the CCDC (aka Colander Communication Device Club)

guylainem123

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant thread. Kudos to our CCDC Commander in Chief. I'd like to be #13 please. My colander is currently filled with grapes but I'll sort that out on the weekend and buy some maple syrup. :thumb_yello:

colander-1.jpg

I find small rodents like to listen to Mika too. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh perfect! I've still got the squirrel you gave me, so I'll use that too. Awesome!

Whattcha think?

2iuuflu.png

I blue-tacked on the plate :naughty:

Oh I see you must be from England with those fish and chips. :wink2:

We don't have Blue Tack in Canada. :no: Will have to shop for something similar.

Does it have to be a colander? (= gieter in Dutch btw)

I have a plastic colander, but a stainless steel one of this:

http://webshop.civdh.nl/productfoto/keuken%20020.jpg

Will it work too?

And I've just thrown away the very very stale carrots...they turned blackish in stead of orange. :doh:

I'm beginning to doubt if what I have is a colander (vergiet??) because it looks so different from all of these! :aah: I'll try to take a pic of it, mine is armed with chocolate bars tho! :mf_rosetinted:

I'll take number #24 please :biggrin2:

I'm beginning to doubt if what I have is a colander (vergiet??) because it looks so different from all of these! :aah: I'll try to take a pic of it, mine is armed with chocolate bars tho! :mf_rosetinted:

I think the laughter in y head replaced my verbal talents: it's vergiet in stead of gieter:doh::doh:

(I corrected my post)

chocolate bars!! :aah: I am eating one just now!!

COLLANDER2.jpg

I wanna be number #25, Pikachu :mf_rosetinted:

chocolate bars!! :aah: I am eating one just now!!

COLLANDER2.jpg

I wanna be number #25, Pikachu :mf_rosetinted:

Well ain't nothing that beats Belgian chocolate :mf_rosetinted:

hihi :naughty::teehee:

ooohhh, fancy colandar you have there!

I just realized I don't actually own a colander. :lmfao:

Yet. :mf_rosetinted:

I do have carrots though. And I'm sure I'll be able to add some liquorice and/or stroopwafels to show my Dutchness when I've been to the store to buy one.

I can't believe I don't have one. :roftl:

Could I get number 33? I promise to buy one. :teehee:

I just realized I don't actually own a colander. :lmfao:

Yet. :mf_rosetinted:

I do have carrots though. And I'm sure I'll be able to add some liquorice and/or stroopwafels to show my Dutchness when I've been to the store to buy one.

How do you drain your pasta? :sneaky2:

Well ain't nothing that beats Belgian chocolate :mf_rosetinted:

hihi :naughty::teehee:

ooohhh, fancy colandar you have there!

Colandars are really fashionable, I was thinking on wearing it this night at some party so I can communicate with Mika :mf_rosetinted: Everyone will be jealous!

yumm... Belgian chocolate.... :licks_lips:

love your device, cisserz!! I have to find a metal collander somewhere!! :mf_rosetinted:

mine is a plastic collander... :sneaky2:

:aah: thanks :naughty:

Oh I see you must be from England with those fish and chips. :wink2:

We don't have Blue Tack in Canada. :no: Will have to shop for something similar.

Yup :teehee:

You could just use the maple syrup to stick it to the colander? :aah:

Oh, and can I be #73? :teehee:

How do you drain your pasta? :sneaky2:

I don't. :mf_rosetinted:

I share my kitchen with 12 other students, and even though I'm not much of a neat freak, it's way too dirty to cook anything in. I mostly eat things that either don't need cooking, or can be stuffed in the microwave or oven. :teehee:

I just realized I don't actually own a colander. :lmfao

Yet. :mf_rosetinted

Yes, I'm sure we got some carrots left over from last night :lmfao:

Colandars are really fashionable, I was thinking on wearing it this night at some party so I can communicate with Mika :mf_rosetinted: Everyone will be jealous!

yumm... Belgian chocolate.... :licks_lips:

Who says we have to stop with Mika, my next goal is... Elvis! Yes, I'm sure I can pick up some "all shook up" waves right this minute! :teehee:

I don't. :mf_rosetinted:

I share my kitchen with 12 other students, and even though I'm not much of a neat freak, it's way too dirty to cook anything in. I mostly eat things that either don't need cooking, or can be stuffed in the microwave or oven. :teehee:

:floor: Wise decision!

I've made us a logo :mf_rosetinted:

2wmkw41.jpg

LOOOLL Awesome!:thumb_yello:

Can this device translate languages as well?

yes.... but only if you put something that is typical of your country. to engage the translation program, you must wink 4 times with your left eye and say "kachinga"

I've got a metal one, but it's got an enamel coating. Do you think I can still use it for communicating with Mika?

media_l_1335026.jpg

it may work, but the enamel will affect the translation program. it will make it volatile. you may be speaking in german and Mika (or any other CCDC user you are communicating with) may answer you in Japanese.

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Finally the first really SERIOUS and USEFUL thread on MFC....thank you so much guylaine!!!

As i am at work now, i can't post a photo of my own colander, but it looks very similar to this one - i added some pink ribbons which automatically censor the swear words Mika often uses and transform them into lover's oath

3017381325_06e2ac970a.jpg

Oh, and we should definitely promote THE colander bible in this thread too, especially for "colander newbies" - i found some very good advice in here when i created my first communication colander:

forgottenbook.jpg

P.S: I nearly died laughing while reading the first post. Thank you for this thread...Could you add me to the member list please?

i have added you to the list as a numberless member. please advise headquarters if you decide to be a numbered member.

Thank you for sharing with us the beneficial findings of using pink ribbons.

I myself like to hear them, so i will not be using the pink ribbons model.

However, i will add it to our FAQ. **important** ALL MEMBERS UNDER 16 YEARS OLD MUST ADD PINK RIBBONS TO THE CCD

Whattcha think?

I blue-tacked on the plate :naughty:

what is blue-tacked? can you enlighten me on this product?

Hmm. . .stupid plastic colander! Why can you be metal?!?!?! What if I covered it in tin foil? Would that work?

It may work but your messages will never be clear. It will be like using a telephone with cans and strings. if you've never heard of this ancian communication system, please see image below

http://abll.info/wp-content/gallery/cache/69410_cans_and_string.jpg

I'm pretty sure that I don't need the device with my braces, I have a hole antenna in my mouth!!! 19287.jpg

oh dear lord! NO! we've seen too many members and non members using their teeth for communication device and it simply doesn't work...

they hear conversations that never happened & they feel like they know what is on others minds! it's extremely dangerous to use these...

i suggest going to the nearest Stokes store and getting a colander

I don't have a colandar in my new flat ... I think I need to buy one

You lot are nuts by the way

By all means, you owe it to your new flat to have a colander. You can use it for communication AND strain your spaghetti. it's a win/win situation really, you can't go wrong.

Nuts? really? i prefer referring to our little club as geeks

Does it have to be a colander? (= vergiet in Dutch btw)

I have a plastic colander, but a stainless steel one of this:

http://webshop.civdh.nl/productfoto/keuken%20020.jpg

Will it work too?

And I've just thrown away the very very stale carrots...they turned blackish in stead of orange.

oufff hard question to answer, but perhaps you could use your drill and make little holes in it. as a ballpark figure, i counted 7031 holes in mine.

if you want, i can recount just to be certain.

good thing you threw those carrolts out. black carrots are not good antennas. you will have to restock your fresh produce.

I'm beginning to doubt if what I have is a colander (vergiet??) because it looks so different from all of these! I'll try to take a pic of it, mine is armed with chocolate bars tho!

I'll take number #24 please

you have been added to the list. btw, please share your chocolate with others

chocolate bars!! I am eating one just now!!

COLLANDER2.jpg

I wanna be number #25, Pikachu

rightly noted. it was nice of droopsy to share her chocolate with you

Ca't believe you did i!

Please accept me as CCDC user n. 42, Guy!

you can't believe i did it??? please keep in mind that this is a very serious thread. no silliness happening here.

Colandars are really fashionable, I was thinking on wearing it this night at some party so I can communicate with Mika. Everyone will be jealous!

yumm... Belgian chocolate....

they are very fashionable! Mika told me that Paul Smith will be adding them to his collection in the Spring. So in a way, we are ahead of fashion!

Yup

You could just use the maple syrup to stick it to the colander? :aah:

Oh, and can I be #73?

done!

Yes, I'm sure we got some carrots left over from last night :lmfao:

Who says we have to stop with Mika, my next goal is... Elvis! Yes, I'm sure I can pick up some "all shook up" waves right this minute! :teehee:

:floor: Wise decision!

LOOOLL Awesome!:thumb_yello:

hold on droopsy! before you start contacting people who have passed, you need to do some serious adjustment to your colander! this could be dangerous!

i suggest for now you stick to the living popstars!

+ i haven't seen your colander yet! it isn't CCDC approved! :aah:

Archived