Help us get a WaxMika into Madame Tussauds!

Marilyn Mastin

I think that he was interested in getting a house somewhere else than London at some point, but he easily realised it was not meant for him..

But you know, it's not a problem for me that he lives in London, on the contrary, as I said earlier I love London and knowing Mika is a Londoner is one more thing about him that I like... There is no jealousy :wink2:

Totally! That's what he said too. But reading what Babspanky wrote has put me back in a crisis when I don't believe everything Mika says anymore :aah: I can't use his quotes as an argument anymore

I choose to believe :mf_rosetinted: But at the same time I know that probably a lot of things that he says are not true.

I mean I accept everything he says but for me Mika and the whole thing is a fantasy world, where I don't care about anything, that makes me happy and that's it. No matter if what he says is true or not, I like it in my little fantasy world and works for me. I love what I "know" about him. I don't take it as if it was a friend or family, I REALLY care about lies in a relationship like that, but making it a fantasy world for me works, makes me happy and that's it :thumb_yello:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't believe everything Mika says anymore :aah: I can't use his quotes as an argument anymore

:dunno: I think you still can, on certain topics. Not on silly things people regularly change their mind about, anyway. I have wanted to live in several countries over the years but ended up living in my homeland. Ask me in 2 years, I might want to live somewhere else again... :teehee:

Totally! That's what he said too. But reading what Babspanky wrote has put me back in a crisis when I don't believe everything Mika says anymore :aah: I can't use his quotes as an argument anymore

Oh shame. :roftl: I have always said he is not a reliable source of information. :no:

I think as is the case with anyone, his actions speak louder than his words, so that is the most reliable information IMO. :wink2:

Oh shame. :roftl: I have always said he is not a reliable source of information. :no:

I think as is the case with anyone, his actions speak louder than his words, so that is the most reliable information IMO. :wink2:

Don't take the quote about my crisis too seriously :naughty: I just wanted to say I need to be more careful when quoting Mika because it's not always true, it's just words. Basically we're saying the same thing :biggrin2:

Madame Tussauds responded to my enquiery:

What celebrity are you hoping to visit at Madame Tussauds?

I replied:

Okay, I'll tell you. The fans on the Mika fan club <I wrote our web address> are thrilled that he's recently had a statue displayed in the Grevin Museum in France. We were thinking how wonderful it would be if he had a statue in Madame Tussauds. He is, after all, a Londoner, and a successful musician.

I volunteered to contact you and find out how best to go about requesting a statue, as we are thinking of requesting one when his next album comes out, which, he says, will be sometime next year.

I hope that's okay.

Madame Tussauds responded to my enquiery:

What celebrity are you hoping to visit at Madame Tussauds?

I replied:

Okay, I'll tell you. The fans on the Mika fan club <I wrote our web address> are thrilled that he's recently had a statue displayed in the Grevin Museum in France. We were thinking how wonderful it would be if he had a statue in Madame Tussauds. He is, after all, a Londoner, and a successful musician.

I volunteered to contact you and find out how best to go about requesting a statue, as we are thinking of requesting one when his next album comes out, which, he says, will be sometime next year.

I hope that's okay.

:biggrin2: Thanks!

I received a lovely message from a lady from tussauds, called Liz Edwards. Here is what she wrote:

Dear Mrs Mastin

Thank you for your email and interest in Madame Tussauds and how we decide on new wax figures. A small panel meets each year to discuss our guest requests, focus group feedback and also look at the year ahead for artists films, music and general events for the coming year. We’ve already decived our figures for 2011, so will now meet in February 2011 for 2012. I will ensure Mika is added to our list of requests.

Best wishes,

Liz

I replied saying a big thank you to her and told her that I would convey the news to the Mika Fanclub.

It is a very possitive response and I am thrilled. By 2012 Mika should have the third album out there, hopefully, a huge success, so Wika might have a brother in MT in London in 2012!

That would be a far more exciting thing to happen than that other thing that's going to happen in London in 2012. Unless,of course, they invite REAL MIKA to perform at the opening ceremony of that other event in London in 2012!

I received a lovely message from a lady from tussauds, called Liz Edwards. Here is what she wrote:

Dear Mrs Mastin

Thank you for your email and interest in Madame Tussauds and how we decide on new wax figures. A small panel meets each year to discuss our guest requests, focus group feedback and also look at the year ahead for artists films, music and general events for the coming year. We’ve already decived our figures for 2011, so will now meet in February 2011 for 2012. I will ensure Mika is added to our list of requests.

Best wishes,

Liz

I replied saying a big thank you to her and told her that I would convey the news to the Mika Fanclub.

It is a very possitive response and I am thrilled. By 2012 Mika should have the third album out there, hopefully, a huge success, so Wika might have a brother in MT in London in 2012!

That would be a far more exciting thing to happen than that other thing that's going to happen in London in 2012. Unless,of course, they invite REAL MIKA to perform at the opening ceremony of that other event in London in 2012!

Thank you for your update. Good news.

Dear Mrs Mastin

Best wishes,

Liz

That's a lovely and informative reply you received!

Since the meeting for 2012 is in a few months it is most probable that MIKA will not be a serious candidate at that time, but what we learn from the reply is that it's wise to repeat the inquiry at the beginning of 2012. By the time MIKA has (hopefully, fingers crossed) released his third album and is back on the picture.

In the mean time, all of you who visit the museum and wish to see a Wika-twin there as well one day, make your entry in the guest book!

That's a lovely and informative reply you received!

Since the meeting for 2012 is in a few months it is most probable that MIKA will not be a serious candidate at that time, but what we learn from the reply is that it's wise to repeat the inquiry at the beginning of 2012. By the time MIKA has (hopefully, fingers crossed) released his third album and is back on the picture.

In the mean time, all of you who visit the museum and wish to see a Wika-twin there as well one day, make your entry in the guest book!

I couldn't have put it better myself Siu. Now that we know their procedure and their timescale, it wouldn't hurt for peeps to email them once his album is out (probably towards the end of 2011) and the publicity machine has cranked up apace. We can remind them then about a Mika statue.

Meanwhile, anyone going to Madame Tussauds can write in the suggestion book at any time.

But I really love the message Liz sent!

Happy Christmas to all of you!

I think that he was interested in getting a house somewhere else than London at some point, but he easily realised it was not meant for him..

But you know, it's not a problem for me that he lives in London, on the contrary, as I said earlier I love London and knowing Mika is a Londoner is one more thing about him that I like... There is no jealousy :wink2:

Well, that's just my opinon, Camille. :naughty: What do I know? :aah:

Well, that's just my opinon, Camille. :naughty: What do I know? :aah:

As I said the other day, I tend to agree with you about Mika's 'not so true' quotes :thumb_yello:

I hope you'll take what I'm going to write now as a compliment, I've been meaning to say to you for a while, I hope this is not too out of the blue and that it will make sense. I like you for driving people into a corner (oh God I don't know if I'm using the right phrase) and helping them realise things they wouldn't have otherwise. I mean often when I read your posts (you're very famous you know :biggrin2:), your way of clearly giving your opinion makes me stop for a minute and think about mine. I don't always agree but I really appreciate your posts for making me think. :wink2:

That said, sorry for being off topic :blush-anim-cl:

As I said the other day, I tend to agree with you about Mika's 'not so true' quotes :thumb_yello:

I hope you'll take what I'm going to write now as a compliment, I've been meaning to say to you for a while, I hope this is not too out of the blue and that it will make sense. I like you for driving people into a corner (oh God I don't know if I'm using the right phrase) and helping them realise things they wouldn't have otherwise. I mean often when I read your posts (you're very famous you know :biggrin2:), your way of clearly giving your opinion makes me stop for a minute and think about mine. I don't always agree but I really appreciate your posts for making me think. :wink2:

That said, sorry for being off topic :blush-anim-cl:

:lmfao: Thanks! I like it that you take me like that. I feel I've just got to a stage in my life where I am intolerant and can't be much bothered if people don't agree with me or like me so I most often say what I think even if it seems a bit rude. :naughty: Very little of it is personal though.

Dear Mrs Mastin

Best wishes,

Liz

Thanks you so much! :huglove: Those are great news! And of course we should insist next year :wink2: (if we need to, let's keep our fingers crossed so that he'll be there in 2012 :wub2:)

:lmfao: Thanks! I like it that you take me like that. I feel I've just got to a stage in my life where I am intolerant and can't be much bothered if people don't agree with me or like me so I most often say what I think even if it seems a bit rude. :naughty: Very little of it is personal though.

:sweatdrop: I was scared you would take my comment badly and tell me off :naughty:

What you've just said rings a bell.. isn't it what Mika said about creating TBWKTM? No apologising, just saying what you think... You two are very much alike :)

Archived