Not everything needs a thread

yeah... I know... I´ll wait till the first festival...if he doesn´t sing anything new,maybe I won´t travel... I´m a bit tired,I´ve seen for 4 times now the same performance,and I prefer saving money for the meeting in London in January than seeing again the same...

:emot-sad:

Well it's a relief but a bit disappointing as well I guess. I think it's going to present a practical problem in the future because I haven't queued for a gig in over a year and don't know if I'll be up for doing it again.

At the Kool Haus gig that Sara posted it was complete chaos. The crowd was noisy and hyper and pushing us so hard that the barricade was shifting underneath us. And it was HOT. :aah:

But when Mika came out I just forgot all of that. I saw some pics of the gig later and there was a guy on stage who couldn't have been more than 10 feet from me and I did not see him. I don't know who this guy was, I don't know what the band was doing, I don't know what the people around me were doing. I couldn't see or hear anything but Mika.

It's a very different experience now and all of the physical strain that goes along with one of these gigs is not so easily ignored anymore. Seeing Mika is not much different for me than seeing many of my favourite singers but it is always so difficult because of the crowds and the queuing and the fact that I have to travel so far. Every time I go to see another artist and it's easy and pleasant I resent the hassle of these Mika gigs because they are just as difficult as they always were but the payoff is not the same because it's not as exciting anymore.

Fortunately I had the chance to see Mika a few times, not having that problem, but unfortunately I don't think it will last long...lol For me, the good thing about Mika's gigs is that it's not just about the gig anymore. I love the pre-gig moments almost as much as I love the gig itself, and that's something that doesn't happen with other artists I've seen live so far.

The gig I enjoyed the less was really Coimbra... I found it just too crazy, a very competitive queue, which annoyed the hell out of me, to be really honest, and the gig itself was not bad, but the others were much better (and I don't mean Mika's performance, but the whole thing, sound, venue, etc) The best thing was really hanging out with everyone, I'm lucky enough to still belong to a very peaceful and calm group of people that just want to have fun. :teehee:

I just hope that in July it will be better, I still want to have the time of my life seeing Mika on stage, for as long as I can! :wub2:

:emot-sad:

Fortunately I had the chance to see Mika a few times, not having that problem, but unfortunately I don't think it will last long...lol For me, the good thing about Mika's gigs is that it's not just about the gig anymore. I love the pre-gig moments almost as much as I love the gig itself, and that's something that doesn't happen with other artists I've seen live so far.

The gig I enjoyed the less was really Coimbra... I found it just too crazy, a very competitive queue, which annoyed the hell out of me, to be really honest, and the gig itself was not bad, but the others were much better (and I don't mean Mika's performance, but the whole thing, sound, venue, etc) The best thing was really hanging out with everyone, I'm lucky enough to still belong to a very peaceful and calm group of people that just want to have fun. :teehee:

I just hope that in July it will be better, I still want to have the time of my life seeing Mika on stage, for as long as I can! :wub2:

I´ve just bought the plane tickets to Porto :mf_rosetinted:

not the ticket for the gig.... just to go to Porto... so.. I´ll be in Porto next 16th of July which doesn´t mean I´ll see Mika performing :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, I think my husband really didn't understand Mika can't/want do all songs. We had seen just a few weeks earlier a kind of living room gig by a Finnish artist (singer-songwriter), and he did 2,5 hour gig without any set list, everything people were asking, covers too...

maybe it,s because he simply CAN'T remember... Must be hard to remember by heart all the songs you ever write without being able to rely on sheet music:blink:

I might be wrong...:mf_rosetinted:

maybe it,s because he simply CAN'T remember... Must be hard to remember by heart all the songs you ever write without being able to rely on sheet music:blink:

I remember by heart all Mika´s songs,all Janis Joplin´s songs,many of Lou Reed songs,and many many other songs... :mf_rosetinted:

Mika has no excuse for that... :mf_rosetinted:

:aah:

Actually, the queue in Coimbra was very ordinary, even relaxed compared to most gigs I've seen... People (not a large number) were just sitting there and waiting. For me it was different than many gigs, because I didn't know so many people.

Yes, it's possible he can't remember. And I find it only sweet he keeps forgetting lyrics etc... :teehee:

But my point was, that we saw a gig by another artist, who could remember everything, so my husband didn't just understand it would be difficult to him, and that's why he asked that song.

Yes, it's possible he can't remember. And I find it only sweet he keeps forgetting lyrics etc... :teehee:

But my point was, that we saw a gig by another artist, who could remember everything, so my husband didn't just understand it would be difficult to him, and that's why he asked that song.

yes Mika looks like this smilie when he forgets the lyrics -- :pinkbow: but I never saw any artist who forgot his own songs... :aah::aah:

yes Mika looks like this smilie when he forgets the lyrics -- :pinkbow: but I never saw any artist who forgot his own songs... :aah::aah:

That's why you love him, Rosa. That's why we love him. :mf_rosetinted:

And we are still doing this :aah: Sorry Andy :wub2:

:roftl:

:roftl:

:teehee:

oh I am sure many do.

I remember George Michael forgetting the lyrics to Careless Whisper even, in Rock in Rio...:blink: It was bothering me for years what might have happened but some years ago he actually mentioned in an interview that he couldn't concentrate on singing because there was a hot Brazilian guy front row doing all he could to make himself visible..:roftl: (they started a relationship right after that, btw:teehee:).

So I don't know if it was because of this or George had other problems, too, because the whole song sounded like slowed down to half speed (smiley_emoticons_seb_dead.gif), but it does happen to the best, it seems...:dunno:

(Sorry to be :ot: )

:biggrin2:

Actually, the queue in Coimbra was very ordinary, even relaxed compared to most gigs I've seen... People (not a large number) were just sitting there and waiting. For me it was different than many gigs, because I didn't know so many people.

Yes, I believe that, but still... You saw the kind of gig/party that was, we could have got the front row by going there at 4 pm. :aah: And what frustrated me the most was the fact that people didn't even trust us when we warned them, and went there at 7 am or whatever, because they heard that other group of fans was going too and they wanted to be first, yadda yadda... :boxed: That just doesn't make sense for me, and I'm not used to that kind of things, honestly... :dunno: That's why, in a certain way, I'm happy I didn't experience the "queue madness" some of you have. :naughty:

Anyway, as I said, the best in Coimbra was hanging out with people, meeting everyone, etc. The gig was good, but if it wasn't for the pre-gig moments, the whole thing wouldn't have been half as good. :wink2:

And people think I'm nuts when I tell them I met many people at the gigs. Really, I thought that was normal, but maybe it isn't. :teehee: They don't know what they're losing... :wub2:

Yes, I believe that, but still... You saw the kind of gig/party that was, we could have got the front row by going there at 4 pm. :aah: And what frustrated me the most was the fact that people didn't even trust us when we warned them, and went there at 7 am or whatever, because they heard that other group of fans was going too and they wanted to be first, yadda yadda... :boxed: That just doesn't make sense for me, and I'm not used to that kind of things, honestly... :dunno: That's why, in a certain way, I'm happy I didn't experience the "queue madness" some of you have. :naughty:

Anyway, as I said, the best in Coimbra was hanging out with people, meeting everyone, etc. The gig was good, but if it wasn't for the pre-gig moments, the whole thing wouldn't have been half as good. :wink2:

And people think I'm nuts when I tell them I met many people at the gigs. Really, I thought that was normal, but maybe it isn't. :teehee: They don't know what they're losing... :wub2:

Lisbon gig was my fav of all because of the queueing.... and the gig itself was so f*cking great too,since Mika cancelled first,and it was the last one,and he was happy... and moved... (yes,he was moved when the hearts thingie..:wink2:) and I love the "feeling" i felt there in Portugal... :wub2:

oh I am sure many do.

I remember George Michael forgetting the lyrics to Careless Whisper even, in Rock in Rio...:blink: It was bothering me for years what might have happened but some years ago he actually mentioned in an interview that he couldn't concentrate on singing because there was a hot Brazilian guy front row doing all he could to make himself visible..:roftl: (they started a relationship right after that, btw:teehee:).

So I don't know if it was because of this or George had other problems, too, because the whole song sounded like slowed down to half speed (smiley_emoticons_seb_dead.gif), but it does happen to the best, it seems...:dunno:

(Sorry to be :ot: )

:biggrin2:

Oh yeah, many do! Other example. Rufus Wainwright messed up the lyrics of 2 songs when he played here! :aah: (so cute... :blush-anim-cl::wub2:) LOL

(sorry to continue the off topic but...well...we've been off topic for a couple pages anyway! :teehee:)

Lisbon gig was my fav of all because of the queueing.... and the gig itself was so f*cking great too,since Mika cancelled first,and it was the last one,and he was happy... and moved... (yes,he was moved when the hearts thingie..:wink2:) and I love the "feeling" i felt there in Portugal... :wub2:

Yeah.. :wub2: My fave so far!

Don't you dare to miss the next one, missy!:sneaky2:

Do you think que queue'll be ordinary in Oporto? :blink:

It will only depend on the MFCers... I believe no-one will go to the festival in the morning (at least it's not usual). :wink2:

Do you think que queue'll be ordinary in Oporto? :blink:

eeh??? :aah::aah:

it depends... depends on how many gigs is Mika doing before Porto :aah::aah: let´s hope he´s doing lots of them,so people from the east of Europe won´t travel to Portugal,so it´ll be easier :aah::aah:

It's a bit more complicated than that. I spent hours walking around Coimbra before I went to the venue at 9-10 (it was impossible to sleep because of party noise, and actually it was later for me because of time difference), and I felt couldn't spend any moment alone in my hotel room any more :wink2: There were just a few people during the day, so it was quite relaxed.

I was really pleased to see the Coimbra gig. It was a student event with drunken students, so not maybe an ideal gig, and he was obviously a bit tired. But it was soon after the accident, and he did really well... It was very professionally done and performing even made him smile, so seeing it made me really happy, and I felt it was really worth traveling :wub2:

I agree, it's always great to meet people :biggrin2:

@Suzie A few words about George can't be off topic in any thread :teehee:

Edited by tiibet