Hey Teegs you got any tips out there for me with my job applications.

Hopefully if I get rung back tonight I'll be going on a tour of one of the schools with other graduates tomorrow morning. I'm limited in time to apply since I have less than a month before I go away (I did plan the trip to start later, but flights changed that). But if all else fails there's CRT and getting a job next year.

Hey Teegs you got any tips out there for me with my job applications.

Hopefully if I get rung back tonight I'll be going on a tour of one of the schools with other graduates tomorrow morning. I'm limited in time to apply since I have less than a month before I go away (I did plan the trip to start later, but flights changed that). But if all else fails there's CRT and getting a job next year.

Ummmmmm...

- Make sure you really know and understand the syllabus documents

- If the application lists job criteria, make sure you talk about each one

- Make sure your resume is up to date and looks good... and not too long (obvious one, but still)

- If you don't get a job, make sure you ask what you can do to improve (this is a big one, principals can really give you a lot of hints)

- Do as much casual teaching as you can

That's all I can think of, but I'll have another think (and look through my applications) and see what I can come up with...

EDIT: This might be of use... I just found while I was looking at DEC's social networking site

https://detwww.det.nsw.edu.au/media/downloads/proflearn/secure/career/index.html

(just ignore anything that might refer to DET/DEC or NSW, especially if it's not something that's national)...

If you can't access it, let me know and I'll see it I can save it.

So what did you get for your birthday, Tegan?

Okies... I got:

- A silver bangle, a picture with names of French places and a framed picture from Derek

- Seasons 7-10 of CSI, season 2 of Vampire Diaries and a belt from the parentals

- Season 4 of Big Bang Theory from Zoe

- An Evil Ash bobblehead (Army of Darkness thing) from my niece

- $50 from my brother and nephew, which is going towards a HD camera (my brother said he could get me a camera from Vietnam... I said no).

- Scratchies from my grandparents and aunts and uncles

- body wash etc from another aunt and uncle

I think that was it...

Edited by nico_collard

Okies... I got:

- A silver bangle, a picture with names of French places and a framed picture from Derek

- Seasons 7-10 of CSI, season 2 of Vampire Diaries and a belt from the parentals

- Season 4 of Big Bang Theory from Zoe

- An Evil Ash bobblehead (Army of Darkness thing) from my niece

- $50 from my brother and nephew, which is going towards a HD camera (my brother said he could get me a camera from Vietnam... I said no).

- Scratchies from my grandparents and aunts and uncles

- body wash etc from another aunt and uncle

I think that was it...

You've lost me on the Aussie slang, what are scratchies? :naughty:

Heeeeeey Guys!!! :D

Ok so its been forever since ive jumped on here.....how is everyone??

Hardly ever on the computer these days since getting my iphone :P addictive much? lol

Got a laptop now so should be on here more often :D

Not too much is new with me......working alot as usual.

Am going to a thing called Supanova next weekend :D kinda an exebition thingy where everyone dresses up as a character of some sort.......im going as sally from nightmare before christmas.......my bro's are going as mario and woookie lol :P

Hope all is well with you all......no doubt ive missed alot of whuts going on with you all.....sorry havent been on, im a wee bit slack eh lol

Ohhh and if anyone has the wii......theres a dance game (cant quite remember whut its called).....but, it has Lollipop on there :D heaps fun!!

You can win a lot of money on them, right?

The world is littered by them, we have them even in my little corner of the world!:naughty:

Did you win anything?

Yep, you can win a lot of money on them. My uncle one $100,000 on one.

Unfortunately I didn't win anything :(

Heeeeeey Guys!!! :D

Ok so its been forever since ive jumped on here.....how is everyone??

Hardly ever on the computer these days since getting my iphone :P addictive much? lol

Got a laptop now so should be on here more often :D

Not too much is new with me......working alot as usual.

Am going to a thing called Supanova next weekend :D kinda an exebition thingy where everyone dresses up as a character of some sort.......im going as sally from nightmare before christmas.......my bro's are going as mario and woookie lol :P

Hope all is well with you all......no doubt ive missed alot of whuts going on with you all.....sorry havent been on, im a wee bit slack eh lol

Ohhh and if anyone has the wii......theres a dance game (cant quite remember whut its called).....but, it has Lollipop on there :D heaps fun!!

Hey Sen! I'm pretty good, I've been frantically saving up money for my holiday overseas next year.

Ooooh, Supanova! Cool! Are you planning on getting photos or autographs from anyone?

I've only been to Supanova once, and unless they got someone I really desperately wanted to see I doubt I'll go again (unless Hub Productions asks me to work in the shop, then I might go)...

*checks Supanova site*

No freaking way! Christopher Lloyd! Evanna Lynch! Colin Morgan! Renee O'Connor! BILLY BOYD!!! *squees*

I must admit I'm surprised to see Val Kilmer doing cons...

I've only been to Supanova once, and unless they got someone I really desperately wanted to see I doubt I'll go again (unless Hub Productions asks me to work in the shop, then I might go)...

*checks Supanova site*

No freaking way! Christopher Lloyd! Evanna Lynch! Colin Morgan! Renee O'Connor! BILLY BOYD!!! *squees*

I must admit I'm surprised to see Val Kilmer doing cons...

So are you going then? :naughty:

Ummmmm, Brisbane is a little too far for me to go. It's over 12 hrs drive in a car and if I want to get on a plane I have ot go to Sydney first...

If I could go, I totally would!

I'm hoping we get as awesome names for Supanova in melb next year, and for Oz comic con (the new one).

I did Armaggedon recently, and got to see Mark Shepperd (who when we were walking through the exhibits later passed me and said he liked my Fez. By the time I realised it was him all I could do was stare after him, since I didn't notice at first), Callum Blue, Amanda Tapping and Robin Thuane, and Nicholas Brendon and his twin Kelly Donovan.

Ummmmm, Brisbane is a little too far for me to go. It's over 12 hrs drive in a car and if I want to get on a plane I have ot go to Sydney first...

If I could go, I totally would!

:teehee: Wasn't really thinking about the distances involved

I'm hoping we get as awesome names for Supanova in melb next year, and for Oz comic con (the new one).

I did Armaggedon recently, and got to see Mark Shepperd (who when we were walking through the exhibits later passed me and said he liked my Fez. By the time I realised it was him all I could do was stare after him, since I didn't notice at first), Callum Blue, Amanda Tapping and Robin Thuane, and Nicholas Brendon and his twin Kelly Donovan.

I'm sure this was wonderful, but I don't have a clue who you're talking about.:biggrin2:

I don't think we have anything like these events in the UK :no:

Apparently Amanda Tapping is very nice...

Oooooh yes! Oz Comic-Con! Should be good (especially since Stan Lee has been confirmed)! I think I'd die if Carissa brought over Bruce Campbell (she's been trying to get him here for something for ages)...

I've seen quite aphotos of people with Nicholas and Kelly... Was it a two for one deal with those two or something?

:teehee: Wasn't really thinking about the distances involved

Meh, it's all good. I've decided that a lot of stuff like this is off limits until after I come back from O/S, so I wouldn't have gone even if I could get flights and stuff...

I'm sure this was wonderful, but I don't have a clue who you're talking about.:biggrin2:

Actors from tv shows... Amanda Tapping, Callum Blue and Robin Thuane are from Sanctuary, Nicholas Brendon was on Buffy (and Kelly Donovan played his stand-in from time to time). Callum is also from Smallville. Mark Sheppard is from Supernatural and Warehouse 13 :thumb_yello:

I would've thought that there are conventions and stuff in England... They have heaps in Oz (though Perth and Adelaids quite often get shunned), and they have a stack in the US...

Oooooh yes! Oz Comic-Con! Should be good (especially since Stan Lee has been confirmed)! I think I'd die if Carissa brought over Bruce Campbell (she's been trying to get him here for something for ages)...

I've seen quite aphotos of people with Nicholas and Kelly... Was it a two for one deal with those two or something?

Meh, it's all good. I've decided that a lot of stuff like this is off limits until after I come back from O/S, so I wouldn't have gone even if I could get flights and stuff...

Actors from tv shows... Amanda Tapping, Callum Blue and Robin Thuane are from Sanctuary, Nicholas Brendon was on Buffy (and Kelly Donovan played his stand-in from time to time). Callum is also from Smallville. Mark Sheppard is from Supernatural and Warehouse 13 :thumb_yello:

I would've thought that there are conventions and stuff in England... They have heaps in Oz (though Perth and Adelaids quite often get shunned), and they have a stack in the US...

They probably do have conventions, I've never really looked. But they don't seem to get advertised.

Didn't Amanda Tapping used to be in Stargate? Or am I thinking of someone else?

They probably do have conventions, I've never really looked. But they don't seem to get advertised.

I very rarely see ads for anything other than Supanova or Armageddon, but then again I usually know about them well and truly before they're on.

Yeah, she was. She was also blonde in it (but I think she looks much better with darker hair)...

Yeah Kelly and Nicholas had a two for one deal. Also their panel had a lot of girls asking for hugs (which got annoying)

Ahem. Amanda Tapping also from Stargate Sg1 (which I've seen every episode from) and she's guested in the others. Callum Blue is from Dead Like Me (and then Smallville). Mark Sheppard was also in Doctor Who, playing the same character as his dad.

I wasn't really a big Sanctuary fan, since they used a lot of green screen but I'm going to try to get into it.

and Kelly was on props first, and then did stunt work for Nicholas.

There'd be events like in the UK. Armageddon and Supanova aren't advertised on mainstream tv much.

Yes she was in Stargate. For 10 years. Plus guest roles in the spin offs.

Yeah Kelly and Nicholas had a two for one deal. Also their panel had a lot of girls asking for hugs (which got annoying)

I was going to ask why the staff didn't tell the fangurls to stop asking for stuff like that during the Q&A...

Ahem. Amanda Tapping also from Stargate Sg1 (which I've seen every episode from) and she's guested in the others. Callum Blue is from Dead Like Me (and then Smallville). Mark Sheppard was also in Doctor Who, playing the same character as his dad.

I wasn't really a big Sanctuary fan, since they used a lot of green screen but I'm going to try to get into it.

and Kelly was on props first, and then did stunt work for Nicholas.

Meh, I was going from memory for most of that, so I did pretty well. At least I recognised all of their names...

I was going to ask why the staff didn't tell the fangurls to stop asking for stuff like that during the Q&A...

Meh, I was going from memory for most of that, so I did pretty well. At least I recognised all of their names...

That you did. I didn't expect you to recognise Dead Like Me (but you should go watch it, it has a cult following, and is great,only 2 seasons and a movie).

And I wish the staff would have stepped in and said enough with the hugs. Yes it was nice of the guys to give them, but after the 3rd or so the audience was growing. Sometimes it makes sense to have the no touching policy that comic con does.

Unlike me :teehee:

We'll have to educate you.

I don't watch enough TV to keep up with all these programmes. Used to watch Stargate and Buffy, but a lot of the good programmes - eg Lost, Stargate, Supernatural - get bought up by satellite/cable TV and so I never get to watch them anymore :sad:

That you did. I didn't expect you to recognise Dead Like Me (but you should go watch it, it has a cult following, and is great,only 2 seasons and a movie).

And I wish the staff would have stepped in and said enough with the hugs. Yes it was nice of the guys to give them, but after the 3rd or so the audience was growing. Sometimes it makes sense to have the no touching policy that comic con does.

I have heard of it, but never seen it before. Will have to get Zoe to download it for me (along with Suburgatory, but only cause Alan Tudyk is in it and he's AWESOME!).

I agree with having a no touching policy at least during Q&As. Sometimes the actors like giving out hugs and that's really cool, but not when it's such a limited time (and especially at such a big con, it makes it too hard to keep on time).

I agree with educating silver...

I don't watch enough TV to keep up with all these programmes. Used to watch Stargate and Buffy, but a lot of the good programmes - eg Lost, Stargate, Supernatural - get bought up by satellite/cable TV and so I never get to watch them anymore :sad:

Downloading tv shows is the best thing ever! I end up buying a lot of the box sets anyways, so I figue if I can see the show quicker than waiting for it to be on free to air tv (who stuff up the time slots anyways and cause the shows to go to pay tv... I'm looking at you, Go!, you totally screwed up TVD! :sneaky2:)

Ooooh, and I kinda fangurled earlier... Ben Parker posted on Facebook and asked people to like his band's page, I said I'd already done it... He said "Love you TT"... It's obviously meant in appreciation, but it didn't stop me from fangurling cause he replied to me... :fangurl:

Yes, I'm a sad, sad person. :teehee: