Not everything needs a thread

Awwww, thanks for linking these!! I was just thinking about Oslo and Copenhagen a couple of days ago, because it was exactly one year since the gigs. Lovely memories, he was really relaxed in Oslo, both during the gig and m&g :wub2:

In Copenhagen several young girls fainted during the gig (I can't understand why, it didn't feel so hot or too crowded). He couldn't talk after the gig (because of his voice), and I said "did you see all those fainting girls??!! You are a superstar. I wonder how it would be in my country" I can never say anything I have planned, words just always come out of my mouth, and he was like :shocked::blush-anim-cl: and I was "did I really have to say that???" :roftl: Mana, he was really sweet when you gave the yearbook!

He did come to Finland later, too. I was worried weeks before the gig (that he wouldn't like the gig/venue/audience etc), but it all went well :wub2:

Edit: Just noticed this is Andy thread!

Edited by tiibet

Hey now, he hugs me in that video from LA too. :teehee: Good thing too, or I'd think he's only up for hugs when he's receiving elaborate, time consuming gifts. :shun::roftl:

And I still love my tattoo. :wub2: Maybe even more than when I got it. I can't believe it's already been over two years. Time flies. :insane:

Just to continue with the off topic :naughty:

I saw a pic of your tattoo the other day when I was looking through my photo bucket pics. I am glad that you still like it......I still love mine too. It's a good job of course as they will be with us for life. :thumb_yello:

I saw a pic of your tattoo the other day when I was looking through my photo bucket pics. I am glad that you still like it......I still love mine too. It's a good job of course as they will be with us for life. :thumb_yello:

It's already been over a year and a half since you got yours, hasn't it? It wasn't long after Blackpool, if I remember correctly?

And yes, that's a very good point. :roftl: I guess someone should ask us in 20 years how we feel about them... but I can't imagine feeling any different. :blush-anim-cl:

It's already been over a year and a half since you got yours, hasn't it? It wasn't long after Blackpool, if I remember correctly?

And yes, that's a very good point. :roftl: I guess someone should ask us in 20 years how we feel about them... but I can't imagine feeling any different. :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah....mine will be two years in July....it was after itunes.

Yes, sometimes I imagine myself in a nursing home and the young staff having a giggle at it :naughty:

Hopefully that is quite a way off yet though!

Why? :boxed:

cause I think Mika is the Mika I´m used to see... and I´m not sure if I´ll like the new music.... :boxed: I don´t like changes in my life,so I think I extrapolate it to everything... that´s why I always listen the same music (old music) and stuff... but lately... I don´t feel like being into him... :dunno:

Sigh! It does!:blink:

Hello Sienna :wub2: Long time!!!

cause I think Mika is the Mika I´m used to see... and I´m not sure if I´ll like the new music.... :boxed: I don´t like changes in my life,so I think I extrapolate it to everything... that´s why I always listen the same music (old music) and stuff... but lately... I don´t feel like being into him... :dunno:

Hmmm....I think that you're on your first Mika crisis :naughty:

Personally, I just miss feeling like this:

Well, of course everyone has different opinions of course, but for me this gig was one of my definite top 3 of all times. It was just AMAZING, he was really going for it, he connected with the audience big time, he has an incredible energy.... It really was something super electric and special:. you can hear our crazy screams and singing :lmfao:

[YOUTUBE]R9RgKDrvSlk[/YOUTUBE]

We'll take care of that in July! :huglove:

Until then...step back a bit if you feel like it. Sometimes it's good to do that. :wink2:

Does he still know how to sing it? :teehee:

:dunno: he sang it in 2008, but not 2009... not that i know of

Well Guy,that's not an excuse...he sang Kick Ass many times last year, the song was new, and still managed to mess up the lyrics in Coimbra... :aah::teehee::naughty:

Well Guy,that's not an excuse...he sang Kick Ass many times last year, the song was new, and still managed to mess up the lyrics in Coimbra... :aah::teehee::naughty:

well, he didn't mess it up in montreal... cuz he didn't sing it live yet! :sneaky2:

whine! whine! whine! :naughty:

Does he still know how to sing it? :teehee:

No :no:

At the private gig Tiibet's husband asked him to sing it but he couldn't even start it properly so he gave up in the end...:roftl:

I think it was after this attempt that he said he only remembered songs he had written..:naughty: ...

Edited by suzie

Hello Sienna :wub2: Long time!!!

Hmmm....I think that you're on your first Mika crisis :naughty:

Personally, I just miss feeling like this:

I think the bigger the gigs are the worse it gets to feel that again.... more people at gigs means more money for him but less connection IMO of course...

We'll take care of that in July! :huglove:

Until then...step back a bit if you feel like it. Sometimes it's good to do that. :wink2:

yeah... I know... I´ll wait till the first festival...if he doesn´t sing anything new,maybe I won´t travel... I´m a bit tired,I´ve seen for 4 times now the same performance,and I prefer saving money for the meeting in London in January than seeing again the same...

I think the bigger the gigs are the worse it gets to feel that again.... more people at gigs means more money for him but less connection IMO of course...

For me it's just time passing, the same as you experience with any relationship or passion. For me, nothing can ever come close to the gig that Sara posted from early 2008. Not even an acoustic living room gig for 18 people. :dunno:

At the private gig Tiibet's husband asked him to sing it but he couldn't even start it properly so he gave up in the end...:roftl:

I think it was after this attempt that he said he only remembered songs he had written..:naughty: ...

Bad boy haha :aah:

For me it's just time passing, the same as you experience with any relationship or passion. For me, nothing can ever come close to the gig that Sara posted from early 2008. Not even an acoustic living room gig for 18 people. :dunno:

How do you feel about it?

How do you feel about it?

Well it's a relief but a bit disappointing as well I guess. I think it's going to present a practical problem in the future because I haven't queued for a gig in over a year and don't know if I'll be up for doing it again.

At the Kool Haus gig that Sara posted it was complete chaos. The crowd was noisy and hyper and pushing us so hard that the barricade was shifting underneath us. And it was HOT. :aah:

But when Mika came out I just forgot all of that. I saw some pics of the gig later and there was a guy on stage who couldn't have been more than 10 feet from me and I did not see him. I don't know who this guy was, I don't know what the band was doing, I don't know what the people around me were doing. I couldn't see or hear anything but Mika.

It's a very different experience now and all of the physical strain that goes along with one of these gigs is not so easily ignored anymore. Seeing Mika is not much different for me than seeing many of my favourite singers but it is always so difficult because of the crowds and the queuing and the fact that I have to travel so far. Every time I go to see another artist and it's easy and pleasant I resent the hassle of these Mika gigs because they are just as difficult as they always were but the payoff is not the same because it's not as exciting anymore.

Well it's a relief but a bit disappointing as well I guess. I think it's going to present a practical problem in the future because I haven't queued for a gig in over a year and don't know if I'll be up for doing it again.

At the Kool Haus gig that Sara posted it was complete chaos. The crowd was noisy and hyper and pushing us so hard that the barricade was shifting underneath us. And it was HOT. :aah:

But when Mika came out I just forgot all of that. I saw some pics of the gig later and there was a guy on stage who couldn't have been more than 10 feet from me and I did not see him. I don't know who this guy was, I don't know what the band was doing, I don't know what the people around me were doing. I couldn't see or hear anything but Mika.

It's a very different experience now and all of the physical strain that goes along with one of these gigs is not so easily ignored anymore. Seeing Mika is not much different for me than seeing many of my favourite singers but it is always so difficult because of the crowds and the queuing and the fact that I have to travel so far. Every time I go to see another artist and it's easy and pleasant I resent the hassle of these Mika gigs because they are just as difficult as they always were but the payoff is not the same because it's not as exciting anymore.

It's a shame you don't enjoy them as much any more. But you never know what the next tour might bring us! :wink2:

I agree here... Each time I´ve been in a gig,I was like "wow... best gig ever!!!" but now that I can see it from perspective... the first one was the first one... I mean... first time seeing him,first time meeting friends etc. The second one was for me the best one of all (less for OMS that he sang so f*cking great in Madrid,first gig) cause i re-met my friends and saw Ida,blablabla.... but for the last two gigs... the only thing I remember clearly is the was in the queue..not the gig... I mean... well,maybe it´s just because the four gigs where in the same year and he did the same things every gig (well,to be honest,in the last one he sang kick ass and sweet dreams) but the feeling I had in the two first gigs was special. And as Sara says maybe I´m in my first Mika crisi (or maybe not,I really think is the third or even the fourth :aah:) but of course I´m not as hyper to go to the next gig as I was for the second one.

Do you believe if I tell you that I can't remember ANYTHING from our gig? I mean, I watch the vids and it's like I've never been there. I remember clearly that it was amazing but, at the same time, I can't remember being there! I can't remember Mika's face or what he told me. Does it make any sense?! :aah: What I'm trying to say is that I totally understand your feelings about the Kool House gig :wink2: BTW, it was hot here too. But this is definitely not new :teehee:

About being exciting, I'll have to repeat what was already said: let's wait for da **** off album and da **** off tour! :roftl:

Do you believe if I tell you that I can't remember ANYTHING from our gig? I mean, I watch the vids and it's like I've never been there. I remember clearly that it was amazing but, at the same time, I can't remember being there! I can't remember Mika's face or what he told me. Does it make any sense?! :aah: What I'm trying to say is that I totally understand your feelings about the Kool House gig :wink2: BTW, it was hot here too. But this is definitely not new :teehee:

About being exciting, I'll have to repeat what was already said: let's wait for da **** off album and da **** off tour! :roftl:

exactly.. I can´t remember everything... I just remember the feelings,or certain parts of the shows... not even watching vids I can feeling "inside"... but I do remember his face at two or three concrete moments... it´s odd...

Yes, I think my husband really didn't understand Mika can't/want do all songs. We had seen just a few weeks earlier a kind of living room gig by a Finnish artist (singer-songwriter), and he did 2,5 hour gig without any set list, everything people were asking, covers too...