REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika in Nagoya, Japan @ Zepp, 10-JUN-2010

Blue Sky

th_P1000069.jpg

LOVE the pic!!!!:mf_lustslow:

But i think he's trying to promote the kick ass song....:shun:

Singing it for the 1st time live,and then addopting the nerd look during the m&g....

He should have added some bruises too though....Maybe that's why he bit BS nose....He though,what the hell,if i bit her nose she will punch me!But he didn't know how well behaved the MFCers are....:roftl:

No, it's Fortuné. :teehee:

:lmao:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have added some bruises too though....Maybe that's why he bit BS nose....He though,what the hell,if i bit her nose she will punch me!But he didn't know how well behaved the MFCers are....:roftl:

good theory! :lmao:

it must also be fun for the band to play a new song. :wub2:

*goes back memory lane*

when they came to montreal, in my report, i didn't know jimmy's name, as he was quite new & i was calling imma, "irma, emma or something like that" :naughty:

Wow! What a huge present for the fokker group! :punk:

They got a première of Kick-Ass live! :groovy:

It certainly was :wub2:.

We were incredibly happy and :fangurl: when he sang it, after we'd been asking him to do it before the Japanese gigs were over. We nearly died.

It certainly was :wub2:.

We were incredibly happy and :fangurl: when he sang it, after we'd been asking him to do it before the Japanese gigs were over. We nearly died.

He's so kind! He sang it even though his voice wasn't perfect! :wub2:

Have you taken a fokker group photo? :punk:

He was just deciding when K-A had to be added to the show.

Yes we had already heard that they were thinking of adding it in the near future. We started making it well known that we really wanted to hear it before the end of the Japan run. :fisch:

They practiced it during soundcheck but we still didn't know if it was going to go ahead until he put the brakes on Rain and we all started shouting for Kick Ass.

ah, so it was you guys with the pistols? lol! but hey, what, you haven't been reading mfc - aren't you a mod?! lol! :roftl:

nah, of course it's an obvious idea, and i was just joking. :wink2:

I can't remember if we even discussed it before. We just walked into the 100 yen shop looking for some other things and I spotted some fluorescent water guns and we decided to go for it. I would never try it anywhere else because I wouldn't expect to get them past security but they weren't doing searches in Japan.

Ah this is the nose-biting at 3:30. Loved it. :biggrin2:

He's so kind! He sang it even though his voice wasn't perfect! :wub2:

There's nothing wrong with his voice. You can't possibly think you can discern such things from a YouTube video shot with a point and shoot camera amongst a shouting crowd. GMAB. :rolls_eyes:

There's nothing wrong with his voice. You can't possibly think you can discern such things from a YouTube video shot with a point and shoot camera amongst a shouting crowd. GMAB. :rolls_eyes:

Is your ear musically trained? I can hear quite a lot in a Youtube video. The volume of the voice cannot be judged, but the quality of the voice is more or less clear.

If you take the early Koko performance of Over My Shoulder, you can hear perfectly that at a certain point he sings out of tune. :wink2: A perfect wrong note... :teehee:

Anyway, I'm sure that if you go front row you can't hear his voice properly: the screams are definitely too loud and too frequent. :thumb_yello:

Is your ear musically trained? I can hear quite a lot in a Youtube video. The volume of the voice cannot be judged, but the quality of the voice is more or less clear.

If you take the early Koko performance of Over My Shoulder, you can hear perfectly that at a certain point he sings out of tune. :wink2: A perfect wrong note... :teehee:

Anyway, I'm sure that if you go front row you can't hear his voice properly: the screams are definitely too loud and too frequent. :thumb_yello:

Laura, what are you on about? His voice was perfectly fine. Regarding the front row voice discussion, we could hear his voice loud and clear, and screams made no difference. Incidentally, I've been at the back or balcony a few times and I can guarantee that the voice there is not any clearer, nor the screaming or background noise any less.

Plus, from the front we even heard his actual voice a few times (not through the mike + speaker).

To recap, he did great, and the song is very powerful live. I predict that it will be one of his strongest live songs soon, the way he got so into it and how everyone responded. The energy was mental.

P.S. This is a report thread. Maybe, if you really feel the need to discuss Mika's imaginary voice problems, you can do this elsewhere? We were at the gig, we heard it first hand,there was no problem, and therefore no need to pollute this thread with random rubbish of the sort.

Laura, what are you on about? His voice was perfectly fine. Regarding the front row voice discussion, we could hear his voice loud and clear, and screams made no difference. Incidentally, I've been at the back or balcony a few times and I can guarantee that the voice there is not any clearer, nor the screaming or background noise any less.

Plus, from the front we even heard his actual voice a few times (not through the mike + speaker).

To recap, he did great, and the song is very powerful live. I predict that it will be one of his strongest live songs soon, the way he got so into it and how everyone responded. The energy was mental.

P.S. This is a report thread. Maybe, if you really feel the need to discuss Mika's imaginary voice problems, you can do this elsewhere? We were at the gig, we heard it first hand,there was no problem, and therefore no need to pollute this thread with random rubbish of the sort.

You are always so kind. :pinkbow:

Of course, I will stop discussing what you didn't hear. Have you studied music? Is your ear musically trained? Mine is, so I don't accept to be told that what I hear doesn't exist. Plus since it's a report thread about a concert, maybe his voice should be taken into account. :wink2:

The early Koko performance was not shot with a point and shoot camera in and amongst the screams in the front row which is exactly my point. :doh:

We were there, you were thousands of miles away with no decent recording to judge by. Sad for you, but if it somehow makes you feel better to believe that Mika's voice is perfect at your gigs and crap at other people's knock yourself out. I'm sure everyone reading this can see where your musically trained ear ends and the pettiness begins. :rolls_eyes:

And, finally, here are my videos from this night:

Mika - Dr John @ Zepp Nagoya 10 June 10

Mika - Kick Ass !!! @ Zepp Nagoya 10 June 10

Mika - Over My Shoulder @ Zepp Nagoya 10 June 2010

Mika - Love Today @ Zepp Nagoya 10 June 2010

Mika - Toy Boy @ Zepp Nagoya 10 June 2010

Mika - Lollipop @ Zepp Nagoya 10 June 2010

Mika - Relax encore @ Zepp Nagoya 10 June 2010

Mika - after gig meeting @ Zepp Nagoya 10 June 2010

Note the water pistol incident in Love Today, the Iona-nose biting moment in Lollipop, and the Kick Ass glasses after the gig :roftl:.

Oh so nice to watch it full screen instead of on your camera. :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

Not that there weren't a million other reasons to go, but this one song was worth the entire trip to Japan. Even seeing it now I'm about ready to jump out of my skin, it was so exciting. I remember watching him in front of us around 3:00 and thinking that I can't believe he's really singing Kick Ass. I thought for sure I'd never get to hear it live.

I'm also amazed that his vocals were almost identical to what's on the track. I thought the track was a bit Red-Oneified but it's all Mika. :wub2:

Note the water pistol incident in Love Today, the Iona-nose biting moment in Lollipop, and the Kick Ass glasses after the gig :roftl:.

Thanks very much Sariflor!! :mf_lustslow: Your videos are fantastic!!

:teehee: He has bitten the horse/Iona's nose :teehee:

Awww so cute at Meet and Greet :wub2:

Thanks again!! :flowers2:

EDIT: Can I save your Kick Ass vid, please?

Edited by Lucrezia

Oh so nice to watch it full screen instead of on your camera. :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

Not that there weren't a million other reasons to go, but this one song was worth the entire trip to Japan. Even seeing it now I'm about ready to jump out of my skin, it was so exciting. I remember watching him in front of us around 3:00 and thinking that I can't believe he's really singing Kick Ass. I thought for sure I'd never get to hear it live.

I'm also amazed that his vocals were almost identical to what's on the track. I thought the track was a bit Red-Oneified but it's all Mika. :wub2:

Totally agree with what you said about the song. It was incredible.

Sure, we really wanted to hear it, but I didn't really know how it would turn out live, and you always have that tiny element of "what if it's not as great as I expect it to be?" so when he started singing and I felt the incredible energy, I honestly couldn't believe how excellent it was.

It was UNBELIEVABLE :wub2:.

I would have never guessed in a million years that this was the first time that he performed that song live, if I didn't know it, just going by how he did it and how the audience reacted to it.

I remember when we called out for the song, how this group of Japanese girls to my left also started joining in our "Kick Ass!!" chanting (they might have been ermmm...a little "encouraged" to shout :fisch: ), so when he was singing, we just looked at eachother in amazement; We were all in heaven. It's so funny how these things just sort of "bond" you with people who you've never met before.

Thanks very much Sariflor!! :mf_lustslow: Your videos are fantastic!!

:teehee: He has bitten the horse/Iona's nose :teehee:

Awww so cute at Meet and Greet :wub2:

Thanks again!! :flowers2:

EDIT: Can I save your Kick Ass vid, please?

:blush-anim-cl: Thanks Lucrezia, I'm glad that you like them.

Of course you can save it! Do whatever you want with it, except for uploading it elsewhere, that is the only thing that I mind :naughty:.

:blush-anim-cl: Thanks Lucrezia, I'm glad that you like them.

Of course you can save it! Do whatever you want with it, except for uploading it elsewhere, that is the only thing that I mind :naughty:.

You're welcome :blush-anim-cl:

Oh no, I promise that it's for my personal collection!! :teehee: Thanks again! :flowers2:

water pistol!! :roftl: naughty girls! but hilarious:lmfao: