really funny!!

The only part that I really disliked was the "Killing scene".... It's difficult to explain how I felt abaout it but it gave me the idea it was a bit "too much"... I'm not saying this is shocking because there were children in the audience or so, because my opinion is that a child may see something much more violent and shocking at television.... But, I don't know, I've had the impression this wasn't really necessary, and I would hve loved the gig as much whithout this scene.... It's kind of difficult to explain, then please excuse me if i'm not really clear about my feelings :blink:

I guess I've said the most important things! and I have to go to bed now if i don't want to look like a really tired giant tomato tomorrow :roftl:

But i'll post some pics and vids in a while before going to bed :wink2:

Edited by Nanou

Also, I took vids, and they look and sound good in my camera. But, my computer says it cannot show them?? Is this something what happened to Sara when she started to use her Lumix TZ7? Sara? Is there anything I can do? Any advices for tomorrow, PLEASE? :blush-anim-cl:

What camera are you using?

Not sure what format your camera is recording in, but if it's anything like my new Lumix, it's a format that some programs don't recognise. I can view them on the pc using VLC media player, which is great and will allow you to play anything. It's free and I've used it for a few years, I love it.

You can download it here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I'm sure that, whichever format your camera is recording in, this will play it :naughty:. The only problem is that some of these videos require very high hardware specs from the pc, so on some machines you may find that the videos are 'slow', but once you upload them to youtube for example, you will see that they are actually fine.

hello everyone ;)

i have no time for e report as usual...

but i put my videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FOUCHONNERET

and some pics are yest on facebook(only for friends...):

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000149363036&v=wall&story_fbid=116454945050408&ref=mf#!/profile.php?id=1168541209&ref=profile

and i was REALLY happy to met again some friends,french,or italian..or tiibet ;)

As he did at Parc des Princes, Mika broke his zipper once more and this was hilarious because he came to the stage without noticing it at first and suddenly realised the "PDP nightmare" was back :roftl: and he said "My zipper is broken again" in such a childish voice and half in french, half in english (he obviously don't know how to say zipper in french :naughty:) the hole scene was really funny!!

Apparently his zipper was already broken in Milan... :teehee:

when in the show does that happen? :naughty: Hope there will be a vid. of it :wink2:

when this stupid fan realised how big the venue was and how tired she was of being pushed by mad teenagers, she made up her mind and found a seated ticket! :biggrin2:

but when i entered the venue with my dear mate lillibet, we found out that tribunes were ridicolously far away from the stage! :shocked: so we tried to hang on the second barrier, after the first 2.500 ppl :aah:

then the pushing became too much...and we ended in seated places! :naughty:

let me say it was the best thing i could do in such a huge venue! we had a fantastic comprehensive view of the magic happening on stage and 4 screens to enjoy even the slightest facial expression of the artist! :wub2:

i suggest anyone should take advantage of a seated far away place in this arena tour...being always front row REALLY makes you miss the spectacularity and greatness of this stage and show!

we could stand up, dance, go to the parterre and be back sitting...fantastic!

and see the immense crowd swaying at mika's time...oh, what a feeling!:mf_lustslow:

being front row is such a hard deal in this arena tour, and being second row backwards is simply crashing, and too tiring for me.

after the show, we all gathered outside the gates of the huge backstage, watching the trucks moving and mika in the distance taking pics with the disabled and other groups in the open air, it was mild and lovely, so anyone was enjoying their time.

then, some really mad ppl, started to call him out loud...he came forth and stayed inside the gates..and fans outside. he signed stuff for those, and then left..abandoning his true fans to upmost discouragement :shocked:

we waited a little bit more, the frenchies, the italians, tiibet...but as far as i know nothing was happening anymore, so we left.

no one tried to put fans on a line, as normally happens, so i think coming out to meet the fans was not in his intentions, as in marseille.

only because they shouted he came near, but it was all.

i still cannot believe how happy he was in milan, 2 hours after the gig, when he came out, and we were 3 times the fans than in lyon, waiting for him :wub2:

Edited by robertina