Not everything needs a thread

It will only depend on the MFCers... I believe no-one will go to the festival in the morning (at least it's not usual). :wink2:

Yes, and festivals are different in every way. You can never be sure what will happen, and everything can be a chaos, so better not expect anything and just try to enjoy. I have not done many festivals, I think I'm too old :aah:

it depends... depends on how many gigs is Mika doing before Porto :aah::aah: let´s hope he´s doing lots of them,so people from the east of Europe won´t travel to Portugal,so it´ll be easier :aah:

:lmao: Rosaaaaa!

It's a bit more complicated than that. I spent hours walking around Coimbra before I went to the venue at 9-10 (it was impossible to sleep because of party noise, and actually it was later for me because of time difference), and I felt couldn't spend any moment alone in my hotel room any more :wink2: There were just a few people during the day, so it was quite relaxed.

I was really pleased to see the Coimbra gig. It was a student event with drunken students, so not maybe an ideal gig, and he was obviously a bit tired. But it was soon after the accident, and he did really well... It was very professionally done and performing even made him smile, so seeing it made me really happy, and I felt it was really worth traveling :wub2:

I agree, it's always great to meet people :biggrin2:

@Suzie A few words about George can't be off topic in any thread :teehee:

Yeah, I remember you saying that (and perhaps it was also our fault, we know how loud those parties are, but I had no idea that the venue was so close to hotels and stuff, I thought it was more isolated :dunno:). But what I said was what some people told me on that day, I wasn't saying everyone did the same. :wink2:

About the drunk students...yes they're everywhere in that event...it was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about the gig! :blink: Btw, did you hear a guy was stabbed on that same night, a few hours after the gigs ended? :boxed:

Yes, I think my husband really didn't understand Mika can't/want do all songs.

I think the problem was that Mika didn’t know he wouldn’t be able to do them.(:teehee: ) Otherwise why would he have said that anything could be requested :dunno:

We had seen just a few weeks earlier a kind of living room gig by a Finnish artist (singer-songwriter), and he did 2,5 hour gig without any set list, everything people were asking, covers too...
Must be hard to remember by heart all the songs you ever write without being able to rely on sheet music:blink:

A good pianist can play the chords to any song they know whether or not they have even seen the sheet music to it. It might not be in the key it was originally written but would still sound the same.

Mika may not comfortable with the piano but he has good instincts and is very musical. It was so evident at the private gig. He couldn’t remember how a song would start, what chords to play and lyrics to sing but once it all clicked he was shining :wub2: I remember thinking exactly the same when he reached the middle of Pick Up Off the Floor at that private gig and I found it all really sweet. :blush-anim-cl:

For me, the good thing about Mika's gigs is that it's not just about the gig anymore. I love the pre-gig moments almost as much as I love the gig itself, and that's something that doesn't happen with other artists I've seen live so far.

Yes, sharing the experience with others is just as an important part of the experience for me, too. However, what really does it for me is that his concerts are never the same. I don’t mean a mere change of the setlist, the order of the songs or the set. He performs the songs differently and you can clearly feel that he is doing it to please himself, too, i.e. he is enjoying it all. And I love this attitude - so rare nowadays.

As for the festivals, I don’t think I’ll go to any this summer, unless they are nearby or I happen to be around as I’d rather save for proper gigs. I have learned which types of concerts I enjoy most so I’ll only choose the ones that suit me best. :teehee:

Yes, sharing the experience with others is just as an important part of the experience for me, too. However, what really does it for me is that his concerts are never the same. I don’t mean a mere change of the setlist, the order of the songs or the set. He performs the songs differently and you can clearly feel that he is doing it to please himself, too, i.e. he is enjoying it all. And I love this attitude - so rare nowadays.

Yes, his shows are not as strict as other artists'. He has his "plan" but he still leaves room for improvisation, comments, etc. I love it too! :wub2:

oh I am sure many do.

I remember George Michael forgetting the lyrics to Careless Whisper even, in Rock in Rio...:blink: It was bothering me for years what might have happened but some years ago he actually mentioned in an interview that he couldn't concentrate on singing because there was a hot Brazilian guy front row doing all he could to make himself visible..:roftl: (they started a relationship right after that, btw:teehee:).

So I don't know if it was because of this or George had other problems, too, because the whole song sounded like slowed down to half speed (smiley_emoticons_seb_dead.gif), but it does happen to the best, it seems...:dunno:

(Sorry to be :ot: )

:biggrin2:

Hehe, maybe Mika was distracted because of someone in the audience!:naughty:

*looking strictly:annoyed_h4h: to all the concert attendees*

Okay guys, time for a confession, who was it?:poke:

Hehe, maybe Mika was distracted because of someone in the audience!:naughty:

*looking strictly:annoyed_h4h: to all the concert attendees*

Okay guys, time for a confession, who was it?:poke:

maybe he was distracted because i wasn't in the audience :shun::naughty:

maybe he was distracted because i wasn't in the audience :shun::naughty:

yes, that is a more likely scenario since there were very few (i.e.2-3) people at his eye level who were not filming. :cool: He did have eye-contact with those but I understand he must have been fed up with that after a while so he just decided to close his eyes and think of someone else instead:mf_rosetinted:

yes, that is a more likely scenario since there were very few (i.e.2-3) people at his eye level who were not filming. :cool: He did have eye-contact with those but I understand he must have been fed up with that after a while so he just decided to close his eyes and think of someone else instead:mf_rosetinted:

who?:mf_rosetinted: