Let's try to get Mika's songs onto Glee!

Marilyn Mastin

I know. Well bug the heck out of the Glee people.

Use the #GLEEneedsMIKA trend now, whenever you tweet to, or about, Mika and join us for the event on the 10th. You can also join the facebook group. Link in my siggy.

Consider it done and done!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry ive never understood glee i just dot get how the go form talking to bursting into song

is it a dramer or a musical

can someone explane it please

It's in the same genre as Fame and High School Musical. It's just escapism really. Not to be taken seriously. But the songs they cover get better known and do well, even in the original versions! This is the point. It's a way to get Mika's songs out there to people who don't know them, like in the US, where he only gets played on certain radio stations occasionally, and also to get the UK public interested in him again. The fact that Kick Ass wasn't played on Radio One meant that it didn't make the charts, while GaGa's new single has already been played about 10,000 times on UK radio. Her song is good, but c'mon, that isn't fair imo, when apart from on radio 2, they never played Kick Ass.

But such is the power of GLEE at the moment, that if they put even one of his songs on the show, he'd get a lot more attention.

I think WAG stands the best chance of getting on to the show. What do others think?

• 6 months later...

I think WAG stands the best chance of getting on to the show. What do others think?

I think that's a great idea! i tend to prefer the acoustic versions of WAG though, so if this song was ever on glee i hope they'd do an acoustic!

the song also almost fits perfectly with the theme of glee in that they are 'golden' :naughty:

I think that's a great idea! i tend to prefer the acoustic versions of WAG though, so if this song was ever on glee i hope they'd do an acoustic!

the song also almost fits perfectly with the theme of glee in that they are 'golden' :naughty:

Mika has said that his new album will be "very Glee". Maybe when it comes out we can have another stab at getting Fox interested.

WAG is the ideal song. They could also use KA, as the theme is the same. It's about being young, strong and not cool, but free.

However, Mika is writing a whole new batch of "beautiful and ace" songs, so my hope is that his new album will make an impact, and we might then be able to get another chance to have at least one Mika song on the show.

Mika has said that his new album will be "very Glee". Maybe when it comes out we can have another stab at getting Fox interested.

WAG is the ideal song. They could also use KA, as the theme is the same. It's about being young, strong and not cool, but free.

However, Mika is writing a whole new batch of "beautiful and ace" songs, so my hope is that his new album will make an impact, and we might then be able to get another chance to have at least one Mika song on the show.

hopefully *fingers crossed*

and hey, where were all these things said about his new album? i'd never heard of them before D:

hopefully *fingers crossed*

and hey, where were all these things said about his new album? i'd never heard of them before D:

Mika tweeted recently that he'd just written two more songs. He tweeted: "One is beautiful and the other f*ing ace."

There was an interview (I think with a Brazilian Journalist) where he mentioned that his new album will be "very Glee."

Mika tweeted recently that he'd just written two more songs. He tweeted: "One is beautiful and the other f*ing ace."

There was an interview (I think with a Brazilian Journalist) where he mentioned that his new album will be "very Glee."

you wouldn't happen to ..idon'tknow.. know the link to this video, would you? :biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...

I only just discovered this thread, and let me tell you... I approve 1,000%! I love Glee and Mika, though obviously I love Mika more... But I would die to see them cover one or two of his songs in an episode! That would help tons in spreading his music to those unfamiliar with Mika.

There seems to be some more interest in getting Mika's songs onto Glee so, one thing we can do before the album comes out, is tweet @GLEEonFOX, add a link to a great Mika vid (preferably one that shows the crowds going wild for him) and let them hear a great Mika song!

There may be some other twitter addresses coming from a member who is a follower of some actors in Glee. I'll post them when I get them, unless she posts them herself.

The main thing though, we don't want to be a nusence to anyone. So I'd say, one tweet each to each of the twitter addresses, for now.

If anyone has any other ideas or contact addresses, please post them here.:thumb_yello:

Hi!!!

I follow those 2 actors from Glee

Chris Colfer and his twitter name is @criscolfer .. Kurt

and

Mark Salling and his twitter is @Mark_Salling ...Pac

and we can try with @GleeFans ....

oooohhh I am sooo Exited :boing:

Thanks for the links.

I suppose also, anyone with a blog could mention it on there, and when we tweet, what about also doing tweets like this.

Retweet this if you want songs from @mikasounds on Glee #GLEEneedsMIKA

Putting the @mikasounds there would get it onto Mika's twitter and other fans might retweet and start thinking about it.

Theere is also a Glee needs Mika facebook group, but I'm not on facebook anymore as I could never figure it out. But anyone on facebook could join it and post.

• 1 month later...

hi, I agree with everyone else, these ideas are brilliant :) actually on youtube i've noticed on mika's music videos that some of the highest rated comments are about how the song should be on glee lol

so maybe we could find a way to connect everything?

for example, the facebook group could have a section on the page telling people that if the have twitter, then #GLEEneedsMIKA is trending, and go tweet it, and on twitter, people could tweet about the facebook group, and on youtube, people could write comments telling people that if they want the mika song that they are watching to be on glee, then they should tweet #GLEEneedsMIKA now! and then all the other mika fans that see that could thumbs up the comment to make sure everyone sees it? basically we could link everything together :) also about asking perez hilton, i find that he might get the picture if several people tweet him about the trending? so maybe whenever we want to trend gleeneedsmika we should also mention perez?

we can do this, guys!

wanna do another twitter invasion? :sneaky2: