Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 8)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Kumazzzz :wub2: I'll watch it later :biggrin2:

Lately I've been reading old books from my mum and I am horrified to find how many ugly things they say about homosexuality. First of all there is no actuall need to say those things, doesn't change the concept of the whole thing. And second, there is just no way to say those things at all which are so not real.

I get mad when I read something like that.

I though we were 'more' over with the stupidity of that kind of discrimination, but apparently we aren't. It makes me so sad there is so heartless - brainless pleople to think like that.

Humans ARE animals. :lmao: :lmao:

Animal rationale :teehee: (Blame it on Socrates)

Anyway, human are Homo , aren't we? Just like the fossil of homo sapiens. Even the Greek say that we are homo economicus. So what's wrong with the cliche?

Oh thanks for the link Kumazzz. I'm glad Mika tweeted about this. I hadn't heard about this documentary before and I found it fascinating, albeit disturbing.

What I found most surprising was how foreign this all felt to me. The concept of governments instituting such unthinkable punishments for homosexuality feels like something from a history book from a darker time. :freak: I (and Mika, and probably a lot of people here) grew up in a world where it's simply wrong to discriminate LGBT people, nevermind wish them ostracized from their communities or even put to death. :aah: Here, it's just a tiny handful who have beliefs like this. The concept of an entire country (and their leaders) feeling this way is really shocking.

I feel the same way Scott Mills felt at the end; a little guilty for taking for granted the amazing freedoms that come with living where I do. :blink:

From @greg_wells (6 minutes ago):

At my mom's house in Toronto, kids asleep, listening to TBWKTM on headphones. "I See You" is a masterpiece, also "Pick Up Off The Floor".

Couldn´t agree more :wub2:

At my mom's house in Toronto, kids asleep, listening to TBWKTM on headphones. "I See You" is a masterpiece, also "Pick Up Off The Floor".

oh but you missed the best info :teehee:

he told zoots that Mika's new stuff was "the hints are brilliant, very contemporary, and painfully genius." :wub2:

:swoon:

This reminds me of that old interview where Mika was talking about TBWKTM while it was still a work in progress and he was quoted as saying "it will be brilliant and it will be a hurricane". For weeks the "working title" on MFC became "Brilliant Hurricane". :naughty:

So clearly the working title for all further discussion of this new album needs to be "Painfully Genius". :teehee:

This reminds me of that old interview where Mika was talking about TBWKTM while it was still a work in progress and he was quoted as saying "it will be brilliant and it will be a hurricane". For weeks the "working title" on MFC became "Brilliant Hurricane". :naughty:

So clearly the working title for all further discussion of this new album needs to be "Painfully Genius". :teehee:

yes! i like it! Mika's new music is "painfully genius" :swoon:

he told zoots that Mika's new stuff was "the hints are brilliant, very contemporary, and painfully genius." :wub2:

I like this kind of news...:thumb_yello:

In Soviet Union gays were put into the prison, and only God knows what an ordeal they faced here.

There was a very good actor, famous, people liked him, but even he was put into jail. Only after I grow up I got to know the real reason for it, that he was gay.

Novadays the things get better, it became even fashionable in show business circles. But most common people are still hating gays.

So, the situation differs from West-European a lot. Better than in Uganda, though.

I'm so sad that Mika is sad :tears:

In Soviet Union gays were put into the prison, and only God knows what an ordeal they faced here.

There was a very good actor, famous, people liked him, but even he was put into jail. Only after I grow up I got to know the real reason for it, that he was gay.

Novadays the things get better, it became even fashionable in show business circles. But most common people are still hating gays.

So, the situation differs from West-European a lot. Better than in Uganda, though.

:tears::tears:

By coincidence I watched a movie about Rock Hudson (whom I remember very well) on True Movies, the other day. It was really a sad story.

He was marketed as an All American Boy. He had everything going for him, he was tall, dark and handsome and became a huge star and heartthrob. But he was gay, and the movie highlighted his struggles to cope in a world where he could not be open about his sexuality, and had to hide that side away from the public. There was one part where he looked at himself in a mirror and started to cry! It was heartbreaking to watch.

Poor Rock died of AIDS in the mid eighties.

By another coincidence on Monday this week I watched a doc about that Phelps family in America, who run that so-called church The Westboro Baptist Church. They are loosing their hold on some of their family members (thank God) That hateful family and their followers are completely nuts and are about the worst kind of sinners they could possibly be!

What a world we live in, when people can't be who they are meant to be, and there is so much hatred for people who can't help the way they are and should be allowed to be themselves.

yes! i like it! Mika's new music is "painfully genius" :swoon:

Can't wait to listen this album!!!! :wub2:

I still can't understand how , in 2011 , people are still being killed for loving each other , in a (perhaps) different way , that's sad !

As for the new twitt , well...all I can say is that everything "painfully genious" is my fav :biggrin2:

I think its amazing that Greg listens to TBWKTM for fun :biggrin2: You would think that having heard it so much when producing it, he wouldn't want to listen to it for fun. Professionals are usually always looking to the next project, not looking back. :biggrin2:

And he produces so many artists - but he listens to Mika for fun when he is at his mum's house and tweets about him :wub2:

I think its amazing that Greg listens to TBWKTM for fun :biggrin2: You would think that having heard it so much when producing it, he wouldn't want to listen to it for fun. Professionals are usually always looking to the next project, not looking back. :biggrin2:

And he produces so many artists - but he listens to Mika for fun when he is at his mum's house and tweets about him :wub2:

That is so amazing, really :swoon:

I was thinking about that! totally agree..And it's quite amazing:biggrin2:

Archived