I'm new!!

doridori

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm romanian...my surname is hungarian because my grandmother was hungarian ;)...but I don't think that my name, doriana, is a hungarian name...or I don't know to be :)

We have Dorina and Dóra (Dóri used as nickname for both):teehee:

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I totally understand you are upset how Mika's music is hardly known in your country - it is similar over here.

However, his music used for 2 mobile company adverts in Romania (Orange I think) must have helped getting his name known a bit over there, especially if it was made clear who was singing that catchy tune. Also, I remember there was a beach festival by the Black sea this July that went down really well:thumb_yello:

When he performed at Sziget this year, he was not in the media at all:blink:, yet people who actually attended the gig were stunned by how great he was and many called his performance the best one throughout the whole festival, better than that of Iron Maiden or even Muse. :kachinga: (I have been reading YT comments to the videos of his Sziget performace and I am really pleased with the reaction.:blush-anim-cl: )

Anyway, he is building his audience in these countries little by little - hope with the next album he will get much more media coverage than with the second, due to all these festivals he performed at in the summer.

We have Dorina and Dóra (Dóri used as nickname for both):teehee:

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I totally understand you are upset how Mika's music is hardly known in your country - it is similar over here.

However, his music used for 2 mobile company adverts in Romania (Orange I think) must have helped getting his name known a bit over there, especially if it was made clear who was singing that catchy tune. Also, I remember there was a beach festival by the Black sea this July that went down really well:thumb_yello:

When he performed at Sziget this year, he was not in the media at all:blink:, yet people who actually attended the gig were stunned by how great he was and many called his performance the best one throughout the whole festival, better than that of Iron Maiden or even Muse. :kachinga: (I have been reading YT comments to the videos of his Sziget performace and I am really pleased with the reaction.:blush-anim-cl: )

Anyway, he is building his audience in these countries little by little - hope with the next album he will get much more media coverage than with the second, due to all these festivals he performed at in the summer.

Thank for your message! :)...now I understand the ideea with my name ;)...You're right, thank to Orange mika come this year for the first time in romania...it was in 24th july at the Black sea...but I hadn't the opportunity to go...I'm upset because I think that in Romania it's all about our mentality...people aren't informed about things(and people) that have value and aren't informed about important things. People aren't informed also because media promotes non-values...this is my oppinion. Hope that in future this will change...because this is what it rest...the hope...And I heard about Sziget festival, I search on youtube to see videos from mika's performance and I'm glade that he was so assessed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody again! I had a little break for a few days and I didn't have activity on MFC...now I'm here and I see that there are a lot of new fans...more new that me :biggrin2:...and I just say Welcome for the biggest part of they..I had a lot of work :roftl:....And for those of you who didn't heard about the thread created by me "Does Mika has inffluenced your life?"...here is the link http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24754. If you want post you "little story" here :)...and you must read the other stories:)....for me is was great to read the fan's stories...I had a nice feeling :).

Archived