Let's try to get Mika's songs onto Glee!

Marilyn Mastin

hi, I agree with everyone else, these ideas are brilliant :) actually on youtube i've noticed on mika's music videos that some of the highest rated comments are about how the song should be on glee lol

so maybe we could find a way to connect everything?

for example, the facebook group could have a section on the page telling people that if the have twitter, then #GLEEneedsMIKA is trending, and go tweet it, and on twitter, people could tweet about the facebook group, and on youtube, people could write comments telling people that if they want the mika song that they are watching to be on glee, then they should tweet #GLEEneedsMIKA now! and then all the other mika fans that see that could thumbs up the comment to make sure everyone sees it? basically we could link everything together :) also about asking perez hilton, i find that he might get the picture if several people tweet him about the trending? so maybe whenever we want to trend gleeneedsmika we should also mention perez?

we can do this, guys!

wanna do another twitter invasion? :sneaky2:

Those are all great ideas. I'm only on Twitter now as I could never work facebook. I think the YouTube idea is really good, because most people visit YouTube at some point, so putting comments about the Mika song deserving to be on Glee is a great idea. Also to trend #GLEEneedsMIKA and see if it can get onto TT this time, or if not, at least get the idea out there to the Glee fans.

there are also links on here to a couple of the actors on Glee. It's worth contacting them by twitter and sending links to great Mika vids.

contacting Perez is a great idea. He might tweet about it himself or mention it on his website, or both.

does Glee have an official fan club? Or a website like ours where the fans talk together? If we have Glee fans on here, maybe they could post on the forum (or whatever it is) about Mika and post links to his vids.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woaaaah a minute!! Just before everyone has a coronary due to their absolute glee (excuse the pun) I don't trust Wikipedia. It's not official. I think the comments are all about what peeps would like to hear, not what they will actually hear in the show.

Of course i hope it's true, but let's not get over excited until we absolutely know for sure.

Woaaaah a minute!! Just before everyone has a coronary due to their absolute glee (excuse the pun) I don't trust Wikipedia. It's not official. I think the comments are all about what peeps would like to hear, not what they will actually hear in the show.

Of course i hope it's true, but let's not get over excited until we absolutely know for sure.

It's not even wikipedia, it's a kind of wiki where fans share infos, so yeah it's not official at all, and it's probably just someone writing something she/he wants... This songs selection looks a lot like the ones they sang at regionals and I don't think the Jesse thing the person wrote could be true either... But I just wanted to share it anyway ;)

Once, a episode spoiler was so spot-on and detailled a week before airing, it was like reading the script! But I agree that the more the episode is far in time, the more it's likely to be false!

So I've been thinking. What can we do for now that doesn't seem too pushy and also involves getting fans interested. I mean... we can have a twitter event but it might be smart to first get the trend out there and let people see it. You see, at the moment there are not such a lot of us in the campaign, and campaigns only really work when there are a lot of people involved. Fox are not going to take any notice of just a few people.

So what about this for a tactic. Suppose each of us does a tweet that goes something like this.

@GLEEonFOX RT this if you want to hear @mikasounds songs on GLEE #GLEEneedsMIKA

That tweet would get onto GLEEonFOX and also mikasounds and (most important) use the trend and lets get it out there. Just at the moment, don't worry about the trending list. Let's just get it out there gaining support.

I'll go and do a tweet right now, and see if anyone retweets. Others just do it when you can, that way it will be staggered and that's better than all at once.

Also, comment on any YT vid you watch, that the song by Mika belongs on GLEE and mention GLEEneedsMIKA

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

look.gif

LET's GET BEHIND THIS!

5 'Glee' Theme Week Ideas for Season 3

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Songs of Mika

Both musically and lyrically, the songs of British pop singer Mika seem like a logical fit with Glee, so I'm stunned they haven't used his work before. But I think it's so good it deserves its own episode. Kurt could easily pull off a killer rendition of "Grace Kelly," Puck could team up with Lauren and Mercedes for "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" and New Directions could close it out with a group version of "Love Today" or "We Are Golden." If you aren't familiar with Mika or any of these songs, check them out because they're ridiculously good and lend themselves very well to a cappella or show choir performances.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/glee/5-glee-theme-week-ideas-for-se-40326.aspx?fmTw=1

Edited by A. Clay

look.gif

LET's GET BEHIND THIS!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Songs of Mika

Both musically and lyrically, the songs of British pop singer Mika seem like a logical fit with Glee, so I'm stunned they haven't used his work before. But I think it's so good it deserves its own episode. Kurt could easily pull off a killer rendition of "Grace Kelly," Puck could team up with Lauren and Mercedes for "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" and New Directions could close it out with a group version of "Love Today" or "We Are Golden." If you aren't familiar with Mika or any of these songs, check them out because they're ridiculously good and lend themselves very well to a cappella or show choir performances.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/glee/5-glee-theme-week-ideas-for-se-40326.aspx?fmTw=1

:fangurl: Yeahh :biggrin2:

Thanks Alice :thumb_yello:

look.gif

LET's GET BEHIND THIS!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Songs of Mika

I wrote a brilliant comment but couldn't post it. I tried to register but something came up about an active access token, and I don't know what that is so I didn't do it.

But we do need a lot of comments on the site to make them consider Mika.

I will post the link on Twitter.

Edit: I've just gone back onto the site and my comment is there, with the name MarilynM. The picture isn't me though, but I don't care! I'm just glad to see my comment!!! Yay for Mika!!!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
Additional text.

would be great to hear the songs of Mika at Glee :boing::boing::boing:

and if he participates in an episode even more :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

the event had thought of doing on Twitter #GLEEneedsMika

was done?

YES!

Twitter away with--

@GLEEonFOX - #GLEEneedsMIKA

U can also join the FaceBook

GROUP: Glee Needs MIKA!

HERE: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_128017853899418

would be great to hear the songs of Mika at Glee :boing::boing::boing:

and if he participates in an episode even more :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

the event had thought of doing on Twitter #GLEEneedsMika

was done?

We could do another trending day with #GLEEneedsMIKA but we'd need plenty of peeps on board.

Meanwhile, if anyone writes about Mika and Glee on Twitter, use the trend and tell your followers to RT the post.

Also, if anyone has any other account, like Facebook, post the link to the ideas blog on it and get more people commenting.

I think this blog is a perfect way to get Fox to realise that people do want Mika in Glee. It's too good an opportunity to pass up!

There might get to be a Mika episode of Glee but sadly a lot of people in the UK wouldn't get to see it, as Sky have outbid E4 for the next season :sad:

But surely it would be posted on YouTube. Diehard fans of the show will make sure they see it somehow. Plus, these days a lot of people can get Sky on their TVs.

But at any rate, it would be seen by many in the UK, and that's way better than nothing.

But surely it would be posted on YouTube. Diehard fans of the show will make sure they see it somehow. Plus, these days a lot of people can get Sky on their TVs.

But at any rate, it would be seen by many in the UK, and that's way better than nothing.

Oh yes, I'm not disputing that it would be amazing to get Mika on Glee, just thinking it was a pity it didn't happen while E4 were showing it. But it would do wonders for his popularity in America.

YES!

Twitter away with--

Thanks! and sent the request to the Facebook group :wink2:

We could do another trending day with #GLEEneedsMIKA but we'd need plenty of peeps on board.

Meanwhile, if anyone writes about Mika and Glee on Twitter, use the trend and tell your followers to RT the post.

Also, if anyone has any other account, like Facebook, post the link to the ideas blog on it and get more people commenting.

I think this blog is a perfect way to get Fox to realise that people do want Mika in Glee. It's too good an opportunity to pass up!

is great!

I agree, it's true we cannot let this opportunity pass.

count on me to spread the trend #GLEEneedsMIKA :thumb_yello:

if we set the goal we will be able to make :wink2:

Oh yes, I'm not disputing that it would be amazing to get Mika on Glee, just thinking it was a pity it didn't happen while E4 were showing it. But it would do wonders for his popularity in America.

My point exactly. I think, in the UK, people dismiss Mika because he isn't big in The States. They seem to think a popstar isn't "a proper popstar" until they've broken America. He could sell out a huge stadium in France and it wouldn't make the news over here, because Europe doesn't seem to count.

That's why Cheryl Cole is stressing out about making it big over in America, even though she's huge in the UK.

So Mika on Glee would make the UK sit up and take notice of him again, and would expose him to more fans in the US, where the radio stations have, so badly, let him down.

YES!

Twitter away with--

Why Does one need to "Request permission to join group " ?

That could take days and that message usually discourages people from joining .

Don't we need big numbers to make the group popular ?

Why Does one need to "Request permission to join group " ?

That could take days and that message usually discourages people from joining .

Don't we need big numbers to make the group popular ?

I'm not on Facebook now as I could never get the hang of it and I was totally useless. I think, on Facebook, it's probably better for people to put something on their own pages, because a facebook group isn't necessarily successful without a huge number of members.

XgANwbsNhTAMAMAwEDGkpGSTyFh8FGwLO481GJSeDj3u3ucer-ZqwmdfDamUzCTVwuKuA4D_ooriURmXiLLDqS0KO7FD1SJ5Mkhd30OXYC5ErVE24RQ3ncMf?m=0&g=1&o=0

After a brief ad,

you can watch full, recent episodes

here if you wish:

http://www.fox.com/glee/full-episodes/

AND BTW,

Check out article @BuddyTV,

"5 'Glee' Theme Week Ideas for Season 3"

http://buddytv.us/mi19w6

If U agree,*

*THE SONGS of MIKA

'Both musically and lyrically, the songs of British pop singer Mika seem like

a logical fit with Glee, so I'm stunned they haven't used his work before.

But I think it's so good it deserves its own episode.

Kurt could easily pull off a killer rendition of "Grace Kelly,"

Puck could team up with Lauren and Mercedes for "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)"

and New Directions could close it out with a group version of

"Love Today" or "We Are Golden."

If you aren't familiar with Mika or any of these songs,

check them out because they're ridiculously good

and lend themselves very well to a cappella or show choir performances.'

RT @GLEEonFOX #GLEEneedsMIKA

and join the FACEBOOK GROUP:

GLEE NEEDS MIKA -

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_128017853899418

You may also add affirmative comments (+ 'thumbs up') for MIKA MUSIC here:

http://www.fox.com/glee/full-episodes/

HERE's a GOLDEN Opportunity to request

the songs of MIKA for the 3RD Season!

ON da TWITTER--

@GleeShouldSing

#Glee finale tonight!

Let's look forward to next season, send us your song requests.

What should Glee sing? Tell us #gleeks : )