REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: MIKA @ Riga, Latvia - 2 August 2010

Blue Sky

Relax (previously posted)

A few seconds of Touches You

I imagine we will get quite a few nice vids from the girls who are travelling to Estonia, too..... :wub2:

Edited by Blue Sky

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was definietly the greatest concert I have ever been to and ever will! Mika makes such an amazing show! And I was really close to the stage, so that makes everything better.

If there is any chance that Mika reads this: Thank You!

Did anyone actually met him after the show? Got an autograph, talked or something?

It was amazing! i will write my report later because I'm far from home.

We were waiting for M&G more than 2 hours, but it was worth it!

Me, my hubby and daughter talked to him a lot and took 3 autographs.

I'm happy!

That's so great that it was worth the journey for you :huglove:

Review

Koncerta apskats: Mika 'Arēnā Rīga' -- Concert Review: Mika "Arena Riga"

http://kultura.delfi.lv/news/entertainment/music/article.php?id=33341945&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=RSS-reader&utm_campaign=RSS-Traffic

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concert Review: Mika "Arena Riga"

Difficult to understand from a terminal to start it all madwoman gaff story that week in early sašūpoja Arena Riga. Do write about ērmiem pig and horse masks for elektrokrāsu līgaviņām who marched on stage or in the huge rag doll vienubrīd died and then rose to disappear somewhere in the Arena tales, spectators hand Nesta? Maybe talk about how Mika spoke in Latvian, but I thought that it is the Italian language, or about how much ought to wear a thick skirt to jump up, as did superatraktīvā bekvokāliste?

No matter how easy to get lost around Mika klaunādes frenzy, though clearly one I know - so many happy folks in one place long ago had not happened to see. I saw everyday people a very Merry, Merry saw a strange, rich with were happy. Even the politicians were happy. I saw high-heeled shoes mētājamies on the floor and lots of bass rhythm mīņājamies feet along the concert arena floor. Another saw the children danced with happy moms. Also the same spring in all along, Mika song cukurvates occlude the ears.

How it really was? Stage of canvas scenery, and long-forgotten theater, bizarre trees with pies and kettles hands, chubby Menestins with human face. Ibid sunflowers healed raises and piano from the wrong mirror realm. Through them our story the main character quite cleverly dancing, and just as shrewd and running around in his fingers along the piano keys. He jumps and rage, changes šmaugajam height adjacent costumes, put the cloth jacket, jokes, and "jokingly" shot with the index of all its members ... the group shot at the end of himself, of course, to return even worse and cheerful. All this madness in the middle, he also sings ... with all the classic opera school and renowned octave like a fish in water. As if it were a miracle - and sings!

"I want you all dejojat," about the Latvian says Mika. Hall uzgavilē. Oh, yes, of course, we dance, dance like crazy. Well how can nedejot if you come as a morose skeptic, but go pop kitsch and lively carnival seduce. Mika is a friendly and sociable, he sings only the hits, because the other songs he simply does not. He travels with an attractive accompanying contents - crazy accompanying vocalists, angry bundzinieci and artistic guitar and key artists. Together they provide the musical performance was not polished, but all also involved in dauzonīgajā performance.

Completely unnecessary to speculate conventional concert evaluation categories. Stop, but the party was! Although clearly know, staged by the last files, but there are a welcome guest.

There were surprisingly good ..! ... Just do not tell, that never stops eating cake "Old Town", but choose healthy sprouts grain. That is, here, airy whipped cream on Monday evening filled the "Arena Riga".

------------------------------------------------- By Google Translator

:shocked::blink:

:lmfao:

Now all we need is a translation of the translation :naughty:

I'm happy!

Glad you had such a great time!! Cant wait to read your report:biggrin2:

Here is the translation (http://kultura.delfi.lv/news/entertainment/music/article.php?id=33341945&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=RSS-reader&utm_campaign=RSS-Traffic) in my words:

It's difficult to understand from where to start this crazy show story, which in the start of a new week rocked Arena Riga. Should I write about clowns in pig or horse masks, about brides in electro color dresses marching on the stage, or about a huge doll who was at first dying on the stage and then woke up to be carried by the crowd? Maybe I should tell you about how Mika spoke latvian, but I thought it was italian (here I cannot agree, Mika really did well with speaking in latvian), or about how there was a need to wear skirts with dense foliage to dance just like the super atractive back up singer did?

Even thought it's very easy to get lost in this all Mika's clownery madness, one I know for sure - I have never seen so many happy people at once. I saw very happy ordinary people, happy strange people, the rich people were happy too. Even the politicians were happy. I saw high heel shoes lying on the floor and many bare foot shuffling on the floor of Arena. I also saw kids happy dancing with their mothers. I was also jumping with everyone and my ear were stuffed with the sweet fluffiness of Mika's songs.

What was it really? A stage with canvas decorations, just like in a forgotten theatre, strange trees with pies and teapots hanging in the prongs, a full moon with a persons face. Right next to them a graveyard with sunflowers and a piano from the kingdom of crooked mirrors. And the main hero of our story (it's Mika, of course) is dancing on them as fluently as his fingers run on the keys of the same piano. He jumps and rages, changes his outfits, dresses in rags, tells jokes and shoots his band members with his forefinger... at the end shooting him self to come back happier and crazier. And in the middle of this whole craziness, like it would be some kind of miracle, he sings... with his whole opera school and his famous octavos just like a fish in the water.

"Es gribu, lai jūs visi dejojat," (I want you all to dance) says Mika in latvian. The crowd cheers. Oh yes, of course, we dance and dance like crazy. It's impossible not to dance if you have come here like a morose skeptic but go away infatuated by the pop music and the lively carnival. Mika ir friendly and outgoing, he sings only hits, because he simply has no other songs. He travels with his atractive band - crazy back up singer, a mad drummer and artistic guitar and keyboard experts. Together they not only give a polished musical performance, but also make a mad show.

It would be completely unnecessary to think in which category to put this show in. Stop it, it was a party! Even thought you know it's rehearsed so it would be perfect, you still know you're always welcomed.

It was surprisingly good...! ... just don't say you never eat those "Vecrīga" (this is a cake filled with whipped cream in Latvia, so that you would understand the comparison) cakes, but pick healthy grains. That kind of light whipped cream in the monday evening filled Arena Riga.

Edited by coolcat

Part 1

Sitting in front of a hostel's computer next to Anthusa and still amazed by the memories of yesterday :wub2:

We started qing waaaay too early as we were Helsinki-experienced and expected the teenage fans in Riga to be similar to them. But apparently Qing isn't that common in Latvia. The most visitors arrived not earlier than half past three (pm! :naughty:). Just as a comparison: in Helsinki we had to close the list around noon with 50 people on it, in Riga at noon we were six people :aah: But I loved the Qing. Couldn't have been more relaxed. We sat in a circle at on one point we started to play spin-the-bottle-how-much-do-you-know-about-Mika which was a blast.

It was also quite nice to get to know some new faces (hi @ Dreamy_Queen and Anthusa).

When we decided to line up there were some Latvians who didn't like our idea, one of them had a number but decided to stay in front of another door because she was sure that the system wouldn't work out in the end. We still believed in the system and - of course - in John. But at one point the security showed up and didn''t know anything - which isn't that unusual, I know. But nobody knew when exactly the doors would be opened and the security really seemed to open all doors at the same time :sneaky2: We all got really nervous and scared because we didn't see John at all, not even a sign of him. So when there were just a couple of seconds to go Mellody :bow: texted him and he answered "will sort." Two words and 50 peple are calmed down - magic John's power :naughty: Apparently the doors WERE opened, all at the same time. We were let in, I ran to the wrong door, the woman there spoke Latvian to me, I got really angry and even though I was number 1 I ended up somewhere in the middle. BUT there was another door to wait at. And then John arrived :wub2: Mellody helped him organise everything and in the end all numbered people left the others and lined up. After a couple of minutes one security guy came and showed me to follow him. So we all followed him in single file and I felt like a duck mother with 45 babies :roftl: We were lead to the backstage entrance and from there right in front of the stage It was SOOO cool! Everybody got their spot - without running, pushing, screaming or whatever. Thank you, John :bow:

After a while the others were let in and after another while John came again and we thanked him. He even said sorry :wub2: That was just so sweet. I mean, the whole number's system and John's support is just a gift Mika + team make us and we really couldn't complain if it didn't work out one day. But John didn't just help us (which is more than we could expect), he even said he was sorry for the confusion! He's really just the best!!!

Okay, erm... There was a gig, too :roftl:

The support act wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't get their whole costume-thing and their music changed from slow to hardcore-whatever. I'm still not sure whether they sang in English or Latvian, may have been both :dunno: But the audience seemed to like so it was okay.

Part 2

Mika was great :mf_lustslow: You could see that he was tired but he was in a good mood as well. He said some words in Latvian which the audience really liked. He also interacted with the audience quite a lot. Just in case anybody is attending one of the next gigs: he looks for a new Billy Brown to be thrown on stage :mf_rosetinted:

He got shirtless quite early and stayed it for a while, did KA and OMS (both shirtless :biggrin2:) and SD as well (but dressed :naughty:). They wanted to start with an accoustic WAG but something didn't really work out (guess at least one of the band wasn't on the right track...) and at one point (can somebody help me which song it was?) he stopped in singing in the middle of the word. But I'm not sure that he wanted us to sing, I got the impression that he just forgot the words :naughty: During Lollipop he left out one chorus as he was just laughing and he seemed really impressed(? - he went from :blink: to :naughty:) about one of the toy-boy-carrying-guys that danced on stage during Lollipop :roftl:

All in all it was a great show. the audience was good as well (and not pushy at all). I'm still not amused that he always decides for the wrong site during the BiotG-competition :sneaky2:

After the gig it didn't take to long 'til John came and told us where to line up for the M&G but it took ages 'til da man finally came. We weren't that many waiting for him and he seemed still in a great mood :wub2:

Information we got (I hope nobody minds that I write them):

- still has no name for his dog but doesn't want to ask MFC :naughty:

- holiday in September, but mentioned something about a possible gig in Tunesia

- didn't know anything about that competition in Italy

- John could confirm Budapest

Great evening - great MFCers - great Mika - great John!!! - GREAT! :swoon:

I will post my pictures. But am only back home tomorrow

Thank you Saskia for your amazing report! Sounds like yet another great Mika gig experience! :thumb_yello:

And coolcat: thank you for translating this great great review of the gig. seems like the author was pretty much impressed with Mika's show, the band, the atmosphere etc. - Wow!

@eRoks: I can't read Latvian, but I can see that the review/you gave him 9,5 out of 10 stars for this gig! Yay! Close to perfection, isn't it?!

edit: Alright, I had it translated by google translate and I got to properly read the review now. Thanks for sharing!

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eroks.lv%2Fapskati%2Fmika_koncerta_apskats&sl=lv&tl=en

Edited by mariposa

Article:

"FOTO: Šovakar Arēnā Rīga uzstāsies dziedātājs Mika"

http://www.diena.lv/lat/izklaide/muzika/foto-sovakar-arena-riga-uzstasies-dziedatajs-mika#p_7

riga2.jpgriga1.jpg

Look at those legs!!! :aah::wub2:

I'm happy!

Oh, hun i am soooo happy to hear that you had a fantastic evening!! Can't wait to read your report :huglove:!!!

Part 2

Mika was great :mf_lustslow : You could see that he was tired but he was in a good mood as well. He said some words in Latvian which the audience really liked. He also interacted with the audience quite a lot. Just in case anybody is attending one of the next gigs: he looks for a new Billy Brown to be thrown on stage :mf_rosetinted :

He got shirtless quite early and stayed it for a while, did KA and OMS (both shirtless :biggrin2:) and SD as well (but dressed :naughty :). They wanted to start with an accoustic WAG but something didn't really work out (guess at least one of the band wasn't on the right track...) and at one point (can somebody help me which song it was?) he stopped in singing in the middle of the word. But I'm not sure that he wanted us to sing, I got the impression that he just forgot the words :naughty : During Lollipop he left out one chorus as he was just laughing and he seemed really impressed(? - he went from :blink : to :naughty :) about one of the toy-boy-carrying-guys that danced on stage during Lollipop :roftl :

All in all it was a great show. the audience was good as well (and not pushy at all). I'm still not amused that he always decides for the wrong site during the BiotG-competition :sneaky2 :

After the gig it didn't take to long 'til John came and told us where to line up for the M&G but it took ages 'til da man finally came. We weren't that many waiting for him and he seemed still in a great mood :wub2 :

Information we got (I hope nobody minds that I write them):

- still has no name for his dog but doesn't want to ask MFC :naughty :

- holiday in September, but mentioned something about a possible gig in Tunesia

- didn't know anything about that competition in Italy

- John could confirm Budapest

Great evening - great MFCers - great Mika - great John!!! - GREAT! :swoon :

I will post my pictures. But am only back home tomorrow

Wow, thank you so much for your detailed report!! Looking forward to your pics!

Once again John has been the white knight :wub2: I can't remember one single gig where he hasn't been :naughty: He truly deserves a medal for everything he does for us!! :thumb_yello:

Thanks everyone else too for pics, links, translations and reports!! :thumb_yello:

coolcat thanks for your wonderful translation....such an excellent review!:wub2:

And Statue, loved your gig reports, I can really understand that feeling when you think an entry-disaster is about to occur, and then John comes and sorts it out....we all <3 John :teehee:

But what is all this about Tunisia I wonder:blink:

obselutely amazing concert! <3

It's just so unreal, it feels like dream, as if i dreamt all this, but NO, it was real, it was SO real.

Love him, very, very much!:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::fangurl:

First time to saw him and he was obselutely gorgeous all the time. he was so cute and funny.

And the last song - lollipop, that was so cute when he smiled and he just coudn't sing because he all the time was laughing! :):teehee::mf_lustslow:

Love HIM!

and i will put some pics and videos from my camera.

Edited by sinchuks

I don't even know with what to start.

Ok.. Arrived to Arena "Riga" at about 4 pm. I got magical number 25. First hoped that those numbers would help us get in first but then someone said that those number were bullsh*t... and i frowned. but then it was all good, because we got in through backstage.

Support act was good, although actually i first heard them only yesterday.

They sung couple of songs in English, one in Latvian and one in some language i didn't recognize. maybe japanese. :D

We had to wait for Mika to come out for about half an hour or so. But it was soooo worth the wait.

They all were so amazing. I didn't even know that anybody could sing so well in gig (especially after Rihanna's and Avril's gigs.)

Standing in front row was so great, because Mika many times stood right in front of me.:blush-anim-cl:

And his latvian was actually good. first i didn't even understand that he was talking in latvian. :biggrin2: Audiance cheered. It was so amazing. :thumb_yello: So positive!

I really loved Lollipop, cuz he was laughing, everybody was dancing on stage, and...and.. Ahh. :wub2:

Definitely one of the best[or even the best] gigs ever!

And i still don't believe that i was there!