Not everything needs a thread

I'm working my way through Caz's videos at this very moment... sounds and looks like you all had a great time! Did you all know that Jimmy and Cat were going to come or did they just gate crash?

I really need to keep saving up money so I can go over to the UK, I desperately want to see Ben and Kate live (and Ben told me ages ago that he'd make sure he had a gig on when I make my way over there)...

It's good you had a great time there (even though I know you've already been there, it's good that you had a good time again)...

Ah, thank you! :biggrin2:

I think Jimmy and Cat were planning to go to the original Chain gig at the tavern and hotdlp lives close by so they were invited to the house gig as well when the venue was changed. And obviously everyone was glad to have them!

Cat said that Jimmy wanted to bring the cats with them which would have been wonderful if hotdlp didn't have the most massive German Shepherd I've ever seen. :roftl:

Anyway I really hope you can make it to the UK. Every Canadian I know loves it and I can imagine Aussies would feel right at home too. Ben and Kate are so awesome I'm sure if you can plan in advance it will work out great. We had been in touch with Sam Beeton and his management about a gig while we were in town and they were also happy to accommodate.

We would have had a great week anyway, but it was really a highlight for us and I think everyone involved had a great time.

It was BUSY. But I think we managed to squeeze most things in. :biggrin2:

Touristy stuff - Tower of London, cruise on the Thames, Westminster Abbey (was absolutely packed post-wedding), the Royal Mews, National Gallery, sightseeing EVERYWHERE from pubs in Wapping in the east to Kensington Gardens in the west, shopping at Harrods.

We had lots of shows lined up which took a lot of coordination and a few unexpected turns along the way but everything worked out beautifully.

Saw Nikki Yanofsky at South Bank - she performed mostly jazz and left her hokey Olympic song off the setlist which was great :teehee:. Went to a small play with Matthew Fox from Lost. He was REALLY good. I was thoroughly impressed, although the only other actor in the play was not the same calibre.

We had a command performance from Sam Beeton who arranged a show for our visit to London in one of my favourite venues, which was awesome. He did a song for us after everyone left and harmonized with another singer performing that night who we also loved.

[YOUTUBE]T3dEl-5vVP8[/YOUTUBE]

We went to the BBC studios to see a taping of a pilot for a game show. It was pretty bad, but the host was cute and had some woman from Coronation Street on the panel. :naughty:

We were supposed to see The Chain in north London but their gig fell through so they decided to do it at hotdlp's house instead. BEYOND AWESOME. It was more a party than a gig but the band was fantastic.

[YOUTUBE]WJEZM52J6e4[/YOUTUBE]

Aside from that it was just a lot of hanging out, eating, drinking and being silly. :teehee:

Oh yes I saw those everywhere as well. I was thinking it would actually be a good way to learn to navigate around London by car. I rarely drove when I was living there because I was so unfamiliar with the rules of the road. Planning a route by car is so different from walking but I think a bike would help to figure things out.

I would recommend taking the organized tour by the river. You can meander through the parks on your own I would think.

What else did you get up to?

I'm pretty sure I will do that. I've been to most of the parks already - on the first day by bike and later on foot, although I will definitely go back to some of them again.

I did most of the touristy stuff you mentioned and some others, plus spent Friday and Saturday nights at various museums. It was the Museum Night weekend and there were so many interesting tours and events in many of the museums. I walked around a lot, browsed the pubs :naughty:, did some shopping (fell in love with Desigual on Regent Street :wub2:. I've ordered a few things from Desigual online, but this shop was like heaven on Earth :teehee:.). The last day before catching the train back I had thought to quickly hop in the Camden market, but ended up spending most of the day there.

I have an idea of the city now and can prepare for the next visit a bit better, I hope. Although we might go there by car in summer, I doubt I will be able to drive there :aah:. I've got used to driving on the left by now, but traffic in some parts of the city is just too crazy for me, I'm afraid.

I didn't know you lived in London! I wouldn't mind living there for some time, but I doubt I would want to make it my home.

Ah, thank you! :biggrin2:

I think Jimmy and Cat were planning to go to the original Chain gig at the tavern and hotdlp lives close by so they were invited to the house gig as well when the venue was changed. And obviously everyone was glad to have them!

Cat said that Jimmy wanted to bring the cats with them which would have been wonderful if hotdlp didn't have the most massive German Shepherd I've ever seen. :roftl:

Anyway I really hope you can make it to the UK. Every Canadian I know loves it and I can imagine Aussies would feel right at home too. Ben and Kate are so awesome I'm sure if you can plan in advance it will work out great. We had been in touch with Sam Beeton and his management about a gig while we were in town and they were also happy to accommodate.

We would have had a great week anyway, but it was really a highlight for us and I think everyone involved had a great time.

Oh cool! I doubt anyone would say they couldn't come, I reckon they would be great fun to be around (going by the videos, it looked like they were)...

I've been wanting to go over there for a few years now, I'm actually a bit jealous of my cousin who is over there at the moment on a bit of a working holiday. I know she had about a week and a 1/2 off travelling around and seeing all sorts of places (she went to Turkey for the Anzac Day commemorations on 25/4 and then went to watch the wedding).

I think it really helps that there were a couple of you going over so you could hang out together, and not only that you got to meet up with some of the lovely ladies over there. I'll just have to save up my dollars so I can go over there (I figure if I can save money for a car and house at the same time, I can save money for a holiday).

Saw in google alerts - about watches http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displayarticle09.asp?section=diversions&xfile=data/diversions/2011/May/diversions_May48.xml

Do any celebs own this watch?

Darren Arenofsky (the director of Black Swan), Mika (British singer- songwriter), Michel Dalberto (pianist) and Sienna Miller, amongst others.

I wonder what watches they mean.

Saw in google alerts - about watches http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displayarticle09.asp?section=diversions&xfile=data/diversions/2011/May/diversions_May48.xml

Darren Arenofsky (the director of Black Swan), Mika (British singer- songwriter), Michel Dalberto (pianist) and Sienna Miller, amongst others.

Google says....

http://www.google.es/search?tbm=isch&hl=es&source=hp&biw=1423&bih=683&q=Piaget+Altiplano&btnG=Buscar+im%C3%A1genes&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

one like this:

blog_watches_piaget.jpg

These are meant to be the world's thinniest watches

RTEmagicC_10_1126_VC_GPHG2_01.jpg.jpg

and this is Mika's one:

Mika%20wears%20Piaget%20pink%20gold%20ultra-thin%20watch%20in%20his%20latest%20music%20video%20Rain.jpg

Edited by suzie

• 2 weeks later...
My mother is so temperamental. She gets worked up about the smallest things.

I think it's most mothers... mine gets pretty worked up about stuff...

Oooh and before I forget, thanks Christine and Siu for talking about what you planned on doing (and actually did) in London. I'm currently planning my trip to London/France/Scotland for next year, and I'm trying to get as much stuff together as I possibly can (good thing is, I'm hanging around my aunts and uncles and my cousin in France so that's all planned, just need to book it).

And while I'm here, does anyone have any suggestions on stuff to do/see in Scotland? Or possibly suggestions for France (we're staying in St Omer and Amiens, and going on tours to Caestre and Villers Bretonneux - all the world war/Anzac day stuff)... I don't know if my cousin is going to spend any time in Paris or not, she's playing it by ear and so I figured I'd do the same (mostly cause I don't speak French!)

Edited by nico_collard

I don't know what it's called in English when children are having a little celebration when they are ending school for the semester. Parents are invited to some performances and so on....:blink:

Anyway I was at one today and two nine-year old girls were dancing to Lollipop!:wub2:

It was really cute, they did it well.:wub2:

And...it made me thinking that at least the children in my country remember him!:wink2:

I don't know what it's called in English when children are having a little celebration when they are ending school for the semester. Parents are invited to some performances and so on....:blink:

Anyway I was at one today and two nine-year old girls were dancing to Lollipop!:wub2:

And...it made me thinking that at least the children in my country remember him!:wink2:

In Spain we do that too!! (not dancing on lollipop, but celebrating end of school!! :aah:) It´s called end of year party or Leavers party!!

In Spain we do that too!! (not dancing on lollipop, but celebrating end of school!! :aah:) It´s called end of year party or Leavers party!!

Do your children have a long summer vacation too? Our school doesn't start again until the middle or end of August!:thumb_yello:

I think it's most mothers... mine gets pretty worked up about stuff...

Oooh and before I forget, thanks Christine and Siu for talking about what you planned on doing (and actually did) in London. I'm currently planning my trip to London/France/Scotland for next year, and I'm trying to get as much stuff together as I possibly can (good thing is, I'm hanging around my aunts and uncles and my cousin in France so that's all planned, just need to book it).

And while I'm here, does anyone have any suggestions on stuff to do/see in Scotland? Or possibly suggestions for France (we're staying in St Omer and Amiens, and going on tours to Caestre and Villers Bretonneux - all the world war/Anzac day stuff)... I don't know if my cousin is going to spend any time in Paris or not, she's playing it by ear and so I figured I'd do the same (mostly cause I don't speak French!)

In Scotland definitely come (or go, depending on when's your trip scheduled :wink2:) to Edinburgh. It's such a beautiful town :wub2:. Like a fairytale. About an hours drive from Edinburgh there's Stirling, which is said to have the most beautiful castle in Scotland. Also St Andrews and its endless beaches are nice and while you're there, stop by Anstruther that serves the best fish and chips ever! I could go on and on and on ... :naughty:

Oh I had lost track of this thread...

I found this on internet :teehee:

mikafinalpreview.jpg

OMG :lmfao:

That is really well done.

I did most of the touristy stuff you mentioned and some others, plus spent Friday and Saturday nights at various museums. It was the Museum Night weekend and there were so many interesting tours and events in many of the museums.

Oh which ones did you go to? The V&A is my favourite but I haven't been to any of the museums since I lived there since we are always busy Mikarring (or something close to it) :naughty:

I walked around a lot, browsed the pubs, did some shopping (fell in love with Desigual on Regent Street. I've ordered a few things from Desigual online, but this shop was like heaven on Earth :teehee:.).

Oh I think I went by there. We did a pretty extensive tour of Regent St. but no real shopping. We were just going from Soho to Oxford St. to catch a bus. There is some nice Desigual stuff in a shop on my way to work but I'm waiting for a sale before I buy anything. :teehee:

I didn't know you lived in London! I wouldn't mind living there for some time, but I doubt I would want to make it my home.

I've always been a big city girl so it felt like home to me from my first visit.

I think my whole (over) interest in Mika came from living in London rather than the other way around. When I first started reading about him I saw that he went to the French school and Royal College of Music in my neighbourhood so I became curious if he grew up near my flat. One thing lead to another and next thing I knew I was spending my evenings discussing whether that spot on his ear was an earring hole and what was that red stuff he drank on stage. :freak:

Oh that is awesome!! I have never been to Scotland. I really want to go some day. I finally made it to Ireland which I had been meaning to do for 15+ years as well, but I really need to go back when there are no Mika gigs taking up my time. Let me know if you need any help with London.

Aw, cute!