2011 - MIKA Fronts Global Hugo Boss Fragrance Campaign

dcdeb

I'd be very surprised to see Mika posters up in England. He just isn't appreciated over here and they probably think no one would even fancy him.

Reading this makes me so sad!

I can bear that he isn't so popular in my country, there are so many artists from the US who quickly get popular in Sweden and we have a few really good ones born in the country too, like Robyn.

But in his own country, it's hard to believe!:blink:

Why o why?

Reading this makes me so sad!

I can bear that he isn't so popular in my country, there are so many artists from the US who quickly get popular in Sweden and we have a few really good ones born in the country too, like Robyn.

But in his own country, it's hard to believe!:blink:

Why o why?

I've already discussed at length why what Mika is doing is not working for English speaking audiences but no one wants to hear it. Everyone thinks Mika should just do whatever he wants...so... :dunno:

I already discussed at length why what Mika is doing is not working for English speaking audiences but no one wants to hear it. Everyone thinks Mika should just do whatever he wants...so... :dunno:

*sigh* Oh well.

As for the ad, I didn't really expect to ever see it over here in the US

either. Over the weekend, my husband decided he needed new after

shave so we stopped

at the fragrance counter in Macy's (a big department store chain in the

States) and I thought I'd at least get a sniff of Hugo Boss, but they

didn't even carry it there! :shocked: I walked all around the counter (two

counters, actually) and they had everything you can imagine,

all the designers, from Calvin Klein to Dolce and Gabbana to

to Davidoff to Givenchy and even Antonio Banderas ( :das: ) but NO

Hugo Boss. :dunno: Maybe I need to go even more upscale.

Over the weekend, my husband decided he needed new after

shave so we stopped

at the fragrance counter in Macy's (a big department store chain in the

States) and I thought I'd at least get a sniff of Hugo Boss, but they

didn't even carry it there! :shocked: I walked all around the counter (two

counters, actually) and they had everything you can imagine,

all the designers, from Calvin Klein to Dolce and Gabbana to

to Davidoff to Givenchy and even Antonio Banderas ( :das: ) but NO

Hugo Boss. :dunno: Maybe I need to go even more upscale.

That's strange, I didn't think Hugo was so upscale :dunno:

If I'm exposed to strong fragrances for more than a minute or two I get a migraine so I avoid those department store sections like the plague. If I have to walk through I cover my face and run :aah:

If I'm exposed to strong fragrances for more than a minute or two I get a migraine so I avoid those department store sections like the plague. If I have to walk through I cover my face and run :aah:

I didn't think it would be any more upscale than D&G or Marc Jacobs :dunno:

Funnily enough, I just did a search on Macy's website, and they have

Hugo Boss there. Whatever. Maybe it was just the mall I was at, too

suburban? :naughty:

I guess it is positioned as an affordable luxury brand and is targeted at professionals who may not be so fashion conscious but want to make sure they have a respectful the business look.

Not sure about he perfume though. Perhaps Hugo Boss is not as strong in the US as a perfume brand as it might be in Europe or in Russia.

I've already discussed at length why what Mika is doing is not working for English speaking audiences but no one wants to hear it. Everyone thinks Mika should just do whatever he wants...so... :dunno:

I actually agree with you Christine. I'm hoping that the new projects are not something that is only available in France and are not exclusive or limited edition things. We will just have to hope for the best.

:aah::aah:

And again,we are laughing and taking this as a joke but I´m almost sure like that happened here. "Mika" and a "grand prix".... come on!!! Sure there was a mistake,but when they realized how hot Mika (our Mika) is :mf_rosetinted: and how cheap (Mika Hakkinen is expenssssssssssssssive) sure they changed their minds....:roftl:

Mika and Grand Prix? Mika and Grand Prix? :floor: :flor: Want to see that

I actually agree with you Christine. I'm hoping that the new projects are not something that is only available in France and are not exclusive or limited edition things. We will just have to hope for the best.

I'm totally agree. I let the others think as they want, but I think he's doing something possitive for his career as a singer...I hope the best for him :thumb_yello:

And again,we are laughing and taking this as a joke but I´m almost sure like that happened here. "Mika" and a "grand prix".... come on!!! Sure there was a mistake,but when they realized how hot Mika (our Mika) is :mf_rosetinted: and how cheap (Mika Hakkinen is expenssssssssssssssive) sure they changed their minds....:roftl:

Why not? :mf_rosetinted:

Was driven around the grand prix track by Yvan Muller at 230km/hr ! I resign myself to being a passanger for ever.

9:41 PM May 3rd, 2009 via Twitter for iPhone

Aaand

ihad.jpg

:roftl:

Lucky you to have gotten these:thumb_yello:

So far I've only seen the Orlando Bloom poster too.

Yes, I have to do some requiremets in the stores asap.:teehee:

well... here we have Shakira...

:das:

HB is an wise man...

:mf_rosetinted::das::mf_rosetinted:

We'll have Shakira here live in June, but I'm not interested that much :roftl:

Sorry, but I've read your discussion very carefully and furthermore mainly agreed with your opinion.:biggrin2:

But still I can't understand why British are so indifferent or hateful to him.:blink:

Even though he made such great hits and sold near 8 millions copies of both albums which is objectively a great success.:wink2:

I for one agree very much with your thoughts about what he could do for the English speaking audience. The way I see it he's missing out on opportunities.

Maybe there are a lot of his fans thinking this way but don't say much because we've seen how much controversy it causes?:wink2:

I for one agree very much with your thoughts about what he could do for the English speaking audience. The way I see it he's missing out on opportunities.

Maybe there are a lot of his fans thinking this way but don't say much because we've seen how much controversy it causes?:wink2:

I don´t like controversy,but I would love to know how he could get into those english speakers.... what do you think?? I tend to agree with you and Christine,so,I´d love to hear your opinion....

:floor::lmao::lmao:

true:mf_rosetinted:

but can help lmao

Was driven around the grand prix track by Yvan Muller at 230km/hr ! I resign myself to being a passanger for ever.

Aaand

ihad.jpg

:roftl::roftl:

We'll have Shakira here live in June, but I'm not interested that much :roftl:

:aah:

yeah... she'll come on September...

but her perfum.... well, this isn't so important like her...

:mf_rosetinted:

Aaand

ihad.jpg

I remember the tweet but I've never seen this pic before! t4p:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Yes, I have to do some requiremets in the stores asap.:teehee:

Yes maybe that's what we should do:roftl:

Aaand

ihad.jpg

He's cute...!!

I remember the tweet but I've never seen this pic before! t4p:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Yes maybe that's what we should do:roftl:

Today saw Hugo Boss television advertising with Orlando Bloom...

Maybe Mika will be seen on TV too...?

orlando-bloom-hugo-boss-fragrance.jpg

Have anyone smell this perfume?:blink:

Maybe it sucks, who knows?:aah:

We have it in every department store here and I have to check it out.:naughty:

Sorry, but I've read your discussion very carefully and furthermore mainly agreed with your opinion.:biggrin2:

But still I can't understand why British are so indifferent or hateful to him.:blink:

Even though he made such great hits and sold near 8 millions copies of both albums which is objectively a great success.:wink2:

It's hard to say really. Some people don't like his falsetto, some don't like him because they think he's gay. Some just don't like him no matter what he does. I think basically, a lot of people just don't get him at all.

But one thing I wish had been done was the release of I See You as a single. It's such a beautiful heartfelt song that many people would identify with and his voice is just perfect when he sings it. I myself had an I See You moment many years ago, and I'm sure many of you have had the same. After WAG, Rain and BIOTG were released, both of which, I did not feel would appeal to British people, and they didn't! Touches You was another song I thought would get into the charts if it had been released, and Good Gone Girl is so good it could have been number one, but again, it wasn't released. I don't know who chooses the songs to be released, if it's the record company, but if it is, they don't seem to have Mika's best interests at heart

But we'll just have to see what happens. I just hope this album he's working on will put him back on top in Britain, and get him more fans and status in America too.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

It's hard to say really. Some people don't like his falsetto, some don't like him because they think he's gay. Some just don't like him no matter what he does. I think basically, a lot of people just don't get him at all.

But one thing I wish had been done was the release of I See You as a single. It's such a beautiful heartfelt song that many people would identify with and his voice is just perfect when he sings it. I myself had an I See You moment many years ago, and I'm sure many of you have had the same. After WAG, Rain and BIOTG were released, both of which, I did not feel would appeal to British people, and they didn't! Touches You was another song I thought would get into the charts if it had been released, and Good Gone Girl is so good it could have been number one, but again, it wasn't released. I don't know who chooses the songs to be released, if it's the record company, but if it is, they don't seem to have Mika's best interests at heart

But we'll just have to see what happens. I just hope this album he's working on will put him back on top in Britain, and get him more fans and status in America too.

I see you is the worst of all his songs IMO :aah::aah:

I´m gonna be so unpopular,but... I don´t like that song AT ALL :aah:

sorry... and I know the lyrics by heart and stuff... but it´s always out of my mp3... same with happy ending... :teehee:

Here in America we Never see his videos on tv. I would love for FUSE tv to have a segmant called 'out of britian' where they play all british artist, popular or not. At least they will get some exposure. However, the other day watching LXNY on channel four, they did a segmant about weight and they briefly played ' big girls you are beautiful'...that was it. Just those five lyrics. I was So proud! :biggrin2:

Have anyone smell this perfume?:blink:

Maybe it sucks, who knows?:aah:

We have it in every department store here and I have to check it out.:naughty:

I have. Actually I have a sample at home :teehee:

It smells good :thumb_yello: