Help us get a WaxMika into Madame Tussauds!

Marilyn Mastin

Hi there!

As I mentioned on the Grevin thread, I've been reading about all the statues of Lady Gaga that have been unveiled recently, and the manager at the London Waxworks Madame Tussauds, Edward Fuller, had this to say.

"The demand to include Lady Gaga had been overwhelming, and we are more than happy to oblige."

So why don't we try and get a WaxMika in Madame Tussauds. I'll look for the website, unless anyone already has it and find out how to contact them. The fact that we have the manager's name is brilliant as well. I wouldn't recomend sending lots of emails from each person, but if enough of us send an email, that would actually probably do more good. We could also use twitter, or have a facebook group.

Any ideas are more than welcome!

Here's one thing we could do. Follow on Twitter and also vote for @WAXMIKASOUNDS in the Faxo contests Follow Me, where he's in 24th place and Best of Twitter where he's in 26th place atm. While you are there you can also vote for his flesh-and-blood brother @mikasounds

Faxo contests are here and on the voting thread

http://tweeter.faxo.com/

Okay, I've found the site for Madame Tussauds. This is the Help Page with the contact info http://www.madametussauds.com/London/PlanYourVisit/Help/Default.aspx

Here is the direct email address

guest.experience@madame-tussauds.com

I didn't realise that Madame Tussauds is in other cities around the world as well, like New York. That's good to know. We could get WaxMika World domination!

Let's see if we can do this for Mika!:thumb_yello:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think they will make a wax MIKA in Madame Tussauds cos he's alot more popular in France than here...it'd be awesome if they did though!

Well we just have to let them know he IS popular! We can use the fact that there already is a WaxMika in France to say, could we also have a WaxMika in London? We should strike while the wax is hot (or not long set anyway)

I don't want to be a wet blanket - that's Silver's job :wink2: But I certainly can't see it happening at the moment - no matter how much we ask. Mika has never been ultra high profile in the UK as we all know but he certainly hasn't been very active over the last year here. I know that we know that he has been working his backside off over the last year but as far as the majority of the general public in the UK go I don't suppose they have thought much about him lately. (their loss:wink2:)

Perhaps when he releases the next album and is a little more high profile it might be a better time to give it a try?

Just my opinion. But if you decide to go ahead I wish you the very best :thumb_yello:

I don't want to be a wet blanket - that's Silver's job :wink2: But I certainly can't see it happening at the moment - no matter how much we ask. Mika has never been ultra high profile in the UK as we all know but he certainly hasn't been very active over the last year here. I know that we know that he has been working his backside off over the last year but as far as the majority of the general public in the UK go I don't suppose they have thought much about him lately. (their loss:wink2:)

Perhaps when he releases the next album and is a little more high profile it might be a better time to give it a try?

Just my opinion. But if you decide to go ahead I wish you the very best :thumb_yello:

I have to say I agree with Kath. Maybe mid 2007 would have been a good time, but really Mika just isn't as popular in the UK as he is in France.

I personally think this venture would make us and Mika look a bit foolish and desperate. Sorry but that's my opinion.

I have to say I agree with Kath. Maybe mid 2007 would have been a good time, but really Mika just isn't as popular in the UK as he is in France.

I personally think this venture would make us and Mika look a bit foolish and desperate. Sorry but that's my opinion.

I'm gonna have to agree with Bab here, sadly. As much as I would LOVE to see a wax Mika in every corner and high street, not to mention in my office :freak::roftl:, I can't see it realistically happening.

And I really don't wish to offend anyone, but I think that placing this sort of request on Madame Tussaud's WILL reflect negatively on us fans and on Mika himself. Someone will inevitably find it foolish and desperate. Surely they make the statues when certain criteria are met? I don't imagine that they go on request...? As I said, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I certainly don't want to hurt feelins, and I know that everyone has the best intentions, but personally I can't see it happening and if anything I can only see it having negative repercussions if the museum start receiving emails from a hundred Mika fans asking for a statue :blink:.

Maybe a better approach would be that ONE person (Marylin?) emails them, asking how the whole process of having a celeb statue works, how they decide to make them for contemporary celebrities (as opposed to say, Napoleon and things like that) and basically requests info rather than asking them to make a statue of Mika?

This would probably look a bit more rational and controlled to the museum people. Just my opinion :blush-anim-cl:.

I agree with Kath, might be a touch soon at the moment. Lets see how, things go over the next year, and then if his profile goes through the roof, or even just getting more recognition with the next album, then I'm all for getting him in there.

*wet blanket mode* :badmood:

I don't think there's a chance of getting a wax Mika in Madame Tussauds :no:

Maybe when he has another hit it might be a better time to try :dunno:

I'm gonna have to agree with Bab here, sadly. As much as I would LOVE to see a wax Mika in every corner and high street, not to mention in my office :freak::roftl:, I can't see it realistically happening.

And I really don't wish to offend anyone, but I think that placing this sort of request on Madame Tussaud's WILL reflect negatively on us fans and on Mika himself. Someone will inevitably find it foolish and desperate. Surely they make the statues when certain criteria are met? I don't imagine that they go on request...? As I said, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I certainly don't want to hurt feelins, and I know that everyone has the best intentions, but personally I can't see it happening and if anything I can only see it having negative repercussions if the museum start receiving emails from a hundred Mika fans asking for a statue :blink:.

Maybe a better approach would be that ONE person (Marylin?) emails them, asking how the whole process of having a celeb statue works, how they decide to make them for contemporary celebrities (as opposed to say, Napoleon and things like that) and basically requests info rather than asking them to make a statue of Mika?

This would probably look a bit more rational and controlled to the museum people. Just my opinion :blush-anim-cl:.

I agree with Kath, might be a touch soon at the moment. Lets see how, things go over the next year, and then if his profile goes through the roof, or even just getting more recognition with the next album, then I'm all for getting him in there.

I totally agree with you all. When I read that in the afternoon I got a bad feeling about it. It´s not the right moment to do it.

The other thing that has to be said, of course, is that the Madame Tussauds waxworks aren't that good anyway :teehee:

You see tourists looking at their guide books and going "Are you sure that's her"?:blink:

The other thing that has to be said, of course, is that the Madame Tussauds waxworks aren't that good anyway :teehee:

You see tourists looking at their guide books and going "Are you sure that's her"?:blink:

:lmfao:

Maybe when the time comes, they need to commission us to make the British Wika :naughty:

This would probably look a bit more rational and controlled to the museum people. Just my opinion :blush-anim-cl:.[/COLOR]

I think that is a pretty good idea, just ask and then plan it better eventually, when it seems the perfect time :wink2:

Maybe you're right about waiting a little. I just thought it could be a great idea cause of what Sonja said in that other thread, the one about the Grévin Museum:

"I have been to Md Tussaud one month ago. At the end there was a pc and you could fill in who you want next in Md Tussaud. Ofcourse I 've said MIKA;".

I may have misunderstood, but they seem to like suggestions! :teehee:

Maybe you're right about waiting a little. I just thought it could be a great idea cause of what Sonja said in that other thread, the one about the Grévin Museum:

"I have been to Md Tussaud one month ago. At the end there was a pc and you could fill in who you want next in Md Tussaud. Ofcourse I 've said MIKA;".

So, you have actually answered how it all works.:thumb_yello:

Madame Tussaud's does ask visitors which other famous persons they would like to see, so they must be well aware of the demand.

Besides this, they might also convey some other surveys and act on the results. Any other initiative coming from a variety of organizations may sound to serve the interest of a particular group only and not the interest of people who do visit such places. I am quite certain that once visitor demand for Mika reaches the level that it will be financially worth for them to act on, they will do so. :original:

I've been reading all the opinions, that's why I opened a thread instead of just going ahead. The concensus seems to be that it's too early. Maybe you are all right about that.

Maybe then, what we could do is keep this thread in mind, and ressurrect it when Mika returns with his new album which should be a success.

*prays hard for a #1 Mika album next year*

Meanwhile, if peeps do visit the waxworks, maybe they could write in the suggestion box.

As for keeping Mika in peoples' minds while he's in the studio writing his new opus, what we can do, and several of us have already been doing, is voting for Mika in the Faxo contests. We've done Mika proud since Siu started the new thread and we got more organised. Other contests and polls peeps find can also go onto that thread as well. If people are voting for Mika, he must be well loved and there's a chance other celeb's fans who are voting might seek him out to see what all the fuss is about. That's our hope anyway.

So we could wait until the next wave of MikaMagic and then get onto this thread we already have, to decide what we are going to do. Meanwhile, I could send a general enquiery to Tussauds, to ask about how they choose people to copy, without mentioning Mika at this moment in time. Then at least we'll know what to do if we do go ahead.

Oooh, thanks for that, Fran, I was totally unaware of this. Of course, this says it all :thumb_yello:.

So, you have actually answered how it all works.

Madame Tussaud's does ask visitors which other famous persons they would like to see, so they must be well aware of the demand.

Besides this, they might also convey some other surveys and act on the results. Any other initiative coming from a variety of organizations may sound to serve the interest of a particular group only and not the interest of people who do visit such places. I am quite certain that once visitor demand for Mika reaches the level that it will be financially worth for them to act on, they will do so. :original:

Yep, I would imagine so! Sounds good.

I've been reading all the opinions, that's why I opened a thread instead of just going ahead. The concensus seems to be that it's too early. Maybe you are all right about that.

Maybe then, what we could do is keep this thread in mind, and ressurrect it when Mika returns with his new album which should be a success.

*prays hard for a #1 Mika album next year*

Meanwhile, if peeps do visit the waxworks, maybe they could write in the suggestion box.

As for keeping Mika in peoples' minds while he's in the studio writing his new opus, what we can do, and several of us have already been doing, is voting for Mika in the Faxo contests. We've done Mika proud since Siu started the new thread and we got more organised. Other contests and polls peeps find can also go onto that thread as well. If people are voting for Mika, he must be well loved and there's a chance other celeb's fans who are voting might seek him out to see what all the fuss is about. That's our hope anyway.

So we could wait until the next wave of MikaMagic and then get onto this thread we already have, to decide what we are going to do. Meanwhile, I could send a general enquiery to Tussauds, to ask about how they choose people to copy, without mentioning Mika at this moment in time. Then at least we'll know what to do if we do go ahead.

That sounds like a very reasonable plan of action,Marilyn, in my personal opinion :wink2:

I prefer to see him alive!:teehee:

So do I but we are obviously not the target group for Madame Tussaud's and the likes...:naughty:

:thumb_yello:

As for keeping Mika in peoples' minds while he's in the studio writing his new opus, what we can do, and several of us have already been doing, is voting for Mika in the Faxo contests.

Yes, exactly. I am sure that if a company like MT wants to make sure that it is the most popular artists they work with, they also take a look at the most popular faces on the internet. Therefore, participating in all these voting contests is never in vain.

Archived