REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: MIKA @ Riga, Latvia - 2 August 2010

Blue Sky

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ou Good... this as the best concert ever..!

and i meet him after shw, he was soo sweet, and friendly..:wub2:

i gave him a present, and he was soo happy..

when you meet in person, he was even more impressive, cutest, more beautiful than I ever thought.. :wub2:

absolutlly he is awsome...

i could tell something more, but... no words... HE IS AMAZING...! :dance_man::wub2:

Edited by egita

ou Good... this as the best concert ever..!

and i meet him after shw, he was soo sweet, and friendly..:wub2:

i gave him a present, and he was soo happy..

you meet in person, he was even more impressive, cutest, more beautiful than I ever thought.. :wub2:

absolutlly he is awsome...

i could tell something more, but... no words... HE IS AMAZING...! :dance_man::wub2:

you've just brighten my day... I hope one day soon, I will be able to say the same:blush-anim-cl:

So glad for you!

Im finally here:biggrin2:

No idea what this means:

Linards Tiko atgriezos no arena riga, biju uz Mika koncertu. Gadijaas arii tajaa piedaliities un uzkaapt 2x uz skatuves, bija super!

2 minutes ago via web

(Hope it's smt positive:wink2: But I guess so: it says 'super'...)

Linards is saying:"Just returned from the Arena Rīga, I was @ Mika gig. Had an opportunity to get on the stage which was super!

:wink2:

Mika and his support act:

MikaRiga.jpg

Actually I didnt like the band. It's not so popular in Latvia yet, and I also think they doesn't have so many fans, but who cares.. And actually Im a bit afraid of those 2 :roftl:

This was definietly the greatest concert I have ever been to and ever will! Mika makes such an amazing show! And I was really close to the stage, so that makes everything better.

If there is any chance that Mika reads this: Thank You!

Did anyone actually met him after the show? Got an autograph, talked or something?

Yeah, we met him :D

So.. here's my story! :D

PART 1

I arrived @ Rīga at the noon to meet Mario from Germany (Blumi007) and he gave me such a brillian AMAZING coffee mug. :wub2: It's black and when you put there in something hot e.g. coffee or tea, Mika's picture appears :wub2: (Will post it later) Mario is such a nice person!

Later latvian fans called me and said that I should start to move to the Arena, so I was there for around 4 o'clock. Saw some people sitting on the ground next to the arena and when the ladies said 'hello' to me I understood that they are foreigners. I sat with them and had such a great time!!! You guys are awesomeeee! And so friendly and positive! :wub2: We were playing a game called- bottle?:naughty: and gave each other Mika-related questions.

Later people started to gathering and the only thing I was angry about that our guardians didnt know anything about that number system and told us that there are no exceptions and they will open all the doors at once. :aah: I tried to explain them, but they said that it's not their problem! :sneaky2: Thank God John arrived and the whole situation was solved when he said that people with numbers can fallow him. We stood in a row waiting for something and then the guardian said that we are the chosen ones and that we will be the first ones to get in. So we did and took the best places:biggrin2:

The band performing before Mika was called "Instrumenti" (Intruments) But I didnt like them.. Maybe only the last song "Apēst tevi" which was in latvian and it's on the radio over here. And I was afraid of them as well.. sooo weird costumes.. And what for..? Didnt get the idea!

And then Mika came..

The gig was amazing!!!! :mf_lustslow:I have lost my Mika gig virginity:roftl: From the first song "Relax" to the last one "Lollipop" people were going crazyyyyy :fangurl: I was afraid that maybe our audiance won't be so good and won't participate, but everything was great :D

PART 2

Loved when Mika said some sentences in latvian, like- Es jūs iepazīstināšu ar savu grupu (I'll introduce you with my band), Es jūs visus mīlu (I love you all), and there was more but I was too excited so can't remember. LOL

And when he got shirtless :das: I knew everyone will go wild.. it's only natural, ROFTL

Show was amazing.. it really was! Loved the jokes.. Mika killing his band members :roftl:

And during the last song "Lollipop" on the stage came out also the bride,lollipop girls, big mamas etc. They said thank you and were gone..

And I was like.. WOW.. Couldnt help myself,started to cry like a little baby :roftl: Im too emotional!!

After the gig was the funniest part.. Me and my friend wanted to stay and wait for Mika to give him a present. ( I bought some latvian sweets and stuff) But we wanted to drink sooo bad, so we thought we can run to the statoil station and buy us drinks and come back. Too bad we didnt know how far is it.. (it turned out about kilometre or even more) and the row in the shop was soo long, but we made it and were going back. AND THEN.. I heard someone screaming and I was like- Mika has came out!!! WE HAVE TO RUN!! So we run like crazy:roftl: But I was sooo lucky when I saw Julia, Suzy (Im not sure about spelling :blush-anim-cl:) and others still waiting for Mika! We made it!! Then John came out saying that Mika will be signing. We made it! And then we waited for more than a hour when when one of the guardians told us that we need to wait 40 more minuts. And later Mika appeared.. :wub2: He signed my photo of him! It's a pitty that we couldnt take a pics with him, but he looked really tired so I understand:thumb_yello: After that I noticed that I haven't gave him my gift! :roftl: So I was like- Mika,I forgot to give you something. He was really nice, in a very sweet voice said "oh,thank you" and looked at the latvian sweets. Later some other people gave him sweets as well and he was like- what am I doing with all these sweets?:roftl:

And then he said thanks and goodbye and drove to his hotel.. That's pretty all..

I'll post the pictures later because Im such a fool and have forgotten my camera cable at home :( And I'll be home on friday. But then I'll post all the pictured and videos I have! :D

THANK YOU MIKA AND ALL THE MFCERS!!! Love you!

Thanks Coolcat for the translation! That is a fab piece.. the writer's totally blown away!! He/she gets A+ for description of the gig!

Statue thanks for the lovely report. Good questions you asked him :thumb_yello: Tunesia would be good to visit.. hmm :teehee:

John is a HERO.. and as Nightbird said... he deserves a medal.. I think MFC should give him one... like for REAL... who's in for A MEDAL OF HONOUR for JOHN??!! :biggrin2:

Thanks Coolcat for the translation! That is a fab piece.. the writer's totally blown away!! He/she gets A+ for description of the gig!

Statue thanks for the lovely report. Good questions you asked him :thumb_yello: Tunesia would be good to visit.. hmm :teehee:

John is a HERO.. and as Nightbird said... he deserves a medal.. I think MFC should give him one... like for REAL... who's in for A MEDAL OF HONOUR for JOHN??!! :biggrin2:

I totally am!:biggrin2:

Mika said something about that it's hard to perform live for the first time in a new country, but the audience made him relax, something like that. Do you think he's gonna come next year or..?

I really hope so, because I didn't get to meet him, but that was like my biggest wish!

PART 2

Loved when Mika said some sentences in latvian, like- Es jūs iepazīstināšu ar savu grupu (I'll introduce you with my band), Es jūs visus mīlu (I love you all), and there was more but I was too excited so can't remember. LOL

And when he got shirtless :das: I knew everyone will go wild.. it's only natural, ROFTL

Show was amazing.. it really was! Loved the jokes.. Mika killing his band members :roftl:

And during the last song "Lollipop" on the stage came out also the bride,lollipop girls, big mamas etc. They said thank you and were gone..

And I was like.. WOW.. Couldnt help myself,started to cry like a little baby :roftl: Im too emotional!!

After the gig was the funniest part.. Me and my friend wanted to stay and wait for Mika to give him a present. ( I bought some latvian sweets and stuff) But we wanted to drink sooo bad, so we thought we can run to the statoil station and buy us drinks and come back. Too bad we didnt know how far is it.. (it turned out about kilometre or even more) and the row in the shop was soo long, but we made it and were going back. AND THEN.. I heard someone screaming and I was like- Mika has came out!!! WE HAVE TO RUN!! So we run like crazy:roftl: But I was sooo lucky when I saw Julia, Suzy (Im not sure about spelling :blush-anim-cl:) and others still waiting for Mika! We made it!! Then John came out saying that Mika will be signing. We made it! And then we waited for more than a hour when when one of the guardians told us that we need to wait 40 more minuts. And later Mika appeared.. :wub2: He signed my photo of him! It's a pitty that we couldnt take a pics with him, but he looked really tired so I understand:thumb_yello: After that I noticed that I haven't gave him my gift! :roftl: So I was like- Mika,I forgot to give you something. He was really nice, in a very sweet voice said "oh,thank you" and looked at the latvian sweets. Later some other people gave him sweets as well and he was like- what am I doing with all these sweets?:roftl:

And then he said thanks and goodbye and drove to his hotel.. That's pretty all..

I'll post the pictures later because Im such a fool and have forgotten my camera cable at home :( And I'll be home on friday. But then I'll post all the pictured and videos I have! :D

Thanks for the lovely report... It never occur to me that you've never been to a Mika gig! It must've been sooooo emotional!!! So glad you met him :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the lovely report... It never occur to me that you've never been to a Mika gig! It must've been sooooo emotional!!! So glad you met him :thumb_yello:

You're welcome :wink2:

Yeah, many people didnt know that it was my first gig, coz Im his fan since 2007. :naughty: But that was worth to wait :wub2:

PART 2

And I was like.. WOW.. Couldnt help myself,started to cry like a little baby Im too emotional!!

yes, and he even said, ''kad es izskaitīšu līdz trīs tad jūs visi sāksiet dejot''

(when I count to three then you all start dancing)... It was very complex sentences but he said all the right..:thumb_yello:

and yea about sweets.. I also bought him candy ... I knew that you too, but if someone else .. and then he just has them eat..:aah:

Mika said something about that it's hard to perform live for the first time in a new country, but the audience made him relax, something like that. Do you think he's gonna come next year or..?

