Help us get a WaxMika into Madame Tussauds!

Marilyn Mastin

I like the idea :blush-anim-cl: but I guess I'll have to agree that we should wait until making a mass appeal.

Of course , there's no harm in suggesting :biggrin2:

Well one thing in our favour is that we do have WaxMika in France and @WAXMIKA is on twitter. I see no harm in tweeting that we'd love WAXMIKA to have some other Mika pals in other waxworks, stuff like that. Just kind-of put it out there and see what happens.

Anyone who has a blog, could blog about WaxMika. One thing that really annoyed me when I read the STAR MAG article, was that they did not even mention Mika's statue, they were too busy talking about Gaga's statues, so a lot of people won't even know there is one, somewhere in the world.

So maybe just at the moment, trying to get WaxMika known better would be a good idea. As they say: "Slowly... slowly... catchy monkey."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SOME of them are good.. :naughty:

The Robert Pattinson one in NYC looks like the real him.. :roftl:

Could I just say that your sigi pic is brilliant but it gives me the ebby jeebies as this scene has haunted me since early childhood :shocked::naughty:

I agree with the general trend of this thread - I think that Marilyn contacting them with a general enquiry is a really good idea.:thumb_yello:

And if anyone goes there, putting Mika down as a suggestion.....can you do it muliple times? :wink2:

Could I just say that your sigi pic is brilliant but it gives me the ebby jeebies as this scene has haunted me since early childhood :shocked::naughty:

:lmfao: I really had to look at it to know what you were on about ... I thought it was just an Xmas tree in a window ... didn't see the ruby slippers etc ... :teehee:

I still say I lurve Wizard Of Oz :wink2:

:lmfao: I really had to look at it to know what you were on about ... I thought it was just an Xmas tree in a window ... didn't see the ruby slippers etc ... :teehee:

I still say I lurve Wizard Of Oz :wink2:

Oh! I didn't see the xmas tree! :naughty:

Sorry peeps...seriously :offtopic:

Okay, I did send an email, and they've sent back and auto-response to let me know they've received my email and will contact me within 7 days. I sent this message.

Re: General enquirey

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to enquire of you, what is the best way for fans of a certain celebrity, to request of Madame Tussauds that a certain celebrity be included in your waxwork display?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Compliments of the season

from

M Mastin (Mrs)

Okay, I did send an email, and they've sent back and auto-response to let me know they've received my email and will contact me within 7 days. I sent this message.

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to enquire of you, what is the best way for fans of a certain celebrity, to request of Madame Tussauds that a certain celebrity be included in your waxwork display?

from

M Mastin (Mrs)

That looks great! :thumb_yello: Thanks :biggrin2:

I love the "certain" parts :naughty:

That looks great! :thumb_yello: Thanks :biggrin2:

I love the "certain" parts :naughty:

Well I took the advice of the peeps on this thread that it's (maybe) too early to mention Mika. But I suppose they may be courious as to whom "Certain Celebrity" is. Anyway, we can call it the first step in the process. I'll post their response when it comes.

To Whom It May Concern:

from

M Mastin (Mrs)

Well done Marilyn, waiting to hear from them soon :thumb_yello:

{Actually, I am really surprised some of you said Mika was more famous in France than in UK :blink:

He's got a particular link with France, that is obvious, but he's now living in UK, that sounds strange !}

{Actually, I am really surprised some of you said Mika was more famous in France than in UK :blink:

He's got a particular link with France, that is obvious, but he's now living in UK, that sounds strange !}

He IS more popular in France. He sells out stadiums. He couldn't do that here. In a way it's perfect. He can be popular and make money there but when he comes home he isn't bothered much by fans or the press. He can live relatively normally.

He IS more popular in France. He sells out stadiums. He couldn't do that here. In a way it's perfect. He can be popular and make money there but when he comes home he isn't bothered much by fans or the press. He can live relatively normally.

OK, thanks for your explanation Babspanky :thumb_yello:

How is that possible ? Is it because he has not promoted his second album a lot/enough ?

I went to one gig in England (Brighton I saw you there BTW) and thought it was a tiny venue compared to some other in France but that was a kind of personal feeling...

Apparently he does not promote the same way in different countries : for instance an MFCer from Canada already told me that Mika hasn't promoted his album in Canada in English, but only in French... (Although we all know this is a huge bilingual country) that sounds strange to me too :dunno:

Consequently, he's lost or missed a lot of fans :sad:

Yeah is last album wasn't really promoted a lot here. And the venue in Brighton was probably pretty representative of the size of venues he does here. Having said that they do sell out and the people that DO like Mika, really like him, so you have a smaller venue but very full of enthusiastic people.

Ok...

I also heard he had to changes venues in Germany to take smaller venues because the tickets were not solding out there...

I think he could do another big venue here in France like Bercy and that would be fully booked... I hope so :biggrin2:

OK, thanks for your explanation Babspanky :thumb_yello:

How is that possible ? Is it because he has not promoted his second album a lot/enough ?

I went to one gig in England (Brighton I saw you there BTW) and thought it was a tiny venue compared to some other in France but that was a kind of personal feeling...

Apparently he does not promote the same way in different countries : for instance an MFCer from Canada already told me that Mika hasn't promoted his album in Canada in English, but only in French... (Although we all know this is a huge bilingual country) that sounds strange to me too :dunno:

I was rather amazed that a week before his Edinburgh gig I was still able to get the ticket, although the venue was rather small, for 1500 or max 2000 people. When I found out about the gig I was absolutely sure that there's no way I was going to get ticket, but (luckily :biggrin2:) I did. It truly surprised me because although I didn't know much about him at the time, I would never have believed that he would perform in such a small venue after all the huge gigs he had given in so many parts of the world. I thought that it had been his choice to have such a small gig until I found out I had be wrong believing that.

Yes the entire upstairs of the Toronto venue was empty. The only promo he did here was a listening party in June of 2009 and I only ever saw one written review to come out of it. :huh: There was no radio, no TV, no print interviews.

I think it's a mistake to ignore Canada because audiences here are more open to foreign or different artists than Americans are. A lot of pop acts breakthrough in Canada before the US - this happened with Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.

That's right French people love Mika!:mf_lustslow:

His chilhood years in France make him even dearer to our hearts! :fangurl:

Mika at some point was looking for a house in France...

Dear Mika, why don't you live in France like Wika does, so we'll see you more often! :woot_jump:

That's right French people love Mika!:mf_lustslow:

His chilhood years in France make him even dearer to our hearts! :fangurl:

Mika at some point was looking for a house in France...

Dear Mika, why don't you live in France like Wika does, so we'll see you more often! :woot_jump:

His childhood and adult years in England make him very close to my heart. :rolls_eyes:

Wasn't that just an idle rumour spread by people who wished it to be so?

You never know he might buy a second home in France if he has any money left from his recent purchase!

His childhood and adult years in England make him very close to my heart. :rolls_eyes:

Wasn't that just an idle rumour spread by people who wished it to be so?

You never know he might buy a second home in France if he has any money left from his recent purchase!

I totally understand you. You like him even more because he lives in the UK and French like him more because he grew up in France. Everybody likes Mika even more and everybody's happy :)

The house in France was not a rumour though. We didn't only wish it to be so, he wished it too :teehee: He talked about it several times, one of them I recall was in a Europe 1 interview. He had seen an interesting house in Fontainebleau but finally didn't buy it, he thought it was perfect until he noticed that there was a railway very close to it. And then I think he added he finally chose London for his new house because his family was there and London was close to the rest of Europe :boxed: I love London and sometimes Mika annoys me as it sometimes sounds like he doesn't see the beauty of it. When he mentioned London in the media over the past year he said 'it's ok, we can access the rest of Europe from it' :blink:

I like his music even though he doesn't come from anywhere near where I come from and surely not hasn't got any plans to move here!:aah:

We don't even talk the same language!:naughty:

Kidding aside, the sound of music is international, isn't it?:wink2:

When the 2nd album came out, Mika did do some promotion in the UK. The album did peak at #4, so it was still a hit. There was also 'Golden Day', when WAG was played for the first time, and he did some interviews. There was a really funny one with Chris Moyles, which I always call "The Running Around Like A Cow On Purpose Interview."

But things kind-of fizzled out. The singles (apart from WAG which got to #4) didn't chart well.

Tbh, I think the singles he put out were to blame. Rain is notoriously hard to sing and didn't sound that good when he sang it on TV. BIOTG is okay when it's in the gigs and there is the sing-off between the sides of the room, but the chorus is too samey to work as a single.

I wish he had released Good Gone Girl. I feel that would have done so much better, and then I See You, as it's a beautiful ballad.

By the time he released Kick-Ass, the radio (apart from Radio 2) had stopped playing his newer material so that song didn't chart either

I know he likes to go his own way and I admire him for that, but I do think he needs better advisors and promoters in his team. That is my opinion anyway.

On the plus side, Even ABBA had a hiccup before they really took off, other artists have as well. So things could skyrocket in Britain soon, and if not, he does still have his devoted British fans at his UK gigs.

But I'm still praying hard for a #1 album next time.

I totally understand you. You like him even more because he lives in the UK and French like him more because he grew up in France. Everybody likes Mika even more and everybody's happy :)

The house in France was not a rumour though. We didn't only wish it to be so, he wished it too :teehee: He talked about it several times, one of them I recall was in a Europe 1 interview. He had seen an interesting house in Fontainebleau but finally didn't buy it, he thought it was perfect until he noticed that there was a railway very close to it. And then I think he added he finally chose London for his new house because his family was there and London was close to the rest of Europe :boxed: I love London and sometimes Mika annoys me as it sometimes sounds like he doesn't see the beauty of it. When he mentioned London in the media over the past year he said 'it's ok, we can access the rest of Europe from it' :blink:

I personally don't think that Mika had any intention of making his main residence anywhere else other than London and I totally do not believe everything I read in the press, or even everything that comes out of Mika's mouth.

Solid facts are the thing for me!

The house in France was not a rumour though. We didn't only wish it to be so, he wished it too :teehee: He talked about it several times, one of them I recall was in a Europe 1 interview. He had seen an interesting house in Fontainebleau but finally didn't buy it, he thought it was perfect until he noticed that there was a railway very close to it.

I agree with Bab that he didn't seem to have any serious intention of leaving London. He told us in Toronto that he wanted to live on the shore of Lake Ontario. He tweeted one day about wanting to live on Eel Pie Island and I think he mentioned the English countryside as well? I took it as fantasy talk because I can't imagine he'd settle in any of these places. The Lake Ontario thing was particularly whimsical. He has never given any indication that he even likes Toronto, but the venue was on the lake and it was a pretty day...:naughty:

Perhaps he will buy a second home in France or somewhere else, but I'd be surprised if he was doing any serious real estate negotiating outside the city when he was looking for his first home. He had been saying for a year or two that the reason he still lived in his parents' basement is because house prices in London were so high.

I personally don't think that Mika had any intention of making his main residence anywhere else other than London and I totally do not believe everything I read in the press, or even everything that comes out of Mika's mouth.

Agreed. When you get right down to it, Mika needs his family around him, so I doubt he'd move far from them.

I think that he was interested in getting a house somewhere else than London at some point, but he easily realised it was not meant for him..

But you know, it's not a problem for me that he lives in London, on the contrary, as I said earlier I love London and knowing Mika is a Londoner is one more thing about him that I like... There is no jealousy :wink2:

Agreed. When you get right down to it, Mika needs his family around him, so I doubt he'd move far from them.

Totally! That's what he said too. But reading what Babspanky wrote has put me back in a crisis when I don't believe everything Mika says anymore :aah: I can't use his quotes as an argument anymore

Archived