I really hope so, because I didn't get to meet him, but that was like my biggest wish!

Yes. He said the very excited because for the first time have a concert in Latvia. but the audience was very receptive and I think he will come to define again ..:wink2: i hope..!:wink2:

back home. ;-) don't think i'll have to do a long report, since most has already been said. just some bits...

- statue, the song where he forgot the lyrics was grace kelly. :naughty:

- and iirc, he sounded very sure about the tunisia gig, it didn't sound like a "maybe" to me. i asked him will he be on holiday in september, and when he said yes, i said sth like good, coz he has such a crazy schedule now, and he said there'll be one gig in tunisia. i then asked about that italian m+g in october that you can win on the official website, what that would be, but he didn't know anything about it, was quite confused.

- the support act was definitely lots better than the one in helsinki! ;-p i kinda liked the huge hair of that one guy, thought it was funny... and well, you know my obsession with hair, lol! :roftl: and one of their songs was really good imo. the rest was ok.

- unfortunately i couldn't use my camera much, since i forgot to take extra batteries, and mine were empty halfway during the show. :doh: so i filmed only the trumpet solo and biotg (shirtless :-D), and took a few pix, but most didn't turn out well... i'm sure statue and tiibet will have enough material for you though. ;-) i'll start uploading tonight. ;-)

- yul$, no wonder you're on cloud 9, how many times did he tell you that it was so nice to see you? i counted at least 2! :roftl:

- i finally got to see the stage layout with the trees on each side (and in the background a moon and skulls and flowers for the encore). :wub2:

- jimmy tried to reanimate the toyboy again :naughty:, he came on stage in a doctor's gown, carrying a first aid kit. :lmao:

- when mika parted the crowd for the biotg singing competition (btw, why is it always NOT my side that is winning?! :sneaky2: ), a blond guy came walking through the gap in the crowd like he was on a catwalk! :lmfao: and mika said sth like "here's a new star", and bowed to him like :bow::lmao:

- his talk before oms was really cute, hope someone filmed it... he said that he was small until he was 15, and then he suddenly grew a LOT, and from then on he was afraid to go to concerts, because he'd stand out in the crowd with his size - and then he pointed at a guy in the middle of the crowd who was about 2m tall i guess, and said sth like it's true, you really can be seen very easily from the stage if you're that tall. i don't know if the guy even understood what mika said, he didn't really react, from what i could see. :naughty:

ok, i guess that's it for now, can't think of any other interesting things (though probably there are some which i just forgot ;-p)

im sorry but all i can do is this today .... :swoon:.....must be because i'm "mysterious" according to Mika lol :mf_lustslow::thumb_yello:

:clap:!!! That's a cool compliment :thumb_yello:

- his talk before oms was really cute, hope someone filmed it... he said that he was small until he was 15, and then he suddenly grew a LOT, and from then on he was afraid to go to concerts, because he'd stand out in the crowd with his size - and then he pointed at a guy in the middle of the crowd who was about 2m tall i guess, and said sth like it's true, you really can be seen very easily from the stage if you're that tall. i don't know if the guy even understood what mika said, he didn't really react, from what i could see. :naughty:

ok, i guess that's it for now, can't think of any other interesting things (though probably there are some which i just forgot ;-p)

:roftl: I'm not 2m tall but 1,80m, but that's normally "bad" enough...i kinda know that feeling...everytime i go to the cinema or a concert i just KNOW the people behind will hate me :aah:

Thanks for your report, Karin and welcome back home!! :huglove:

And thanks everyone else of course too, whom i didn't quote now :teehee:

im sorry but all i can do is this today .... :swoon:.....must be because i'm "mysterious" according to Mika lol :mf_lustslow::thumb_yello:

I liked the "I hope you'll get sick of it" part:roftl:

Edited by babuccia

woow, who is there..? known people..:wink2:

http://www.tvnet.lv/galleries/show/6836

yup. :naughty: that's melisanda, our new member from turkey (anthusa), yuls mc fuls, me, and statue of liberty. :bleh: the one next to melisanda, i'm not sure.

it was inevitable that with the millions of photographers that were there, some pix of us would turn up. :aah::roftl: never seen such a crowded press pit! :naughty: